******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the walk with little kids who are sleepy, I thought it was a great place to stay. You really did feel like you were walking through the old Antebellum South. The rooms were nice and big, mousekeeping did an amazing job. My kids loved walking by the water wheel every day on the way to the parks and it was even more beautiful at night. It has a nice ambience. We never ate there so I can't comment on that part but from just my experience, you might find you like it very much.

IMO - I liked it here better than POP. with little kids, we got off the buses at the stop nearest our room which worked great for a short walk - much better then when we stayed at AoA or even when we were at POP. I think it just depends which stop you get off the bus at - or maybe we were just lucky where our room was situated.

As for the food - we ate at POR quite often on our last trip and I really enjoyed it! The QS had good food from what I thought.

I'm back!!!

Some updates:

I'm not 100% sure about this but a PH or PH+ may NOT be required. Base tickets may be the only requirement, but like I said, I'm not positive about it. I would just keep thinking PH or PH+ may be required.

Disney Visa holders will NOT be able to book FD before the general public.

You can extend your trip into black out dates as long as your arrival date falls on a FD date. For example the month of OCT. is blacked out, but you could arrive on 9/30 and get FD up to 13 days into Oct.

All for now.

Ok, I can see that 5 weeks of hitting refresh has gotten to me! I'm losing it. All of a sudden everything I knew, and I'll my prep seems gone. Help me get myself back in line.

I have a reservation that I made way back in Sep. at POR. I already have DD added. My ticket prices were less than today's prices. I know that I'll have to pay today's ticket prices and that I may need to upgrade to DD from the QD that is offered. Is it even worth trying to modify, or with all that would be different should I just start out making a new res?

I am in a similar situation with the lower tix prices, but I am at beach club. Are you sure we have to pay the new ticket prices when we modify? If not, it'd be worth a shot to try to modify first, and if that's not working book a new one.

Remember the construction will mean a whole "country" of rooms at CBR will be gone, so there will be less people. They have bus stops spread out across the resort, so it's not everyone gathering at the one stop.
Saying that, I am going to request a room near the exit so we are close to the first and last stops and can choose which is best to get on - first to beat the crowds, or last to save time. Depending on crowds we'll walk to the best one.
Thank you! Walking to another stop is an option there I guess. Just so much to consider when it's something you aren't familiar with!

Also, I need to ask. How are you coming up with the $60 per night? Maybe I booked at a different time than you but our average nightly rate is $208, take GC in count $133. We also have 2 rooms booked.
It was $60 total for the week difference. If I take the price of my CBR package minus the GC it is $60 more than a standard room at POP would be, assuming I could book a standard which is available for my dates as of right now.

I'm back!!!

Some updates:

I'm not 100% sure about this but a PH or PH+ may NOT be required. Base tickets may be the only requirement, but like I said, I'm not positive about it. I would just keep thinking PH or PH+ may be required.

You can extend your trip into black out dates as long as your arrival date falls on a FD date. For example the month of OCT. is blacked out, but you could arrive on 9/30 and get FD up to 13 days into Oct.

All for now.

Do we have a start date??

I haven't been following since the initial rumours of a April 24th release date started last weekend. We booked Bonnet Creek and stopped following when we found out it was going to be QS for the mods. BUT.. every time I think I've figured out the perfect plan I change my darn mind again.. so I'm trying to decide if QS might actually be enough for us. Sigh.

Has there been any more talk of how many days of tickets one will have to get to qualify for free dining? If it's still four.. I'm still out because we already have tickets. Two days I could live with.. Four puts us way over.

I'm back!!!

Some updates:

All for now.

Do you know if the date in December is the 3rd or the 8th? BTW, THANK YOU for the updates :)

Question:
Do you think Disney monitors message boards like this one to gauge public opinion?
I don't think we'd give Disney a gauge. We're not the normal vacationer. I'm sure Disney has a lot of ways to gauge opinions, but I don't think this board would be one of them. I wish it would though, I'd love to think Disney was listening to me.

I'm back!!!

Some updates:

All for now.
It would be great if we did not have to add PH!! It would help offset the upgrade cost at the mods! I hope this is the case :scratchin

I'm back!!!

Some updates:

All for now.
Is it definite that MODS only get QSDP?

Disney Ron said:
BREAKING FREE DINING NEWS!!!

Here's what I have:

FD "will" drop Monday.

POR "is" included until Sept. 30th, but it's excluded for November and December.

Values and Moderates are getting Quick Service.

That's what I have. I will be away from this site for 2-3 hrs, but will be back by early afternoon.

ENJOY!!!

I'm back!!!

Some updates:

All for now.

I went back to get the info from Ron for those who missed it. Any One Have Blacks info from last week?

Thank you again, Ron.

I'm back!!!

Some updates:

All for now.

I am a little disappointed that Disney Visa holders no longer get to book in advance. That is the main reason that I got the card! Still hoping for FD to fall on our check-in date of Dec. 9. I have the 4 rooms with different reservations to try to add FD to. I was on the phone last October for 1 1/2 hours trying to book reservations.:bored:

I am a little disappointed that Disney Visa holders no longer get to book in advance. That is the main reason that I got the card! Still hoping for FD to fall on our check-in date of Dec. 9. I have the 4 rooms with different reservations to try to add FD to. I was on the phone last October for 1 1/2 hours trying to book reservations.:bored:

According to the dates its dec 3-23 or dec 8-23 so your check in on the 9th should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter