"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have an ADR at the Crystal Palace at 4:00pm on our first ever MNSSHP Sept 19th (so excited!!). We are using hopper passes, so we plan to arrive at the MK by 3:00pm. Do they give out the wristbands early? If not, is there somewhere near the Crystal Palace to pick them up or would I have to go all the way back to the entrance?

I have been keeping up with the thread but don't remember seeing if the projections were shown during fireworks at the party. Is it always the same for every party?
Yes, there are projections during Hallowishes. Nothing like HEA, but I'd still recommend viewing from in front of the castle.

We have an ADR at the Crystal Palace at 4:00pm on our first ever MNSSHP Sept 19th (so excited!!). We are using hopper passes, so we plan to arrive at the MK by 3:00pm. Do they give out the wristbands early? If not, is there somewhere near the Crystal Palace to pick them up or would I have to go all the way back to the entrance?

They do not give out wristbands early. You won't have to go all the way back to the entrance though, there are several locations throughout the park you can go and pick up your bands. I believe there's one in Adventureland, one in Fantasyland, and one in Tomorrowland.

Hello, I have a question: I will be going to my first MNSSHP and I have booked the Premium Dessert package as want the best place for the parade and fireworks...and since its our first party I want to have lots of included desserts! My question is this: with the premium package do we view the Hallowishes fireworks from the Terrace or do we view them on ground level? I watched a Disney vlogger and they were at the dessert party but viewed the fireworks on the ground, and I want this too. I mean I want to see the castle projections and I want to hear the Ghost Host talkng. Any insight would be so welcome! Thank you in advance!
If you have booked the Terrace dessert party, you will be viewing from the terrace. If you booked the garden viewing (which was just released last week), you will have the "ground viewing" - which is what I'm guessing you saw in the vlog? Neither dessert party include parade viewing this year, however.

No you dont need to go to the entrance. Just stop by any of these for bands:
Locations
Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland)
PhilarMagic (Fantasyland)
Buzz Lightyear (Tomorrowland)

1st post has a wealth of info, definitely read over it. So helpful and organized!

We are trying to decide which day to go to the party this year. October 9th or 10th are our choices. October 9th works best with our plans . It will be our 3rd day there with our 3 kids but my parents fly in that day around 11 am. We were going to sleep in/swim that am until my parents arrive, lunch and nap, and then go to the party that night with my parents. Then sleep in the next day and enjoy evening and EMH at Epcot the next day. But now I see that the 9th is projected to be very busy party day (assuming because it is a school holiday). Do you think the next nights party (Tuesday 10th) will be that much less crowded that we should change plans (do Epcot Monday evening with no EMH and MNSSHP Tuesday night instead?) But I guess Epcot could be pretty busy Monday night too with being a holiday and Food and Wine. Decisions, decisions....Which would you pick?

They do not give out wristbands early. You won't have to go all the way back to the entrance though, there are several locations throughout the park you can go and pick up your bands. I believe there's one in Adventureland, one in Fantasyland, and one in Tomorrowland.

No you dont need to go to the entrance. Just stop by any of these for bands:
Locations
Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland)
PhilarMagic (Fantasyland)
Buzz Lightyear (Tomorrowland)

1st post has a wealth of info, definitely read over it. So helpful and organized!

Thanks! I will look for one of those places.

We are trying to decide which day to go to the party this year. October 9th or 10th are our choices. October 9th works best with our plans . It will be our 3rd day there with our 3 kids but my parents fly in that day around 11 am. We were going to sleep in/swim that am until my parents arrive, lunch and nap, and then go to the party that night with my parents. Then sleep in the next day and enjoy evening and EMH at Epcot the next day. But now I see that the 9th is projected to be very busy party day (assuming because it is a school holiday). Do you think the next nights party (Tuesday 10th) will be that much less crowded that we should change plans (do Epcot Monday evening with no EMH and MNSSHP Tuesday night instead?) But I guess Epcot could be pretty busy Monday night too with being a holiday and Food and Wine. Decisions, decisions....Which would you pick?
There are a limited number of tickets sold to each party. I always recommend doing the party that works with your schedule the best.

How much would we miss (other than the bag of candy) if we don't do the bypass? We will be entering MK around noon on party day and our 7DMT FP will have us in Fantasyland when you can start picking up wristbands. Is it worth it to walk all the way back to Main Street to get our wristbands and do the bypass, or should we just pickup in Fantasyland and stay there until our 5:15 BBB appointment?

Depending on how the next month of parties goes, DH will probably be getting in line to save a spot for meeting Moana - hoping to time it so that we can meet her not too long after we get done with BBB.

All things being equal, I would do the party on the Tuesday. With your parents flying in, they could experience delays which would cause them to rush and not be able to enjoy the party as much. Plus you might benefit from it being slightly less busy in case people are leaving from their vacations as well.

I wonder when parties will start selling out this year, it's supposedly going to be such a crowded October!

How much would we miss (other than the bag of candy) if we don't do the bypass? We will be entering MK around noon on party day and our 7DMT FP will have us in Fantasyland when you can start picking up wristbands. Is it worth it to walk all the way back to Main Street to get our wristbands and do the bypass, or should we just pickup in Fantasyland and stay there until our 5:15 BBB appointment?

There are some Halloween statues and PP photographers taking pictures. The bypass is fun because it gets you in the party spirit but if you're not interested in walking back over there then you wouldn't be missing too much.

To the MNSSHP vets- would you rather a) go through MK security at a monorail resort around 3:15 before the party or b) get to MK via resort bus around 3:30 and do security at the park. Basically, we are staying at the Swan and could easily walk to DHS and pick up a bus to one of those resorts, or a bus from the Swan to MK :thanks:

On another note, got lots of Disney mail today :yay: was able to snag a passholder party shirt for DH on the app!

Are all of the main street magic shots and photopass photographers available after midnight? What about the one outside the train station (headless horseman)? We don't plan on being in the area from the time we get there until the time we leave (following one last attraction shortly before midnight).

Do we know for sure that tables are first come, first serve? On the Premium Package page of the website it says "Pre-assigned seating is available at the dessert party - every table has a great view of Cinderella's Castle." I know they changed the seating to first come, first serve a couple of years ago for the normal dessert party, but it sounds like it's assigned for the Halloween dessert party...
As someone who went on August 25th to the MNSSHP and did the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party, I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is how they are doing it this year.
I don't know how they did it in the past, but this year it's arrive anytime after 8:30 to claim your table, which you can pick out. Once you have your table, they put a reserved sign on it, and it's yours for the rest of the party.

To the MNSSHP vets- would you rather a) go through MK security at a monorail resort around 3:15 before the party or b) get to MK via resort bus around 3:30 and do security at the park. Basically, we are staying at the Swan and could easily walk to DHS and pick up a bus to one of those resorts, or a bus from the Swan to MK
Security is ultra fast at the resorts from the monorail stations and will be shorter than at the park. Still, we never waited more than 5-10 minutes at the gate at any day.
The MNSSHP line at 3:45 to get into the park is very long. On Aug.25th it stretched almost down to resort boats. By 5:00, when we entered, there was one person in line in front of us.

Security is ultra fast at the resorts from the monorail stations and will be shorter than at the park. Still, we never waited more than 5-10 minutes at the gate at any day.
The MNSSHP line at 3:45 to get into the park is very long. On Aug.25th it stretched almost down to resort boats. By 5:00, when we entered, there was one person in line in front of us.

I haven't been to WDW since last December. Security is now at the TTC, right? If you want to be at the front of the line at MK to get in at 4pm what time should we get to the TTC?

Not sure if this was answered yet, but are Drizella, and Anastasia meeting during the party. My DD and her friend are dressing up as them and would love to meet them if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter