"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

If we go to MK around 1pm before the party starts using a regular park ticket, can my kids wear their costumes then (tween style minnie mouse and luke skywalker) or do they need to wear regular clothes since we are coming in prior to the party? (we have MNSSHP tickets too) Also, will we have to go back out to the gates at 4pm to get our wrist bands for the party or can they do it all when we enter? Thanks

They can wear them but it may be a long hot afternoon in them. You might want to store them in a locker if they are cumbersome. They will have stations set up to get your bands inside the parks.

If we go to MK around 1pm before the party starts using a regular park ticket, can my kids wear their costumes then (tween style minnie mouse and luke skywalker) or do they need to wear regular clothes since we are coming in prior to the party? (we have MNSSHP tickets too) Also, will we have to go back out to the gates at 4pm to get our wrist bands for the party or can they do it all when we enter? Thanks

everybody in my group gets handed a 'string-bag' type backpack for MNSSHP. Can both keep their costume in it, then over-dress over day park clothes & the bag is perfect for off loading the candy to keep one's hands free once the novelty wears off.

Yep! Honestly. Here is the exact words, although I left out the hope you have a great trip and other idol chat parts. LOL

"I do understand your concern and as you mentioned, it is difficult to clear out an entire park for these events. Anyone that is not part of the event with a ticket though is not allowed on to any of the rides and attractions so we do give that benefit to just the special event ticket holders. We do try to steer non-event Guests to the main entrance and enjoy maybe some time at Downtown Disney or possibly another theme park if they are still open."
Horrible response. If I saw this post/response before buying a MNSSHP ticket, I might have decided to pass on it. Does sound like the latter parties are getting better though.

Last edited:
Yay! Fellow UK person :cheer2:And fabulous PUG dress there in your avatar. I have the castle skirt, but really wish I'd bought the Aurora dancing horses before they sold out of my size :offtopic: Anyway...

Are your MNSSHP tickets already linked to your MDE account? If so, you will be able to use your old magic bands without worrying that you will be using your 10 day tickets; just go through the special party entrance where they will tap your band and give you a wristband.

Alternatively just get your hard tickets (like the old hotel room key cards) from the TTC and go in with them. You will be able to use these tickets to tap through in the queue for your fast passes too.

Wishing you a fabulous trip!

Thanks so much for the info!

:offtopic: I bought the dress to go to DLP in May for my birthday. I love it and will be wearing it again at WDW this November. I'd like to buy more of their stuff but it's so expensive and the customs charges etc. are just too much. I find it hard to get the sizes I need in their stuff over here, but I might "treat" myself to an item or two whilst we are in the US!

Smitty was out? We only saw George, Needleman, and Boo during our party (plus Mike & Sulley). Jealous!

Yep, he was dancing up a storm taking time to personally dance with everyone. Very interactive. Having said that, everyone else but Boo went inside shortly after we arrived so he's the only one we danced with. Boo stuck to the front of the stage.:-)

@MattsPrincess thanks for sharing those awesome photos - how was the line for the Pooh characters? That's a great photo.

We got in line at 740 and saw Pooh and friends at about 830. We had to wait for them to go on a break in between.

Last edited:
So myself, my husband and my son have tickets for tomorrow, we're super excited!

Yesterday my MIL called and said she and FIL wanted to come with us. I wasn't thrilled about this, and was able to tell her it was sold out. She said she'd call guest relations and see what they said. Well, she calls back and says she got tickets! She said she told them that some members of her party already had tickets and they wanted to join us. Guest relations told her to pick the tickets up tomorrow at guest services, and we just had to be there with her to show that we already had the tickets. Has anyone heard this? It irritates me for a whole bunch of reasons, but do you think they hold some tickets back for things like this, or just add them on to the sold out tickets. I'm worried about crowds as it is, and wondering how many extra tickets they're selling?

So myself, my husband and my son have tickets for tomorrow, we're super excited!

Yesterday my MIL called and said she and FIL wanted to come with us. I wasn't thrilled about this, and was able to tell her it was sold out. She said she'd call guest relations and see what they said. Well, she calls back and says she got tickets! She said she told them that some members of her party already had tickets and they wanted to join us. Guest relations told her to pick the tickets up tomorrow at guest services, and we just had to be there with her to show that we already had the tickets. Has anyone heard this? It irritates me for a whole bunch of reasons, but do you think they hold some tickets back for things like this, or just add them on to the sold out tickets. I'm worried about crowds as it is, and wondering how many extra tickets they're selling?

It's possible there were cancelations and they were able to buy those tickets and that is how they became available?

This is what we really like to do at mnsshp! is it too much? you think we can get to all or most of this?
Parade
hallowishes
Hocus pocus show
meet abu, the genie( I hear they do not meet together)
jafar
cruella devil
buzz and lotso
Donald and daisy
pooh and friends
trick or treating

Glad to be back on board. I’m still recovering from my Disney trip. Got a cold after coming back from Orlando, the irony!

For those who plan to see rare characters during the parade, a word of caution. This was what I planned to do but even though I got in line to see Donald/Daisy/Minnie well before the first parade started, I (and many, many people) were still stuck in line after the parade was over. The wait was about 1.5 hour.

I’d advise you to line up for must-see characters first and don’t wait until later. You never know how long you’ll be stuck in line or when the line will get cut.

Ticket question.
I decided later in the game to go to Disney with my sister's, nieces/nephews. I bought my MNSSH ticket off of stub hub. When I got my ticket and tried to link it to my reservation/Disney app, I was told it was already linked to another account. So with that I call stub hub. They assure me my ticket will be good when I get to the gate. I'm still not sure. I have the physical ticket in my possession, it's just linked to someone else's account. Anyone know if my ticket will work when I get there?

I wish I could help, but I'm not so sure...they're technically non-transferrable if they're on one account? I didn't know you could sell it on stubhub.

Ticket question.
I decided later in the game to go to Disney with my sister's, nieces/nephews. I bought my MNSSH ticket off of stub hub. When I got my ticket and tried to link it to my reservation/Disney app, I was told it was already linked to another account. So with that I call stub hub. They assure me my ticket will be good when I get to the gate. I'm still not sure. I have the physical ticket in my possession, it's just linked to someone else's account. Anyone know if my ticket will work when I get there?
Linked MNSSHP tickets can only be linked to a new owner if you are on the original owner's friends and family list. They are able to reassign it to you through MDE. I honestly don't know if using the ticket will work. I would call Disney.

Ticket question.
Yes, just scan the hard ticket at the turn styles. I did that last year and had the same apprehension as you because it was linked to another person but it worked fine and there were no problems.

Ticket question.

I think technically that hard ticket will always be linked to someone else (no way to unlink it) but because party tickets are pretty much one-and-done, as long as that person doesn't try to gain admittance to the party through a MB or another form of media that is tied to the ticket number that you purchased, and as long as that card doesn't have someone else's biometrics tied to it, you should be OK. There aren't any biometrics associated with a hard ticket until the hard ticket is used. I think.

Good luck.

For those of you who have attended a party -- which of the castle shows seems to be more manageable the 10:40 show or the midnight show? I know we will stay for the entire party and we plan on seeing the 2nd parade, so just trying to figure out whether to get a spot for the 10:40 show right after Hallowishes or to wait until the midnight show!

Ugh....I feel for you! Clearly your MIL wasn't taking your answer lying down and did something about it! I'm guessing this will throw a monkey wrench in your plans :( I'm sure they were just trying to keep her happy since none of us really know what she actually said to GR or if she used tears ;)

Ugh....I feel for you! Clearly your MIL wasn't taking your answer lying down and did something about it! I'm guessing this will throw a monkey wrench in your plans :( I'm sure they were just trying to keep her happy since none of us really know what she actually said to GR or if she used tears ;)

Oh you have NO idea! The first thing she said was "I thought we'd all have nice sit down meal around 7pm" :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter