• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

anyone have luck getting AP rates yet for Portofino during Christmas? None of the premium hotels are showing up for me for dates 12/20-12/24/21.

That seems early, should I start looking for March in November? Who am I kidding, I look now LOL. But do you think it’s possible in November? I don’t want to miss them.
LOL, I'm not sure! I haven't looked for that time of year - usually it's only 2-3 months out, but it couldn't hurt to start stalking for your March dates :).

I check everyday. They never came out.
I know they were available for 12/23-12/25/21 early on because we considered all three premier resorts before choosing Hard Rock - there haven't been AP rate rooms available for our timeframe for several weeks now - there are only so many AP rate rooms available. & that's also a very popular time.

I check everyday. They never came out.
Just be aware that discounts for your exact dates might never have been there. However, that doesn't mean that they weren't briefly there for dates that overlap your dates.

For example, I've see discounts for Sunday-to-Wednesday, and Monday-to-Wednesday, but not for Sunday-to-Tuesday.

When it's months away, Universal seems to be more selective about which dates have discounts. If those dates sell, then those discounted rates disappear. But if those dates don't sell, then Universal seems to offer a wider combination of dates.

My son was looking for a cheap Endless Summer for several weeks. Nothing showed up for his dates. Then Sunday-to-Tuesday showed up, so we grabbed that, assuming he would switch hotels and stay somewhere else for his last 3 nights. Several days later, Sunday-to-Friday opened up, so we switched to that. (These are the dates he wants.) Now, I even see discounts that include Sunday-to-Saturday.

The point is, Universal seems to be very dynamic how it determines which combinations of dates get discounts.

I can believe that, at some point, there was a specific combination of dates that included Christmas that had discounts. But if these were all booked, then it's possible that Universal will not offer more until we get very close. (This assumes that not all rooms are booked.)

Just be aware that discounts for your exact dates might never have been there. However, that doesn't mean that they weren't briefly there for dates that overlap your dates.

For example, I've see discounts for Sunday-to-Wednesday, and Monday-to-Wednesday, but not for Sunday-to-Tuesday.

When it's months away, Universal seems to be more selective about which dates have discounts. If those dates sell, then those discounted rates disappear. But if those dates don't sell, then Universal seems to offer a wider combination of dates.

My son was looking for a cheap Endless Summer for several weeks. Nothing showed up for his dates. Then Sunday-to-Tuesday showed up, so we grabbed that, assuming he would switch hotels and stay somewhere else for his last 3 nights. Several days later, Sunday-to-Friday opened up, so we switched to that. (These are the dates he wants.) Now, I even see discounts that include Sunday-to-Saturday.

The point is, Universal seems to be very dynamic how it determines which combinations of dates get discounts.

I can believe that, at some point, there was a specific combination of dates that included Christmas that had discounts. But if these were all booked, then it's possible that Universal will not offer more until we get very close. (This assumes that not all rooms are booked.)

In this case... I guess they don't let you modify later right? IE., I book 1/1-1/4, but I really want 1/2-1/4. Could I call and cancel the first night, but still keep my AP rate for the last 2?

In this case... I guess they don't let you modify later right? IE., I book 1/1-1/4, but I really want 1/2-1/4. Could I call and cancel the first night, but still keep my AP rate for the last 2?

Sure. No guarantees but it might be possible. Last trip, I had an AP rate for 4 adults, and had to add a 5th adult. Unfortunately, the AP rate was unavailable online on the website. So I called, and they were able to add the extra adult to my AP rate. A little different scenario than yours but it indicates what the TM could do that I couldn’t.

:worship:Many thanks to sandam1 for compiling the following information!!!

Historical APH Rate Release Dates:

Rates thruReleased on
5/1/2018 (not including spring break)1/1/2018
5/31/2018 & spring break1/25/2018
8/12/20184/3/2018
9/29/20184/12/2018
12/25/20187/26/2018
3/8/201910/9/2018
5/24/20191/8/2019
July 20193/15/2019
11/2/20194/15/2019
Mid-December 20196/4/2019
2/14/2020 & Christmas holidays9/18/2019
4/3/202012/18/2019
11/2020 (not including summer dates)2/10/2020
Some Summer 2020 dates2/25/2020
First few weeks of December 20207/20/2020
12/25/20207/27/2020
2/12/202111/3/2020
3/25/202111/12/2020
May 20212/3/2021
8/14/20212/26/2021
11/1/20215/26/2021

Be warned that AP rates are most common for Sunday to Thursday nights. They typically are much harder to get for weekends, especially at the Deluxe Resorts.
unicorn sightings tend to be brief:hippie:

was shocked to see such low rates roll out, then even lower ones, for end of September dates @ PBH & HRH. they were indeed fleeting but, appreciated

I don’t have answer for you but use the search button and try to pull up past threads to find any pattern when that reflects past years rate dates for January
The other thread as to rate & date was usually worth exploring for people looking for patterns in the past.

Granted, the last few years bit of an anomaly due to pandemic but, still probably worth a peek.

Longer stays seem to often do better with the SMSM (or whatever name it goes by now).

yes we got a great deal with Savvy Traveller for December 18-24. We are paying an average rate of $278 for HRH. Would have gladly booked ST again for our upcoming spring break but I never saw it offered for our dates. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed for APH because I’m definitely not paying $600+/night. I think we paid $350/night last spring break at HRH.

We currently have two rooms booked with SMSM. We’re at RPR , Jan 2nd-6th. That’s a standard two Queen and a standard King for $262 per night each room.
I’m hoping for an APH rate but considering the prices I’m seeing now for well over $300, I will be fine with the rate I have if it doesn’t come out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter