******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I want to thank Black, Steve and Ron for their valuable information! Some of you guys know how important this trip is to me, my daughter is very critically ill and I wanted this trip as a chance for her, my SIL, grandson and myself to have what is quite possibly our last family trip together. Thanks to knowing when dining was going to drop I was able to get free dining for the exact dates and resort we wanted (All Star Sports). I also was able to upgrade to DDP. The best part was I saved enough for us to be able to afford the Star Wars Fireworks dessert party AND we're going to do MNSSHP! I am so happy we have the opportunity to do this in this difficult time.

The only issue I had booking yesterday was I could only book standard view on one room, when I went to upgrade the second room only preferred was available. But I got some pixie dust today, I checked and was able to change the preferred room back to a standard room! I really wasn't expecting to be able to change it this soon, but was very happy to be able to do it.

Also need to thank the wonderful people here. I've been on the disboards a long time but never posted a lot because sometimes people could be sarcastic, or even a bit mean. This is the warmest, most helpful group I've ever encountered! So I thank all of you as well.

Terri

I haven't booked anything yet because our dates are kind of up in the air. Looking at mid November through mid December. I really wanted the week after thx but my co-worker already snagged those dates for something else and we cant take off the same time. Thus my indecision. Anyway, long story short, I haven't been past the first week of December . Does it get crowded say Dec 10-15? I cant remember the website for the free crowd calendar and was hoping someone would remember off the top of their head about when the crowds increase for xmas. Thanks!

First of all I want to thank Black, Steve and Ron for their valuable information! Some of you guys know how important this trip is to me, my daughter is very critically ill and I wanted this trip as a chance for her, my SIL, grandson and myself to have what is quite possibly our last family trip together. Thanks to knowing when dining was going to drop I was able to get free dining for the exact dates and resort we wanted (All Star Sports). I also was able to upgrade to DDP. The best part was I saved enough for us to be able to afford the Star Wars Fireworks dessert party AND we're going to do MNSSHP! I am so happy we have the opportunity to do this in this difficult time.

The only issue I had booking yesterday was I could only book standard view on one room, when I went to upgrade the second room only preferred was available. But I got some pixie dust today, I checked and was able to change the preferred room back to a standard room! I really wasn't expecting to be able to change it this soon, but was very happy to be able to do it.

Also need to thank the wonderful people here. I've been on the disboards a long time but never posted a lot because sometimes people could be sarcastic, or even a bit mean. This is the warmest, most helpful group I've ever encountered! So I thank all of you as well.

Terri
Terri, I wish you and your family the most magical and memorable trip ever. I'm happy to hear you got what you needed.:hug:

Still can't change.. I am currently booked at Contemporary Standard view Nov 16-22- TA was unable to modify. I booked FD Contemporary Garden view Nov. 16-25. Talked to CM yesterday who tried to change and couldn't, so she sent a request to guest services to edit the dates because her system kept having glitches. She said I would get a confirmation email of the change. Now still nothing. Does this mean that they aren't going to change it???????

If anyone sees Cont. or Poly Nov. 16-22 I can just book a whole new reservation. ANY help is appreciated. Taking my mom for her 65th and DS for his 7th. Her only request was to try a monorail resort- she hasn't been in 20 years.

I'm looking for similar dates at the Poly - Nov 18 - 25. And I actually have a reservation for those dates, but not with FD. I'm refreshing my screen once an hour or so, hoping FD will be available for those dates. If it magically appears, should I just book a brand new res myself, rather than calling my TA and asking her to modify? I'm afraid it may disappear before I get to her. Will the system let me book a new res for the same dates I already have a res at that resort?

Hey there! Hope everyone got what they wanted or was able to figure something out... Here's my situation: I am planning for myself & 3 boys and my parents. Typically we stay at POR w/ FD (reg DDP) and usually go in Sept. This year we were planning a Nov 10-19 trip and hoping for cooler temps. POR was excluded for later dates and now moderates are only QS so we have to upgrade the DP plan. My parents budget is around $3,000 so different plans I have come up with are:
Nov 14-20 @ Caribbean (pirate room) FD w/ TS upgrade, 4 day hopper $2,972.23 (he's upset because it's a lot less days)
Nov 14-20 @ POFQ (std room) PAID TS DP, 4 day hopper $3,078.06 (he's upset because it's a lot less days)
Nov 13-20 @ POR (std room) PAID TS DP, 3 day tix $3,380.46 (still upset about losing a day and paying more)

Nov 10-19 @ AoA Family Suite for all of us, PAID TS DP, 4 day tix was around $8k. I told my dad to pay his budget of 3k and I would cover the rest but so worried about all of us staying there. 3 adults and 3 boys, 9, 5 & 3. Looking for all advice and input. Thank you!!

I haven't booked anything yet because our dates are kind of up in the air. Looking at mid November through mid December. I really wanted the week after thx but my co-worker already snagged those dates for something else and we cant take off the same time. Thus my indecision. Anyway, long story short, I haven't been past the first week of December . Does it get crowded say Dec 10-15? I cant remember the website for the free crowd calendar and was hoping someone would remember off the top of their head about when the crowds increase for xmas. Thanks!
We went that time a few years ago and it was fine. We are going again this year during that time. I think the crowds start to pick up around the 22nd or so. I didn't think the second week was that bad. And it's so beautiful at Christmas time!:santa:

We really enjoyed that week when we went. It will get crazy the few days before Christmas and steadily crazier every day after but you should be good the 10th to the 15th and the parks are just beautiful that time of year.

That's amazing! I have only visited GF but that is my dream resort also! It is so beautiful. If you can, eat at Narcoossee's and time it for the fireworks and electrical water pageant. Such a great experience.

Thanks for the tip!

That's funny because I can get Sports standard for 6 nights but not 7. What are your dates? They must have more "6 day" allocations for the promo. I'm not sure if you will be able to add a day easily, but there was mention that being transferred to "guest services" may give you the pixie dust you need to lose that extra day. Worth a call.

On another note, you have a similar mindset as me...cheap as possible for this trip! I know my son and husband will love the theming but I'm not as into it. I am nervous about staying at Sports. I've only stayed at POR, Pop and BC. Any thoughts on Sports to ease my mind? Thanks and good luck!

I would think so but I keep reading posts about how disney has gotten difficult about adding/dropping days now.

I was able to get on this morning and modify to the dates I need! Yay, that was easy!!

We went that time a few years ago and it was fine. We are going again this year during that time. I think the crowds start to pick up around the 22nd or so. I didn't think the second week was that bad. And it's so beautiful at Christmas time!:santa:
Thanks! I am leaning towards then b/c I love Christmas at WDW and the last time we went in mid November all the resorts weren't decorated yet. We like to go around to the monorail resorts and look at the deco (and WL), also there is the santa history at each of the countries in Epcot and the candlelight processional. So if it is not much more crowded then like you are saying, I'll probably start looking daily to see what I can find at CSR, or maybe even BC (my dad has always wanted to stay at a deluxe and we both have a lot of Disney visa points to use this year which can go towards the difference so I'm thinking we may go for it). Thanks!

We really enjoyed that week when we went. It will get crazy the few days before Christmas and steadily crazier every day after but you should be good the 10th to the 15th and the parks are just beautiful that time of year.
Ok great, thanks! That eases my mind somewhat. We are low crowd people...we like to go when its cooler and less ppl. Sounds like we would be ok then.

I grabbed an extra reservation with different dates yesterday while I was waiting for my TA to iron things out with my original reservation/dates, and now I will be cancelling it. It is CBR standard room with free dining 9/16-9/24. Does anyone want this? I can try to coordinate cancelling it, if so!

So after playing around with different scenarios, which includes a split stay, with 1 of the resorts falling under the Visa offer. I can use my UOC and the goal is between the 2 ressies to have 1 deluxe and 1 mod.
Currently I have no DP so OOP, with CR garden 2 days, POR garden for 5, 7 day PH. So far cant get QS FD at POR because only RR, don't want that. Hoping to get the PH tickets activated 2 days early. Question 1: That works, right?
There is another option which is POR pool for 2 days, and then Saratoga Springs regular for 5 with FD. This would be the whole dining package, not the QS. Question 2: Anyone used the pull out couch bed, is it ok? Its for the 2 teenage boys. don't they have a nice deck too?
The price difference amounts to $706.65 for the whole trip, but I have the dining paid for now for 5 days.
WWYD?

Last edited:
I grabbed an extra reservation with different dates yesterday while I was waiting for my TA to iron things out with my original reservation/dates, and now I will be cancelling it. It is CBR standard room with free dining 9/16-9/24. Does anyone want this? I can try to coordinate cancelling it, if so!
I need this!

We will be in the room Just to sleep. My husband and kids are just excited to be at Disney world, I'm the only one that worries about the details:).......I didn't even think about the cabin being far from the bus, I was thinking value resort would be more of pain for buses but I should look into that, thank you!
I've been to AOA and I know the rooms are not that far from the busses and there is only one bus drop and if you really get in a bind you can just hop on the PoP bus and walk across the bridge to AOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter