******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I want to thank Black, Steve and Ron for their valuable information! Some of you guys know how important this trip is to me, my daughter is very critically ill and I wanted this trip as a chance for her, my SIL, grandson and myself to have what is quite possibly our last family trip together. Thanks to knowing when dining was going to drop I was able to get free dining for the exact dates and resort we wanted (All Star Sports). I also was able to upgrade to DDP. The best part was I saved enough for us to be able to afford the Star Wars Fireworks dessert party AND we're going to do MNSSHP! I am so happy we have the opportunity to do this in this difficult time.

The only issue I had booking yesterday was I could only book standard view on one room, when I went to upgrade the second room only preferred was available. But I got some pixie dust today, I checked and was able to change the preferred room back to a standard room! I really wasn't expecting to be able to change it this soon, but was very happy to be able to do it.

Also need to thank the wonderful people here. I've been on the disboards a long time but never posted a lot because sometimes people could be sarcastic, or even a bit mean. This is the warmest, most helpful group I've ever encountered! So I thank all of you as well.

Terri
Wishing you pixie dust and prayers for a wonderful vacation!pixiedust::hug:

Off topic but can someone tell me about the all star sports or music transport to parks.
We have been to AOA. CORanado AKL and Caribbean
Concerned how bad is shared bussing. We are park people so I'm questioning paying for a deluxe when we really only sleep at resorts.

Thanks

Last edited:

Still can't change.. I am currently booked at Contemporary Standard view Nov 16-22- TA was unable to modify. I booked FD Contemporary Garden view Nov. 16-25. Talked to CM yesterday who tried to change and couldn't, so she sent a request to guest services to edit the dates because her system kept having glitches. She said I would get a confirmation email of the change. Now still nothing. Does this mean that they aren't going to change it???????

Meant to quote this:

I got it changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally booked our trip! DH and I are heading there 11/25 staying at CSR. Unfortunately, we had to cut the trip a day shorter than normal because CSR is STILL unavailable on 11/30 (has been for months), but 5 nights should be more than enough seeing as we continue to go back year after year, even after swearing we will go somewhere else next time. We have a preferred room but hoping to switch down to a standard if one becomes available. We settled on QSDP and will decide later on if we want to upgrade to DDP once I sort out schedules and ADR's if we decide to go that route. Now to be on flight watch and hope prices don't go up before we book!

Not sure if it has been announced yet, but they just released more rooms for POP the very last week in August going into September. Yesterday I spent hours on the phone and online with availability only being a standard pool view. Today all four options are available.

Ok...haven't been on here's in a very long time....so I have a question...ok my best friend and i have booked POFQ with deposit in hopes we can get FD ...but now they are saying there is only a certain amount of FD for each resort. And now we can not get it...I'm so upset..true or not

Not sure if it has been announced yet, but they just released more rooms for POP the very last week in August going into September. Yesterday I spent hours on the phone and online with availability only being a standard pool view. Today all four options are available.

That's great news! I hope they do the same for the month of November

Ok, maybe someone can help me...I got FD at ASMu suite yesterday, total at checkout was $7405, and soon after I got a confirmation email saying that was the package price. I paid most of it, and today I got a payment received email saying my package total is $6460. Really confused. I paid $6000 on it yesterday, that has nothing to do with the package price though. The email says I owe $460 more by October 26. Why would there be a $1000 difference in the package?

Hi, Off Topic....If I am staying at Poly and want to go check out Beach Club pool, can we? I know not for a full swim but just to walk around it and maybe dip our feet (in clothes, not bathing suits) or is there a gate that only Beach Club patrons can get into?

Go to Guest Services outside of a park and get this done before you enter. Also, check your tickets as soon as you enter to see if the prioritizing worked. I think the cm's at the tap styles can scan your MB and see which tickets were used.

We had tickets prioritized last year, and they still used the wrong ones. So be careful.

Ok thank you

Not

Not sure if they can take care of it at the resort, but definitely one of the Guest Relations widows at one of the parks or Disney Springs. Even after you have them designate in your account the tickets that you want to make primary, you still need to watch your MDE account to make sure everything stays correct. We had APs last August and additional park hopper tickets that were purchased as part of the free dining promotion. I made sure to have them assign our APs as our primary tickets for our trip, but I happened to be looking on our MDE account a couple months later and noticed that my son no longer had a 10-day hopper. After a mild panic attack, I called Disney and they were able to reassign his tickets.

Ok thank you. I've never had multiple sets of tickets before so it's a little intimidating, lol.

Ok...haven't been on here's in a very long time....so I have a question...ok my best friend and i have booked POFQ with deposit in hopes we can get FD ...but now they are saying there is only a certain amount of FD for each resort. And now we can not get it...I'm so upset..true or not
POFQ is not included in any FD offers. If you want FD you'll have to change resorts, I'm afraid. And do it quick because they are filling up! POR has some availability in August and September, but not later.

POFQ is excluded from FD, should be a RO discount for August-Early October

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter