• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

It started working a little before 9am! So was able to book Rainforest Cafe breakfast and Yak & Yeti dinner for our Animal Kingdom day!!!

Tomorrow is our last one!! Will be hunting for an Ohana breakfast and BOG dinner! Crossing fingers I don't have any issues with the system at 6am! :shamrock:

And we got our last ADRs!!!! Ohana Breakfast & BOG Dinner for August 10th!! :flower1:

Now I can relax until July when we start making FP! lol

One week from now I should have all my ADRs done! Yes, I'm being crazy and having the car pick me up at 3:45 to take me to LGA (actually not so crazy as they just had another day where people were walking upwards of a mile because of traffic) for a 9:51am flight. It was mostly so I can be settled and ready to go for booking ADRs, but given the nightmare that getting to LGA has become, I'm almost wondering if I should cancel the car and just go up after seeing On Your Feet on Saturday (only issue is luggage...though I might be able to check it at the Marriott...or leave it with Cisco at the stage door...) and just crash at the airport. I'm only half joking - it is a nightmare right now.

The travel agent calendar is updated with MK hours for the last 2 weeks. A couple of 7pm closes listed.
I am still not sure I trust the Animal Kingdom hours. At least I hope they are wrong.

upload_2017-2-13_13-3-47.png

If you look at July's hours for Animal Kingdom (07/31/2017) and then look to see what they have listed for August 1st, I can't imagine Disney chopping off 3 hours of park time in the midst of summer. It isn't even dark at 7, so the new Rivers of Light show wouldn't be much fun. The rest of the parks seem pretty consistent.

I am still not sure I trust the Animal Kingdom hours. At least I hope they are wrong.

View attachment 220029

If you look at July's hours for Animal Kingdom (07/31/2017) and then look to see what they have listed for August 1st, I can't imagine Disney chopping off 3 hours of park time in the midst of summer. It isn't even dark at 7, so the new Rivers of Light show wouldn't be much fun. The rest of the parks seem pretty consistent.

I would not worry too much - MK closing at 9pm does not seem right either. They usually change the calendar closer to the actual dates.

YESSSSS, just booked a quick surprise trip for the kids for the end of August! 8/24 to 8/28 (though tbh I am selfishly hoping that the 8/25 party date isn't happening...that's my planned MK day and I don't want to spend any more money than I already have! Ha) for our first visit to POR!

We're pretty psyched to surprise the kids, though the plan is to do it the night before so they get some of the fun of anticipating. Just booked the flights, and next up is choosing ADRs!

We were debating between Aug 5-19, or Aug 12-26. We wouldn't have done the MNSSHP, just too much to add to the vacation budget. And, that would have meant MK days with Happily Ever After would be LOTS more crowded, and other parks on party nights would be more crowded.

So glad we chose Aug 5 - 19! Lucky break for us!:banana:

I know that most of the park hours will change between now and the end of Aug, but we a very excited for the possibility of going to the Halloween Party. DD and I have already begun planning our plan of attack to get to everything we want. :)

I have our house reserved, and our rental car, and started making ADR's on Sunday (staying offsite, so one day at a time). This is the part where it starts getting exciting, because the trip starts to become a reality.

We will be there first week of August-unsure of exact dates but likely August 6-11th or 12th. We will be dropping DD off for her college program! Looks like there are a few anniversary celebrations as well-we are celebrating 23rd anniversary on August 7th. Debating Narcoossee's or Citrico's (Victoria and Albert's was on a previous trip and DH always wants to try something new). Not sure if just us 3 (well 2-after the 7th) or if the other kids will come too, so haven't made a decision on where to stay.

Joining in! Starting to plan a trip for mid to late August. With two kids in college and one in high school, it's really the only reasonable time schedules line up. I know the heat and humidity will be high, but is it really that awful? I figure, hot in Disney beats hot at home any day. Hubby and I will have our 25th anniversary in May 2017, my 50th birthday will be Oct 2017, so what better way to celebrate both than with a trip to WDW in between! Hoping for POR (again) - we spent our honeymoon there and have stayed 3 times since with the kids. It will depend on deals, and hopefully free dining. Otherwise will explore Disney Springs hotels for the first time. So excited!

We're booked! 8/21 - 8/26 POR - still hoping for free dining

Today is our 180 day mark :dogdance: Since we have bounceback free quick service dining, we are only having a couple of sit down dinners. We booked dinner at Trail's End and Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom (Landry card:cutie:). Also booked BOG QS for breakfast and for lunch. Last year we did Trail's End for the first time and it was one of our favourite restaurants - now it's a must do:love:
I would love it if Disney After Hours extended to August. We did EMM last year and loved it. Now I'd like to try the evening special ticket event.

ADR day for us. Got all we wanted (can't book our final choice yet as even with +10 it's not time yet!). We're on free QSDP again so just booked a few breakfast and lunch visits to BOG and then Akershus is our one OOP meal. It's my birthday gift to my Mum and was her top choice so delighted to have that sorted! :)

So far - dates are Aug 25 and 29! I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will have a MNSSHP on those dates. We arrive on the 22nd!

That would be awesome if that's the case!!

FYI - I am going to get the thread caught up soon!! I've been crazy busy and ILL! :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter