"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

I have been to Disney in either September or October every trip and NEVER done a MNSSHP! I've decided this is the year for it. pixiedust: So, for the first time in a while I feel at a loss at Disney planning. LOL I will definitely be following this thread for all the info! I'm thinking we'll be going either Sept 20 or 22. We'll be there for a Friday night one as well, but seems like that might be crowded.

Does pretty much everyone dress up? Is it crazy to go on rides in a costume? Is it weird for 2 adults with kids to be dressed up? This is the first year we are going without our son, who will be away at college. Very surreal planning a vacation without him! My husband tells me this is normal, that people have to stop taking their kids on vacation sometime but I don't like it! :sad:

Thanks for the tips given already and those to come!! And looks like I'll be seeing some of you there.

CRT is open some nights of the halloween party until 7 pm. The villians soiree must take place after that. I booked my daughter's birthday dinner there this morning for 9/27 at 5:15pm. I was worried we wouldn't be able to eat there because of the soiree, but I was happily surprised. Our plan is to head to the parks later in the day before dinner... eat and then enjoy all of the fun MNSSHP happenings!

I have been to Disney in either September or October every trip and NEVER done a MNSSHP! I've decided this is the year for it. pixiedust: So, for the first time in a while I feel at a loss at Disney planning. LOL I will definitely be following this thread for all the info! I'm thinking we'll be going either Sept 20 or 22. We'll be there for a Friday night one as well, but seems like that might be crowded.

Does pretty much everyone dress up? Is it crazy to go on rides in a costume? Is it weird for 2 adults with kids to be dressed up? This is the first year we are going without our son, who will be away at college. Very surreal planning a vacation without him! My husband tells me this is normal, that people have to stop taking their kids on vacation sometime but I don't like it! :sad:

Thanks for the tips given already and those to come!! And looks like I'll be seeing some of you there.

I wouldn't say everyone dresses up but a lot of people do. It is definitely not weird for adults to dress up. It's all part of the fun. My boyfriend and I are in our mid twenties with no kids and dress up every time. We've been characters from Ratatouille and Peter Pan and this year is undecided.

Definitely think about what you will be wearing in terms of rides if you plan on going on them during the party. When I was the rat from Ratatouille, I wore a plain dress that was that blue/grey colour like his fur but I had fun getting on Space Mountain and the Speedway in it due to the length. It was far from short (just above the knee) but it was awkward to get into the vehicles and sit down in as it rode up. Make sure accessories are tied down too - my captain hook hat had to be taken off for Space Mountain!

Hope you have a great time!

I went to the first party last year and very few people were dressed up. I felt like weer stuck out like a sore thumb. Yet other parties, especially closer to Halloween there were people who went all out with their costumes.

We usually go on Halloween night and i don't see too many people who aren't dressed up! Last year i loved the couple who dressed like Walt and his wife. One family were the ghosts from the haunted mansion and their costumes were amazing!

We are going Oct. 18th! :cool1: I know this will probably be a sold out party, but I'm just wondering....do any nights actually sell out in the summer? Or more then likely a week or two before the date?

We are going Oct. 18th! :cool1: I know this will probably be a sold out party, but I'm just wondering....do any nights actually sell out in the summer? Or more then likely a week or two before the date?

I never kept track of when they sold out. But the days closest to Halloween went first. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Dates are announced for 2015! Tickets go on sale in April.

25 nights of MNSSHP!

• September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27
  • October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
  • November 1
Official Guest List http://disboards.com/threads/official-2015-mnsshp-guest-list-thread.3383734/

These are the sold out dates from 2014 Thanks @smitch425!

Fri Sept 26

Thurs Oct 9

Fri Oct 10

Mon Oct 13

Thurs Oct 16

Fri Oct 17

Sun Oct 19

Fri Oct 24

Tues Oct 28

Thurs Oct 30th

Friday Oct 31

What to expect at MNSSHP?

The ride of the Headless Horseman!

20140901_201516-1.jpg

Boo to You Parade with some of everybody's favorites and some rare characters too!

DSC_0913.jpg

Character Meet and Greets

DSC_0553.jpg

Dance Parties (A villain theme dance party and a Monsters Inc. themed dance party)

DSC_0570.jpg

DSC_0923.jpg

Trick or Treating

DSC_0552.jpg

Villians Mix and Mingle Show

DSC_0780.jpg

Hallowishes

DSC_0932.jpg

New in 2014 was the Villains' Sinister Soirée. An additional ticketed event within MNSSHP. This was a big hit and sold out most if not all nights. It included a character dessert inside Cinderella's castle, reserved viewing for the parade and Hallowishes.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...eets-at-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

2013 Official thread http://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2013-mnsshp-information.3105119/

This may have already been asked, but does anyone know when Hallowishes starts? I'm working on making an ADR for the California grill on a not so scary night and I would love to choose a time that makes it possible to see the fireworks.

We are hoping to go on Oct 6. We already have our costumes. After Halloween I scored some nice ones 75% off :)

This may have already been asked, but does anyone know when Hallowishes starts? I'm working on making an ADR for the California grill on a not so scary night and I would love to choose a time that makes it possible to see the fireworks.

9:30pm

What day in April do the tickets go on sale?

Someone who recently called was told April 8, but no official announcement specifying anything other than "April".

9:30pm

Someone who recently called was told April 8, but no official announcement specifying anything other than "April".

Hopefully, they will stagger the announcements for FTF, FSF Premium Package and MNSSHP, or they will be overwhelmed with calls or online traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter