******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fell back to sleep, missed out on my first 3 choices but booked AKL

We wanted Standard All Star Sports room for 9/5 - 9/16. But for those dates, no value rooms were showing at all. I tinkered with the reservation a few times, and actually ended up finding availability by adding an extra day (don't really understand the logic of that lol). So I was able to book Preferred Pop for 9/5 - 9/17. I will keep checking for our original dates though.

Good. I bit the bullet and booked there for only $200 more than a RGS at PO. I hope my boys like it.
Good. I bit the bullet and booked there for only $200 more than a RGS at PO. I hope my boys like it.
Beautiful,big rooms, pool is great! There is NOT a food court like at POR. If you like eating lots of QS meals st your resort, choose again. My family, though, can't wait to go back. If you want less time bussing around the resort, request rooms to the left as you pull in (not sure what that section is called). The last stop to pick up and go to parks is the lobby stop, which would be that area (granted, last to drop off at night, but less of a deal for us). 2br villa is huge!!!

I was able to book something FD for our trip, but would like to see if my 1st 2nd or 3rd choices become available. I've seen people discuss watching for rooms to be released (due to cancellations). Can anyone tell me if there is a certain time of day Disney releases such rooms or if it's sporadic?

ugh! I wanted WL. It wouldn't let me check out using IE. So I went to Chrome and saw the rooms were gone. I booked CBR, but not sure if it will work for us. But WL is still showing standard rooms in IE? Any idea why?

Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted!

I'm still waiting to see how mine will pan out. My awesome friend/TA was awake when FD dropped but unable to get CBR for our dates, but she put a hold on Saratoga Springs. We're supposed to be eligible to switch to SSR since we booked at CBR before the construction was announced, so fingers crossed that will work out when the phone lines open!
Do we still get free dining if we switch there and do we have to pay to upgrade?

We have had reservations for Pop for a few months. I got up at 4:30 central and tried and tried to change them to Free Dining and nothing worked. I would only get the room discount. Then I had the idea to log out and try again - and BINGO - made new Free dining reservations in 10 minutes. The only minor problem is that I now have 2 reservations and it won't let me cancel the old one at this time. Will try later tonight when things calm down.

Off to work a happy camper!!
tried it.....didn't work.

So I had already booked Pop as back up- standard room , 11/25-12/2 with 6 day passes, PH, 3 adults 1 kid and it was a little more than sports or music. This morning I had to book sports and it was more than my pop reservation. Did they slightly jack the prices up??

if calling don't hang up when you hear "we are experiencing technical difficulty" ...i hung up twice before I listened long enough to realize i should stay on the line.
holding now...

I was able to book something FD for our trip, but would like to see if my 1st 2nd or 3rd choices become available. I've seen people discuss watching for rooms to be released (due to cancellations). Can anyone tell me if there is a certain time of day Disney releases such rooms or if it's sporadic?
Seems sporadic, but lots of folks try after initial 72 hours as TA holds are expired

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter