• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

We've also ordered our tickets and they are being mailed to us. And they are linked automatically in our online account right after we purchased them. Still waiting on the mailed tickets to arrive. In 2013, we only used the hard ticket to get in the gate, did not use our magic band (we were in the test group) to enter as I had read about problems concerning that. So we also plan on taking our bands off and not using them to go through the gate, just the hard mailed ticket. Will put the bands back on when we get inside.

If you don't have an extra ticket day to use before the party, you can still enter the MK at 4pm. This has been the case in years past, so they probably will not change this. This is when we got into the MK in 2013, and I highly recommend it. That way we were already in, had our MNSSHP wristband. We went and ate, rode Haunted mansion, then got in an early 6pm line for the 7 Dwarfs. So we didn't have to waste party time in line, we were through and doing the party by 7:10pm, so only 10 minutes wasted of party time in a huge character meet line. It was great!

For those of you that have been to this before where were Jack and Sally? I read that they were at Town Square, but at the Christmas Party just Jack (Sandy Klaus) was under the big top. Just curious

they were right in the begginning when i was there which i guess is town square? people line up REAL early before they even are there.

This will be our first trip to WDW and we are going to the party in Oct. I have BBBoutique reservations for my daughter and Pirate League for my youngest son the same afternoon to help them get ready for the party. We have two days scheduled for MK and the party day is one of them. Should we take our time getting to the park that day since we will be there all afternoon and evening, or should we use the hours for rides and M&G's?

Tuesday : (Still need FP's & Lunch)
--MK
--Pirates League 1:05PM
--BB Boutique 2:40PM
--Crystal Palace 4:50PM
--MNSSHP

No, way too much money for us for what it was. IF I thought the desserts looked good, and IF villains were important to me, and IF money was burning a hole in my pocket, I would only do the late one to maximize party time. I can think of so many better things to spend $99 per person on. Lol

We went last year. Although I was thrilled to finally get to meet Dr. Facillier, the desserts were weird and not very good. The punch was okay, but it felt like we paid $99 for each of us to get a dragon up ( which is really cool). Def not worth the money, but I am glad I got to experience it for myself.

We went last year. Although I was thrilled to finally get to meet Dr. Facillier, the desserts were weird and not very good. The punch was okay, but it felt like we paid $99 for each of us to get a dragon up ( which is really cool). Def not worth the money, but I am glad I got to experience it for myself.
The punch was the best thing I enjoyed there! I wish i knew what was in it. But you are right about the deserts, I enjoyed some of them, the apple though something about it put me off and was odd.

Ooh I'm glad to find this thread! Granted I didn't read through all the replies (there are a lot of them!) so I apologize if this has already been asked, but we're debating doing MNSSHP with our girls on our upcoming trip this Fall. I'm trying to figure out how "scary" it actually is, since "scary" is obviously relative. It's pretty villain-centric, is that correct? My girls are not huge fans of most of the villains, so would they just hate it? They got a bit scared when I "booed" Captain Hook in a parade on our last trip and he came up to me teasingly, lol. But that was 2 years ago now so it's hard to know if they will have changed. We do still fast-forward through most Disney movies... I feel like I'm talking myself out of it (the cost is a lot of they'd freak out, haha!)... but really DH and I do want to see the parade and some characters. :) I think I'm leaning towards waiting a few more years...?

Ooh I'm glad to find this thread! Granted I didn't read through all the replies (there are a lot of them!) so I apologize if this has already been asked, but we're debating doing MNSSHP with our girls on our upcoming trip this Fall. I'm trying to figure out how "scary" it actually is, since "scary" is obviously relative. It's pretty villain-centric, is that correct? My girls are not huge fans of most of the villains, so would they just hate it? They got a bit scared when I "booed" Captain Hook in a parade on our last trip and he came up to me teasingly, lol. But that was 2 years ago now so it's hard to know if they will have changed. We do still fast-forward through most Disney movies... I feel like I'm talking myself out of it (the cost is a lot of they'd freak out, haha!)... but really DH and I do want to see the parade and some characters. :) I think I'm leaning towards waiting a few more years...?
I honestly don't think it's very scary. Even for little ones, but it is mainly centered on the villains (the stage show and some of the parade) and the parade may spook them, but the parade has lots of other characters as well! I'm sure they would enjoy trick or treating too as well as seeing several of the other characters you can meet. What are their ages?

Captain Hook still creeps me out too sometimes :p

I paid for my tickets a couple weeks ago. I cant remember if they were supposed to mail them or not! How do I find out? And can I just pick them up at POR when we check in? If they didn't mail them to us? Or...are the tickets just automatically uploaded to our magic bands?

I really, really want to dress up as Ariel in her green/turquoise dress as seen in the park, either the older version or the new, off-the-shoulder version. I'd do it as an A-line, full skirt, either knee length or tea length. I'll go in September 18 so it's should be hot and humid.

I need a fabric that is somewhat breathable and doesn't wrinkle easily. Would be a big plus if it can withstand Splash Mountain but that's optional. What fabric should I use for this dress (besides tulle)?

I really, really want to dress up as Ariel in her green/turquoise dress as seen in the park, either the older version or the new, off-the-shoulder version. I'd do it as an A-line, full skirt, either knee length or tea length. I'll go in September 18 so it's should be hot and humid.

I need a fabric that is somewhat breathable and doesn't wrinkle easily. Would be a big plus if it can withstand Splash Mountain but that's optional. What fabric should I use for this dress (besides tulle)?

Organza would be a good choice. It'd have to be lined but a leightweight cotton wouldn't add heat really.

I honestly don't think it's very scary. Even for little ones, but it is mainly centered on the villains (the stage show and some of the parade) and the parade may spook them, but the parade has lots of other characters as well! I'm sure they would enjoy trick or treating too as well as seeing several of the other characters you can meet. What are their ages?

Captain Hook still creeps me out too sometimes :p

Good to know, thanks!! Maybe I'll look on Youtube and see if that helps us decide. :) They're 8 and 6, but not on the brave side of those ages for characters, lol. Thankfully they're pretty brave with rides so it's not too bad. ;)

The parade does have the ghosts from the mansion, and grave diggers sparking shovels on ground. It's really meant to not be scary, but fun.

Smitch, Have you been to the Villian's Sinister Soiree? If so, is it worth it?

We went last year. The parade and show viewing area was awesome! The actual dessert party (we went to the 10:15pm one) was mixed in my opinion...we would have done the late one but we had our 2 and 7 year old with us. I loved the villains but it felt rushed compared to other character meals for the amount of money. The kids loved the dragon cups but hated the desserts. Out of the 4 of us I'm the only one who liked the desserts. Would I do it again? Probably not for $99/person but it was cool to do once.

Probably a stupid question, but....Someone told me you could a use a regular gate ticket to get entrance to the MNSSCHP. I told them they were crazy that you had to buy an actual ticket for the event. but she was sure that you could use your regular passes. For example, if we were going for 5 days but had 6 days in the parks then one of the days could be used for the party. Please tell me who is correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter