******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I am new to this quest for free dining. At this moment, I have reservations at POP for 9/30 to 10/07 at the enchanted room package rate. I would love to get the free dining package, but my dates cannot change. My question is: "Is it worth it to keep checking the site or should I just give up?" If it helps, my party consists of two adults and a five year old with no park hopper. I would get it to get the offer, but it does lessen my amount saved.

Totally worth it! Keep checking.

I agree- even if it lessens the amount saved, you're still saving! If it's not a major deal to you then there's no need to be obsessive and spend all day hitting refresh, but checking a few times a day could lead to you getting the discount when and where you need it :) good luck!

Thanks. Your story gives me hope. Did you check on the site or over the phone? If online, did you change your existing reservation?

Good because there is still hope! Found it online and changed it online with no problems at all. Good luck! Hope you get your dream trip too!

Hi guys,
I am new to this quest for free dining. At this moment, I have reservations at POP for 9/30 to 10/07 at the enchanted room package rate. I would love to get the free dining package, but my dates cannot change. My question is: "Is it worth it to keep checking the site or should I just give up?" If it helps, my party consists of two adults and a five year old with no park hopper. I would get it to get the offer, but it does lessen my amount saved.

For me- having a kid who's 4 and one who is 10- dining alone is worth it. I upgrade to the regular plan and we do just about every TS meal as a character meal.

I agree- even if it lessens the amount saved, you're still saving! If it's not a major deal to you then there's no need to be obsessive and spend all day hitting refresh, but checking a few times a day could lead to you getting the discount when and where you need it :) good luck!
True. I had the POP reservations for months. This morning, I was able to change it to the Enchanted Package. It saved me about $80. LOLOL It is savings.

Has anyone had luck with the Disney Visa extended FD days? I saw the deal yesterday, but didn't book anything because I couldn't get onto my MDE account to update my current package. I'm actually traveling there Aug 14-21st, so this would might actually helped me out; but I can't get a call through. I did finally get into the website by using a different browser, but the deal is now gone. Any thoughts?

Yes! Mine would not update but after being on hold forever yesterday and talking to a CM and then Guest Services, they were able to add the Disney Visa FD to my reservation. For some reason the promotion isn't always showing up online but it's still out there.

I just wanna say that I still HAVEN'T received a email from Disney Visa... So much for being a member lol.

Yep, same here. Never got an email and it only sometimes appears as an option online.

I just wanted everyone to know that there is hope, especially in the coming days and weeks to be able to book or modify for free dining, I was able to yesterday as I kept checking. I was able to modify my CBR reservation king bed for 9/16-9/22 all online with no glitches. Keep trying everyone! Good luck.

For me- having a kid who's 4 and one who is 10- dining alone is worth it. I upgrade to the regular plan and we do just about every TS meal as a character meal.
That is similar to our situation. Lots of character dining. I should have got up early yesterday to try, but I couldn't risk being so sleepy at work. I teach. Fortunately, dining reservations were during spring break. Because of my job, my dates are not flexible and we really want to stay at POP. If we don't get it, then it will be ok. But, the quest is fun.

Yes! Mine would not update but after being on hold forever yesterday and talking to a CM and then Guest Services, they were able to add the Disney Visa FD to my reservation. For some reason the promotion isn't always showing up online but it's still out there.

Yep, same here. Never got an email and it only sometimes appears as an option online.

What was weird for us? We found the resort with FD offer we wanted on Chrome. But Chrome won't show me a changed reservation link, just the circle. I logged on incognito and could use the change reservation link but it didn't show that offer. We went to Edge and it had both....? So try different things too.

I just wanna say that I still HAVEN'T received a email from Disney Visa... So much for being a member lol.

Me neither!

I have 3 different Visa chase cards and have had them for about 7 years - I never get emails from them although I am opted in. The only emails they send me are the ones telling me I can upgrade to their yearly fee card or payment notifications when I make a payment online.

I know there was talk yesterday of people not being able to drop a day from their FD reservations. Anyone have luck with it? The only way I could get our dates at POR was to book 8 nights instead of our originally planned 7. Thanks!

First of all I want to thank Black, Steve and Ron for their valuable information! Some of you guys know how important this trip is to me, my daughter is very critically ill and I wanted this trip as a chance for her, my SIL, grandson and myself to have what is quite possibly our last family trip together. Thanks to knowing when dining was going to drop I was able to get free dining for the exact dates and resort we wanted (All Star Sports). I also was able to upgrade to DDP. The best part was I saved enough for us to be able to afford the Star Wars Fireworks dessert party AND we're going to do MNSSHP! I am so happy we have the opportunity to do this in this difficult time.

The only issue I had booking yesterday was I could only book standard view on one room, when I went to upgrade the second room only preferred was available. But I got some pixie dust today, I checked and was able to change the preferred room back to a standard room! I really wasn't expecting to be able to change it this soon, but was very happy to be able to do it.

Also need to thank the wonderful people here. I've been on the disboards a long time but never posted a lot because sometimes people could be sarcastic, or even a bit mean. This is the warmest, most helpful group I've ever encountered! So I thank all of you as well.

Terri
I just want to tell you thank you so much. I've been sitting here for the last day being so stressed about having to upgrade and the cost that I forgot what our trip was about, making memories. I lost my uncle last year from cancer that moved very quickly and two weeks to the day I suddenly lost my Mom and I sometimes forget that those around us can be gone so quickly so in the end if it's financially feasible every penny is worth it. I hope that you have an incredible trip and it is filled with pixie dust.

I was up with everybody yesterday when the free dining dropped unfortunately I decided that it wasn't going to drop until later put down my phone for 15 minutes and of course it drops soon as I put my phone down and when I come back all of the standard rooms at the Caribbean Beach resort under free dining we're gone. I have been looking yesterday and today and calling them and trying to switch our room. No luck so far. Right now we have the pirate room with the free dining but that won't work because my husband is 6'4"and a full-size bed is not going to work. I hope that we are able to get it we're going over on November 14 and checking out on the 19th.

I have 3 different Visa chase cards and have had them for about 7 years - I never get emails from them although I am opted in. The only emails they send me are the ones telling me I can upgrade to their yearly fee card or payment notifications when I make a payment online.

I still haven't received the email yet for this dining deal. I usually get the emails from them when there is a deal but it's usually mid-day when the deal starts early in the morning. This time nothing so far. I was able to use the link posted here to check out the options and I almost booked one so I do believe I could have gotten the deal. I was only able to see the visa deal on the disney site after I clicked the link on this page. So annoying since I have my Disney Visa saved on my profile and use it to book other trips. If I got logged out the visa deal would disappear and I had to come back and click the link again.

That is similar to our situation. Lots of character dining. I should have got up early yesterday to try, but I couldn't risk being so sleepy at work. I teach. Fortunately, dining reservations were during spring break. Because of my job, my dates are not flexible and we really want to stay at POP. If we don't get it, then it will be ok. But, the quest is fun.

Don't give up! I booked sports yesterday and really wanted music. Today it was open same dates I wanted! More stuff will open up as people's holds get released.

Free dining is MINE! :dogdance:

Luckily my vacation fell in the Disney Visa extra days window. I couldn't modify online, but I was able to call (after 40 minutes on hold and at least 10 attempts over a few hours to even be allowed to get in the hold queue). The price is almost exactly the same as my previous package (I just booked a standard room at CBR; and should be able to keep my $75/night gift cards), but I get the park hopper option that I didn't have on my package before.

Now I need to see if I should make different Advanced Dining Reservations considering I have the park hopper option now... I'm sure there's not much available since everyone now has dining packages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter