• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***Official August 2010 Thread!! Come Join Us In The Countdown!*****

Ok which Florida were you at :confused3 because the one I was at was hot but NOT manageable! It was hot but manageable in 09 but not during my trip Aug 11-19th. Our first several days it rained at least 6 separate times per day. It was insanely hot and humid. It was bad even by central Florida standards. We had NO cool evenings.... I was in a perpetual state of shvitz (sweating: but in Yiddish it has more emphasis)!! I wished I'd had a swimsuit without a skirt on it so I could just wear that under my clothes instead of underpants and bra because they were perpetually soaked. On our last day, the 19th, we went to EPCOT which was supposed to be the busy park of the day, but it was much less crowded than previous days... so maybe people did leave? While we were there ToT never had a short wait.... nothing did at DHS. We even got a Fastpass for Peter Pan :eek:... never in my life did I ever think I'd have to do that! lol A couple of the last days it was supposed to rain, and it sure needed to.. but it did not... which was totally weird. :confused3 We did have a good time, but I don't think I ever want to go back in August unless there is no heat wave. Last summer was fine... this was crazy. We actually passed on almost all outdoor rides. Several of our days there was a dangerous heat warning (red letter day) and heat index was 105-110!! Apparently we left a few days too early, and the normal weather followed.

Aw I'm sorry. We were there from the 17-24 so maybe it did get better. The first few days it was very hot like you said but I also used to live in FL so maybe I am a little more used to it. We were definitely sweating though!

Aw I'm sorry. We were there from the 17-24 so maybe it did get better. The first few days it was very hot like you said but I also used to live in FL so maybe I am a little more used to it. We were definitely sweating though!

On the 19th, it was noticeably less sweltering than the previous week had been, but it was still hot. When we were there in July 09 it was definitely hot and humid, it just wasn't so bad. I've been to Florida in summer dozens of times and that's the worse I ever remember. It actually beat out my record for all time heat waves which were previously held by August 1990 San Antonio Texas and 1991 San Antonio Texas and 1995 West, Texas. Hmmmm there's a trend there. :scared1:

I see they started free dining next year a few days later than this year. I need to contact our school district because I think we are going back earlier next year. No free dining for us. I cannot pull my son out of school for a week. He would be too far behind and he needs to be there. Not sure what next year will bring for us. Wonder if I call Disney and inquire about a stay for next year if we would get a pin code? I've never had one before.

We leave TONIGHT!!!!!

Since I've been posting on this thread, I realized that our trip is actually really a September trip (since we will be there through the 9th), but I hope you don't mind that I joined y'all here :)

We know we are going to MELT in the heat.....but looking forward to our getaway!! :thumbsup2

We leave TONIGHT!!!!!

Since I've been posting on this thread, I realized that our trip is actually really a September trip (since we will be there through the 9th), but I hope you don't mind that I joined y'all here :)

We know we are going to MELT in the heat.....but looking forward to our getaway!! :thumbsup2

Have a fun trip! We're melting in 90 degree PA heat today and all this week. It figures our kids went back to school today and it hit 90!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter