"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There have been two parties now? How lenient has Disney been on the no ballgowns/floor length costume rule? I'm worried they'd enforce it with me if I wore my Belle gown, because the skirt is pretty big and it's a fairly legit costume - but I've been hearing they've been letting people in with floor length costumes.

I have Village Belle almost ready to go, have my fourth fitting for her today, so she's still the plan - but I still have that little glimmer of hope that I could possibly get away with Ballgown Belle.

belleincanada I know this goes against the grain but in all honesty I would wear the gown. I could not see them turning you down at all. Someone just recommended you pull up the hem, don't do it. This gown was already fitted for you including the length and you paid a lot of money for this. You can actually see video tweets of the first party at #mnsshp where a woman is running across the street in a full gown.

My plans for the party night:

- Get in at 4 (or before if they’re really nice) and collect treat bags

- Head to firestation to get collectors card

- FP+ for Tinkerbell at Main Street

- Get magic shots at entrance

-FP+ for 7DMT

- Get in line for 7 Dwarves and wait it out (get a cinnamon roll at Gastons while waiting)

-Head to Minnie, Donald and Daisy

- Head to Jack and Sally if line isn’t too bad

- Do some rides (Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Pirates, 7DMT (again), Haunted Mansion, Peoplemover)

-Get photos done with magic shots

-Attend 2nd parade

-Go Trick or Treating

-Attend Hocus Pocus midnight show

I love your plan, but the only thing that could be an issue is obtaining the Sorcerer card before 7pm. A few posters stated they were told to return at 7pm - just a thought.

It's a light up pumpkin. It was new for 2014, but sold out by the time we arrived in October. It was on the shop parks app when the app debuted last year, so I scooped it up. It was available last season, but haven't seen it this year. I took these pics the day it arrived. I was the first to get something from the app in one of my FB groups, which is why there are pics of the packaging. Lol
View attachment 193001

The lantern is a lantern, not a bucket. It was available last year, and was on sale for 40% off during last year's October trip. Not sure if it is available this year or not.

Smitch, I tried clicking on your photos to get a larger image but couldn't. Thanks for posting them, I'll have to check on them later when we return home.

Sorry if this is a silly question but can you use Disney gift cards at the party for merchandise etc?

I wish we were doing costumes! We didn't pull it together in time though. We floated being Luke, Leia, and Han since it will be my brother, me, and my husband going, but my brother didn't want to do costumes unless he could go full out. So we'll do better next year!

But priorities are honestly just going and enjoying. We're going to ride whatever rides we can, definitely want to catch Boo to You and Hallowishes, and maybe get some characters. We just want to go see what a party is like and enjoy it since we've never been to any parties before! Maybe after this we'll have a better idea of what's going on and can plan to hit up more characters :)

Be sure to get your Sorcerer of the magic Kingdom card at the Fire Station, like 7-9pm. Even if you don't play the game it's a nice souvenir or an awesome gift to give to an unsuspecting child, like one with good manners! Ha! This I know sounds strange, but I'm so excited for you and hope you have an awesome time!

The last piece of my costume came today....it's so comfortable, well we'll see about the wig, but the rest will be great for the party haha!

OMG! You look fantastic! LOVE IT!!! Look at that smile on your face too - you know you're going to have a good time!:thumbsup2

Today I received the perfect Winifred Sanderson green velvet coat. Now I'm thinking of going as Winnie (minus the red hair since there is no way I'm putting on a wig) for one of the Halloween Parties I'll be going to - it does need some adjusting so I will work on that and hope I have enough time to get it done before the 9/20 Halloween party.

I won't have time to deal with Book but maybe I can find a replica on Etsy with time to get one.
Then again maybe I should just stick with my current costume plan and not boil up in the park - somebody needs to get me under control - so many costume ideas and only 2 parties. Aaaack.

I know right?! I was planning on one costume as well then monique5 said she was wearing two I also read others are wearing two - so yippee I'm working on our too.

Instead of a wig you might try Colored Hair spray. I have no experience, but I'm sure others have:confused3

Anyway - post some pics if you can!:cheer2:

Just wanted to post our report from first party

We were in MK from rope drop until 2:00. Everything was decorated and nice to see before the party craziness.

We went back to GF so I could change into my "costume". I forgot to put on my Jack Skellington fingers so only wore my ears and t-shirt.

Back to MK around 3:15.

Front entrance area was already jammed packed with people waiting to enter for party.

I was glad we didn't have to wait in that mess. We had some rides we wanted to reride.

We entered and rode Space and Stitch. It was 4:00 by now and throngs of people were in the front areas of park.

The line to get MNSSHP wrist bands was too long in tomorrowland so we headed over to ride Pirates and the line across from Pirates wasn't too bad. Actually recon revealed there were two lines so we hopped in the shorter line she swiped our magic bands and gave us the MNSSHP wristbands.

They'd run out of maps -really 15 minutes after first party started. Ridiculous.

I was able to get a map later but until then was checking the one posted on line a couple days before.

Noone was handing out the trick or treat bags I just happened to look in a dumpster passed the CM's and found it full of bags so I took two.

Everything felt very disorganized and rushed in the beginning.

Not sure why we couldn't get all party info days in advance -what's the deal with that Disney?

DD was suddenly hungry for nuggets and fries and on our way to cosmic rays I saw a cart with the Vampire Mickey popcorn bucket.

I took a pic thinking I would post it here but since it was just me and DD i didnt want to take the time posting. I commented to CM how cute Mickey was (secretly I was disapointed as I'd much rather the Zero bucket) she then offered us free Mickey bars. Thank you for the Pixie dust they were yummy.

So onto Cosmic Rays for fries and pulled pork (DD had changed her mind once seeing the photo).

I needed to get on my phone to secure our Southwest Boarding passes for the next evening and then we were off to line up for Jack and Sally but I got confused and went to the tent where people were lined up for 7 dwarves. Told to go to Liberty Square behind Christmas shop -dang they were already well into meeting people and it was 5:30. Handed a card with their signatures and stood in line from 5:30-7:00. Although DD hates lines no complaints here-we enjoyed chatting with people in line plus we didn't miss any of the party. (Some peole posted about rain during party but it drizzled very lightly for 10 minutes while we were in line here- rain was so light many people didnt even bother with a poncho or umbrella).

Jack and Sally really liked my ears and my Jack shirt -so mad i forgot to wear my fingers:/ (for some reason i cannot add our photo with them)

7:00 there were ropes up everywhere blocking people from going near parade route or anywhere toward back or sides of park without wrist bands.

We witnessed one family pretending confusion and CM told them they could not enter the area - this was near the end of shops on main street.

Indeed I glanced at many people's wrists and did not see one person without a wristband (lucky nonparty goers headed my warning!). This was very different from last years first party thankfully

7:00 DD wanted to meet Lotso 15 minute wait. Line for candy in Tomorrowland was really long. I was not interested in carting candy home. Plus we had a grazillion Ghiradelli turn down chocolates already packed.

Waits for SDMT and Pan were 30-40 minutes every time we walked by that night(someone else posted seeing 20)

There were some quick moving candy lines so we trick or treated a bit getting 2 or 3 candies at esch sto m and m's, skittles, starbursts and dove bars were some we got.

I think we went to ride Haunted Mansion next. It was great although Mansion is being repainted or something so its covered with drapery. Loved the spooky CM's! We then rode it again.

When we exited the gates Madame was standing there taking photos. There was another spooky Madame wandering around near stockade.

Saw longish lines for all photo pass pics. You knew where each photo was due to the lines. Another thing DD was not interested in thankfully.

We walked by a popcorn cart and what did I see- the Zero popcorn bucket. The CM told me I got the last one!!! We filled it with popcorn and went to watch the Sanderson Sisters show which was fantastic! All the villians in one place!

Afterwards we watched the Castle show. It didn't seem very Halloweenie but instead much like the show we'd seen last August.

After that we watched the terrific fireworks show.

We then walked over to stockade area to watch the parade.

Headless horseman was so cool.

Parade was just awesome loved the scary gravediggers scraping their shovels on cement creating sparks and the ghostly dancers. Just top notch. I wouldn't have minded seeing it twice but choices must be made as there really isn't enough time to do everything.

Luckily we were not interested in the exclusive park merchandise, specialty food or Sorcerers card. These things are so spread around the park it would be quite a time suck as would the need to see alot of characters. It simply can't all be done so decide what is a priorty and set up a good plan.

We ended the night riding Splash twice with no line. Park was empty in the back at midnight. I asked DD if she wanted to watch end of last Sanderson Sister show but she was ready to head back to hotel.

As we walked down Main street we looked at all the specially carved jack o laterns over each shop.

I would definitely do the party again but with my Jack fingers. No worries I am now ready for Halloween.

Thanks so much for the information and posting pictures. In terms of "Sold Out" items you're the second person to bring it up, glad you were able to get yours, but how disappointing for a first party. I agree the information should have been made available to you so you could plan accordingly but I think this is how it's been. What was the best part of your night?

Does anyone know if you can get a picture at haunted mansion with the magic shot without going on the ride itself? Also what time to magic shot photos begin on party nights?

Yes. The HM Ride is completely separate from the various Magic Shots that are available very close to the HM building.

There's always Sweet Baked Potatoes at Liberty Square Market but I think you have to bring your own brown sugar. I'm not 100% on this maybe someone could comment? - yeah, I get it's a huge difference versus pumpkin waffle, well okay it's a land side, albeit worldly difference all the way around. But it is a good wholesome snack.

Just saying.

@FoxC63, do you know about the multi quote feature? You can hit the "+Quote" at the bottom of every post you want to reply to and then go down to the reply box and select "insert quotes". Might save you some time. :)

Thanks so much for the information and posting pictures. In terms of "Sold Out" items you're the second person to bring it up, glad you were able to get yours, but how disappointing for a first party. I agree the information should have been made available to you so you could plan accordingly but I think this is how it's been. What was the best part of your night?

I knew the info would not be released early but I guess I didn't realize how much it would effect the beginning of the party for us. Plus it didn't help that the CM's seemed pretty disorganized and clueless. However, the CM's were on top of getting rid of nonparty goers so I won't complain too much.

I don't know what I liked the most as there was so much that was great. I love Halloween and last year I was hoping they would have an early party last August so our last day we were at MK and seeing all the holiday decorations was bitter sweet.

So this year I was more than happy to extend our vacation by a day so we could attend this year's party- our first MNNSHP!

I loved the Halloween parade and Sanderson Sisters show the most I would say.

@FoxC63, do you know about the multi quote feature? You can hit the "+Quote" at the bottom of every post you want to reply to and then go down to the reply box and select "insert quotes". Might save you some time. :)

yep, I've done it a few times already. But thanks Smitch.

belleincanada I know this goes against the grain but in all honesty I would wear the gown. I could not see them turning you down at all. Someone just recommended you pull up the hem, don't do it. This gown was already fitted for you including the length and you paid a lot of money for this. You can actually see video tweets of the first party at #mnsshp where a woman is running across the street in a full gown.

Agree! Wear the gown. Also, the rules only say it must not touch the ground and that multiple layers may lead to additional
Screening (probably selected for the scanner) they sing prohibit them. Go for it and post us a photo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter