"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a question: I will be going to my first MNSSHP and I have booked the Premium Dessert package as want the best place for the parade and fireworks...and since its our first party I want to have lots of included desserts! My question is this: with the premium package do we view the Hallowishes fireworks from the Terrace or do we view them on ground level? I watched a Disney vlogger and they were at the dessert party but viewed the fireworks on the ground, and I want this too. I mean I want to see the castle projections and I want to hear the Ghost Host talkng. Any insight would be so welcome! Thank you in advance!

When you get your MNSSHP bracelet, head on over to the Tomorrow Land Terrace and let them know you have a dessert party reservation. They will give you a lanyard (yours to keep). They will tell you to arrive back there anytime after 8:30pm. Fireworks start at 10:15.
Tables are first come, first serve, BUT, once you pick out your table, they will put a "reserved" sign on it and that is your table. After that, you are free to do what ever you want. You can eat, drink, sit down, or even leave! If you leave, you can come back anytime and your table that you picked out will still be there for you.

Because, reserved parade viewing is not included, if you want to see the first parade at 9:15, you will need to leave the Terrace to watch it. You can only see bits and pieces of the parade from the terrace and it's far away as well. Not recommended.
My suggestion would be either 2 things:

1) Check in at 8:30, reserve your table, and grab a spot for the parade. The parade should be over around 9:45 on main street. Head back to the Terrace, eat, drink, and watch the fireworks.

2) Check in whenever, eat and drink until you are nearly sick, watch the fireworks at 10:15, watch the 11:15 parade.

Oh, and yes, you will watch them from the Terrace's ground level.

Hello, I have a question: I will be going to my first MNSSHP and I have booked the Premium Dessert package as want the best place for the parade and fireworks...and since its our first party I want to have lots of included desserts! My question is this: with the premium package do we view the Hallowishes fireworks from the Terrace or do we view them on ground level? I watched a Disney vlogger and they were at the dessert party but viewed the fireworks on the ground, and I want this too. I mean I want to see the castle projections and I want to hear the Ghost Host talkng. Any insight would be so welcome! Thank you in advance!

When you get your MNSSHP bracelet, head on over to the Tomorrow Land Terrace and let them know you have a dessert party reservation. They will give you a lanyard (yours to keep). They will tell you to arrive back there anytime after 8:30pm. Fireworks start at 10:15.
Tables are first come, first serve, BUT, once you pick out your table, they will put a "reserved" sign on it and that is your table. After that, you are free to do what ever you want. You can eat, drink, sit down, or even leave! If you leave, you can come back anytime and your table that you picked out will still be there for you.

Because, reserved parade viewing is not included, if you want to see the first parade at 9:15, you will need to leave the Terrace to watch it. You can only see bits and pieces of the parade from the terrace and it's far away as well. Not recommended.

1) Check in at 8:30, reserve your table, and grab a spot for the parade. The parade should be over around 9:45 on main street. Head back to the Terrace, eat, drink, and watch the fireworks.

2) Check in whenever, eat and drink until you are nearly sick, watch the fireworks at 10:15, watch the 11:15 parade.

Fireworks viewing also depends on which dessert party you booked. The terrace view will remain at the tables on Tomorrowland Terrace. The Garden Plaza ($20 cheaper) will have dessert at the tables, then move to a fenced in garden area in front of the castle.

I have been keeping up with the thread but don't remember seeing if the projections were shown during fireworks at the party. Is it always the same for every party?

Is anyone else attending the party on Friday? The weather is looking real bad! 90% chance of thunderstorms for almost the entire party. Ugh!

I'm also attending that one and YES the weather is concerning. I live about an hour from Disney and I can say that we have pretty much had exactly that weather the last couple weeks. Thunderstorms lingering far into the evening. We're definitely picking up a couple fresh ponchos, making different shoe and costume choices and so on. I picked up a couple jumbo Ziplocs to put our stuff in. The only good thing is that it might cut down on how many people buy a ticket the day of the party. The bad part of course being that you don't get to do any of the stuff you were there to do, like the parades, characters and so on. I've already resigned myself to the idea that we're not going to see the Headless Horseman. I'm really hopeful that at least one parade will work out.

I'm also attending that one and YES the weather is concerning. I live about an hour from Disney and I can say that we have pretty much had exactly that weather the last couple weeks. Thunderstorms lingering far into the evening. We're definitely picking up a couple fresh ponchos, making different shoe and costume choices and so on. I picked up a couple jumbo Ziplocs to put our stuff in. The only good thing is that it might cut down on how many people buy a ticket the day of the party. The bad part of course being that you don't get to do any of the stuff you were there to do, like the parades, characters and so on. I've already resigned myself to the idea that we're not going to see the Headless Horseman. I'm really hopeful that at least one parade will work out.

Yeah I hear ya! I live in South Carolina and we're literally just driving down for the party and our next trip probably won't be until at least November of 2018.

In Disneyland Te hot ticket items are gone in September...the parties dont start their until the end of September. Last year I wanted that poison apple stein and so bad I thought that being there the first week of October would do it...nope. No apple cup for me. now imagine my chagrin when I heard that they came back in stock the last week of October...:headache:

I was lucky enough to get one of those at WDW - we went to the party on Sept 9!

Looks like the Hocus Pocus merchandise won't be available at all. There was some talk over on the news roundup thread. Not sure if it was mentioned here or not.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/news-round-up-2017.3568094/page-580#post-58123484
News

Disney pulls Hocus Pocus from merch preview

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...y-halloween-party-2017-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Yes, Post #6821.
News

Hocus Pocus Halloween Merchandise Recalled Before First Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

The news we are hearing from Disney insiders is that the merchandise simply did not show up in time for the first party. In addition, sources are suggesting it may not be available at all. Word on the street is that there is actually a legal/copyright issue with the items meaning that they may never be available for distribution. At the moment this is just speculation as we await official word from Disney on the matter. ---Chip & Co.

Is this scenario possible? Party night is Thursday 9/7.
In MK at 4.
FP for Tinker Bell 3:30-4:30.
Be at Jack Sparrow Pirate Tutorial before 4:30 start time.
??
I'm considering trying to move or cancel Tinker Bell FP for a later FP/standby time.
Pirate Tutorial is a priority. My boys are dressing up as pirates and DD is Tinker Bell.
Also, anyone have a recommendation for meeting Jack Sparrow during the party?
What time should we line up? Does his line slow down any?
thanks

Is this scenario possible? Party night is Thursday 9/7.
In MK at 4.
FP for Tinker Bell 3:30-4:30.
Be at Jack Sparrow Pirate Tutorial before 4:30 start time.
??
I'm considering trying to move or cancel Tinker Bell FP for a later FP/standby time.
Pirate Tutorial is a priority. My boys are dressing up as pirates and DD is Tinker Bell.
Also, anyone have a recommendation for meeting Jack Sparrow during the party?
What time should we line up? Does his line slow down any?
thanks

Others may have better advice - but I think it's doable as long as you are at the front of the line to get into MNSSHP. I'd arrive at MK no later than 3:15. If they let you in right at 4, you should be able to get through Tink's M&G and over to Adventureland by 4:20-25 ish. Walk with purpose, as my Grandmother would say.

Will also be there Friday. Navy son visiting just for a couple days before deployment so there's really not another option so we're just going to make the best of it. Going to be standing in the Moana line from the beginning evidently as that's the one thing he's requested to do the last many visits home.

I am also interested in the projection question - we used to love watching Wishes from behind the castle (near BOG area) for the 360 "around you" feel but don't want to miss important projections the only time we see Hallowishes. Any thoughts?

Also, I know people "love" the Hocus Pocus show but it really doesn't look like my thing from the youtube videos I've seen. Possible for me to get in like the 7 Dwarfs character line while DH/HS watch the 10:45 show and then join me? Or is this strongly frowned upon?

With them not having the poison apple stein or the Hocus Pocus merch there isn't anything I HAVE to buy. Fine Disney I'll keep my money and not use party time on shopping. No money for you o_O
I'm with you, i dont think there's any party exclusives I must have now.

Do we know for sure that tables are first come, first serve? On the Premium Package page of the website it says "Pre-assigned seating is available at the dessert party - every table has a great view of Cinderella's Castle." I know they changed the seating to first come, first serve a couple of years ago for the normal dessert party, but it sounds like it's assigned for the Halloween dessert party...

Looks like the Hocus Pocus merchandise won't be available at all. There was some talk over on the news roundup thread. Not sure if it was mentioned here or not.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/news-round-up-2017.3568094/page-580#post-58123484
News

Disney pulls Hocus Pocus from merch preview

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...y-halloween-party-2017-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Yes, Post #6821.
News

Hocus Pocus Halloween Merchandise Recalled Before First Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

The news we are hearing from Disney insiders is that the merchandise simply did not show up in time for the first party. In addition, sources are suggesting it may not be available at all. Word on the street is that there is actually a legal/copyright issue with the items meaning that they may never be available for distribution. At the moment this is just speculation as we await official word from Disney on the matter. ---Chip & Co.

WHOA! I wonder what they'll do instead? They've gotta have something right?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter