******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
But did you add your extra days before the March 20 (I think that was the date?) cut off? I made a res on March 8 and got the GCs. Then I called up to modify it to add 2 days, but I did this on March 15, so those 2 extra days get the GCs. Perhaps if people are modifying after the March 20 cut off, the GCs won't be given for the additional days added to the reservation.
I added the extra day last week. Since my original reservation was before March 20th, it does not affect the GC offer. They go off when the reservation was made.

I feel like so many more people have a heads up on the free dining drop this year. I just received an email from a WDW newsletter that I'm subscribed to and the writer mentioned that she would be setting her alarm early Monday "just in case" Free dining is released.

I think I know who you're talking about and she said the same thing last year, which was one of the ways I found out when FD dropped. I think the more you immerse yourself in the FD watch, the more it seems like a lot more people know about it.... I felt the same way!!! :earsboy:

:offtopic: I was looking to see if CBR had anymore standard or water view rooms available for my week but when I put in my full week the only thing that shows up are the Pirates Rooms. However, when I look in smaller date increments (3 days at a time) the standards and water view rooms show up for ALL of my dates of the week....why don't they show up for the whole week?:sad2:

a few questions...

Do standard rooms at value hotels qualify for FD? or do i need preferred?

What about tipping with the regular plan? what will happen if you tip not enough?
I will tip the amount i want for the dinners i ate..Often more than 18/20 but sometimes less. Is tipping mandatory?

Is it better to book now? will i be able to add the FD and tickets later online?
Or shall i wait till it drops

A few weeks ago i made two reservations for in total 3 weeks..one was online..one by phone. I had to cancel last week..I got the deposit back from the phone reservation, but from online not yet.. Is it possible that takes longer?

I think I know who you're talking about and she said the same thing last year, which was one of the ways I found out when FD dropped. I think the more you immerse yourself in the FD watch, the more it seems like a lot more people know about it.... I felt the same way!!! :earsboy:

Yeah just read that and thought the same thing. It's probably been the same for the last few years.

Trentas are only for iced coffee, iced teas or the refreshers. Due to calorie restrictions for drinks set by NY, handcrafted coffee drinks and frappucinos are not available in the trenta. I work weekends at Starbucks. :surfweb::coffee:
so that's why we can't get a trenta caramel macchitto :( We always go for the Iced Coffee or I get a refresher if it's hot outside.

If booking a moderate and upgrading from QS to DDP, can that be done later or does it have to be at the time of booking?
It can be done at any time up until 48 hours before your arrival date.

If a resort is not showing certain room types or no rooms at all for my dates (going in August), does that also mean for FD it wont have them most likely? Or does Disney open up certain rooms only for FD? Im trying to crunch numbers but when I check certain room types aren't available for my dates.Hard to crunch when I dont know the price.And trying to crunch on monday at 4am is not gonna help LOL

Not necessarily. They put aside a certain number of rooms for each promotion. If there's nothing showing open, then most likely all rooms except those put aside for promotions are booked up.

a few questions...

Do standard rooms at value hotels qualify for FD? or do i need preferred?

What about tipping with the regular plan? what will happen if you tip not enough?
I will tip the amount i want for the dinners i ate..Often more than 18/20 but sometimes less. Is tipping mandatory?

Is it better to book now? will i be able to add the FD and tickets later online?
Or shall i wait till it drops

A few weeks ago i made two reservations for in total 3 weeks..one was online..one by phone. I had to cancel last week..I got the deposit back from the phone reservation, but from online not yet.. Is it possible that takes longer?

You can get it with any room at is at the resort as long as it is available.

With tipping you want to make sure you tip as you normally would for the full amount before the plan credits were applied. It is not mandatory but as servers make very little it is basically expected. If you have a party of 6 or more, 18% will automatically be added. Make sure you remember that gratuity is not included.

You could switch to it after booking it as long as their is availability. If you can't do it online, you will have to do it over the phone which can often be a few hours on the phone. You may want to book with a travel agent as they are free to use and will take care of switching you to the promo.

With Mods now getting QS I wish we could stay at a Value resort! I have 4 kids (youngest under 2) so we would have had to get 2 rooms, so there is no value in that.

I am really hoping to get POR with free dining, but I saw some people above saying they didn't like it at all. Those of you who love it, tell me why! I want to be excited about staying at this resort since we are paying more for it than we originally thought (if we upgrade to DDP).

We love POR! Love the overall feel of resort. The food court is great. Boatwright's is awesome. We loved the pool area. We really liked the boat that takes you from the resort to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs (I'm sorry, it'll always be Downtown Disney to me). Our only complaint was the size of the place. We were over in the Magnolia section and it was a hike. Oh, and the ol' fishin' hole. We didn't catch jack. Other than that we had zero complaints.

So, I am behind. Is moderates getting quick service a sure thing or is there still a miniscule chance it may not be that way?

My brain isn't working today. Lack of sleep and too much FD excitement! Can someone help me out? If FD is for the dates of 12/3 and on then I'm good. If the 12/8 date that has been mentioned a few times is accurate then I have a split-stay question.

Assuming 12/8 is the date and I check in on 12/4 with check-out on 12/10, how would the split stay work and can I access my park tickets prior to the 8th? I get that I would have to book a room 12/4-12/8 and then another room 12/8-12/10 but how exactly does this all come together?

Is my question clear as mud :confused:

I don't think you'd qualify for FD because the rumor is that there's a minimum of four nights. 12/8-12/10 is three nights.

If you were to extend until the 11th, your tickets would be attached to your FD reservation. Other people have said that the CM at your resort can activate your tickets early.

Thanks, I forgot about that minor detail :rolleyes1 I had it straight in my brain before but couldn't remember why it wasn't a viable option today....brain fart :crazy2:

So, I am behind. Is moderates getting quick service a sure thing or is there still a miniscule chance it may not be that way?

We had an update and it said that from DisneyRon, but I think we are still hoping to hear from Black. Also I think CM's will learn more today so it might leak out on the internet at large. I have google alerts set.

Isn't getting QSDP better than nothing, or may be better than RO offer, have to check I guess.

Not for me. I have the CBR gift card offer. I also have no intentions of actually staying at CBR. We have 11 nights at the Poly which cost me about $1150 through DVC. And I already have AP so any ticket purchase would have to be upgraded for a future AP. So while TS makes it worth the $120/night, QS does not. I can do better buying what we want when we want and using TIW card for the TS meals.

Ok, I can see that 5 weeks of hitting refresh has gotten to me! I'm losing it. All of a sudden everything I knew, and I'll my prep seems gone. Help me get myself back in line.

I have a reservation that I made way back in Sep. at POR. I already have DD added. My ticket prices were less than today's prices. I know that I'll have to pay today's ticket prices and that I may need to upgrade to DD from the QD that is offered. Is it even worth trying to modify, or with all that would be different should I just start out making a new res?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter