"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get in line at 6:45 pm without a party ticket.
Posted time is 90 minutes.
Exit line at 8:15 pm.
Since well over an hour after party started, CMs being less focused on those walking around.
Stick to crowded spot in HUB.
Parade is 8:30 with a show right after.

They block guests without tickets from stores, dining after 7 and bathrooms.

Not many rides have lines so long that you wouldn't still be seen and directed to exit .... except 7DMT.

AGAIN, we don't know if they are not operating these rides ......
........ just everyone guessing because they were left off the website.
But if there were any that could make sense, those two do.

No one is saying they aren't possibly reviewed to make sure they are appropriate but it is not a Disney site so I doubt anyone is checking their facts. They are not experts any more than many on here, probably less. They are not working for Disney. They are sharing their experiences and opinions, and are often glaringly wrong.

Most on here pay them no attention.

Until Disney announces publicly we don't know but I consider this .............

Disney received a question and took the time to answer the question ......
..... but they didn't take the few minutes it would take to upload those rides onto the list on the MNSSHP page???? I just looked, not there.

Have worked on websites, it's a very simple thing for them to do quickly. When you have a glaring error, you fix it.

Again we are talking Disney time which is completely different than other's idea of time.

But if you are going to pick a couple to accidently leave off, interesting they picked a couple that would make sense to close.
Again I agree with you people may use the lengthy line at 7DMT as a way to sneak into the party (at least for a little while to see parade). I just don't see how closing the ride for the party will change anything unless Disney changes policy. If the line was cut off early (say 6 ish) so that those in line already were finishing their rides around 7 then I could but (unless policy changes) Disney allows people to join the ride line until the park closes (and go on the ride after park closing). If they follow that policy it wouldn't change anything by "closing" at 7.

I think the hard ticket is exciting for her if you present it as if it IS exciting! Don't let her know you wished it was different and she'll be delighted!

Maybe you could make a little Halloween card and put it in, with a message like "Minnie Mouse invites you to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!" (Or whichever pass card you choose for her).

I was going to say maybe wrap it in Halloween paper/tissue paper with black and orange ribbon as well to make it more Halloweeny with a note!

I just had a feeling we were going to forget or lose our tickets so that's why I opted for digital/email.

She's going to lose her mind either way - we're giving her the tickets, a Jack Skellington magic band, and a Disney luggage tag as her gift about 6 weeks before we go. She keeps asking why she can't have a party this year (we have very small parties because she has a summer birthday, and her school isn't big on parties during the school year, so no one bothers with summer parties), and I keep telling her we'll do something special.

@cuteandfluffy626 the cards are connected to our MBs (the correct ones if you remember that panic I was in) so no worries if we do forget them.

For what it's worth, please don't plan to attend a party based on one ride. There is so much more to do and see at MNSSHP than the rides. And rides can (and do) go down all the time. It's never guaranteed any one ride will be open at any given time. I spent a boatload of money for my family to do EMM last summer, and one of the three advertised open rides was down (SDMT, which was the sole reason we purchased admission to this event). I complained, and Disney was nice enough to give me some anytime FPs, but they assured me that their fine print says that everything is always subject to change. I understand why it's upsetting to think that some of the major rides may be closed during the party, but just want to make sure everyone understands that just because it's posted as being open (or closed) on the website today, that isn't any indication of what may actually happen on any given night.

For what it's worth, please don't plan to attend a party based on one ride. There is so much more to do and see at MNSSHP than the rides. And rides can (and do) go down all the time. It's never guaranteed any one ride will be open at any given time. I spent a boatload of money for my family to do EMM last summer, and one of the three advertised open rides was down (SDMT, which was the sole reason we purchased admission to this event). I complained, and Disney was nice enough to give me some anytime FPs, but they assured me that their fine print says that everything is always subject to change. I understand why it's upsetting to think that some of the major rides may be closed during the party, but just want to make sure everyone understands that just because it's posted as being open (or closed) on the website today, that isn't any indication of what may actually happen on any given night.

Oh absolutely! I'm personally not going to the party just for the shorter lines of rides, like I said previously it's just an added benefit of doing the party. I am really excited for the parade and fireworks show! And I'm super excited for our costumes cuz this will be our first real Halloween-esque time together because of work, school, blah blah blah.

So, after ranting and raving on here a lot I talked to the DH about it and we were still going to go regardless.

I just like the option to do the rides. Lol. But I did get overly upset over this so I do apologize.

View attachment 237766 Everyone can calm down now. The website has been updated to add mine train. Assuming big thunder will be next.

Doubt it was a mistake - probably the power of the guest this go round. Good thing to remember - let them know when you are not happy with something ... certainly can't hurt.

@cuteandfluffy626

Don't apologize for getting upset! I was upset, I'm not apologizing. :rotfl:

For us (the two of us going), the price increase plus the perceived loss of two of the main rides, besides Splash, was too much to justify the cost. We are ones who like the party for shorter lines. We went on Thunder Mountain a few times in a row last party!
But yep, there are TONS of other things to do.

We all have our things that annoy us, this was mine... ;)

I purchased 6 party tickets in Oct 2016 and I received 100% refund.:-)

I called not 3 days ago to ask about a xmas party ticket I just bought but person can't go. Cast member on phone said immediately that those tix are not refundable or transferable. They are linked to reservations and wristbands so don't know if that's why.

I called not 3 days ago to ask about a xmas party ticket I just bought but person can't go. Cast member on phone said immediately that those tix are not refundable or transferable

Call again and talk to someone who can actually help you. Oh and if they can't ask to speak to a manager. CM word is not gold.

EDIT: Mine were too and I cancelled them one week before our departure day. It's best to call during regular hours too.

Last edited:
I called not 3 days ago to ask about a xmas party ticket I just bought but person can't go. Cast member on phone said immediately that those tix are not refundable or transferable. They are linked to reservations and wristbands so don't know if that's why.

You don't get the wristbands until you chec in at the party. If you mean magic bands those don't come until about 20 days prior to trip. I agree with Foxc63 call back and ask again or ask for guest services. :)

Is it typical that Jungle Cruise is closed as well? That's not on the list either. I'm assuming all the shows are usually closed--Carousel of Progress, Philharmagic, Presidents, Tiki Room, Enchanted Tales. I assume that's nothing new?

We attended Philharmagic and Enchanted Tales with Belle in 2015 during the party. The lines were super short, and later in the night grownups actually get a chance to be chosen for a role at Enchanted Tales.

This is exactly my situation! There's more to the party then the rides I realize, but it's just a plus that the ride lines are shorter and we can take advantage of that! Plus dressing up in costume and taking pictures on the rides in character you know?

Plus this is our first party and part of the reason we decided to go during this time too. We can't afford a big trip like Disney that often so this is special for us.

That's why I'm so upset about the rides possibly not being in operation.

But I hope the rumors aren't true. It would just be nice if someone could actually get information from somewhere other then the MNSSP page.

I'm hopeful that now that SDMT is up that BTMR will follow shortly.

@Roxyfire do you know if they have a dedicated line for AP holders at MK? TIA

I believe they just opened one at AK.

They most certainly do!

Does anyone happen to know what the earliest time is when the Sorcerer's of the magic kingdom card can be picked up? Is it at 7, when the party officially starts or 4, when you can enter the park?

I'm thinking about possibly doing a late lunch at Tony's (it's one of the few places we have yet to eat at), then watching the parade by the train station, and then hoping we can get our wristbands and Sorcerers card at 4:00 (and maybe even get in line for Jack and Sally). This way, we wouldn't have to walk up and down Main Street several times in a span of 2-3 hours.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter