"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...that's an extra $400 for my family...plus time out of the party that I already paid $400+ for. So basically that is turning it into an $800+ party for a family of 4. Whoa....that's....that's a lot of cash. I hope everyone that books this enjoys it, but it's just not for me. Can't wait until party time, though!! Only 50 more days until trip time!

LOL! As soon as I saw the email I came straight to this thread and you had already posted the info.

I don't think it's a bad deal if you actually utilize the party. The food sounds good, the desserts sound decent and there's alcohol. It could replace an ADR. But I'm there for the party. I don't want to take time away from the party sitting somewhere eating and drinking. IF it included a fireworks view I would probably do it. We would arrive at 9:30, eat, watch the fireworks and then linger around for the second parade. That's already our plan for the party anyway. But for just the parade I would feel the need to stay at the restaurant and get my money's worth of food and drink and miss out on party festivities.

Considering the pros and cons at this time. I have 2 more days to decide. 1st year only doing 1 party, ADR at BoG, only night we can eat there. I had planned on viewing from that location, it's awesome, so that's not an option now. This would let me come straight to viewing area without using time to hold a spot. Extra $300 for my family though. $79 vs this $99, I would. We would be winding down by this time anyway for the 2nd parade, then seeing what's still available after parade, what we want to do. Umm. Decisions, decisions.

Considering the pros and cons at this time. I have 2 more days to decide. 1st year only doing 1 party, ADR at BoG, only night we can eat there. I had planned on viewing from that location, it's awesome, so that's not an option now. This would let me come straight to viewing area without using time to hold a spot. Extra $300 for my family though. $79 vs this $99, I would. We would be winding down by this time anyway for the 2nd parade, then seeing what's still available after parade, what we want to do. Umm. Decisions, decisions.

I wanted to watch the second parade from that location too.

Laughing at myself. Would $60 really matter at this point? :rotfl2: Disney getting all of my money. Party merchandise. Holiday merchandise. Jeez!

Man, Disney's website is just so bad. I was looking at the party page and it says that separate admission is required for the party.

Edit - NVM. I'm dumb. I read it to mean you need to use a regular day ticket in addition.

Just when I think I have a plan 21D in advance. :goodvibes

If either party offered both fireworks and parade I would purchase a party. But now they do two parties....one for fireworks and one for dessert. Smart move on Disney's part but dang it for me! lol

Are you planning to do treat stops for the complimentary cookies / beverages? This is our first party, too, and my kids are probably looking forward to the free cookies most of all! lol.
Yeah, we will take advantage of the free treats throughout the evening. Ultimately, that will be how we "meal" that evening most likely. I suppose someone in our party might pick up a QS meal somewhere for people to split, but free snacks in abundance? Yes please.

Based on reading the posts on here I know I am in the minority. Now we aren't going with kids so I know that makes a huge difference.

But are we the only ones that don't need to see a schedule before we go? We'll show up at 4 then decide what to do. For the parade, the fireworks and the shows we'll just find a spot about 10 minutes before each.
We will sit/stand in the back of the shows, stand off to the side, etc. And for the parade t
here is always a place that doesn't have a lot of people, especially over in Frontierland. It's nice not having a plan. There is no way we are going stake out a place and sit while the party is going on.

Now we can't be the only people doing this right?

Have fun!
Going with kids and grandparents and for that reason we definitely will be rolling up to events 10 min before the start time. Having the perfect viewing spot just isn't a priority for us.

Trying to get through the crowds on Mainstreet to Tony's to eat, then to Flagpole for parade, then back to Tony's if you so choose, does not sound like a fun time to me. At first I was exciited, until I really thought about it.

Based on reading the posts on here I know I am in the minority. Now we aren't going with kids so I know that makes a huge difference.

But are we the only ones that don't need to see a schedule before we go? We'll show up at 4 then decide what to do. For the parade, the fireworks and the shows we'll just find a spot about 10 minutes before each.
We will sit/stand in the back of the shows, stand off to the side, etc. And for the parade t
here is always a place that doesn't have a lot of people, especially over in Frontierland. It's nice not having a plan. There is no way we are going stake out a place and sit while the party is going on.

Now we can't be the only people doing this right?

Have fun!

We are there for the party festivities and to meet the dwarves. I don’t care about rides or cookies. We have ten day hoppers so plenty of time to ride rides. I do have a semi plan from last year’s schedule. Just something i wrote down that has the party specific shows and what times they are. I know i want to do the Tomorrowland party and frozen holiday wish. We won’t stake out spots for anything an hour before. We will do the second parade. We really are going in just to see the sights and enjoy the atmosphere. It’s our first party so we have zero expectations.

I really really want to go but I honestly cannot justify $100 pp for some "free cookies and beverages" and maybe the opportunity to see some characters in holiday costumes. With Disney selling WAY more tickets than before, the advantages are not outweighing the cost anymore. I have been to MNSSHP and I can justify that cost because you are allowed to dress up, as much candy as possible and I dunno, Halloween is better?!!? Can someone please explain why the Christmas Party is something not to miss!!!

I just feel I can spend $100 on cookies and alcohol on a non-party night and make my own party lol

I really really want to go but I honestly cannot justify $100 pp for some "free cookies and beverages" and maybe the opportunity to see some characters in holiday costumes. With Disney selling WAY more tickets than before, the advantages are not outweighing the cost anymore. I have been to MNSSHP and I can justify that cost because you are allowed to dress up, as much candy as possible and I dunno, Halloween is better?!!? Can someone please explain why the Christmas Party is something not to miss!!!

I just feel I can spend $100 on cookies and alcohol on a non-party night and make my own party lol

I’m not a fan of Halloween so I’m on the flip side of you. But i can see why people enjoy Halloween and the party. I love Christmas so the party appeals to me.

If it were just my husband and I going I would be all for this! But I have three young ones with us. No way they could make it that late. Wish it was for the first parade. Oh well. Do you think since it is at a restaurant that serves alcohol, they would have champagne? Or will it be sparkling juice like at the dessert parties?
I'm with you on this. I would book this in a heartbeat if it were for the first parade, even though we are going to Dinner at BOG and will likely not eat anything. Seems like a lot of money for the second parade which is typically less crowded.

I did send an email to WDW guest relations asking if an option would be added for the 1st parade....can't hurt right. Maybe if they know there's an opportunity to make more money they will come up with something

I'm with you on this. I would book this in a heartbeat if it were for the first parade, even though we are going to Dinner at BOG and will likely not eat anything. Seems like a lot of money for the second parade which is typically less crowded.

I did send an email to WDW guest relations asking if an option would be added for the 1st parade....can't hurt right. Maybe if they know there's an opportunity to make more money they will come up with something
Agreed - I would probably book it if it was guaranteed parade viewing for the first time, but 11pm with younger kids is too late (heck, I'll be falling asleep!). That being said, I haven't balked at any Disney add-ons for our trip next month (we're doing a dessert party, tour, and 2 EMM), but adding $100/head to the already $100/head party is hard to justify. I'm curious how well these sell.

Agreed - I would probably book it if it was guaranteed parade viewing for the first time, but 11pm with younger kids is too late (heck, I'll be falling asleep!). That being said, I haven't balked at any Disney add-ons for our trip next month (we're doing a dessert party, tour, and 2 EMM), but adding $100/head to the already $100/head party is hard to justify. I'm curious how well these sell.
I would imagine they sell fine. My husband is all for add-ons that make him feel special. I’m sure he isn’t alone in this. It’s usually me who is determining whether it is a good value.

I'm typically all about dessert parties and spending money on things that increase my comfort and reduce my wait times, but I'm a no for this Tony's party. $100 per person is the cost of an entire party ticket! I could literally spend that for a second party and just sit there the entire time and stake out a parade spot. I thought the dessert parties were worth it when the fireworks and parade viewing were both included. And I'm not someone who really likes desserts.
And this isn't like Fantasmic where you can choose another restaurant. I have an ADR at LTT the night of our party. If this was offered as an add-on for reserved parade viewing to that, I'd pay it and eat where I want.

Now, I have to try to figure out where to watch the 2nd parade from since they're taking the flagpole spot. Any suggestions? I assume the hub is going to be a madhouse. Also...why the heck are they coming up with this like 3 weeks before the first party when they force us to make ADR's 6 months in advance?? Grrr, I'm angry at Disney today. :sad2:

I'm typically all about dessert parties and spending money on things that increase my comfort and reduce my wait times, but I'm a no for this Tony's party. $100 per person is the cost of an entire party ticket! I could literally spend that for a second party and just sit there the entire time and stake out a parade spot. I thought the dessert parties were worth it when the fireworks and parade viewing were both included. And I'm not someone who really likes desserts.
And this isn't like Fantasmic where you can choose another restaurant. I have an ADR at LTT the night of our party. If this was offered as an add-on for reserved parade viewing to that, I'd pay it and eat where I want.

Now, I have to try to figure out where to watch the 2nd parade from since they're taking the flagpole spot. Any suggestions? I assume the hub is going to be a madhouse. Also...why the heck are they coming up with this like 3 weeks before the first party when they force us to make ADR's 6 months in advance?? Grrr, I'm angry at Disney today. :sad2:

So true. I would rather just buy a second MVMCP ticket.

Someone on another site pointed out that the offers are until 12:30 am so you can eat after the party and not waste any party time. Still not worth $100 IMO.

We are wondering the same thing about an alternate viewing spot. We have young kids and had planned to leave right after the 2nd parade. Frontier Land just seems such a far walk to get out when the kids are tired. And I don't want to have to sit and be squished on Main Street for an hour to wait.

Does the parade go all around the square? Could we choose a spot that faces the train station (I know, the view isn't as magical)? That way we can just walk out after it's done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter