Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

How are the waits for food? I'm not expecting super quick but I would rather not wait 40 minutes.

Some of the food booths can have long waits. Not sure if they get to 40 minutes. If you get food early on, the waits are less. As for QS, Fast Food Blvd usually has long waits. I think Louie's is usually shorter. Today Cafe is probably long early on, but later it's not too bad. Leaky Cauldron might not be bad, especially later. I don't know if the restaurants in USF will take reservations on an HHN afternoon/night. The walk-up line for Finnegan's can be pretty long. If you want to do a sit down meal, I would do it in Citywalk and get reservations. Be sure to keep mindful of the long line that forms outside the gate for opening. If you can get a late lunch and then do Stay and Scream that's best. Or plan to enter after it has opened. 30 minutes is probably good enough.

Some of the food booths can have long waits. Not sure if they get to 40 minutes. If you get food early on, the waits are less. As for QS, Fast Food Blvd usually has long waits. I think Louie's is usually shorter. Today Cafe is probably long early on, but later it's not too bad. Leaky Cauldron might not be bad, especially later. I don't know if the restaurants in USF will take reservations on an HHN afternoon/night. The walk-up line for Finnegan's can be pretty long. If you want to do a sit down meal, I would do it in Citywalk and get reservations. Be sure to keep mindful of the long line that forms outside the gate for opening. If you can get a late lunch and then do Stay and Scream that's best. Or plan to enter after it has opened. 30 minutes is probably good enough.
Thanks for the info! My dad and I have APs so we're able to enter the park without needing to buy stay and stream. What time would you recommend making a dining reservation for? I feel like my dad would rather sit down somewhere before entering the park.

Thanks for the info! My dad and I have APs so we're able to enter the park without needing to buy stay and stream. What time would you recommend making a dining reservation for? I feel like my dad would rather sit down somewhere before entering the park.
You want to be in the park before closing for Stay and Scream. If you want to be toward the front of that line, you would need to go to your chosen corral about 4pm or possibly before. I can't remember what time the park closes. It's either 5 or 5:30pm. So, it depends what time you want to enter your Stay and Scream area. I would give myself at least an hour before that, maybe 1.5 hours. Kind of depends upon how quickly you eat. If you finish eating early, you could always chill a little longer at the restaurant or go chill somewhere in USF until the corrals open.

EDIT: NBC is close to USF, and we really enjoyed our dinner their last time. Of course, Big Fire is my favorite.

How are the waits for food? I'm not expecting super quick but I would rather not wait 40 minutes.

On Sunday of opening weekend, Fast Food Blvd was dead while we were lined up in the 5:00 holding area (maybe 20 people in the entire place, including seating area) . Around 8:00 I waited 35 minutes in the pizza fries line. The line didn't look too long, but it moved SO slow. I would have abandoned the line, but I had never tried them. I did not think they were worth the wait. Not bad, just not worth a 35 minute wait.

I have eaten at CowFish or NBC Grill around 3 pm on HHN night then enter the park for stay and scream. The twisted tater line can get pretty long. There’s normally 2 twisted tater booths - one by animal actors and other over by Fallon. I try to hit it early in the night. It will be interesting how the kids zone construction affects HHN this year.

Does anyone know if the 6 house unmasking tour provides us lunch? I am seeing conflicting reports
At our lunch break, our guide walked everyone back to the blue man building and we had to exit the park into citywalk (we have APs and could have gone around to the main park entrance if we'd wanted to eat in the park but it was quicker to just stay in citywalk for lunch). They said be back at a specific time.

I have a couple questions with annual pass and HHN discounts. Do preferred passes get a discount on rip tours? Do you only get a discount on your tour or can you get for you and a guest. Do you also get a discount on the daytime 3 or 6 house tour? With this extra 3 months do you think we would also get a discount on next year rip tour with the same pass?
I usually just get a seasonal pass for hotel discount but was thinking it might make sense to upgrade to preferred with some of the discounts especially if I can squeeze another HHN next year because of the extra months on the deal for the annual passes.

I have a couple questions with annual pass and HHN discounts. Do preferred passes get a discount on rip tours? Do you only get a discount on your tour or can you get for you and a guest. Do you also get a discount on the daytime 3 or 6 house tour? With this extra 3 months do you think we would also get a discount on next year rip tour with the same pass?
I usually just get a seasonal pass for hotel discount but was thinking it might make sense to upgrade to preferred with some of the discounts especially if I can squeeze another HHN next year because of the extra months on the deal for the annual passes.

For the RIP tour:
  • Premier and Preferred Passholders get 10% off.
  • Power Passholders get 5% off.

I don’t see any discount on the house tours, but it doesn’t hurt to call and ask.

If the AP is active on the days you are doing HHN both this year and next year, I would expect that the RIP discount should be available.

My party is thinking about going the 14th or 28th. We leaning on the 28th because we think it might rain mid month.

Question for those more experienced with HHN: would you guys recommend booking a late lunch/early dinner at City Walk and then going into USF or eat in the park? I'm considering booking somewhere to eat but wanted to hear what other people do. If you recommend eating in the park, what are some good things to try? My dad and I are not picky eaters and will try anything.

Also I just bought Express for the night I plan on using my free premier pass ticket. It's a saturday so I expect it to be nuts.
The Twisted Tater is my must-have at HHN every year. 10/10 would recommend. :love:

Does anyone know if the 6 house unmasking tour provides us lunch? I am seeing conflicting reports
I've does the 6 house and 3 house several times

The 6 house has a lunch break - but its not provided - ie you pay for it.
You have to order it in advance before the tour heads out - the last time it was at monsters cafe and before that blue man group area.

In 2021 the 6 house tour did provide lunch. It was at Monsters Cafe and it was awful, but it was provided. 🫠

Huh. We had to pay for our lunch there. They did have everyone go there but we had to pay for it. (On our 6 house tour anyway). Last year they just released us to city walk with suggestions and a return time.

Yeah i think now that Monsters Cafe is gone they release folks on their own for lunch. At least, that was the change from 2021 and previous years to 2022. I preferred the former since we didn't have to deal with the normal lunch crush, depending on the time you break. Hope they go back to that this year, but I don't know where they'd do it.

Highly dependent on when you go, which booth, and also what you are ordering. Things they have ready to go you will wait less, things they have to get ready or make for you will naturally take longer.

I've personally never had to wait more than 20 minutes for food even when it was the "busiest". Earlier on in the event the food booth lines are the shortest. They will peak 9 to 11. Also it seems like Simpsons land food both area is way more busy than the Central Park food both area. The Food both area near Men in Black surges when Nightmare Fuel Show surges. The little one off ones no telling.

I did have to wait 35 minutes for food once at Mardi Gras. They ended up giving me samples of the other items at the booth because of it.

Last edited:
This may have been discussed already, but I was wondering if the Kids Zone area is still walled off, will there even be any houses in that back lot area this year? And if there are, I wonder how/where they will set up the queues?? They could possibly use the path where the parades come out of. Any other thoughts?

Multiple nights tickets are on sale now. It looks like the prices are slightly higher than last year. I decided to splurge and get Rush of Fear w Express for $529. Just the Pass is $179.
Thank you! Not sure if they sell out, but I've rushed (pun intended) to buy mine. Same as you, so excited to be able to visit multiple nights with the express pass!!!!

Preaching the converted here, but it's astonishing that with just a few bucks more than one low season MNSSHP ticket we can get a month of HHN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter