******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, while I wait...big storm predicted for tomorrow....I'm going to practice pack for my trip. I do this with every trip and try to bring less and travel light. I always seems to over pack. So in between watching this thread I'll be breaking out the swim suits and shorts for July!

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else, I booked room only and then purchased my tickets separate because they were heavily discounted for Canadians,. If free dining does come out , will I be eligible for it if my dates line up? or not eligible because I bought them separate although I booked both through the Disney site. TIA Lor

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else, I booked room only and then purchased my tickets separate because they were heavily discounted for Canadians,. If free dining does come out , will I be eligible for it if my dates line up? or not eligible because I bought them separate although I booked both through the Disney site. TIA Lor
I would think as long as you can link your room and you tickets they should be ok, but the room does have to be at a rack rate. No discounts.

You will need to purchase a package that includes a minimum 3 night stay and 2 day tickets with park hopper or waterpark. You can always save either set of your tickets for another trip though.

I think what will make it or break it for you is whether your current reservation is a package. Did you have to put down a deposit, and do you have to pay in full at 45 days out? What are your cancellation guidelines? If it is NOT a package, I highly doubt you will be eligible for free dining, and even if it does look like a package, if you decide on free dining, you will lose any other discount, so your tickets will go to full price along with the rack rate for the room.

My prediction is April 24, but I'm hoping for earlier this year...we can dream :cloud9:
You had me worried for a minute! I saw the 24th and all I could think was DD has a field trip that day and I told her I would go, but then I realized her trip is 3/24. Funny thing is, in 2014, same DD had the same field trip to the zoo and FD dropped that day. o_O

I would think as long as you can link your room and you tickets they should be ok, but the room does have to be at a rack rate. No discounts.
Fd has to be purchased as a package with tickets. The discounted Canadian tickets are not part of a ticket package.

I just wanted to add, if you are planning on going back to Disney, I would still book the free dining and just hold on to the Canadian tickets. Apparently there is no expiration date on them so they will hold their value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter