Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

So we check in Wednesday for hard rock for three nights I really want to upgrade the club level but it seems like they don’t have anything available for Friday night has anybody ever had luck asking for the upgrade for only two nights with the AP rate
As of right now online it won’t allow me to do it As of right now online it won’t allow me to do it It for AP rate Friday night if I book Wednesday Thursday club level AP rate

So we check in Wednesday for hard rock for three nights I really want to upgrade the club level but it seems like they don’t have anything available for Friday night has anybody ever had luck asking for the upgrade for only two nights with the AP rate
As of right now online it won’t allow me to do it As of right now online it won’t allow me to do it It for AP rate Friday night if I book Wednesday Thursday club level AP rate
Not sure about Hard Rock but while at RPR we decided we wanted to upgrade partway through our trip. They said it had to be length of stay.

If the option is unavailable online it is likely fully booked and will be unavailable when you check in. I was there over Labor Day weekend and asked about upgrading when I checked in, and they said it was unavailable. But it is always possible something could open up.

Looking to book just one night on a AP discount. Which is better at Endless Summer, Dockside or Surfside to stay at. What is the difference?

Last edited:

Looking to book just one night on a AP discount. Which is better at Endless Summer, Dockside or Surfside?

You don't need an AP to check rates. Just use the link at the beginning of this thread. I think the rates will be pretty similar for those two hotels depending on what is available at each. For my date of Dec. 1, the rate is $82 for a standard room and $93 for a pool view for both hotels.

You don't need an AP to check rates. Just use the link at the beginning of this thread. I think the rates will be pretty similar for those two hotels depending on what is available at each. For my date of Dec. 1, the rate is $82 for a standard room and $93 for a pool view for both hotels.
Sorry my question was a bit confusing. I was wondering which was the better one to pick.

Saw this posted in a FB group, and decided to check it out myself. Last-minute, mid-week, AP rates for next week are the lowest rates I’ve ever seen. wow.
Yeah, wow!

We have a club level room at the Hard Rock next week for $276/night before we switch to BWV for the 50th anniversary

Even with the room discount Disney is offering, it would cost $254/night to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort for those same nights.

A Disney Moderate or a Universal Deluxe with concierge service and unlimited Express Pass at the theme parks.

Unbelievable.

Yeah, wow!

We have a club level room at the Hard Rock next week for $276/night before we switch to BWV for the 50th anniversary

Even with the room discount Disney is offering, it would cost $254/night to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort for those same nights.

A Disney Moderate or a Universal Deluxe with concierge service and unlimited Express Pass at the theme parks.

Unbelievable.
If I could cancel the first half of my dvc stay right now for the same dates without penalty I would be paying cash for hard rock right now!

The PBH night would be our middle night. If we do it, the plan would be:
  • Arrive late on 10/13 (driving down and would get there ~10:00 or so) and stay at a value. Values are currently around $100
  • AM on 10/14, check out and move to PBH and hit early park admission
  • AM on 10/15, check out, move to a value, and hit EPA. Values are currently around $130. Sapphire isn't much more, so we might consider that since we've never stayed there.
  • AM on 10/16, check out. I'm sure I'll want to rope drop IOA to get in one more ride on Velocicoaster and/or Hagrid's, but we'll see how it goes ;)
Here is where we've landed for now (all AP rates):
  • 10/13 Booked Dockside for $89. We'll arrive around 10PM
  • 10/14 - move to Portofino first thing in the morning. Booked at $244
    • Likely will skip USO EAP and rope drop IOA for Hagrid's and JWV
  • AM on 10/15, check out of PBH and move to Dockside. Booked at $124
    • We'll probably check out and store our bags at PBH. Then switch hotels during a mid-day break.
    • Plan will likely be to rope drop IOA again.
  • AM on 10/16, check out. I'm sure I'll want to rope drop IOA to get in one more ride on Velocicoaster and/or Hagrid's, but we'll see how it goes
We could book Dockside for that middle night and just remain there (using PBH as a throwaway), but we both agreed - we wouldn't want to have a PBH room and not use it ;)

With that in mind, for us, it doesn't make sense to have a Dockside room for that middle night so we can leave stuff there - and pay another $89 to do so. We'll just make the 3 moves and save the money.

Still price watching and we'll adjust if something better comes up. I saw, but missed, a $224 rate for RPR on 10/14. I should have grabbed it. Not only do we prefer RPR, but we'd happily take the $20 savings.

• We'll probably check out and store our bags at PBH. Then switch hotels during a mid-day break.
  • AM on 10/16, check out. I'm sure I'll want to rope drop IOA to get in one more ride on Velocicoaster and/or Hagrid's, but we'll see how it goes
We could book Dockside for that middle night and just remain there (using PBH as a throwaway), but we both agreed - we wouldn't want to have a PBH room and not use it ;)

With that in mind, for us, it doesn't make sense to have a Dockside room for that middle night so we can leave stuff there - and pay another $89 to do so. We'll just make the 3 moves and save the money.

Still price watching and we'll adjust if something better comes up. I saw, but missed, a $224 rate for RPR on 10/14. I should have grabbed it. Not only do we prefer RPR, but we'd happily take the $20 savings.

We are staying October 12-15 as well and originally had to break up our stay. I check every few days and was able to do PBH for $244/nt for all 3 nights. So, if you want to splurge, the blocks can be found, just keep checking. We went around the same week last year and I anticipate that it will be busy. We've always stayed with express and have been pretty spoiled. Last year we did Cabana Bay during that week and it just wasn't nearly as comfortable or relaxing. Have fun!

We are staying October 12-15 as well and originally had to break up our stay. I check every few days and was able to do PBH for $244/nt for all 3 nights. So, if you want to splurge, the blocks can be found, just keep checking. We went around the same week last year and I anticipate that it will be busy. We've always stayed with express and have been pretty spoiled. Last year we did Cabana Bay during that week and it just wasn't nearly as comfortable or relaxing. Have fun!
For sure, I check individual days as well as 2-night (x2) blocks and the 3-night block.

Overall, we usually go for the money savings (while still trying to get EP), but we do consider convenience in the equation, too.

Interesting about CB - we thought about staying one more night and doing CB on Saturday because we didn't think that time of year would be crazy busy - even though a Saturday might be more busy than a week day. We've only been once and it was a day the park hit capacity, so even if it was 'busy', it might have felt more comfortable than our other visit. lol We ultimately decided against it just due to wanting to get home on Saturday night.

RPR rate popped up today $224 for 10/14 and $244 for 10/15 so we grabbed that and cancelled the other bookings. Worked out pretty well - RPR is our favorite premiere and for the $100 more, we won't have to move a second time.

In general, when will APH rates be available for June 2022?

My family has not stayed on Universal Orlando property before and we'd like to add three nights Feb 2-5. I have read lots here, but I just want to make sure I understand! If we purchase 1 annual pass for 1 adult, we can have the discounted rate when it becomes available? We can book whatever we want now and then just wait for rates to come out later? Also, once passholder rates comes out, we can book without having purchased the annual pass yet and take care of that before arrival? Sorry if these are repeated questions but just want to confirm I've got the process down!

Yes, book a placeholder now and book an AP rate when they come out. You do not need a purchased pass to book a rate, just need the pass or voucher at check in. Only one adult needs a pass per room. Get the cheapest pass that gets you the dates you need that are not blacked out.

I think usually just a few months ahead of time (sometimes only a few weeks).

I'm waiting for Jan 2022 to be released. I have RPR booked, but may switch to Portofino if the AP rates are low enough.
We are also staying in January and I keep checking. It feels so clunky the way I am doing it - is there a way to see which dates it goes up to or do you just plug your dates in to check?

We are also staying in January and I keep checking. It feels so clunky the way I am doing it - is there a way to see which dates it goes up to or do you just plug your dates in to check?
Nope, there's no way to see what the rates are without checking your dates.

We're willing to hotel hop, so I usually check for each night separately (say night A, B, and C), then combinations of the dates like: A & B, B & C, and A, B, & C.

I open a Chrome tab for each of those scenarios, then bookmark each of them. Create a bookmark folder and add each of those bookmarks. Then, when you want to check, right click on that bookmark folder and select Open All.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter