Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

You have to change something to modify, which is hard if your dates and room type are the same. I once added a child to my 2 adult reservation because I was feeling lazy And didn’t want to cancel and rebook. That worked to modify.
Brilliant!

It does let you modify if you're changing room types. You can't modify to the same room type you already have. Sad. Thankfully cancelling and rebooking is easy enough. But Georgina's method is much more clever!

I have likewise added children to my reservations and then just deleted them a week later. Seems to work each time.

I checked my rate and it went down, but when I went to modify, even though the price showing was lower than the previous rate, it showed that there were no changes to save. Did you modify your reservation or rebook and cancel the old reservation?
You have to change something to modify, which is hard if your dates and room type are the same. I once added a child to my 2 adult reservation because I was feeling lazy And didn’t want to cancel and rebook. That worked to modify.
Maybe their website is glitchy lately too because I was trying to change room types (we had standard, but a Despicable Me suite opened with AP for about the same price we paid for a regular room last trip, so we figured might as well), and after editing the room type I got the error that there were no changes to save. Not sure what the deal was.

I just did a new booking and cancelled the old one, but now I have to wait around for them to return my deposit... so annoying.

FYI: RPR now has AP rooms in august. We had PBR 8/14-17 at $262 avg./night. We now were able to get RPR at $247 Avg/night.

Hmmm... I'll keep watching. Been checking daily for our 8/8-8/11 stay and so far RPR and HR are still substantially higher than PBH. They've bounced around some, but neither HR or RPR have dropped below the $339 mark. We would rather be at one of the hotels with a shorter walk, but not at a cost of $70 extra per night.

FYI: RPR now has AP rooms in august. We had PBR 8/14-17 at $262 avg./night. We now were able to get RPR at $247 Avg/night.
I think you maybe just got lucking with a one-off rather than any new AP inventory dump. We're staying right after you (8/18-8/21) and there are no AP rates at all at RPR and only on suites at HRH.

I did get a kind of weird email from Universal about there being some sort of "passholder appreciation" discounts available starting at August 16, but the link in the email just took me to current discounts. So maybe they are in the process of making some kind of update.

I think you maybe just got lucking with a one-off rather than any new AP inventory dump. We're staying right after you (8/18-8/21) and there are no AP rates at all at RPR and only on suites at HRH.

I did get a kind of weird email from Universal about there being some sort of "passholder appreciation" discounts available starting at August 16, but the link in the email just took me to current discounts. So maybe they are in the process of making some kind of update.

It does look like it’s only my dates, but it seems to be more than one room opened up because it’s still there for those dates. I’m never lucky. I’ll take it! 😂

There does appear to be movement in the August AP rooms - don't know if it is new inventory or cancellations. I've noticed a slow lowering of rates for our 8/8-8/11 dates over the past few weeks, and the past few days saw PB drop to the same AP rate ($279) we booked a few months ago. Today, I noted that RPR (which I had been hoping for) dropped from the $339 where it had been the past week or so to $274. I grabbed that and cancelled our PB reservation. We love PB, but will be glad to have the shorter walk from RPR during the summer heat (it's also the only one of the big three we haven't yet seen).

There does appear to be movement in the August AP rooms - don't know if it is new inventory or cancellations. I've noticed a slow lowering of rates for our 8/8-8/11 dates over the past few weeks, and the past few days saw PB drop to the same AP rate ($279) we booked a few months ago. Today, I noted that RPR (which I had been hoping for) dropped from the $339 where it had been the past week or so to $274. I grabbed that and cancelled our PB reservation. We love PB, but will be glad to have the shorter walk from RPR during the summer heat (it's also the only one of the big three we haven't yet seen).
Yep! They are doing something. Was able to get AP rate on RP today. Now I have to decide whether to keep that and save a buck or keep the despicable me suite we’d previously booked with an AP rate at PB… decisions decisions. We are 5 in the room so the extra space in the suite is appealing, but I like the look of RP and would be nice ti do something new (we stayed at PB before and thought it was just okay), and the shorter walk from RP will be nice in August.

Yep! They are doing something. Was able to get AP rate on RP today. Now I have to decide whether to keep that and save a buck or keep the despicable me suite we’d previously booked with an AP rate at PB… decisions decisions. We are 5 in the room so the extra space in the suite is appealing, but I like the look of RP and would be nice ti do something new (we stayed at PB before and thought it was just okay), and the shorter walk from RP will be nice in August.
We are in the same boat…have a reservation currently at all three of the EP hotels for our dates in august….one being the despicable me suite….have to decide which to drop!
We are family of 6, but I’m dumping one kid in the grandparents room..so five of us…do we go with
A - two deluxe rooms at HR?
B - despicable me suite at PB?
C - two standard rooms at RP?
?????
Need to make a decision so I can drop the other ones for other people to grab…

We stayed at RPR in 2018 (we visited with a family member as a party of 5, and got 2 standard connecting rooms, which was perfect). If you go with that choice, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did -- it was very conveniently located, the rooms were serene and adequately equipped, and the pool and public spaces are just beautiful. Now, with the lobby renovations, it's an even more attractive choice.

I was so excited to see our dates (8/17-21 for me) open up with some more APH rates this morning!

We'd already split up our stay in response to the first APH release, with 2 nights at HRH (deluxe room with 2 queens and a foldout, standard rate) followed by 2 nights at RPR (Jurassic World family suite, APH rate - those 2 nights were the only ones available). As of this morning I was able to switch the first 2 nights to a standard room at HRH at the APH rate (sorry to lose the foldout and the extra space of the deluxe, but it's only for 2 nights and we saved almost $500 by changing). I'd have put us in RPR for both parts of the split stay, but the rest of the family really loves HRH and wanted to spend at least part of our stay there, and we enjoy the variety of a split stay anyway, so here we are.

Now maybe I can stop stalking the APH rate page every morning and go back to living my life. ;)

Last edited:
Well, I can tell you how mine got resolved. I sat down with my husband and was planning to show him everything about the two resorts, pools, dining rooms etc. I started with the resort map and when I showed him the walking paths he said definitely RP. I said well don’t you want to see the rest, the rooms are a lot smaller at RP and it doesn’t have a pool slide, he said nope, doesn’t care, he wants the shorter walk so we don’t have to wait for boats like we did on our last trip. Love that my DH doesn’t overthink every detail like I do—makes things simple.

I am excited to try somewhere new.

After reading about price drops I checked and HRH is now cheaper than PBR fir our dates (mind you not by much) and since HRH is closer I switched. Saved $10 lol. I guess my first visit to PBR will have to wait!!

We had cabana bay booked but not with an AP price. I just booked sapphire falls for much cheaper than we are paying at CB because the AP rate was available. Now when the kid is no longer sedated from having her wisdom teeth out I can ask which she wants.

We now have 1 night at PBH and 1 night at RP (spaced out for 4 days of EP) so we'll get to try both out. Not sure if we're actually going to stay overnight in the rooms or not, but we will definitely check them both out.

Booked August 15 to 21 the other day, with AP discount for about 256 a night plus tax, higher for Friday night at PBH. Went on today, AP rate of 214 a night plus tax at RPR, almost 400 dollar plus tax difference. So cancelled my PBH reservation. I’d rather be at PBH, but with that difference in price, easy to cancel. I’ve stayed there over RPR when over those 6 nights, was like 40 dollars more. That I was willing to pay. I will keep looking.

Though when I looked at my end of September two reservations, much higher rates than I got, via Stay More and AP. But I will keep trying. Now only if I could get the rental car rate down. So far, not any lower, but much higher than I booked months ago.

Well, for 120 dollars more, cancelled that RPR standard room, to a garden view HRH AP rate for my August dates. I really liked my stay there last year. And you can’t beat the short walk to the Studios. My DD is happy not to be at RPR, and will be her first time at HRH. Thank goodness for lower AP rates.

Your girl will like HRH

I debated when I booked last year which hotel to go with
I flipped a coin between RP and HR for this fall

RP prices are high now compared to what I booked

Yeah, Mac, cheaper than I first booked, but when I saw HRH for just a bit more, decided take it. Still have August RPR standard rooms at a great price, and I think a good price for HRH too. Thanks to AP rates. But my long ago RPR rate booked for September has not been beat by what is now, not even available for AP rate. My SF rate went down, so rebooked at savings with an even lower AP rate. Was willing to upgrade there too, as not much different price versus standard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter