Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

Does anyone know when they will announce what houses are offered on the unmasking tour once you have purchased? Will they send an email a few days prior? We going first weekend

Does anyone know when they will announce what houses are offered on the unmasking tour once you have purchased? Will they send an email a few days prior? We going first weekend
I don't think anyone can know for sure, my best guess is that once all of the houses have been officially announced, that information for the tour will be available.

I don't think anyone can know for sure, my best guess is that once all of the houses have been officially announced, that information for the tour will be available.
Until people actually take the tour I don't think that info will be out there.

Its also possible line ups may change on some days - so not sure the lineup is ever guaranteed beyond six houses and three houses. That said - I have done both the six house and three house several years and never had a repeat

We are going opening night with EP and I am debating on whether we also need early entry or the dining package so we can be a waiting area. We did opening Sat and Sun last year, so I know it will be crowded. However, we had APs last year so we were able to do a waiting area. Our goal is to do every house at least once, we don't care about the show. I'd also like to finish well before 2:00 am since we have to travel all the way back to Disney. Will we be able to get everything done with EP but no early entry?
Opening night will be busy. But I would be shocked if you cant do everything with express.

Another cheat code, is that last year they had a separate entrance for Hotel guests that sped things up alot if you dont do stay and scream.

Opening night will be busy. But I would be shocked if you cant do everything with express.

Another cheat code, is that last year they had a separate entrance for Hotel guests that sped things up alot if you dont do stay and scream.
Yes, the hotel guest entrance was awesome! We walked straight into Hellblock Horror last year and then jumped in Coven with a 10 minute wait. Unfortunately, we are not onsite guests this year.

I would just get there early and wait at the gate or alternate thought is to go in a little bit after gates open so you miss the mob. I think Stranger Things and Last of Us will be super popular and take the most time even w Express

One thing that messed me up last year with Stay and Scream was the light adjustment, i went twice last year, and going from super bright Florida to super dark house made me miss alot of details that i noticed when i hit the same house later in the night when my eyes had fully adjusted to being in the dark.

Is it just me or are the houses near Kids Zone always the longest wait with express, followed by the houses near Jimmy Fallon, and the rest are pretty quick with express? I think its how they have the express line cordoned off in those houses. I would prioritize doing the kids zone area houses when doing Stay and Scream. They typically put the "premier ip they contracted out" house past the Kids Zone area.

I highly recommend the hotel entrance if you can use it - they check your tickets early and put you in a holding area so you are ready to be released similar to stay and scream - BUT not before the park opens.

Not sure if this happens as much any more but also the scare actors are also heading to houses through there so I was able to get some great shots of the SAs that were in houses. Now that Shrek is gone that may not happen s it was the SAs for that house.

If at all possible do the stay and scream. I plan to do it this year for a night or two as I feel the cost for express has gotten to the point where I'd rather just rather join a private RIP tour for one of the nights and skip express all together.

No doubt I will miss being able to hang in citywalk for a bit and enter HHN after the initial rush and use express pass.
I'll be watching the wait times on Wendesdays, Thursdays and Sundays and if they are crazy then I may change my mind, but I think I can do without express.

One thing that messed me up last year with Stay and Scream was the light adjustment, i went twice last year, and going from super bright Florida to super dark house made me miss alot of details that i noticed when i hit the same house later in the night when my eyes had fully adjusted to being in the dark.
Yes - people recommend covering one of your eyes - this is a big problem with some of the houses
Is it just me or are the houses near Kids Zone always the longest wait with express, followed by the houses near Jimmy Fallon, and the rest are pretty quick with express? I think its how they have the express line cordoned off in those houses. I would prioritize doing the kids zone area houses when doing Stay and Scream. They typically put the "premier ip they contracted out" house past the Kids Zone area.
Yup - if its the one I am thinking of - always the worst - the line merges with the general line much sooner than it should so its a long wait

This is why I got stuck in a corner in monster’s house and had to feel my way out like Velma looking for her glasses in Scooby Doo. Couldn’t see a thing initially.
I also agree those express lines seem long. We have almost always done stay and scream to see the houses that you enter through kids zone first. They tend to be really popular houses too in my opinion.

I did stay and scream at Ritcher Burger last year so I did the Blumhouse first. Totally walked into a wall. Had the person behind me who wasn’t with me put her hand on my back because everyone was sort of blind in the first part of house.

What is it like in the holding zones? is it basically just standing around for an hour to an hour and a half, like another line?

first timer, we are going 3 nights, 9/8 - 9/10 with our teens. my plan was to do a different holding zone each night, and do 3-4 houses each night right out of the holding zone but not sure if there is a better strategy so don't have to wait around in holding zones every night. probably will not want to stay until 2 am every night. we are annual pass holders & staying on site.

also, does anyone have any personal experience as to what time Diagon Alley closes, or if it really does? seeing conflicting reports, but one of the main reasons we are going is to try to experience "empty" diagon alley

Last year there was 3 Stay and Scream areas for people already in the park and were staying for HHN. New York, Central Park and in SF at Ritcher Burger. NY and Central Park let you line up for 2 houses over by Fallon and Central Park for 2 houses in kid zone area . SF was for house at Fast and Furious. They’re a team member with a sign w house name where you line up. You can hang out in stay and scream area just can’t leave once you’re in. You don’t have to get in line right away if you don’t want to. As it gets closer to opening, they will walk the line closer to the house and then let you in. What time they do will vary but you are definitely ahead of the people who are outside waiting at the gate.

With the kids zone construction this year, they may move the holding zone more to Simpsons area, depending on where they put the house entrance.

Last year there was 3 Stay and Scream areas for people already in the park and were staying for HHN. New York, Central Park and in SF at Ritcher Burger. NY and Central Park let you line up for 2 houses over by Fallon and Central Park for 2 houses in kid zone area . SF was for house at Fast and Furious. They’re a team member with a sign w house name where you line up. You can hang out in stay and scream area just can’t leave once you’re in. You don’t have to get in line right away if you don’t want to. As it gets closer to opening, they will walk the line closer to the house and then let you in. What time they do will vary but you are definitely ahead of the people who are outside waiting at the gate.

With the kids zone construction this year, they may move the holding zone more to Simpsons area, depending on where they put the house entrance.
Thank you!

What is it like in the holding zones? is it basically just standing around for an hour to an hour and a half, like another line?

first timer, we are going 3 nights, 9/8 - 9/10 with our teens. my plan was to do a different holding zone each night, and do 3-4 houses each night right out of the holding zone but not sure if there is a better strategy so don't have to wait around in holding zones every night. probably will not want to stay until 2 am every night. we are annual pass holders & staying on site.

also, does anyone have any personal experience as to what time Diagon Alley closes, or if it really does? seeing conflicting reports, but one of the main reasons we are going is to try to experience "empty" diagon alley
Last year was our first year. The first night we didn't have EP and used the hotel guest entrance around 5:30. There was no line and we went literally straight into the first house. That house let out at the start of a few others and we were able to jump in a second line with only 15 minute wait.

The second night we lined up in the Central Park area. It was split into 2 distinct lines when they opened it. The employees were holding signs designating which line was for which house. We just waited in line. I highly recommend taking an umbrella for shade if its a sunny day. If it hadn't been cloudy, we would have been miserable. I did walk over to the Simpson's food area to get drinks, so as PP said you can move around within that area. However, I would leave someone to hold your place in line because the line had grown significantly behind us. Having 3 nights will allow you to take a leisurely pace.

Oh and the Potter area is the most vacant when the HHN starts. Takes people some time to get back there, and most that stay in holding areas want to get a jump on a house or two or three.

Supposedly there might be death eaters in Diagon Alley this year. Normally it’s pretty quiet with not a lot of people. Nice to go get a drink at the bar. Gringotts will be running for some of HHN.

Last year was our first year. The first night we didn't have EP and used the hotel guest entrance around 5:30. There was no line and we went literally straight into the first house. That house let out at the start of a few others and we were able to jump in a second line with only 15 minute wait.
would it make sense to do this all nights & no holding zones, or is the location if the entrance too far from some houses to be beneficial? The loading zones sound like a line to avoid a line, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter