"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All these posts make me excited and anxious all at the same time!! I hope we are able to accomplish what we are setting out to accomplish. Thankfully our party is near the end, so hopefully any kinks you guys will have figured out how to work around them. Currently this is our plan (depending on things staying the way they are):

-Get in at 4, collect our treat bags and scope out party merch
-Immediately afterwards head to Storybook Treats for an ice cream snack and get in line for Seven Dwarves
-Depending on the line for Jack and Sally, line up for that
-Do trick or treating as we pass the treat spots
- Try to fit in a ride or two on HM and POTC (possibly see Jack Sparrow at that time too)
- at 10 pm head to our spot for Celebrate the Magic, then Hallowishes, then Hocus Pocus and finally the Parade
- Head to 7DMT right after parade and/or try to fit in another meet n greet, all depending on who is still out

It doesnt feel like a lot and yet its a bit overwhelming lol

My plans for the party night:

- Get in at 4 (or before if they’re really nice) and collect treat bags

- Head to firestation to get collectors card

- FP+ for Tinkerbell at Main Street

- Get magic shots at entrance

-FP+ for 7DMT

- Get in line for 7 Dwarves and wait it out (get a cinnamon roll at Gastons while waiting)

-Head to Minnie, Donald and Daisy

- Head to Jack and Sally if line isn’t too bad

- Do some rides (Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Pirates, 7DMT (again), Haunted Mansion, Peoplemover)

-Get photos done with magic shots

-Attend 2nd parade

-Go Trick or Treating

-Attend Hocus Pocus midnight show

We found the party to be much more crowded than usual. We've done sold out parties before and they didn't feel quite as congested as this one did. I suspect that having BTMR and IASW down, the absence of the multi-stop treat trails (they used to have the walk through from Fantasyland Station to Tomorrowland and a much better one at Splash Mountain) forced the crowds into the same areas more than usual. We love the parties and really, this was the only drawback that made us hesitate when deciding on the value for money for the event. Maybe it's harder for us because we go to a few of them every year and it's hard not to compare. I just feel that the capacity cap for a hard ticket event has steadily been extended every year for some time now and there are nights when you really feel it.
Did you go to MNSSHP last year? I went to a sold-out party last year (Oct 7) and it was very crowded. Just wondering if the ticket cap has been raised again.

So...I've always took the advice that the 2nd parade has lighter crowds, etc. I read something that contradicted that and suggested people do the first parade because the waits for everything else are less after the fireworks (rides, characters, trick-or-treat lines). We are probably going to catch the fireworks from somewhere other than main street to avoid the crowds. Which time for the parade are you planning and why?

The second parade always less crowded ..

These look great! Thanks for the pix! Are these the ones you get when you first come in? Can you get them anywhere else?

Thanks. Yes, these are the ones we got when we entered and collected our map and party bags. I didn't see them handing these out anywhere else or at any other time and later that area was closed off again. Maybe someone else noticed and can give us some more information, but from what we saw, this was the only place they were handing them out.

Did you go to MNSSHP last year? I went to a sold-out party last year (Oct 7) and it was very crowded. Just wondering if the ticket cap has been raised again.

Yes, we do the parties every year. Last year we were there in October. I don't recall if it was a sold out night - we seem to recall that it was - and it was pretty busy, but very manageable if you knew where the congested areas were and went in with some sort of plan or list of priorities. This year was much busier. I actually wonder if it would have been even worse had it not been for the tropical storm that hit Florida last week. I'm sure some people decided not to buy, based on the uncertainty of the weather conditions and possibly some even tried to transfer their tickets to a different night.

My gut feel is that you are right and they are still raising the capacity cap for the parties. DH and I said the same thing on Friday night. I have never seen people 5 or 6 deep for the Boo To You Parade. We haven't done and October 31st party and that would be different, but this was very congested and not helped by BTMR and IASW being down for refurb, along with some other factors that would have otherwise helped disperse crowds more evenly. Also, when we arrived at the park we had FP's for Space Mountain and that went down. I don't know how long it was down as we didn't bother to go back and look, but that would not have helped either.

This will be my first time going to the Halloween party and I'm wondering what the best viewing spots are and which show times we should go to?

I think that most things are less busy as the night goes on-rides, characters, trick or treat, as well as the 2nd parade. Many people travel with young children and can't make it all the way to midnight. I'd say it comes down to a matter of priorities. If having a front row spot for the parade is a top priority you will probably have to "waste" more party time early on trying to get a front row spot for the early parade. It is typically a lot busier because the second parade isn't until after 11 and many families with small children start to head out after the fireworks. We have a 4.5 y/o and even though we may try to push it and stay later this year (possibly late enough to see the second parade) we will definitely watch the earlier one because it may not work and we may need to leave following the fireworks. We really loved the parade last year and would be so disappointed to miss out.

This is what I am thinking as well. I know for sure DD will make it past midnight, so that's not a concern, but we also didn't plan on meeting many characters last year and have a few we want to meet this year - so the shorter lines for them at the end of the night would be nice. There are only two of us and I typically stand with DD right in front of me for parades so we take up less "curb space." I also don't plan on watching from Main Street - we watched at the turn in Liberty Square last year and that was a great spot, so we'll likely do that again. With the 2nd parade being so late, there really isn't a whole lot you can do between Hallowishes and the 2nd parade...and then not much time once the 2nd parade ends till midnight, so we may take our chances with the first parade. We are also planning on watching Hallowishes from somewhere other than main street (if you get the sense I'm trying to avoid main street at all costs, you would be correct) - we saw it last year and I think it would be fun to watch from a different perspective. Here's what I'm thinking our plans will be:

4pm - pick up SofMK card
4:15 - 6:30 - Use our 3 FP+ and grab QS dinner
7:00 - Ride rides in Frontierland/Adventureland and trick or treat over there
7:30 - Get special party treat (candy corn ice cream anyone?) and find a spot for the parade in Liberty Square/Frontierland
8:15 - Parade
9:00 - Trick or treat over to fantasyland and then into Tomorrowland dance party/ride rides; depending on lines, meet the folks from Wonderland
10:15 - Watch Hallowishes from Fantasyland
10:45 - Meet Minnie and the gang - maybe go over to Adventureland and meet Jack Sparrow
11:45 - One last ride on SDMT
12:00 - Watch the Villains show then hang out / take photos, etc. on our way out of the park

Smitch, what is that pumpkin thing in the center? Is that new for 2016?

It's a light up pumpkin. It was new for 2014, but sold out by the time we arrived in October. It was on the shop parks app when the app debuted last year, so I scooped it up. It was available last season, but haven't seen it this year. I took these pics the day it arrived. I was the first to get something from the app in one of my FB groups, which is why there are pics of the packaging. Lol
image.jpeg

I love the lantern one.

The lantern is a lantern, not a bucket. It was available last year, and was on sale for 40% off during last year's October trip. Not sure if it is available this year or not.

What are the dates for the 2016 MNSSHP?
September 2016 Dates
September 2, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 29 & 30

October 2016 Dates

October 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30 & 31

Sold Out Dates:

Disney released Official 2016 MNSSHP Dates the afternoon of 3/23/16. 29 Parties for 2016. 2016 Projected Dates UPDATED on 3/20/16. Projected Dates were accurate.
  • On these nights, the Magic Kingdom closes at 7pm to guests who have not purchased tickets for the Halloween Party.
  • MNSSHP is from 7pm until midnight.
  • MNSSHP is traditionally held on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday nights in September; and Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday nights in October.

The dates projected were accurate despite that the parties are on Fridays instead of Thursdays in September, as is tradition? I'm trying to plan for next year based on this year's information, but that's a solid conflict of info. I suppose I could duplicate my ADRs for a Thursday and Friday when the time comes, then cancel the ones that fall on party night. (I would prefer a Thursday party! Do you hear me Disney?!)

I do appreciate all the work you've put into this, @monique5 !

The dates projected were accurate despite that the parties are on Fridays instead of Thursdays in September, as is tradition? I'm trying to plan for next year based on this year's information, but that's a solid conflict of info. I suppose I could duplicate my ADRs for a Thursday and Friday when the time comes, then cancel the ones that fall on party night. (I would prefer a Thursday party! Do you hear me Disney?!)

I do appreciate all the work you've put into this, @monique5 !

Well everything was different this year. Projected dates were released within 3D of dates being released. What has been tradition in the past, is no more ---- in the past Disney released in advanced that tickets were going on sale and when that date would be. This year Ktp, Chip & Co. & others posted the sale date & tickets were on sale within like 12 hours. I purchased tickets for the HalloWishes Dessert Party before Disney even updated their website to the correct price. DPB was late in posting MNSSHP/MVMCP info in the beginning. Dining Guidelines changed after tickets went on sale too. Just to name a few.... So hard to say what will happen next year. As of today, there are no sold out parties for this year, but we don't know if they increased the number of tickets for sale either. Prices increased drastically, I paid almost $100 more for my family of 3 to attend on Halloween compared to last year with less offerings and more closures. So duplicate ADRs and cancel accordingly.

You're welcome! It's been fun! Boo-to-You! :maleficen

Costumes?popcorn:: What are your priorities?
I wish we were doing costumes! We didn't pull it together in time though. We floated being Luke, Leia, and Han since it will be my brother, me, and my husband going, but my brother didn't want to do costumes unless he could go full out. So we'll do better next year!

But priorities are honestly just going and enjoying. We're going to ride whatever rides we can, definitely want to catch Boo to You and Hallowishes, and maybe get some characters. We just want to go see what a party is like and enjoy it since we've never been to any parties before! Maybe after this we'll have a better idea of what's going on and can plan to hit up more characters :)

Thanks. Yes, these are the ones we got when we entered and collected our map and party bags. I didn't see them handing these out anywhere else or at any other time and later that area was closed off again. Maybe someone else noticed and can give us some more information, but from what we saw, this was the only place they were handing them out.

Just wanted some clarification: Do you get these with your trick-or-treat bags or only at the entrance to the park? We will already be in the park at 4 pm so we were going to swing by Tortuga to get our bracelets.

Just wanted some clarification: Do you get these with your trick-or-treat bags or only at the entrance to the park? We will already be in the park at 4 pm so we were going to swing by Tortuga to get our bracelets.
In years past the CMs with the bands had the bags as well to give out.....last year we got ours in Tomorrowland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter