"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Do the characters' costumes stay pretty consistent year to year? Like if I wanted to dress up as Piglet with wings, would that be what he's wearing this year?

I SOO want to do Big Hero 6 Costumes for us (the ones in their "super hero" costumes) but can't find them anywhere!! has anyone seen them that aren't hundreds of dollars or do you think they will be out closer to Halloween this year?

If your planning on bayomax, I know you can get built in fan costumes for clowns and such, you may wanna try a theatre company store. Also, check out a site such as stylinonline they SOMETIMES have t-shirt versions of super hero costumes that might make a good base to work off of.

If your planning on bayomax, I know you can get built in fan costumes for clowns and such, you may wanna try a theatre company store. Also, check out a site such as stylinonline they SOMETIMES have t-shirt versions of super hero costumes that might make a good base to work off of.
Yeah I can find Bayomax costumes EVERYWHERE!! Just none of the others and that is the one we don't want to be I would like the 2 girls Hiro and Wasabi costumes and I know their regular clothes would be fairly easy but I am wanting the hero form of them

I SOO want to do Big Hero 6 Costumes for us (the ones in their "super hero" costumes) but can't find them anywhere!! has anyone seen them that aren't hundreds of dollars or do you think they will be out closer to Halloween this year?

My son told me the other day he wants to be "Hero" Hiro for Halloween... he's not really into costumes so I was SHOCKED he wants to dress up this year... but yeah you can't find that costume anywhere. I'm hoping once it gets a little closer to Halloween the Disney store or one of the halloween stores will have some kind of costume! I'd actually be shocked if they didn't, seems like a big market they would be missing out on!

This will be our third trip during the season, and we have finally decided to try the party! We're planning on going 9/15. Looking forward to following along here as I have no idea what the party is all about or what we should plan to do there.

So MNSSHP will be happening on Sunday, Thursday and Friday during our trip. Friday makes the most sense for our schedule, and I'd love to end our trip with the party. I'm just scared this will mean big crowds due to the weekend night. It would be October 2nd. I've been to the party twice - in 2008 went on a Friday night and in 2011 went on a Thursday night. I don't remember one party being more crowded than the other, but the Friday party I went to was like early in September so I'm thinking the locals wouldn't be coming to the parties as much as in October. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thanks.

We are trying to decide between oct 29th or the 31st. Originally we had thought that we'd do the 29th and spend the 31st at the hotel (Polynesian). I thought they'd probably do some activities for kids that are special for Halloween and we could watch fireworks from the pool. Now I'm wondering if we should do Halloween party on Halloween instead. Will crowds be crazy? What would you do?

We are planning on being in the area Sept 26 - Oct 3. There are 3 party nights during our stay - Sun Sep 27, Thurs Oct 1 or Fri Oct 2. I was hoping for a Tuesday but there isn't one that week. I know Fridays are busier because of the locals, so that narrows me down to two dates - Sep 27 or Oct 1. Anyone have an suggestion as to which date would be better (lower crowds)?

Do you have any specific questions? Last year there were changes in the party which changed our plans a bit. This year there might be changes as well with the hub expansion.
I have never been before so I know absolutely nothing. I don't even know what questions to ask.

I have never been before so I know absolutely nothing. I don't even know what questions to ask.

Your party ticket will get you into the park at 4pm even though the party starts at 7.

The headless horseman makes his ride before the parade. My favorite spot to get a picture of him is between the Emporium and Barber Shop. The picture in the first post was taken there.

The parade is a not miss in our book.

The character M&G are really fun. Just be aware that lines for the more popular characters can start over an hour before the party starts.

There are two character dance parties. Last year the one was villains themed and the other was Monster U themed.

Trick or Treat lines can get really long, but if you aren't into seeing characters, the best time to ToT is at opening. Start at the Splash Mt trail, go to the POTC stop, then the Tiki room, then take the passage way to Frontierland and make a ToT stop at the dance party, and stop to dance with the characters. Skip the ToT line at the Steamboat, because lines for that are shorter later. The candy trail between New Fanasyland and Tomorrowland has one entrance and one exit area. If the entrance is in New Fanatasyland, stop at Pinochio Haus for ToT, then head to the trail. The candy stop at Stitch always has a long line for some reason? Go to the Tomorrowland ToT locations and stop at the dance party to dance with the characters.

Hallowishes is one of the best firework shows Disney has to offer. To me, this is a not miss. Our favorite viewing is between 7DMT and BOG. You are surrounded on all sides by fireworks. It's a very intense experience. The show is designed for best viewing from Main St though.

If you want to see characters, you'll need to prioritize who you'd like to see and plan accordingly. I'd suggest getting in line no later than 6 for Jack and Sally or the 7 Dwarfs.

ETA: Please keep in mind that it is nearly impossible to do everything the party offers. Decide what about the party is important to you.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure other people will chime in with their tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter