Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

just to echo what others said in 2018 when we went i believe the park closed at 7 therefore we had entrance at 5 PM IIRC (opposed to the party starts at 9 and we can enter at 7).
A lot of special meet and greets
free cookies and chocolate milk (hot cocoa may have also been involved)
special show at the main stage
it was pretty crowded imho--the park itself. we do these parties mainly for the attractions and the fireworks show. we don't care about parades/meet and greets/stage shows and i do remember wait times for attractions were generally low, most in our party rode splash 3 times back to back as walk ons and it was the highlight of our trip. so i'm hoping based on boo bash (and the high cost for these tickets) that the crowds will be really enjoyable. if we survived MVMCP with those crowd levels i can only imagine this will be better!

A question I have for those who did Halloween parties in the past was did Disney actively advertise those parties as having low wait times?

they are actively advertising low waits for these after hours party which makes me believe they will actually have low waits.

A question I have for those who did Halloween parties in the past was did Disney actively advertise those parties as having low wait times?

they are actively advertising low waits for these after hours party which makes me believe they will actually have low waits.
I seem to remember something to the effect of you can often enjoy lower wait times, and then an explanation that fp would not be in use during the party hours.

My experience was that many rides were walk ons, but it was weather dependent and ride crowds fluctuated from party to party. Also, the character meet and greets, Hocus Pocus shows, 2 parades, special fireworks, and trick or treat trails really helped to pull people away from the rides.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about but once you sign in on tbe website under MDE you go to the main drop down and select where it says parks & tickets and then go down to where it says special event tickets and earlier it brought you to a waiting room which told you how long you had and eventually got you to where you had the choice to select a few events including this one. Good luck!

Turns out I was NOT logged into the website and my MDE app was not taking me to availability for some reason. Once I logged on to the site rather than the app and accessed MDE, worked like a charm. That could have saved me about two hours if I had thought it through - thank goodness for all of you and your guidance!

Yes AH events and the Early Morning Events both advertised low crowds.

Just got our tickets for the 10th. That was a really easy process online. Too bad that cannot be every time we use the site. Cannot wait to go!

Hmmmm, maybe I got lucky that I got someone right off the bat that could do it?

I will say I did not choose the ‘purchase a new ticket’ Option. I choose the ‘have an existing or past ticket’ option. I think it was like the 4th option listed.

Maybe that’s why I ended up with a CM at resorts, who probably are Guest Services based.

Yeah I think I chose the purchase a new ticket option, so that's on me!

Anyhow, got my call back, and tickets switched to Nov 16th! Was very easy once I got the callback. Thank you!!

I was asking if MNSHP had advertised low crowds in the past.

Oh sorry my bad. I know it mentioned lower crowds for parties in a sort of auxiliary way but I don’t remember it being as big of a deal as when they made it a selling point for AH.

Yeah I think I chose the purchase a new ticket option, so that's on me!

Anyhow, got my call back, and tickets switched to Nov 16th! Was very easy once I got the callback. Thank you!!

Cool glad you got them. Funny enough my date is Nov 18th. Hope that it’ll be low crowds since most folk will be using the next week for Holiday travel. Though I did not realize I was going to bump up against D23 weekend 🤦🏻‍♀️

Waiting for a callback from GS. CM advised that because it was dealing with a credit, GS would have to take care of it. CM took all the relevant info, and now I am waiting patiently for the callback.

A tad annoying after being on hold for almost an hour, but hopefully gets resolved shortly.

What number did you use? Ive been on hold and disconnected multiple times since 9am, I have 2 day park hoppers from when disney shut down in march of 2020. I was told I could use them to exchange for the xmas party, then told I wasnt allowed to( on a a chat after i was disconnected for the 4th time) . Now I'm on hold again

I just got our tickets!!

But I did have something weird happen. I put our 3 tickets in my cart and when it got to the checkout page, the total cost was over $7,000 :crazy2: . Somehow the system had also added in the cash price for our resort stay. We're staying at Copper Creek using DVC points, but it had added in around $6600 for that stay! I was able to delete it from the cart, but then I was freaking out thinking - did I just cancel our DVC reservation???

Thankfully, I just checked and it's still there and all is good. So strange though!

Good luck everyone! Hope you all get your tickets.

We had the same thing happen

My TA (not dreams unlimited) was able to get our group of 13 tickets! I received the email confirmation (in two batches) and emailed her back right away! She mentioned that they never asked about resort guests or not which is odd. Maybe that’s a TA thing? How did Disney know you guys have a resort stay if you did it through the special event website? Did you have to enter in reservation numbers?
Your reservation is linked to your MDE and it only gives you the option to buy tickets during your stay dates.

No they did not use that terminology, they said a limited number of tickets.

Cool glad you got them. Funny enough my date is Nov 18th. Hope that it’ll be low crowds since most folk will be using the next week for Holiday travel. Though I did not realize I was going to bump up against D23 weekend 🤦🏻‍♀️
I booked 2 parties, the 18th (solo) and 19th (with sister and niece). Same, didn’t realize it was D23 and thought I was so sneaky getting out before Thanksgiving week. Here’s hoping it won’t impact crowds at AH! See you there!

Last edited:
I have quite the saga that sprouted from today’s ticket purchasing adventures. Turns out I did not fully book the reservation I thought I had (November 5-10), so I was able to find my discounted rate on nov 8-10 at least. So now we’ll be on the lookout for good options for the other few days.
And we got our Christmas party tickets for Nov 9 so it wasn’t a total wash at least!

I have quite the saga that sprouted from today’s ticket purchasing adventures. Turns out I did not fully book the reservation I thought I had (November 5-10), so I was able to find my discounted rate on nov 8-10 at least. So now we’ll be on the lookout for good options for the other few days.
And we got our Christmas party tickets for Nov 9 so it wasn’t a total wash at least!
Good luck. That's disappointing. I realized while booking ADRs for ou July trip that I still had two separate hotel reservations, due to lots of changes for canceled cruises. I had a 6 night and then 1 night at the same place. Took me a while to figure out why I couldn't book my last day of ADRs yet. Finally realized and was able to add 1 night to my 6 night and cancel the original 1 night. It always pays to take a second look, maybe 4th or 5th for me :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter