OFFICIAL April 2012 DISers! 2 months and counting!

we usually only need shorts and T shirts and I like to wear Capris and t shirts. Maybe a light hoodie for the kids , a few mornings they needed them. They wore them on the plane so we had them with us anyway, but barely needed them!! It was beautiful the last 2 Aprils that we were there :flower3:

Could anyone tell me what kind of clothes we should pack for April? T-shirts and jeans or will I be able to do shorts and tank tops?

We were there in 2009 during the first week of April, and there were 2-3 days that a cold front passed through and it was very chilly - I was glad to have a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. The rest of the week it was shorts and T-shirts.

OK thank you. There are 7 of us to pack for and I was getting overwhelmed already thinking about it. Luckily our townhouse has a washer and dryer.

OK thank you. There are 7 of us to pack for and I was getting overwhelmed already thinking about it. Luckily our townhouse has a washer and dryer.

I know what you mean - I always over pack - my daughter was freezing that week, we ended up having to buy a sweatshirt that cost around $40.00 - so it is better to be a little prepared, depending on when you are going in April. If you are going toward the end of the month you are probably fine.

We're. Going April 19-30. We'll be staying off site at Mariott Grand Vista for the first 7 nights and then head over to Bonnet Creek for the last 3 nights.

As far as packing I'm thinking shorts are all that's needed. We were there first week of May in 2009 and it was HOT! I'm hoping it's a little cooler this year but I'm sure it will still be warm enough for shorts every day.

Look at all the activity on our thread for the new year! Yay! I'm staying at AKL Jambo (DVC), but not going until the last week of April (22-28). This is only our second trip ever to WDW (we just went in Oct!!), but I'm just as excited as the first time.

Denamac we are staying in a studio too!!! cool :goodvibes We are in western ma...Ludlow. My sister lived in East Prov for years and now is in Rehoboth, but teaches in Barrington so I know all about the Providence area:lmao: BDL is an easy airport to get in and out of, you'll like it! The Sheraton that is attached to it is nice too, if you can get a good deal on a night there it includes parking in their garage. Easy to walk right to the terminal from, just another idea depending on when your flight is ;)

Thanks for the info :thumbsup2
I'm a little nervous about flying out of a diffeerent airport, since I've only used PVD.

just curious of any of you who are staying at the Poly are requesting certain longhouses? I requested Tokelau...seems somewhat central and I like that we'll definitely have either a balcony or patio (a must for us)! I was tempted to request Somoa, but I think in the end it will be best that our girls can't see the volcano pool from our room, lol!

We stayed at the Poly in August and requested Tokelau. We had a second floor balcony it was beautiful. If you get lucky and stay on the end closest to the beach on the GF side you also have a castle view! :thumbsup2
We were on the end but the opposite side. We could see the ferry going by and SM through the trees.
Loved it there!!

Joining in - finally booked our spring break vacation - we will be staying at AS Music form March 31 - April 6th. At this point we are driving, but if I can find miracle airfare cheap, we might be fly. Looking forward to some sunshine!

I'm also hoping to score some better airfare prices for my April trip. Airfare prices are ridiculous and have been for a couple of months now. Boo! :sad1:

If I missed you or screwed something up, let me know - I probably couldn't read my own handwriting.

DD17 (birthday last week!) just realized the other day that it will be warm enough to swim during our trip. She was like "It never even occurred to me you could swim in April!" Ah, my Michigan girl.

Looking into rental cars for the drive. Does anyone know if a Town and Country minivan we're likely to rent would have charging plugs in the back for laptops/iphones/etc? We're a small car family so I have no idea what's available in bigger vehicles anymore, but the kids want to be able to keep their toys charged during the trip. ;)

Thanks for keeping this up-to-date. Unfortunately, we move faster than you can keep up with. :rolleyes1

Instead of Old Key West, we will be at the Dolphin. Had to re-arrange some travel plans so that I had points to use at the Grand Californian in August.

If I missed you or screwed something up, let me know - I probably couldn't read my own handwriting.

DD17 (birthday last week!) just realized the other day that it will be warm enough to swim during our trip. She was like "It never even occurred to me you could swim in April!" Ah, my Michigan girl.

Looking into rental cars for the drive. Does anyone know if a Town and Country minivan we're likely to rent would have charging plugs in the back for laptops/iphones/etc? We're a small car family so I have no idea what's available in bigger vehicles anymore, but the kids want to be able to keep their toys charged during the trip. ;)

I have a Town and Country and there is a plug in the back. I'm not sure if it's a standard feature or not, though.

Thanks for keeping this up-to-date. Unfortunately, we move faster than you can keep up with. :rolleyes1

Instead of Old Key West, we will be at the Dolphin. Had to re-arrange some travel plans so that I had points to use at the Grand Californian in August.

Fixed!

You can update my dates & resort!! Just booked Beach Club for 4/19-4/22 prior to our stay at Vistana Villages 4/22-4/29!! :cool1:

We just had to change our reservation to the Sheraton Vistana. Has anyone stayed there?

Are you staying at Sheraton Vistana Resort or Villages? There is a difference between the two. We are staying at SVR this April based on my SIL's recommendation. They were there a year ago and said it is amazing! The whole resort has been refurbished within the last couple years. There is a thread about it on these boards under Orlando Hotels and Attractions. Once you are there, you will find the thread in the Hotel Recommendations and Reviews link.

I crunched some numbers and decided to upgrade from POR to AKL. I had a riverview room booked at POR with a pin code that I had received. The more that I thought about it, I felt like I should be making the most of that pin code (especially since we are only able to use it for two nights). So, today I called and changed our ressie to AKL pool view! We have never stayed deluxe before so this will be a treat! DD8 & DS5 are going to be so excited. I think I am going to wait and surprise them, though. I haven't even told DH, yet and the more that I think about it, I wonder if I should just surprise him, as well. We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and he always says I am lousy about keeping surprises a secret... :rotfl:
Maybe I will just have to wait until we hop off the highway and head toward the resort to fill him in on the secret.:woohoo: I am so excited about this!

We will be arriving at AKL on a Friday afternoon, going to MK on Saturday, and then staying at AKL for the day on Sunday before heading over to Sheraton Vistana for the week. Any AKL experts have some pointers for what my family should see/do on Friday evining/night and Sunday?

TIA!

I crunched some numbers and decided to upgrade from POR to AKL. I had a riverview room booked at POR with a pin code that I had received. The more that I thought about it, I felt like I should be making the most of that pin code (especially since we are only able to use it for two nights). So, today I called and changed our ressie to AKL pool view! We have never stayed deluxe before so this will be a treat! DD8 & DS5 are going to be so excited. I think I am going to wait and surprise them, though. I haven't even told DH, yet and the more that I think about it, I wonder if I should just surprise him, as well. We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and he always says I am lousy about keeping surprises a secret... :rotfl:
Maybe I will just have to wait until we hop off the highway and head toward the resort to fill him in on the secret.:woohoo: I am so excited about this!

We will be arriving at AKL on a Friday afternoon, going to MK on Saturday, and then staying at AKL for the day on Sunday before heading over to Sheraton Vistana for the week. Any AKL experts have some pointers for what my family should see/do on Friday evining/night and Sunday?

TIA!

Sounds like a great surprise how fun!!!
Be careful though, once you go Deluxe it's hard to go back lol
Thanks for the info. about SVR. I'll have to ask my mom- it's her timeshare.
I did see it online but didn't realize if it was resort or villages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter