OFFICIAL April 2012 DISers! 2 months and counting!

DaveinFallsChurch and ?? someone else?? ~ I don't know how to add my ticker...but just thought it was funny and had to share that it is exactly 4 months, 1 week and 1 day until our trip as well ~ at the Poly!

We just decided that we will be going to Disney April 6th-11th:banana:, we are going to celebrate DS 1st communion, it is most likely going to be just me, DS & DD but DH just informed me that he might be able to go!! I have not decided where we are staying but I plan to book by the end of the week:cool1:!!

Booked our trip we are staying offsite at Maingate Lakeside Resort. Changed our dates a little too we are staying from April 7th-13th. Cant wait!!

DaveinFallsChurch and ?? someone else?? ~ I don't know how to add my ticker...but just thought it was funny and had to share that it is exactly 4 months, 1 week and 1 day until our trip as well ~ at the Poly!

That is too funny! (204charity was the other DIS member who had the exact same date/location on the ticker). Maybe we should start our own thread for people staying at the Poly arriving on the exact same date and see how many more people we can find on the DISboards :lmao:

Do you ever have one of those moments when a switch goes off in your head as you stare at your ADRs/Park Schedules realizing you may have made a mistake, followed by a wave of anxiety :eek: that leads to a massive overhaul of the ADRs? I just had one of those moments. And I have five ADR cancellation and five new ADR confirmation emails to prove it!:laughing: Oh, and I also had to call to change our Illumination Cruise date too. Yikes. Why I didn't pay better attention to the crowd calendars/park hours before is beyond me.

Well we have finally narrowed down exactly when we are going, but haven;t officially booked anything because my bf can't request time off for 2012 until the new year. We know him getting the time off will 99.999% NOT be an issue, but I don't want to book anything until we have the approval.

Our story: I'm 28 years old (I will be turning 29 for the first time during our trip), and my bf is 34. This is his first time at DisneyWorld, it will be my 4th. I LOVE roller coasters/thrill rides and luckily, my bf thinks he can handle it too! I also love just people watching, seeing the shows, fireworks,characters ...just soaking up the Disney vibe! My bf loves movies, science fiction, technology and animals, so I think he will love all theme parks!

Anyway, we were first thinking of 6 nights in Orlando, including 2 days at US and IOA, and one day at MK, followed by a 7 night Carnival Caribbean cruise. We would leave home on April 15 and return on April 28.

Anyway, we have decided to forget the cruise and do 10 days in Orlando instead from April 16-26. And, thanks to the major sale the Disney hotels are having, we can stay onsite at the Disney Resort!! Staying onsite has been a dream of mine since I was a kid, but never seemed financially feasible. We are now getting 7 day Disney passes and 2 day,2 park passes for US/IOA.

Our general plan is as follows:

Day 1, April 16: Arrive at MCO at 11:35 am, catch Disney's Magical Express to Pop Century, then rest of the day is unplanned. I'm tempted to do MK that day...Suggestions?

Day 2, April 17: DHS

Day 3, April 18: EPCOT/Relaxing or shopping

Day 4, April 19: Relax and shop

Day 5, April 20: IOA until lunch, US afterwards

Day 6, April 21: My birthday! I have requested to spend that at MK :)

Day 7, April 22: Relaxing/AK

Day 8, April 23: EPCOT

Day 9, April 24: US until lunch, IOA afterwards

Day 10, April 25: MK

Day 11, April 26: Disney's Magical Express to MCO, departing at 1:45 pm, home at 11:00 pm

REALLY hoping to stay at Pop Century, provided the sale rooms are still available when we book.

I have a question: I know that without Hopper, you can;t do two parks in one day, but say if I had two ticket days left on a 7 day ticket, but only one day left in Orlando, could I go to two different parks to use up my "days"?
Or should I just get a 5 day Park hopper pass? Cause I'm thinking I need 2 days at MK, a day and a half at Epcot, a day at DHS, and a half day at AK.

*HAPPY DANCE*

Well we have finally narrowed down exactly when we are going, but haven;t officially booked anything because my bf can't request time off for 2012 until the new year. We know him getting the time off will 99.999% NOT be an issue, but I don't want to book anything until we have the approval.
I have a question: I know that without Hopper, you can;t do two parks in one day, but say if I had two ticket days left on a 7 day ticket, but only one day left in Orlando, could I go to two different parks to use up my "days"?
Or should I just get a 5 day Park hopper pass? Cause I'm thinking I need 2 days at MK, a day and a half at Epcot, a day at DHS, and a half day at AK.

*HAPPY DANCE*

There's nothing like visiting WDW for the first time - I envy your BF. Anyway, to answer your question, no, you won't be able to use up "two tickets days" of admission in a single day (I think I'm understanding your question correctly). The only way is to add hoppers to your ticket.

Also, you can book your Magic Your Way package using the discount now with a $200 deposit which is completely refundable if you cancel at least 45 days in advance of your first day of your WDW stay. Full amount is not due until days 45 prior either. So, if you can manage the deposit, I would consider booking your stay now to make sure you secure yourself a spot.

Our story: I'm 28 years old (I will be turning 29 for the first time during our trip), and my bf is 34. This is his first time at DisneyWorld, it will be my 4th. I LOVE roller coasters/thrill rides and luckily, my bf thinks he can handle it too! I also love just people watching, seeing the shows, fireworks,characters ...just soaking up the Disney vibe! My bf loves movies, science fiction, technology and animals, so I think he will love all theme parks!

Anyway, we were first thinking of 6 nights in Orlando, including 2 days at US and IOA, and one day at MK, followed by a 7 night Carnival Caribbean cruise. We would leave home on April 15 and return on April 28.

Anyway, we have decided to forget the cruise and do 10 days in Orlando instead from April 16-26. And, thanks to the major sale the Disney hotels are having, we can stay onsite at the Disney Resort!! Staying onsite has been a dream of mine since I was a kid, but never seemed financially feasible. We are now getting 7 day Disney passes and 2 day,2 park passes for US/IOA.

Our general plan is as follows:

Day 1, April 16: Arrive at MCO at 11:35 am, catch Disney's Magical Express to Pop Century, then rest of the day is unplanned. I'm tempted to do MK that day...Suggestions?

Day 2, April 17: DHS

Day 3, April 18: EPCOT/Relaxing or shopping

Day 4, April 19: Relax and shop

Day 5, April 20: IOA until lunch, US afterwards

Day 6, April 21: My birthday! I have requested to spend that at MK :)

Day 7, April 22: Relaxing/AK

Day 8, April 23: EPCOT

Day 9, April 24: US until lunch, IOA afterwards

Day 10, April 25: MK

Day 11, April 26: Disney's Magical Express to MCO, departing at 1:45 pm, home at 11:00 pm

REALLY hoping to stay at Pop Century, provided the sale rooms are still available when we book.

*HAPPY DANCE*

It's funny that you asked this question because I just asked the exact question like 10 minutes ago. Told that you can't park hop without the park hop that when you check in to one park for the day if you try to check in to another later on you will be directed to buy park hopper tickets.

Oh and we will be in Disney as well from April 22-27th. Just me (28) and my wonderful DH (25). Leaving the newborn and toddler at home this time. (The newborn was in the womb when we visited last May). So excited! Staying at the boardwalk villas :).

It's me!!! :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :thumbsup2:cool1::thumbsup2

We should definately start a thread Daveinfallschurch! :rotfl:Sounds like the Poly's a popular choice that week!!!! :banana:

I've got kind of a loose schedule planned for our week at the World too! We are on an 8 day park-hopper with water park passes. We are on the QS Dining Plan and we are staying at the Poly. We are NOT thrill ride lovers, our DD hates bugs, spinning and loud noises so we are not doing a BUNCH of the main attractions at each of the parks so we are hoping that will cut down on alot of our running around/waiting in lines/racing for FP's. We DO want to find time to do BOTH water parks as DD loves waterslides, and we all love to shop so we are hoping we will have time to go to DTD for some bumming around. With that being said, this is our rough plan - if anyone has an idea on when we should try to do the water parks and DTD let me know! THANKS!

Sat Apr 14 (arrive at around noon to our hotel) ????

Sun 15 - DHS (maybe do some EEMH at MK if we have the energy)

Mon 16 - Half day at Epcot - just Future World

Tues 17 - AK (half day/full day? Not sure how long we will want/need here)

Wed 18 - MK

Thurs 19 - Half day at Epcot World Showcase

Fri 20 - MK (maybe hit up Epcot EEMH if we missed out on anything we really wanted to see or go back to again. Soarin'? Test Track? World Showcase?)

Sat 21 - GO HOME!!!! NO!!!! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!!!!! :(

We DO want to find time to do BOTH water parks as DD loves waterslides, and we all love to shop so we are hoping we will have time to go to DTD for some bumming around. With that being said, this is our rough plan - if anyone has an idea on when we should try to do the water parks and DTD let me know! THANKS!

We haven't tried the waterparks so I don't know how much time you'll need at each waterpark. Since Epcot WS doesn't open until 11am, perhaps going to a waterpark on the morning of your WS day then touring WS in the afternoon/evening? I would also suggest using the other epcot half day for the waterparks, but with our children, we could easily spend a full day just in FW so I guess it depends on your interests. Speaking of touring plans, here's what I have lined up so far - actually looks very similar to yours!

Sat April 14th - Arrive MCO 9:00am / Seaworld
Sun April 15th - DHS (Planning on visiting MK PM EMH after kids go to bed; DW and FIL will stay w/ kids)
Mon April 16th - Epcot
Tues April 17th - MK
Wed April 18th - "Polyday"
Thurs April 19th - AK
Fri April 20th - MK
Sat April 21st - AK / fly out of MCO at 7:00pm

We haven't tried the waterparks so I don't know how much time you'll need at each waterpark. Since Epcot WS doesn't open until 11am, perhaps going to a waterpark on the morning of your WS day then touring WS in the afternoon/evening? I would also suggest using the other epcot half day for the waterparks, but with our children, we could easily spend a full day just in FW so I guess it depends on your interests. Speaking of touring plans, here's what I have lined up so far - actually looks very similar to yours!

Sat April 14th - Arrive MCO 9:00am / Seaworld
Sun April 15th - DHS (Planning on visiting MK PM EMH after kids go to bed; DW and FIL will stay w/ kids)
Mon April 16th - Epcot
Tues April 17th - MK
Wed April 18th - "Polyday"
Thurs April 19th - AK
Fri April 20th - MK
Sat April 21st - AK / fly out of MCO at 7:00pm

We are thinking 3 hours per waterpark maximum. Enough time to do each slide once and then if we feel like we should head on and see the parks or do some shopping we can do so without feeling we have missed out on anything. We ARE actually considering maybe hitting up Typhoon Lagoon on the 14th after we check into our room if time allows it - it's the only night our whole trip when the water parks are open until 6 pm so I think we may do that and then go back to the resort and start off our trip with "Wishes" on the Poly beach......:love:

As for your comments on FW - there are really only 3 attractions we want to see at FW, (Nemo, Soarin' & Test Track) so that day will probably start off with Epcot and then head over to Blizzard Beach in the afternoon after we get our rides in and it gets too hot!!! That was a great suggestion to split Epcot days with water parks. Looking at some other's "rough schedules" I feel a bit bad becuase we don't actually have any downtime worked into the week to just chill at the hotel. Sorry Poly - we DO love you. :hug:

Now, as for our WS day - we are SOOO excited to return there, and were thinking that would be our one "sleep-in morning", we plan on heading to the GF for a QS Breakfast and some shopping/looking around, and then going to Epcot for the afternoon/evening. If I can get Typhoon Lagoon in on the 14th, it would be perfect because then I wouldn't feel obligated to go on our AK day (which I was kind of considering) Like I said, we are not huge thrill ride people, but I DO think we could spend all day exploring the sights of AK in the jungles. Then if we want, we can maybe hit up DTD the evening of AK!!!!

WHOOOO!!!! I'm getting a plan. YES! :thumbsup2

I just had to share this with all of you! My DD and I got our own "pixie dust" today! My cousin just returned from a 7 night stay at AKL and she brought us all of these goodies! Some adorable Minnie Mouse earrings for DD (so cute, the front AND backs of Minnie are on the earrings if you look close you may be able to see) some bracelets, and YUMMY rice-krispie Mickey Mouse's to munch on. She also brought us some of the extra toiletries from their hotel room :lmao: Note the $1 bill - that was all the change she came home with and she took $700 USD with her!!! And she didn't have to pay for any food!!! :eek: She gave it to DD for her Disney-Savings jar.

disneygoodies.jpg

Anyways, I know this doesn't have much to do with April or anything, but I thought I'd share since it got me so darn excited for our trip. :banana:

Love all the stuff!!
We are planning on going to a water park on the 14th after we check in, or we might just hang out at the pool (it will be somewhat early, 10ish). I know MK is the park to avoid on the 15th...but we are planning on going. Are we nuts?! I just can't see MK not being the first park we go to (well, besides a water park). Also, we have only gone in January in the past, and I think we will enjoy being at the MK during the later hours, even if it is just this one time! Then we are planning on DHS the 16th...again, the park least recommended. However, my girls are young and love the playhouse disney dance party and it is only available during EMH. Are we crazy for doing this? We will have a plan, get there early and take a break during the day so we can actually enjoy the later hours (we are on CST, so if we stayed until 10 or 11, that would only be like 9 or 10 for us).

I'm not sure I'd call you crazy! Everyone has to do what works for their family, right? Our 9yodd can't wait for the water parks, and I personally don't feel like starting my vacation waiting in lines at MK, so the water park it is! Your little girls may be different than mine, so you really should just follow your gut IMO! :)

Please add me to the list. We will be going April6-13th and staying at POR. It will be myself, DS and DD(both 13) and my DF. Hopefully we will get a refurbished room since no one is sleeping in the same bed as my father.

I just had to share this with all of you! My DD and I got our own "pixie dust" today! My cousin just returned from a 7 night stay at AKL and she brought us all of these goodies! Some adorable Minnie Mouse earrings for DD (so cute, the front AND backs of Minnie are on the earrings if you look close you may be able to see) some bracelets, and YUMMY rice-krispie Mickey Mouse's to munch on. She also brought us some of the extra toiletries from their hotel room :lmao:

Seeing the toiletries makes me "homesick" for Disney - ahhh, blue shampoo! :laughing:

Love all the stuff!!
We are planning on going to a water park on the 14th after we check in, or we might just hang out at the pool (it will be somewhat early, 10ish). I know MK is the park to avoid on the 15th...but we are planning on going. Are we nuts?! I just can't see MK not being the first park we go to (well, besides a water park). Also, we have only gone in January in the past, and I think we will enjoy being at the MK during the later hours, even if it is just this one time! Then we are planning on DHS the 16th...again, the park least recommended. However, my girls are young and love the playhouse disney dance party and it is only available during EMH. Are we crazy for doing this? We will have a plan, get there early and take a break during the day so we can actually enjoy the later hours (we are on CST, so if we stayed until 10 or 11, that would only be like 9 or 10 for us).

Not crazy at all - like you said, with a good touringplan starting at rope drops and mid-day breaks, you can do pretty much everything. :thumbsup2

Anxiously awaiting the tick of the clock so I can make our ADR's. >> Nudging the calendar a bit

Anxiously awaiting the tick of the clock so I can make our ADR's. >> Nudging the calendar a bit

Sureshsk - If you're going in April 2012 (as this is the April 2012 thread!) you're able to make your ADR's now. We're definitly within the 180day window.

Add me to the list...we're going from 4/14 to 4/21, staying at BLT. Have a few ADR's already...need to finish it off....soon!

Disney here we come! So DH and I are taking our adults only trip April 22th-April 27th at the bwv. We took our DS for his second birthday this past May (DD was with us still cooking in the womb at the time). We had a blast and have been talking about how great it would be if we could go once by ourselves. We already have plans to come back to the world in October 2013 to celebrate DD's 2nd birthday. Will miss the little ones but so excited for some time alone with DH in the most magical place on earth!:cool1:
Schedule-
Sunday April 22th- Arrive to hotel around 1pm, MK to see wishes (may book the wishes desert party for that evening.)
Monday April 23rd- Spend day at hollywood studios. Dinner at Mama Melrosas, loved this place! Go to fantasmic.
Tuesday April 24th- Spend the day on the boardwalk and go to downtown disney in the evening. Planning on going to the AMC dining theatre.
Wednesday April 25th- Epcot day (our favorite park). Dinner at Shula's steakhouse at 6:00pm. Stop in Italy and buy a venetian mask to add to my collection! Jellyrolls after leaving Shula's.
Thursday April 26th- Do whatever, dinner at California Grill at 7:50pm
Friday April 27th- Head home
No plans to go to AK. We didn't care much for this park but will take the kids when we go back in 2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter