Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

https://***********************.com/2023/06/rumor-stranger-things-to-return-to-halloween-horror-nights-at-universal-orlando-resort/

rumor stranger things returning
Had thot a shoo in as it brought in the kids in droves, by many accounts, only reason they visited the event

Writers’ strike is delaying filming on ST, thinking it might be pushed back

Does anyone have experience with this event in Japan? I’m going to do HHN Orlando with a RIP tour in early October. I’ll be in Japan on business a couple of weeks later and realized I might have a chance to do their HHN as well. Just curious if it’s worth it or not, especially when compared to Orlando.

I would check out the TDR Explorer site (https://tdrexplorer.com/). He’s a Canadian who has been living in Japan for several years. He goes to HHN Japan almost every year. There are others too that you can search for. It’s done a little different than either park in the US.

My party of 5 have signed up for a Public RIP tour on Thursday, September 14. We’re only doing one night of HHN. We had planned on going on Wednesday, but when I called Universal last weekend to book the tour, Wednesday was already booked up except for an 8:30 PM time slot. Thursday night had all time slots available, so we signed up for a 6:30 slot. Anyone else going on Thursday, September 14?

Had thot a shoo in as it brought in the kids in droves, by many accounts, only reason they visited the event

Writers’ strike is delaying filming on ST, thinking it might be pushed back

So what i had heard is that Netflix went from helping to pay for houses to promote series, (they helped with Haunting of Hill House from what i heard) to wanting money to have the house. Also the Netflix/Universal relationship got a bit more tense than it was. Mostly due to Netflix's infinite money font getting closed off a bit.

Thats why we havent seen another Stranger Things. If they are willing to just take cuts of merch sales we will see another Stranger Things house.
Does anyone have experience with this event in Japan? I’m going to do HHN Orlando with a RIP tour in early October. I’ll be in Japan on business a couple of weeks later and realized I might have a chance to do their HHN as well. Just curious if it’s worth it or not, especially when compared to Orlando.
There are alot of rumours about Demon Slayer being a house this year. Branching out to anime would be neat potentially.

My party of 5 have signed up for a Public RIP tour on Thursday, September 14. We’re only doing one night of HHN. We had planned on going on Wednesday, but when I called Universal last weekend to book the tour, Wednesday was already booked up except for an 8:30 PM time slot. Thursday night had all time slots available, so we signed up for a 6:30 slot. Anyone else going on Thursday, September 14?
8:30 is an awful slot. Your not actually getting a tour slot, your getting a time to go the reception. The reception shuts down at 9, but if you got 6:30 you can hang out until 9 from what they explained to me. You can immediately bail out of the reception and go on your tour if you want. So you can "go" at 8 if you want to chill and eat dinner for an hour, and your tour actually starts when you walk up Horror Makeup Show. And you dont actually start your tour until someone else walks up to make the group "full". For 5 they may just go ahead and go, but if its 2 or 3 you have to wait.

Our tour time is 7pm. I know we pick up our credentials at 530 and they keep us in the holding area until 6. Can we head to cafe la bamba or are they really strict with the 7pm time?

I will be attending one night as well on September 15. If I can not get a private tour group going I will join a public one.

Our tour time is 7pm. I know we pick up our credentials at 530 and they keep us in the holding area until 6. Can we head to cafe la bamba or are they really strict with the 7pm time?
When i asked they said it was strict. They explained it was because the cafe was in use for the private tour people who paid more 6 to 7. Also they dont want to have everyone eat all at once at the reception and there wasnt enough room for all of them to show up at once.

When i asked they said it was strict. They explained it was because the cafe was in use for the private tour people who paid more 6 to 7. Also they dont want to have everyone eat all at once at the reception and there wasnt enough room for all of them to show up at once.
Thanks. We did one last year at 630 and I think they let us in a few minutes early maybe

Thanks. We did one last year at 630 and I think they let us in a few minutes early maybe
Yeah i think he mentioned its basically just how many people are currently at the reception. If its relatively empty and your like 15 minutes early he said you could ask but no guarantees when i asked him if we could go early.

It is very crowded to point of SRO, even during the private tour time, as many people want to enjoy their time in the lounge & linger a bit over drinks. Bar is relatively uncrowned inside Vs the lines in the park.

note that the private tours also have the option to stop back during the evening for mini-breaks Based upon the tour’s preferences.

Excuse this tiny and temporary sidetrack post, as I wasn't sure where else to ask this - but has anyone visited the horror-themed Cocktails and Screams in Orlando during their HHN trip or any other time? Yelp reviews look decent, but was curious if any HHN fans experienced it personally. Sounds like a hoot!

8:30 is an awful slot. Your not actually getting a tour slot, your getting a time to go the reception. The reception shuts down at 9, but if you got 6:30 you can hang out until 9 from what they explained to me. You can immediately bail out of the reception and go on your tour if you want. So you can "go" at 8 if you want to chill and eat dinner for an hour, and your tour actually starts when you walk up Horror Makeup Show. And you dont actually start your tour until someone else walks up to make the group "full". For 5 they may just go ahead and go, but if its 2 or 3 you have to wait.

I have a 730 slot on Oct 5th. I’m solo and fully flexible. Should I move this time up? I just saw the small print saying tours leave continually from 7-9 and I don’t remember it being that way last time. I seem to remember having to be at the cafe at a certain time and I was already assigned to a specific tour. This was 2019. Maybe I am misremembering?

I have a 730 slot on Oct 5th. I’m solo and fully flexible. Should I move this time up? I just saw the small print saying tours leave continually from 7-9 and I don’t remember it being that way last time. I seem to remember having to be at the cafe at a certain time and I was already assigned to a specific tour. This was 2019. Maybe I am misremembering?
The way it was explained to me is that your slot is when you can go to the reception and then go to your tour. Once you leave the reception you walk up to horror make up and they put you with the next tour guide about to go. Once they get 6 they head out. They do this till 9. So you can hang out till like 850 at the reception. Earlier time means more time to eat the food you are paying for.

So if you don't want to do the reception you can immediately start your tour at like 735, (5 minutes once your checked in and to walk over there) but you will have to "wait" till the tour guide gets a full enough party to head out.

The way it was explained to me is that your slot is when you can go to the reception and then go to your tour. Once you leave the reception you walk up to horror make up and they put you with the next tour guide about to go. Once they get 6 they head out. They do this till 9. So you can hang out till like 850 at the reception. Earlier time means more time to eat the food you are paying for.

So if you don't want to do the reception you can immediately start your tour at like 735, (5 minutes once your checked in and to walk over there) but you will have to "wait" till the tour guide gets a full enough party to head out.

Yeah that’s very different. Our tour guide kind of rounded us up the last time I did it and could have sworn there were more than 6 of us. I’ll probably just see if they have a way to let me adjust the time forward a bit. Thanks.

Question for those more experienced with HHN: would you guys recommend booking a late lunch/early dinner at City Walk and then going into USF or eat in the park? I'm considering booking somewhere to eat but wanted to hear what other people do. If you recommend eating in the park, what are some good things to try? My dad and I are not picky eaters and will try anything.

Also I just bought Express for the night I plan on using my free premier pass ticket. It's a saturday so I expect it to be nuts.

Question for those more experienced with HHN: would you guys recommend booking a late lunch/early dinner at City Walk and then going into USF or eat in the park? I'm considering booking somewhere to eat but wanted to hear what other people do. If you recommend eating in the park, what are some good things to try? My dad and I are not picky eaters and will try anything.

Also I just bought Express for the night I plan on using my free premier pass ticket. It's a saturday so I expect it to be nuts.

The event has alot of unique offerings if you want food during it at the speciality stands. There is a whole foodie snack experience on offer at Horror Nights if you are willing to pay the money. Getting an actual meal will be for sure cheaper if that is a concern.

I personally plan on checking out Minions Cafe for lunch.

The event has alot of unique offerings if you want food during it at the speciality stands. There is a whole foodie snack experience on offer at Horror Nights if you are willing to pay the money. Getting an actual meal will be for sure cheaper.

I personally plan on checking out Minions Cafe for lunch.
How are the waits for food? I'm not expecting super quick but I would rather not wait 40 minutes.

Does anyone know if the 6 house unmasking tour provides us lunch? I am seeing conflicting reports

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter