******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there was talk yesterday of people not being able to drop a day from their FD reservations. Anyone have luck with it? The only way I could get our dates at POR was to book 8 nights instead of our originally planned 7. Thanks!

Yes I had to add 3 extra days to get FD. I talked to a CM and they put a request in to Guest Services. I got a confirmation email earlier today with the correct dates. The CM kept having glitches on her computer so I think that helped me get a request put in. I don't know if this is the norm or not.

Off topic but can someone tell me about the all star sports or music transport to parks.
We have been to AOA. CORanado AKL and Caribbean
Concerned how bad is shared bussing. We are park people so I'm questioning paying for a deluxe when we really only sleep at resorts.

Thanks
Hi, I didn't see that anyone had answered you yet, sorry if they have already. The shared busing is not bad, if you're Sports (1st) or Music (2nd) drop off and pick ups, then it's ok and pretty manageable when it happens. Movies is the 3rd pickup, and we loved the resort but hated the buses because of that. Now when we stayed at Sports, they did not always share, but it did sometimes happen during our trip. I personally would not worry about it unless you were at Movies. I'm sure you will be ok. Personally, I would choose Music over Sports, but if busing is your main concern then pick Sports as they are the 1st drop off and pick up. Hope that helps.

I haven't been keeping up with the thread because I was unsure if our group was going to book FD. I was busy yesterday when it came out, so I logged on the web site today around 10am and was pleasantly surprised to be able to switch all 3 of our reservations to FD at POR with no availability issues or web site issues. I upgraded all 3 of ours to the regular dining plan as well. We did have to change our room types - 2 of us had to upgrade to garden view and one of us is staying longer and had to take a river view. But for us, it ended up about $300 more but that also includes the upgraded room type. And considering the ADRs we have, it's most definitely a savings for us. I thought for sure it wouldn't work out so pretty happy about it!

Boooyyaaaahh. After checking online all day yesterday with no availability, I was just now able to book FD at Pop for September 5th - 19th.

$3082 for 14 nights, dining, and 10 day park hoppers. Not bad. I also got a good deal on flights!

This is the first trip that I am keeping a secret from my wife. I'll surprise her on our anniversary (also my birthday) 2 weeks before the trip.

Don't give up! I booked sports yesterday and really wanted music. Today it was open same dates I wanted! More stuff will open up as people's holds get released.

What do you like better about music than sports?......I'm trying to make decisions Thanks!

It's really messed up right now! I had something in my cart and was going to check out and it just kept spinning. Now I went back to the website and for me it's showing no free dining on any dates :) I'm pretty sure it's just a glitchy moment.

Hi, I didn't see that anyone had answered you yet, sorry if they have already. The shared busing is not bad, if you're Sports (1st) or Music (2nd) drop off and pick ups, then it's ok and pretty manageable when it happens. Movies is the 3rd pickup, and we loved the resort but hated the buses because of that. Now when we stayed at Sports, they did not always share, but it did sometimes happen during our trip. I personally would not worry about it unless you were at Movies. I'm sure you will be ok. Personally, I would choose Music over Sports, but if busing is your main concern then pick Sports as they are the 1st drop off and pick up. Hope that helps.

The last time I stayed at Sports (Oct/Nov 2015), we did not have to share a bus with any of the other All Stars. I guess it just depends on the crowd levels.

I finally got through today and had to switch from WL to AKL to get FD. Kind of nervous because I know nothing about AKL and WL is my absolute favorite but I've good things about AKL. And really happy FD because I did not want to pay OOP

I am going to try so hard to convince my DH to take a trip 8/16-8/20 (I'm even considering making a PowerPoint of why we should go LOL). So far Pop is still available for those dates. I want to make it more of a pool time/character meal trip since it will be super hot. I was just there in Feb and plan on heading back next April. My kids are little so pool time and character meals are big fun for them!

PS. Received my Visa email yesterday at 2:47PM EST.

I need some advice! :) I was able to modify my POP reservation yesterday to add FD. I've been back and forth between value and mod, but there were no mods available yesterday for my dates. Well, I checked this morning and there are standard rooms at CBR. There will be four of us in the room, two adults and two teenagers (one being 6'4"). I love the look of CBR, but am still nervous about the construction. So has anyone stayed at a resort during major construction and did it negatively impact your trip? We are going in September. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I finally got through today and had to switch from WL to AKL to get FD. Kind of nervous because I know nothing about AKL and WL is my absolute favorite but I've good things about AKL. And really happy FD because I did not want to pay OOP
AKL is fabulous. One of my favorites (WL is another fave). If you can, get a savanna view. It's really an experience you can't get at any other resort.

I need some advice! :) I was able to modify my POP reservation yesterday to add FD. I've been back and forth between value and mod, but there were no mods available yesterday for my dates. Well, I checked this morning and there are standard rooms at CBR. There will be four of us in the room, two adults and two teenagers (one being 6'4"). I love the look of CBR, but am still nervous about the construction. So has anyone stayed at a resort during major construction and did it negatively impact your trip? We are going in September. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
I think it depends mostly on how much time do you plan on spending at the resort. If you are going to be at the parks most of your vacation (like us), I really wouldn't let the construction deter you. We are staying at CBR and can't wait! It is our first time there and it looks so pretty!

Yes I had to add 3 extra days to get FD. I talked to a CM and they put a request in to Guest Services. I got a confirmation email earlier today with the correct dates. The CM kept having glitches on her computer so I think that helped me get a request put in. I don't know if this is the norm or not.

Each resort and each offer has a minimum number of nights and a maximum number of nights you can book. So sometimes when you call to reduce the number of nights of your stay (within your existing dates) their systems won't let them do it at first...some kind of run in with the minimum/maximum... and they have to have Guest Services make the change.

Will you have a car? I think not having restaurants at your resort is much less of an issue if you can hop in your car and go to another resort easily. If you have to wait for a bus, I wouldn't be too happy.

I think it depends mostly on how much time do you plan on spending at the resort. If you are going to be at the parks most of your vacation (like us), I really wouldn't let the construction deter you. We are staying at CBR and can't wait! It is our first time there and it looks so pretty!

We do spend most of our time at the parks, although this time, I do have one evening scheduled at the resort. It something about those hammocks on the little beaches that keeps pulling me in at CBR. lol What area were you going to request? Aruba or Jamaica looks like I could be away from construction some. Thanks!

Will you have a car? I think not having restaurants at your resort is much less of an issue if you can hop in your car and go to another resort easily. If you have to wait for a bus, I wouldn't be too happy.

No car for us. We usually eat breakfast in the room and spend most of our day in the parks, however, there's one evening though that we may want to eat at the resort. I'm just torn! lol

We do spend most of our time at the parks, although this time, I do have one evening scheduled at the resort. It something about those hammocks on the little beaches that keeps pulling me in at CBR. lol What area were you going to request? Aruba or Jamaica looks like I could be away from construction some. Thanks!
We are requesting either Jamaica or Aruba as well. I don't really like being in the "hub" of the resort but also don't want to be way out by the pirate rooms either. We are taking one day off half way through our vacation because the guys in our group want to go to NASA (my son is a space geek) and the girls want to explore the Christmas decorations at the resorts and go to Disney Springs. We are only renting a car for the day that the guys are going to NASA though.

Just curious, has anyone had any luck modifying an existing reservation at CBR w/the $75 gift card offer over Thanksgiving week? We're booked in a standard room 11/18-11/26 currently but no luck on changing online. We've got a backup plan at ASSports but I'm trying to take advantage of the GC offer as well as free dining. Haven't seen anything available except pirate rooms since the offer went live...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter