Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Grand Floridian supply cakes to CRT if you order a cake for there? I think I am going to schedule a meal there for my daughter's third birthday in August and want to know what to expect (cake quality). I think I am going to do a whole day of character meals to make her day very special! So trying to think of places because one of them I will order a cake for her! :)

Does the Grand Floridian supply cakes to CRT if you order a cake for there? I think I am going to schedule a meal there for my daughter's third birthday in August and want to know what to expect (cake quality). I think I am going to do a whole day of character meals to make her day very special! So trying to think of places because one of them I will order a cake for her! :)

MK has it's own bakery so their cakes are not from GF.

What about Crystal Palace? Will they do a Tinkerbell cake? If so, has anyone done it and can you post a picture? Thanks!

MK has it's own bakery so their cakes are not from GF.

Ok thank you! I really want a cake from GF! I got confused because of the slipper being at both! So I will have to go to the GF and leave the slipper for the royal table! :thumbsup2 All day celebration here we come! :cool1: :thumbsup2

What is the filling in the slippers from GF? I thought they told me chocolate mousse would be in it, but I see a white cream in most. Is it just a white chocolate mousse?

How much are those cakes? Did you pre order or just ask at the podium.

You reserve the Mini Princess/Pirate cakes while you are making your dinner reservations. I reserved ours when I made my Chef Mickey's ressie. I believe the cost was $15.

Ok I tried to call on my lunch hour today to "pre order" the Pirate My Mini Celebartion cake. I spoke with Julie at MK Dining. She was less than excited to talk to me and told me just to order the cake when we got to the podium to check in. I explained that I really wanted this to be a surprise to the friends we were dining with. I asked for a supervisior or another number I could call and she directed me to the number to make ADRs....I tried but sat on hold forever and had too much to do on my lunch today. I might trying calling CP tonight specifically to see if I can just order them in advance or just do a Mickey Head cake since it would wind up being the same cost in the end....I want to do something really special and the cakes we've had have always been good so I think it's a good idea. I just don't want a yucky cake that's been in the freezer/fridge for three days because no one else ordered it first.:sick:

Call the ADR number and modify your dinner reservation to add the mini Pirate and princess cakes.

I thought I read that you can order a cake at Goofy's candy store. Am I right? Is that located in downtown disney? I am asking because we have reservations for my son's birthday at t-rex and they do not have birthday cakes, but said we can bring one in.
Thanks

Has anyone ordered a customized cake from AKL and if so do you have pictures? What was your experience, and who did you contact? Thanks.

We are going at the end of May and will be celebrating my son's 9th birthday there. I was wondering how we would do a cake. I am so glad that I found this thread!!! Thank you so much!!!

I thought I read that you can order a cake at Goofy's candy store. Am I right? Is that located in downtown disney? I am asking because we have reservations for my son's birthday at t-rex and they do not have birthday cakes, but said we can bring one in.
Thanks

Goofy's is located in DD, but I've never seen cakes there. They do have cupcakes, I think.

We are celebrating DS's college graduation at T-Rex and I'm thinking of getting a cake at Publix. I've heard on here that they are really good and cheap!

Goofy's is located in DD, but I've never seen cakes there. They do have cupcakes, I think.

We are celebrating DS's college graduation at T-Rex and I'm thinking of getting a cake at Publix. I've heard on here that they are really good and cheap!

Publix cakes are delish and they do some really great cakes. If you go to the Publix Decorated Cakes page you can see some examples and at some stores you can order directly from the website.

Thanks for the publix idea, but we won't have a car. We will be having a 10 am breakfast at tusker house, so maybe I will add the cake there.
Thansk

Publix cakes are delish and they do some really great cakes. If you go to the Publix Decorated Cakes page you can see some examples and at some stores you can order directly from the website.

ITA!!! We get all our cakes at Publix. This year we spent our DS's birthday @ Epcot, & ordered a cake from the hotline. It was by far the most disappointing cake we've ever gotten anywhere. I don't think I'll take a chance on WDW's cakes again, until they become more consistent & I know exactly what I'm getting.

Which Publix is the best to go to from Beach Club? How far is it? Are their grocery prices good there as well? We want to make a grocery run, but usually go to the Winn Dixie.

Hi everyone,

I have decided to go with the custom cake at 1900PF, my DD Birthday isnt until 26th April, when should I phone to order/discuss the cake? also which is the best number to phone?

My daughter's birthday is 4/26 as well and we will be celebrating at the GF Garden View Lounge! Someone might have answered you already but here is my 2c...I spoke with Linda in the GF bakery last week and at that time she was able to price out the cake I requested--it took a few phone calls back and forth but she understood what I was asking for and then phoned back with a price. However, they won't take the order until 30 days out. So I would recommend calling now and getting things teed up and then you will be ready at the 30 day mark to order. Call the GF bakery directly and if you get the voice mail leave a message, she will call you back. (And then someone else will call you back again because they didn't realize you had already received a call-back.:rotfl: )

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter