Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

Since I've never ran a half, I'll get a PR as long as I cross the finish!
But I'm imagining that negative splitting may be in my future since the first 10k is around the parks and then it opens up in the streets. So maybe the forced "not out too fast" will help a burst at the end. But I could be totally wrong (Half newbie!!)

Same here since it will be my first half! I'm just hoping for decent corral placement so maybe I can make a few character stops without worrying about falling behind. Then I can pick up the pace out on the street.

I'm following the Jeff Galloway training plan and put in 7 miles today. Legs are a bit sore now, but I did improve my time!

In looking at race results from friends, it seems this course is about 5 mins faster than other Disneyland courses on their results across the board. Is there something to this course that makes it faster than other courses, such as Avengers or Disneyland half?

I was curious if it was flatter? Maybe better weather? Or something else??

In looking at race results from friends, it seems this course is about 5 mins faster than other Disneyland courses on their results across the board. Is there something to this course that makes it faster than other courses, such as Avengers or Disneyland half?

I was curious if it was flatter? Maybe better weather? Or something else??

Pixie dust?

But actually maybe because no stadium to run through? (Total guess)

Pixie dust?

But actually maybe because no stadium to run through? (Total guess)

Pixie dust should be the answer to everything related to this race. :thumbsup2

I know the stadium portions were very exposed for Disneyland Half and the last 5k was brutal due to lack of shade. the narrow paths along the riverbed made you slow down too.

Hmmm.... I may need to go drive the course when it's released to see what I'm getting into.

Does anyone know if the same pace groups will be at the Tink as the Princess? I just got home from Princess. It was my first half. I was really worried about finishing. After about mile three, I caught up to a 3:30 pace group and stuck with them until I lost them at a water station around mile 10. Without that group I'm not sure I would have finished. Long story short, I saw there were still slots for Tink and that Coast to Coast was calling my name. So, I signed up. I have two months to increase my pace and endurance but just wondering if the 3:30 pacers will be there. Also, are there balloon ladies in California too?

Thanks!

Pixie dust should be the answer to everything related to this race. :thumbsup2

I know the stadium portions were very exposed for Disneyland Half and the last 5k was brutal due to lack of shade. the narrow paths along the riverbed made you slow down too.

Hmmm.... I may need to go drive the course when it's released to see what I'm getting into.

You should drive between 3 and 6 mph to really make it accurate :)

ETA be careful driving through the castle :)

Oh

How do you show proof to get the challenge medal?

Kim

You must sign up for the pixie dust challenge (that's the only way to get the challenge medal) They give you a wristband at the expo when you pick up your bib which also shows PIxie dust challenge on it. Then you get your special medal after finishing the half at a tent area in the finisher chute (they can see in the system if you also finished the 10k the day prior)
It's not enough to sign up for 10k and half separately. Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
You must sign up for the pixie dust challenge (that's the only way to get the challenge medal) They give you a wristband at the expo when you pick up your bib which also shows PIxie dust challenge on it. Then you get your special medal after finishing the half at a tent area in the finisher chute (they can see in the system if you also finished the 10k the day prior)
It's not enough to sign up for 10k and half separately. Hope that helps :)

This isn't totally accurate.

Yes, you have to be registered for the PDC to get the medal (same with the other challenges), but they haven't done wristbands for the challenges (C2C is different and I'll address that below) in a couple years now. PDC had never had wristbands for that challenge (it's only in its third year this year).

What happens is they give you your bib (and it says it's for the challenge. They take your picture at the Expo. They compare your picture after the half (there is a special tent to go through) and then clear you to move through to get your PDC medal.

There was some confusion in 2015 because the instructions in the guidebook said we were supposed to do something after the 10K, but there was nothing to do. I still check every time I do a challenge, but in two PDCs, a Dopey, and a GSC, I've never had to do anything but take my picture at the Expo and get my challenge medal after the final race.

Now, C2C challenge medals DO use wristbands. You are given these at the Expo. These are the only wristbands still in use.

This isn't totally accurate.

Yes, you have to be registered for the PDC to get the medal (same with the other challenges), but they haven't done wristbands for the challenges (C2C is different and I'll address that below) in a couple years now. PDC had never had wristbands for that challenge (it's only in its third year this year).

What happens is they give you your bib (and it says it's for the challenge. They take your picture at the Expo. They compare your picture after the half (there is a special tent to go through) and then clear you to move through to get your PDC medal.

There was some confusion in 2015 because the instructions in the guidebook said we were supposed to do something after the 10K, but there was nothing to do. I still check every time I do a challenge, but in two PDCs, a Dopey, and a GSC, I've never had to do anything but take my picture at the Expo and get my challenge medal after the final race.

Now, C2C challenge medals DO use wristbands. You are given these at the Expo. These are the only wristbands still in use.

Can you go into a bit more detail on the C2C? Do you have to stop someplace to get the wristband? Or is it with the bib? Then, do you put it on before the half or sooner?

I appreciate the help!

Can you go into a bit more detail on the C2C? Do you have to stop someplace to get the wristband? Or is it with the bib? Then, do you put it on before the half or sooner?

I appreciate the help!

As I mentioned, you get them at the Expo. Specifically, you get them when you're doing bib pick up at Expo :).

There's a sheet you sign to indicate you've gotten your bib. It shows on your name line if you have any preorder pickups or any C2C challenges (blue, pink, Kessel, Chateau). They will put a color coded (that also states what it is on it) wristband on you. It's not something you can put on later.

So if you go to Expo on say Thursday, you'll be wearing the wristband(s) for about four days (minus some hours, but close enough). Do not remove it before you've completed the half. This is how they know you're in the running to get one or more of the C2C challenge medals.

Edit: attached a picture of what the blue C2C wristband looked like at Tink 2016.

Attachments

• IMG_20160505_202521537_HDR_1.jpg
    IMG_20160505_202521537_HDR_1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
As I mentioned, you get them at the Expo. Specifically, you get them when you're doing bib pick up at Expo :).

There's a sheet you sign to indicate you've gotten your bib. It shows on your name line if you have any preorder pickups or any C2C challenges (blue, pink, Kessel, Chateau). They will put a color coded (that also states what it is on it) wristband on you. It's not something you can put on later.

So if you go to Expo on say Thursday, you'll be wearing the wristband(s) for about four days (minus some hours, but close enough). Do not remove it before you've completed the half. This is how they know you're in the running to get one or more of the C2C challenge medals.

Edit: attached a picture of what the blue C2C wristband looked like at Tink 2016.

Thank you so much! I had a long time to research the Princess and had done the 10k and expos before. Now, signing up for the Tink two months before, and having never been to DisneyLand, has me a bit nervous! Thank you again!

Thank you so much! I had a long time to research the Princess and had done the 10k and expos before. Now, signing up for the Tink two months before, and having never been to DisneyLand, has me a bit nervous! Thank you again!

I think you're going to love DLR. It's smaller than WDW and a lot more laid back in terms of planning, but there's always something magical about it to me that I don't feel at WDW (don't get me wrong, I love WDW, but there's just... something different about DLR).

I'm easy to spot since I always walk around with a panda plushy balanced on my head. If you see me, feel free to get my attention and say hi. I will usually look around if I hear Kender, panda, or Jessica :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter