"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

We also attended last night’s party! They let us in a few minutes before 4 pm. We headed to Space (FPs), then did the following: Buzz, Peoplemover, Jungle Cruise (FP), Magic Carpets, POTC, Splash, Big Thunder (3x), HM, Peter Pan, Parade #1 (great spot in front of Sleepy Hollow), Small World, fireworks, Mine Train, Pooh, Little Mermaid, Disney Jr Dance Party, Space, and Speedway (2x). We hit eight of the TOT spots. I grabbed the light-up ornament.

We had to wait about 15 minutes for Buzz (but park hadn’t closed yet), 10 minutes for HM and 15-20 for Peter Pan. Every other ride was a walk-on.

We watched the fireworks from the bridge to tomorrowland and then went immediately to 7DMT, where it took us less than 10 minutes from entering the queue to sitting down on the ride.

We did not do any characters or magic shots. We watched only part of the stage show (the 12 am as we headed out). And DS got the balloon he’d talked about the entire trip!

Great party!!! I’m glad I opted for Sunday instead of Friday.

The only thing I forgot was the Orange Bird card! :(

So, if Jack and Sally are starting at 4:30 what time should we be in the line? We go tomorrow, the 2nd.

What time does TOT officially start? When can we redeem allergy tokens? Any advice on the parade and best place?

Sleepy Hollow Event

Just wanted to pass along info regarding the Sleepy Hollow Event that @dachsie attended on Friday, Sept. 28th

"I did this for the 8pm show - not the dessert party. But I got a lunch cooler with a pin, lanyard, candy and cup. They had water and popcorn but I didn't get any popcorn. It was in large sealed bags and I didn't need a whole bag of popcorn to myself. lol"

View attachment 355196

2018 Report: Post #3327

2017 Review & photos can be seen here: Post #12

Has anyone done the Van Tassel Desert Party? Photos would be awesome too. Thanks so much!
Have not gone yet but there are some pics in this thread
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2018-return-to-sleepy-hollow-event.3705010/page-2

AWESOME! Other then the two HP shows, did you stay true to your itinerary?
Very true! The only thing we did differently was that we had more time than I originally though, so we end up meeting more characters. I’ll update this thread with a full review once I get to the airport on the 4th!

So, if Jack and Sally are starting at 4:30 what time should we be in the line? We go tomorrow, the 2nd.

What time does TOT officially start? When can we redeem allergy tokens? Any advice on the parade and best place?
We’ll want to in line no later than 3pm. You might be a few families behind but lines move quick and you won’t lose party time. Plan to alternate who gets the wrist band because they will check it ince 4pm rolls around
That's an awesome picture! What time did you get it taken at? What were all of the characters that you met?
Time stamp says 12:48am, I was back in my room by 1:50am. I met Jack and Sally, the Cadavers Dans, my friend met Alice, we met Donald, Daisy, Minnie and Goofy, saw Cruella but she was going out and couldn’t stop and the line for candy was too short too resist to wait her return!

9/28 Party report:

We got to the park around 3:45 and the line to get in was about 20 people deep. We waited in the shade since it was about 120 degrees (maybe a little exaggerated, but from a Minnesotan - it was freakin' hot!!). They started letting people in at 3:57 and the lines moved super quick - we got in a middle line and were in the park in just 5 minutes. Took about 5 more minutes to get our bracelets - by which point I was a sweaty mess - poor cast member that had to touch all those sweaty arms.

We did the trail of candy and then Carousel of Progress to cool down. Dinner at Skipper's Canteen - what a great place!

Since it was so hot we decided to skip all character meet and greets - just way too hot to stand in any line. We decided to just relax and take in all of the trick or treat places - something we never thought we would like, but we truly enjoyed. Especially the indoor ones - Monsters Inc and Country Bear were great, but Mickey's Philharmagic was the best - you can sit in air condition and watch Toad and Ichabod Crane - we relaxed there for over 30 minutes and then you get more candy on the way out :)

We then watched the parade by the Hall of Presidents, the fireworks in the same area and then Hocus Pocus show. At that point, did a little window shopping and then left a little after 11.

It was the most relaxing time we have ever had at one of these parties. No lines, no stress :)

Does anyone know if they are still selling the day of Military tickets even if the party is sold out?

Attended the 9/28 party.... Got to the park around 3:15 and our group was the first group lined up. We were let in around 3:55. Was able to use 3 fast passes (7DMT, BTM, Space Mountain) and wait for Splash, and Pooh prior to the party beginning.

Had a great time, ride times all night were very short. The longest we waited was 20 minutes for Peter Pan. The character greetings, and trick or treating seemed like a complete zoo but that did not affect our plans (no kids in our group). Weather was hot and steamy, even after a quick 20 minute downpour. Hotter than our visit this past 4th of July weekend.

Thought Pirates with the live actor was pretty lame, but knew that going in.

Watched the fireworks from the back of main street for a quick exit out of the park to our bus back to the resort. No complaints. Glad we got to see the park decorated for Halloween. Don't envision us going back specifically to the Mickey Halloween Party again.

Does anyone know if they are still selling the day of Military tickets even if the party is sold out?
I believe that yes you can buy military tickets at the ticket window at MK even if party is sold out as long as the party was eligible for military tickets. We did this last year but only at MK. Tried at epcot but they said i had to go to MK.

Any one looking to trade some of the mystery party pins?
I still have some big bad wolf's and shan yu looking for new homes.......
Looking for anything other than:
Big bad wolf
Shan yu
Hag
Oggie boogie
Hades

So i heard the only thing sold out currently is the HP pin right? Do they still have the light up ornament and the HP globe?
I did not see ANY Hocus Pocus merchandise on Friday night (anyone know where they’re hiding it if they still have any??)

We’re in line for 7dwarfs. 1 party of 3 in front of us. Bought the pass holder shirt. The lady running the line had a laminated page that had all the partymerch. The stitch pin. The Hocus Pocus and the Hocus Pocus spirit Jersey are the only things marked as sold out on her sheet. We are told 7dwarfs will start at 5:30 tonight! Hustle to Pooh and the tweedles next. Wish ya luck.

I did not see ANY Hocus Pocus merchandise on Friday night (anyone know where they’re hiding it if they still have any??)
Idk if it is still there, but I had my Dad pick me up a Hocus Pocus AP bag at the party he attended. He bought it in the Big Top store, and he said that he asked a CM for it and they were behind the counter at the register. Our party isn’t until next week. I hope they still have stuff.

We’re in line for 7dwarfs. 1 party of 3 in front of us. Bought the pass holder shirt. The lady running the line had a laminated page that had all the partymerch. The stitch pin. The Hocus Pocus and the Hocus Pocus spirit Jersey are the only things marked as sold out on her sheet. We are told 7dwarfs will start at 5:30 tonight! Hustle to Pooh and the tweedles next. Wish ya luck.[/

I am attending on Thursday, 10/4. Looking forward to hearing the timing on your meet and greets with 7 Dwarves and Pooh & Friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter