*****Official April 2020 thread*****

So, what do we think? Is April pretty much out too? Luckily I can wait until the day before check-in to cancel, but wondering what would have to be happening in order for them to decide that we were on top of this pandemic.
I have 4 weeks. I'm not hopeful but am still planning on going. Still checking to improve fp and adr. Gives me something to look forward to.

We are from Canada and there are so many travel advisories. If we leave the country we cannot fo back to work for 14 days. I hope there is an improvement in the spread of the virus soon! It's all so sad and crazy

I think my kids' school does not want to shut down until they can be sure they can conduct remote classes with each kid. Meaning each kid must have Internet access. They already provided each kid with a Chromebook. I bet if a kid doesn't have internet access the school district will pay for them to have it for the time that school is shut down.

My deposit was due today! 🤦🏻‍♀️ I paid it I guess just in case but seems unlikely it would be open or an enjoyable experience on April 12th? I wish we could fast forward 2-3 weeks to see what the trajectory is like :(

My deposit was due today! 🤦🏻‍♀️ I paid it I guess just in case but seems unlikely it would be open or an enjoyable experience on April 12th? I wish we could fast forward 2-3 weeks to see what the trajectory is like :(

You mean your balance? Mine is due next week. I need to remember to pay that probably just to get it back in 30 days. Wish this virus would just suddenly die out on its own.

You mean your balance? Mine is due next week. I need to remember to pay that probably just to get it back in 30 days. Wish this virus would just suddenly die out on its own.
Yes, sorry, balance! Just seemed so odd to pay a small fortune for a trip that almost certainly won’t happen. I did book an alternate week later in year (is September late enough?? Will this come roaring back in the fall? Who knows anymore!), so that made me feel a little calmer.

It looks pretty likely that I’ll have to cancel my April trip. The governor of RI canceled school for next week but said it’s our “April” vacation, moved to March. However, during the next week during our “vacation” we have to plan for virtual learning. I know we’ll be out longer than a week but I’m not sure we’ll still be out by our previously scheduled April break. Honestly, I’m getting so freaked out by what’s happening in Italy, I don’t even really want to go anymore. Boston schools are closed until the end of April. Things just got real up in the NE.

We have a couple weeks until our balance is due. Our plan is to pay it since Disney's policy is so lenient about cancelation right now. We're going to pick a possible date to move it too. My youngest turns three next March and it needs to be before then since costs will increase. June might work but is June even safe??

Just read in the main covid-19 thread that Disney is waiving any cancellation or change fees up until the day of check-in through June now.

Any word on hard ticket events in that window? Villains, DAH, etc?

It looks pretty likely that I’ll have to cancel my April trip. The governor of RI canceled school for next week but said it’s our “April” vacation, moved to March. However, during the next week during our “vacation” we have to plan for virtual learning. I know we’ll be out longer than a week but I’m not sure we’ll still be out by our previously scheduled April break. Honestly, I’m getting so freaked out by what’s happening in Italy, I don’t even really want to go anymore. Boston schools are closed until the end of April. Things just got real up in the NE.

This arrangement is what they just announced in Charlotte, NC. I went ahead and cancelled, since it seems like either school will be in session during our original Spring Break now or WDW will still be closed. I know not everyone is in this boat, but I’m happy right now they aren’t issuing direct refunds for tickets so my daughter and I will have to drag my husband another time (his silver lining is not having to go, boooo).

Is it rack rates in August? I just plugged in my April package into a week in August and the same resorts were insanely priced. Basically an extra $1,000 for the same thing I would be giving up in April. :(

Is it rack rates in August? I just plugged in my April package into a week in August and the same resorts were insanely priced. Basically an extra $1,000 for the same thing I would be giving up in April. :(
That’s no fun! If we have to cancel, we probably won’t be looking at re-booking until Feb 2021; hopefully prices won’t be awful then too.

That’s no fun! If we have to cancel, we probably won’t be looking at re-booking until Feb 2021; hopefully prices won’t be awful then too.

our passes expire June 5, even if the parks are closed for (gasp) 6 weeks, say, and we get extended until mid July, because of school and my work, that wouldn’t help. We would be likely looking at February as well, but then we are paying about $2k for tickets, since no longer passholders. What a mess right now...

Well we are cancelling April. Thanks for chatting along the way about the Disney trip planning.

Spouse is military, so have to follow DoD travel restrictions through May 11. Need to cancel our MK DAH, contact SW, contact SoG, etc. etc. etc this weekend.

Enjoy your trips to those still going!

our passes expire June 5, even if the parks are closed for (gasp) 6 weeks, say, and we get extended until mid July, because of school and my work, that wouldn’t help. We would be likely looking at February as well, but then we are paying about $2k for tickets, since no longer passholders. What a mess right now...

We're in a similar situation with the APs (ours expire May 12 as of now), but I do think we could still go this summer. Although, we did September once and that was 😓☀, so I would really dislike the weather aspect.

I just noticed that historically they have released discounts for August by April 24. So maybe there will be discounts, unless all of us March and April folks rebook to the Summer and they feel they don't need to discount anything.

Any word on hard ticket events in that window? Villains, DAH, etc?

I just changed our tickets to AKAH and MKAH yesterday. He told me I could straight up exchange them for a different date or get a refund. I chose the later. I purchased the AKAH directly from Disney so that was an easy straight up refund. The others I purchased from UT so he put the credit on a Disney GC which I was perfectly fine with. Hope that helps. (Btw, he was very accommodating. Honestly every cast member I have spoke to over the last two weeks has been unbelievably kind and helpful. Just want to say that. Very positive).

I didn't get any luck talking to WDW about our MK DAH ticket for Apr 5. They said currently Dis is refunding through March 31, but DH can't travel through May 11. I want to get a refund, and hopefully they'll extend their grant of refund due to circumstances. Will call back later after the March calls can filter out a bit. On Twitter hold with SW for over an hour still counting on hold :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter