*****Official April 2020 thread*****

Well, waiting to see if this is phase 1 or is WDW staying open, how to close DL before the mega beast of closing WDW.

We just canceled our trip so you can take us off the list. We moved it to July in hopes things are better by then. Just didn’t feel right to go for us right now.

I’m so torn on what to do about our trip. I’m honestly kind of hoping for a closure so the decision is made for me. I hate the uncertainty of everything right now. I’m a teacher and there’s tons of uncertainty there too. I hate being in limbo.

I'm not giving up on this trip, but I just booked a room only reservation from July 1st until July 12th, just in case!

based on what i know now I will go if the parks are open 4/10-4/19. I have very little concern about the virus right now. That may change if facts change but for now i'll be driving down and enjoying the low crowds.

was just able to move my FOP fastpass on 4/16 ahead 2 hours. Stuff is opening up. I'm going to keep being optimistic or I will go into a deep depression / rage :(

Just gave my TA the go ahead to move our trip to October. Disappointed but a relief too.

Just wanted to say I have read your posts about your trip for your retirement celebration and I congratulate you and know that you will eventually have a great time and fantastic memories. :)

Good thing we’re in the April 2020 thread; the March 2020 one must be a sad place tonight.
I'm kind of in a land of uncertainty right now, our trip is half in March and half in April! If they open up the parks again on April 1st, we could still go down and get half of our vacation. But are the hotels staying open? If not, we'd still need a place to stay for 4 nights.

I'm kind of in a land of uncertainty right now, our trip is half in March and half in April! If they open up the parks again on April 1st, we could still go down and get half of our vacation. But are the hotels staying open? If not, we'd still need a place to stay for 4 nights.
It says right now that Disney springs and hotels are staying open so maybe it will be ok for your trip?

We got APs for the first time this year and took our first trip in January. Supposed to go next week just for a day stop on the way in and out while visiting family for the weekend, so now that’s out. :(

Our April trip is to celebrate a big anniversary for us though, so I really hope our plans can happen. I’m glad to have this space to commiserate because I don’t feel I can talk it out with people irl as everyone hoards tp and Purell. We’ve been planning this year of travel for a loooooong time.

I'm guessing they will assess by the end of March? But if the number of new coronavirus cases has not slowed down, I think it will continue. We are supposed to be there April 19. I would like to think it could still happen, but realistically, I think we will be cancelling.

<rant on> 18 month times to come up with a vaccine is preposterous. We will never be able to prevent outbreaks like this if it always takes that long. <rant off>

It says right now that Disney springs and hotels are staying open so maybe it will be ok for your trip?
If that's the case, I think we'll still go and hope that the parks do open up on April 1st. Maybe we'll rent a car and drive the Keys! Lake Apopka is also a great way to spend some time.

Lol, not that I didn't expect them to be busy, but both the lines for the resort reservation and the annual passholder line give the message "the customer you are calling is unavailable, please try your call later". I pretty much figured I wouldn't be getting through tonight, but that goes beyond what I expected!

The phone lines must be crazy. I really would like to know one thing right now, but I'm not calling yet because it's about April, I'll let all the March issues filter out and wait and see on April. The what-if on MK DAH tickets, will they change the policy on refunds in light of events even if it's not when the parks are closed (at least not as of this current date April as we know it will be open at WDW), in case we do decide to cancel.

We are an early April trip. The Clash song lyrics stuck in my mind with this - should I stay or should I go?!
But anyway, if we do cancel our early April trip, I mentioned earlier we'll default to August.

Still glad we decided on the cruise before all the press conference and announcements.

The phone lines must be crazy. I really would like to know one thing right now, but I'm not calling yet because it's about April, I'll let all the March issues filter out and wait and see on April. The what-if on MK DAH tickets, will they change the policy on refunds in light of events even if it's not when the parks are closed (at least not as of this current date April as we know it will be open at WDW), in case we do decide to cancel.

We are an early April trip. The Clash song lyrics stuck in my mind with this - should I stay or should I go?!
But anyway, if we do cancel our early April trip, I mentioned earlier we'll default to August.

Still glad we decided on the cruise before all the press conference and announcements.

I called about this a few days ago because I have two AH tickets. They told me they are usually not refundable but because of the virus they will honor the price paid and apply it towards another ticket and that the price paid will not expire.

I called about this a few days ago because I have two AH tickets. They told me they are usually not refundable but because of the virus they will honor the price paid and apply it towards another ticket and that the price paid will not expire.
Hmm that's interesting, did they mean another DAH ticket or any type ticket?

Hmm that's interesting, did they mean another DAH ticket or any type ticket?

He made it sound like it could be applied to any ticket. Now, its was one cast member, so when I call again to actually do it, it may be different but he was very kind and accommodating. I have 12 DAH tickets and he knew that. Honestly, I give Disney kudos because all the cast members have been understanding. DVC was as well today when I changed our reservation and we were less then 30 days out. The CM today said they were giving more leeway then usual for people. My mom called today about her regular tickets and they told her the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter