OFFICIAL April 2012 DISers! 2 months and counting!

We're going through Make a Wish leaving on April 4th. We are staying at Give Kids the World for the first 6 days and then are going over to All Star Movies until the 15th !

Hi everyone! We just booked for April 28th thru May 6th. I am so excited!! :goodvibesThis trip was kinda a last minute decision, so we are trying to go as inexpensive as possible. We are going to stay at All Star Sports. I do hope I like it. We stayed at POP last time and loved it I guess it really doesnt matter as long as I am with the Mouse :love: It is myself, DH, DD Gabi (12)and DD (5) Sophia.

getting so excited about our trip ~ but it just kind of hit me today that my oldest DD won't be able to do a coaster ride at MK...BTMRR is her favorite! Bummed that it will still be down. And she isn't tall enough for Space Mountain yet. Any idea when Goofy's Barnstormer will be up and running again?

getting so excited about our trip ~ but it just kind of hit me today that my oldest DD won't be able to do a coaster ride at MK...BTMRR is her favorite! Bummed that it will still be down. And she isn't tall enough for Space Mountain yet. Any idea when Goofy's Barnstormer will be up and running again?

Disney has been saying "Early 2012" for the first wave of openings of the new Fantasyland which includes Dumbo and The Great Goofini (formerly Goofy's Barnstormer). So there's a very good chance it may be open by April (which is what I'm hoping for too).

I've been watching my countdown inching towards double digits! :banana:

We're going first week of Jan and was really hoping the Great Goofini would be up and running. We went 2 years ago when my son was 2 1/2 and he remembers going on the Barnstormer!! When he found out we were going again that was the first thing he said he wanted to do :( Wish it'd be open by next week :(
Oh well, guess that means another trip will be in order ;)

Disney has been saying "Early 2012" for the first wave of openings of the new Fantasyland which includes Dumbo and The Great Goofini (formerly Goofy's Barnstormer). So there's a very good chance it may be open by April (which is what I'm hoping for too).

We too are hoping the Great Goofini wil be operating when we go since BTMRR is closed. Our 9 yo can be a bit nervous on big thrill rides. I can't believe we can almost say "we are going to Disney World THIS year!!!!"

I hope so too ! :banana:

Tomorrow is our 100 day mark! Almost time for double digit dancing! :banana:

My dad and I don't really have any set plans yet but we're thinking about doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Also have to see if we can get one or two ADRs.

I can't wait for this trip. I am so excited to finally stay at the Boardwalk! :cloud9:

I'm starting to get both anxious and excited for our April trip! I think I've made all the ADRs I can without driving DBF crazy. Although I still want to make CRT, but I didn't really want to pay fr it this early. Lol. And honestly, I still can't decide which meal to have there. It's just the two of us (no kids for us, other than the 4-legged kind!), but I'm in love with that castle and think it would be so amazing to be inside it! Anyone have any thoughts on which meal might be best for us? TIA

Oh, and Happy New Year everyone. party:

I'm starting to get both anxious and excited for our April trip! I think I've made all the ADRs I can without driving DBF crazy. Although I still want to make CRT, but I didn't really want to pay fr it this early. Lol. And honestly, I still can't decide which meal to have there. It's just the two of us (no kids for us, other than the 4-legged kind!), but I'm in love with that castle and think it would be so amazing to be inside it! Anyone have any thoughts on which meal might be best for us? TIA

Oh, and Happy New Year everyone. party:

Happy New Year! I think you'll enjoy CRT since you're mostly looking forward to the experience of eating inside the Castle. The food itself was nothing special for us when we had dinner there during our last trip. But our DD5 loved being inside Cinderella's Castle and she made a specific request to try CRT again, so this time we have an ADR at 8:05am for breakfast before the park opens.

Val & I will be at OKW April 4-8. We're observing our 15th anniversary by doing dinner at V&A's on the 5th.

Val & I will be at OKW April 4-8. We're observing our 15th anniversary by doing dinner at V&A's on the 5th.

Sounds like a great way to celebrate your anniversary. We ate at V&A on our anniversary trip 3 yrs. ago. Although it was an awesome experience, we probably won't do it again. It's the kinda place you just need to try. For me once was enough. Not sure my DH would agree with me though. :)

Sounds like a great way to celebrate your anniversary. We ate at V&A on our anniversary trip 3 yrs. ago. Although it was an awesome experience, we probably won't do it again. It's the kinda place you just need to try. For me once was enough. Not sure my DH would agree with me though. :)

We did V&A's several years ago (perhaps 6-7) and enjoyed it. As you say, it was an awesome experience. We just couldn't see doing it on a regular basis, but since this is a special occasion, we decided to splurge again.

My mom wants to do something special for the group our first night in Disney. We aren't going to the parks that first day - we're just going to bum around the pool and stuff. Our group is mostly adults - just one kid, and she'll be almost 4. I've thought of Hoop-Dee-Doo, and Mickey's Backyard BBQ... what do you guys think about those, and/or do you have any other ideas? I'd kinda like to blow my niece's socks off, and I'm not sure she'll "get" Hoop-Dee-Doo, and it doesn't have characters, right?

It doesn't have to be food, but we were thinking that a dinner like that would be a good idea. Other ideas are welcome! :)

My mom wants to do something special for the group our first night in Disney. We aren't going to the parks that first day - we're just going to bum around the pool and stuff. Our group is mostly adults - just one kid, and she'll be almost 4. I've thought of Hoop-Dee-Doo, and Mickey's Backyard BBQ... what do you guys think about those, and/or do you have any other ideas? I'd kinda like to blow my niece's socks off, and I'm not sure she'll "get" Hoop-Dee-Doo, and it doesn't have characters, right?

It doesn't have to be food, but we were thinking that a dinner like that would be a good idea. Other ideas are welcome! :)

You're right that Hoop-Dee-Doo does not have any Disney Cartoon Characters. We thought about Mickey's Backyard BBQ, but decided it wouldn't work out for our DD5 as she tends to get shy in large group settings and probably won't join the other kids dancing with the characters. I would say if your niece likes to dance and is not the shy-type, she would have a great time at the BBQ.

Depending on the budget, you could consider one of the fireworks specialty cruises. The Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruises is the MK Wishes option - Captain Hook and Mr. Smee greet guests where they serve beverages/snacks prior to the cruise. Then you get to watch Wishes from the Lake, and when you return to dock, you are greeted by Peter Pan. $54 per adult and $31 per child (ages 3-9). The Illuminations Cruise is the Epcot version which is probably more adult-oriented - no characters involved. But you're renting the entire pontoon boat to yourself (can't remember if it's 10 or 12 people max per boat). It'll be more pricier. We're trying this one for the first time this April and the price tag was $346.

Oh, my niece is NOT shy... :)

I was looking at Wishes for our group as a treat, one of the last nights. I'm not sure how into Peter Pan she is, so the BBQ might be our best option.

Does anyone know about the cancellation policies for that? Also, it says that inclement weather can cancel it. If it does, do you get your money back?

Also - noticed that it says the characters don't come to the tables. I'm wondering if it would be more fun for her (and cheaper all around) to just go to one of the character meals, like at Chef Mickey's. We won't be in a park that day, so won't be able to get in any place like that.

The other option is the Spirit of Aloha luau dinner show at the Polynesian Resort. My daughter really likes Lilo & Stitch and although no characters appear in the show they have the Polynesian dancing and fire juggling like they do in the movie that's she's looking forward to seeing.

Yeah - I thought about that one too, but she's not that big a fan of Lilo and Stitch. She'll be almost four when we go, and looooves the princesses, and we have rezzies at Akershus already. I think Chef Mickey's might be a good option, because the Fab Five are always a safe bet, and a great way to kick off a Disney vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter