Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

Do we know if we have to book by phone on the 17th? It says that we can book by phone OR online starting on the 20th, but I can't find about hotel guests who can book on the 17th. I'd like to avoid a repeat of the Halloween party mess!!

Just ended a chat through the app...I was told that for the 17th the pre-purchase would only be available over the phone. (Guess I know what I am doing that morning!)

Interesting that there's no Disney Very Merriest After Hours on Wednesdays. Wednesdays in October is when Magic Kingdom has its extended evening hours for Deluxe resort guests.

If that continues into December maybe I'll go to MK on Wednesday instead, buy our Mickey bars and save $800 😂🤣

Any indication that special parade & fireworks will be held during regular park hours following Dec 21 thru Jan 1 or 2?

Just ended a chat through the app...I was told that for the 17th the pre-purchase would only be available over the phone. (Guess I know what I am doing that morning!)
Noooooooooo!!!! That won’t be pretty, California time. I assume 6 am for me? Please, please don’t say 5…

Luckily my stay is during those lesser cost nights and I have a Boo Bash ticket to convert. Still, I’m sorry they are pricing out some families/groups.

I would prefer Tuesday to Thursday but my arrival day is Tuesday and I don’t think I want to chance flight delays or add an xtra day on the front of my trip.

Interesting that there's no Disney Very Merriest After Hours on Wednesdays. Wednesdays in October is when Magic Kingdom has its extended evening hours for Deluxe resort guests.

If that continues into December maybe I'll go to MK on Wednesday instead, buy our Mickey bars and save $800 😂🤣
That's a great point. If you were booked value or moderate, you could upgrade your hotel to deluxe and probably still come out ahead.

Noooooooooo!!!! That won’t be pretty, California time. I assume 6 am for me? Please, please don’t say 5…
Don’t worry, you won’t connect with a live person right away. So wake up in the dark hours of the night, dial in, fall back asleep to the Disney music and wake up again 8 hours later when that live person finally picks up. P.S. I’m a west-coaster, too 😄

Does anyone remember how much the tickets were in 2019?
The MK after hours event DH and I attended in Jan 2020 were $129. For the less expensive party AH events, as long as you’re a freak for rides, seems…if not reasonable, then at least not out of the realm of Disney reality. But wow, the later dates..,

It makes me wish I'd just opted for a shorter ticket to start with and we could have had a pool/party day. Now we're stuck with 4 day tickets that cost over $500 each and the idea of adding a $229 event ticket on top of that is... not appetizing.

ETA: but I had to hurry up and decide my ticket length so I could make park reservations well in advance. This is the sort of thing that is going to make for dissatisfied customers.

same here. Being this will be most likely our final visit I wanted to make it special. It’s already expensive enough this is way out of our budget.

Don’t worry, you won’t connect with a live person right away. So wake up in the dark hours of the night, dial in, fall back asleep to the Disney music and wake up again 8 hours later when that live person finally picks up. P.S. I’m a west-coaster, too 😄
“Hello? Hello? Ma’am? Hello???”

• Haha
Reactions: CJN
Does anyone remember how much the tickets were in 2019?

This is between a 50% - 100% increase depending on date. I'm a bit disgusted and dismayed the more and more it becomes clear that Disney looks like it throwing out any remaining hesitation to just charge for absolutely anything they can. I had doubted they'd be this dramatic but clearly their goal is now to take as much of what used to be just part of the Disney experience and make it available only to those who pay (and in may cases at the expense of those who cannot afford much beyond the base cost of the trip). After the investor call yesterday it's clear the goal is upsell, upsell, upsell and the only way to do that is to take away things that guests have come to expect to get people to pay for it.

Just got the email and it looks a lot more like MVMCP than the Halloween AH did for MNSSHP. Full parade, fireworks and "complimentary festive treats and drinks" will probably be more or less what they hand out at MVMCP. Wish they would have had the full parade and fireworks for the Halloween AH since we have rather done that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter