OFFICIAL Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (will contain spoilers once the movie is out)

We also discussed this. How Peter would return to school, at the same age he left but all the rest of those he knew would have gone on, been in college. Then I realized did we know his friend stayed behind? Maybe he is one of the returned too?

As to the next Spiderman, I've never looked at the timeline used on it. Is it set at the end of Endgame? It's not always so that the individual character movies are within the same timeline as Avenger movies. So the sequence can be whatever they want, so long as it happens after Homecoming. For all we know, could the event of the new movie be set between Homecoming and IW?

I think I read somewhere that Far From Home picks up minutes after Endgame or not long after at least.

As for Peter not ageing, he says to Tony when they reunite that he blacked out and when he woke up Tony wasn’t there anymore so I personally took that to mean that it’s only been seconds/minutes for those that had been dusted but 5 years for everyone else. I could be wrong but that’s how I took it.

I just assumed that they were going to say that Ned, MJ, Flash and Betty etc all got dusted too and explain it away that way as to why they’re all the same age and still in the same class.

ETA: But if Far From Home does take place after Endgame then it doesn’t make sense for Peter to be surprised at meeting Nick Fury in the trailer because Nick was at Tony’s funeral so I don’t know haha

Last edited:
They have definitely said the Far from Home takes place after Endgame. That I have read and it serves as the end of Phase 3.

Based on the reaction of his friend, it just seemed like his friend had survived the snap and had not seen peter

Based on the reaction of his friend, it just seemed like his friend had survived the snap and had not seen peter

I thought that at first too but why would a 20/21 year old Ned STILL be in high school? That makes 0 sense. Guess we’ll have to wait until Far From Home comes out and see how they explain it.

They have definitely said the Far from Home takes place after Endgame. That I have read and it serves as the end of Phase 3.

That can't be
If he survived the snap he'd no longer look the same or be in high school. Well if he failed grades he could be but I don't think he would have

Only those who were snapped are unchanged

The problem with Bucky as Cap is that Captain America has to be a paragon of ideals, and Bucky has too much questionable history. I know it wasn't his fault, but he can't carry on the legacy untainted. I hated in the comics how he carried a sidearm too. Sam has always been a solidly moral character and, quite frankly, has more history with Cap (in the comics) - he had earned the role more and is a better representation of Captain America.

Agreed and I feel like it was Cap who was always pulling him out of that brainwashing, so without him being in the picture, it would be more difficult to get him back to the "good" Bucky

I think I read somewhere that Far From Home picks up minutes after Endgame or not long after at least.

As for Peter not ageing, he says to Tony when they reunite that he blacked out and when he woke up Tony wasn’t there anymore so I personally took that to mean that it’s only been seconds/minutes for those that had been dusted but 5 years for everyone else. I could be wrong but that’s how I took it.

I just assumed that they were going to say that Ned, MJ, Flash and Betty etc all got dusted too and explain it away that way as to why they’re all the same age and still in the same class.

ETA: But if Far From Home does take place after Endgame then it doesn’t make sense for Peter to be surprised at meeting Nick Fury in the trailer because Nick was at Tony’s funeral so I don’t know haha
He could be surprised to see Nick because he's not worked directly with Nick this far. It was Tony or Happy

He could be surprised to see Nick because he's not worked directly with Nick this far. It was Tony or Happy

True. I hadn’t thought of that. I guess Nick could have quickly slipped in and out of Tony’s funeral just to pay his respects and not hung around. I would have liked to have seen a quick reunion between him and Carol though but I guess that would have taken away from the moment.

So now I've had more time to think about it.

They basically ended almost all the original Avengers' stories.

Ironman: dead
Cap: back in time living his best life.
Hulk: his whole right side seems pretty shriveled. I can maybe see him being an adviser and maybe popping up from time to time in future movies, but not as the star.
Black Widow: dead
Hawkeye: can't see him leaving his family again after this. And he is training his daughter, so she could pick up the mantle.
Thor: last man standing.

That will cut a lot out of future movies' budgets right there.

What did everyone think of the sort of female empowerment moment?

I didn’t really like that they did it in back to back movies. I thought it went over way better in IW. But maybe this one would have been the better of the two if they hadn’t just done it

Wow, what a movie, and I have no tears left to cry, I think.

Dumb question that I’m hoping that somebody can please explain...why did Future Nebula continue to exist when she killed Past Nebula? This was the only bit that confused me.

Last edited:

Dumb question that I’m hoping that somebody can please explain...why did Future Nebula continue to exit when she killed Past Nebula? This was the only bit that confused me.
Really really good question. You could ask the same for Thanos, he came forward in time, but then was dusted, so how did he go back and do the first snap.

It has some holes, and as time travel is handled differently than other movies, no one can really question it.

Hulk: his whole right side seems pretty shriveled. I can maybe see him being an adviser and maybe popping up from time to time in future movies, but not as the star.
Hawkeye: can't see him leaving his family again after this. And he is training his daughter, so she could pick up the mantle.

Yep.

The idea was to give closure to the original Avengers. That's why major characters like Captain Marvel and Dr Strange didn't get much screen time.

I would think the next Avengers movie (assuming there is another movie with Avengers in the title) would focus heavily on Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, and Black Panther. Not sure if they will throw Dr Strange into that mix or not.

Dumb question that I’m hoping that somebody can please explain...why did Future Nebula continue to exit when she killed Past Nebula? This was the only bit that confused me.

I thought it wasn't so much the past and future but different realities, at the time they went back to change it. I believe the Ancient One told something along that line to the Hulk when he was trying to get her stone.

I thought it wasn't so much the past and future but different realities, at the time they went back to change it. I believe the Ancient One told something along that line to the Hulk when he was trying to get her stone.

Right, it's basically like the multi-verse as far as I understand it, so instead of the issue in most time travel movies if you go back and kill your father, etc. instead you're just creating a different reality unrelated to that one, though I feel like Back to the Future 2 also mentioned this.

Time travel theories can be quite mind-bending.

Isn't that the point of endgame? To wrap up the stories of the original gang?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter