• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

WDWMagic does not have that date as being sold out for last year.
Hmmm...not sure why. Someone reported it as sold out, otherwise it wouldn't be listed that way in my guest list thread from last year. I'll have to investigate. Lol

I really feel like I can plan my trip now, any other Halloween guests doing their ADRs the first weekend of May? Hoping for free dining too.

S now that many of us have tickets ordered, are you dressing up?

I really feel like I can plan my trip now, any other Halloween guests doing their ADRs the first weekend of May? Hoping for free dining too.

S now that many of us have tickets ordered, are you dressing up?
We always dress up. :)

How crowded is a sold out party? I was going to get tix for Sept 27, but it looks like the equivalent date sold out last year.

That makes me sad ;) But wont keep me from attending

That is incorrect - there is a DVC discount on MNSSHP. Just bought my tickets today. You can calling the main ticket line and they will look you up, or sign onto Disney site and it should do recognize you as a DVC member and offer the discount.

That is incorrect - there is a DVC discount on MNSSHP. Just bought my tickets today. You can calling the main ticket line and they will look you up, or sign onto Disney site and it should do recognize you as a DVC member and offer the discount.
We are talking about the Disney Visa, not DVC. :)

Sorry if this has been asked already, but how soon should I book my tickets? I'd like to wait till the start of may simply for budgeting reasons but don't want to miss out, I'm wanting to go on the first night of the party.

No word or any mention of the Soiree.

Nope. Saw a thing on mousesavers and they have that it will be the Villains Mix and Mingle, Villains will be spread throughout the park and that the Evil Queen and Maleficent are crashing the Snow White and Aurora Meet and Greet...

I'm happy I got to experience the party last year as prices have gone up to $72 for the September parties and $78 for the October ones!!!! I guess Disney learned their lesson about upset guests and adding Soiree's in at the last minute... They probably refunded a good bit of money that they didn't want to try again this year...

Sorry if this has been asked already, but how soon should I book my tickets? I'd like to wait till the start of may simply for budgeting reasons but don't want to miss out, I'm wanting to go on the first night of the party.

According to the post that's quoted in post #341, the earliest date that sold out last year was September 26 (and in fact that was the only September date to sell out), so you won't have anything to worry about unless something really out of the ordinary happens this year.

Nope. Saw a thing on mousesavers and they have that it will be the Villains Mix and Mingle, Villains will be spread throughout the park and that the Evil Queen and Maleficent are crashing the Snow White and Aurora Meet and Greet...

I'm happy I got to experience the party last year as prices have gone up to $72 for the September parties and $78 for the October ones!!!! I guess Disney learned their lesson about upset guests and adding Soiree's in at the last minute... They probably refunded a good bit of money that they didn't want to try again this year...
I hope they do the soirée again this year and I would be surprised if they didn't. it was very popular and a really great experience. One of the best things we've done in awhile at disney. :)

I hope they do the soirée again this year and I would be surprised if they didn't. it was very popular and a really great experience. One of the best things we've done in awhile at disney. :)

Well, to correct myself, it's not a Mix and Mingle show... it's going to just be a new show apparently.

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-dis...-special-events-festivals-and-parties/#mnsshp (If this isn't the place for this link, I apologize in advance)

All I know is that with what is advertised as of right now, Disney has not said a word about the Soiree. I think you'll have a mob scene on your hands this year if they try and do what they did last year and add it last minute. They've beefed up the price quite a bit (depending on the party you're attending) and they have stated where at least 2 of the villains WILL BE LOCATED. To take those villains out of that M&G now, after tickets are on sale, is not in Disney's best interest.

Should be interesting to see what Disney has up their sleeve. Like I said, I think they wound up refunding enough people last year, that coupled with the increase in admission this year, they don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Purchased our MNSSHP for 10/12 and 10/13. We love the Christmas parties and we are looking forward to our first Halloween parties!

So MNSSHP will be happening on Sunday, Thursday and Friday during our trip. Friday makes the most sense for our schedule, and I'd love to end our trip with the party. I'm just scared this will mean big crowds due to the weekend night. It would be October 2nd. I've been to the party twice - in 2008 went on a Friday night and in 2011 went on a Thursday night. I don't remember one party being more crowded than the other, but the Friday party I went to was like early in September so I'm thinking the locals wouldn't be coming to the parties as much as in October. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thanks.

We are planning on being in the area Sept 26 - Oct 3. There are 3 party nights during our stay - Sun Sep 27, Thurs Oct 1 or Fri Oct 2. I was hoping for a Tuesday but there isn't one that week. I know Fridays are busier because of the locals, so that narrows me down to two dates - Sep 27 or Oct 1. Anyone have an suggestion as to which date would be better (lower crowds)?

We will be there during this time as well. We never even considered Friday because most dissers agree that locals come out in droves. I would think Sunday would be less crowded since it is a "work/school" night. And we are going to get our tickets at the end of June/beginning of July.

We are going on Sunday and Thursday since this will be our only chance to go with our big kids. We aren't interested in most rides, though we will throw a few in there; we're going for the m&g's, magic shots and parade along with a little trick-or-treating. The kids want to do the dance party as well, so there is plenty to do over both nights.

Hope you guys have fun!

September 15th for me!! Can't get me tickets for another 2 weeks though (stupid bills). I can't wait to see my 2YO DD's face!!

How long does it take before parties start to sell out? We are trying to decide which night to go 10/31 or 11/1 and would really like to see EasyWDW's preliminary crowd calendar first. It should be up within the next ten days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter