"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

So many characters we want to meet! Wish we had more time! I really want to meet the dwarfs but I think that will be put on the back burner because I think the kids willl enjoy Moana more. We have a 4:05 for BOG and then I guess head to Moana??

So according to Pete Werner on today's DisUnplugged, Disney has raised capacity for the party from about 20-22k to over 30k! Having attended the first party, I'm sad to say I believe this. We didn't plan on riding any rides, but ended up doing so because it was so packed. It was the only thing you could do without excessive waits. We couldn't even trick or treat, take photopass photos (no characters) or get a bottle of water for that matter without excessive lines. If you are planning on attending the party and haven't listened to today's show, you should. I hope Disney is listening and make adjustments.

So many characters we want to meet! Wish we had more time! I really want to meet the dwarfs but I think that will be put on the back burner because I think the kids willl enjoy Moana more. We have a 4:05 for BOG and then I guess head to Moana??
If you plan on lining up after BOG, be prepared to spend most of the party in line. Line for Moana was 3 hrs when we went and that was early in the night.

Just curious - what are ppl doing as far as riding HM? Is it best to FP it during the 5-6 timeframe, or ride it between 6-7 before the party officially starts, or ride during the party? Any advantages/disadvantages to any of these strategies? Thx!

So according to Pete Werner on today's DisUnplugged, Disney has raised capacity for the party from about 20-22k to over 30k! Having attended the first party, I'm sad to say I believe this. We didn't plan on riding any rides, but ended up doing so because it was so packed. It was the only thing you could do without excessive waits. We couldn't even trick or treat, take photopass photos (no characters) or get a bottle of water for that matter without excessive lines. If you are planning on attending the party and haven't listened to today's show, you should. I hope Disney is listening and make adjustments.
Is this available on YouTube? If you have the link do you mind sharing? Thanks!

Just curious - what are ppl doing as far as riding HM? Is it best to FP it during the 5-6 timeframe, or ride it between 6-7 before the party officially starts, or ride during the party? Any advantages/disadvantages to any of these strategies? Thx!

Personal preference of course, but I like to ride it during the party when it’s dark. The lighting and smoke outside just add to the whole atmosphere, in my opinion. Especially if you can ride it at a time - like right now according to the app - with a 13 minute wait time. :-)

This is terrible! Thanks for taking the time to post.

Did anyone end up going tonight? We are at Universal all week but ended up buying tix in advance. The rain scared us off, as it didn't appear go be clearing until after 9 and some rides were down. Disney agreed to give us an exceptional refund, which we appreciated. How were things impacted by the weather?

Did anyone end up going tonight? We are at Universal all week but ended up buying tix in advance. The rain scared us off, as it didn't appear go be clearing until after 9 and some rides were down. Disney agreed to give us an exceptional refund, which we appreciated. How were things impacted by the weather?
We are here. Having an awesome time! The rain kept people away earlier in the evening. It’s fine now. Hoping my family hurries off of Space Mountain so they don’t miss the fireworks.

Not surprised. Survey this thread. People are booking 3, 4 and 5 parties. Money is not a worry for them. Add in the frothing for anything marked, 'exclusive' - my god, I could sell tinfoil if I labeled it 'exclusive' and the folks shelling out big $$ for multiple dessert parties for a special place to stand during the parade. Why wouldn't Disney increase the crowds and the $$? From what I read here, most people would easily pay a few hundred $ for a picture with cast members dressed up as certain characters. They're already willing to wait hours of their party time. The impact will be absorbed - people will add a 6th, 7th & 8th party.

Most people don't like my suggestion, but I loved watching the fireworks from Frontierland, next to the water, across from Country Bears. I just walked right up and had no one in front of me.
I know you don’t post pictures of yourself, but I’d love to see how your pics turned out with the fireworks in the background! An MK fireworks photo is on my bucket list for sure! Hopefully there’s a way to crop yourself out of the shot so we can see how that looks. And where is the photographer located that you used? Thanks so much!!

I posted a youtube video some pages before where there is a m&g with mickey and minnie. This is my first party so I don't know if they are dressed in different costums.
What was the wait time for Mickey when you went to meet him?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter