• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2014 MNSSHP Guest List (and discussion) Thread

Just booked our first ever MNSSHP!! 10/19 Me, DH, and DS's 10, 7. The boys don't know yet :) They will love getting a SOTMK card!! Not sure about costumes yet... We are semi-local and do wdw alot, but never a party!! SUPER excited!! Now, just have to learn, YAY!

I have a question about Disney's rules for adults dressing up. I'm going as Elsa at the MNSSHP. I bought a high-low dress-doesn't touch ground, an Elsa wig, and made "ice" flip flops. I read on a blog that adults can not dress up to resemble characters. Is this true?!?! I plan on dressing in the restroom there after our dinner at LTT. We will arrive at MK by 3:30 as my boys have PL ressies. I just don't want to drag this costume for them to tell me no :-(

I have a question about Disney's rules for adults dressing up. I'm going as Elsa at the MNSSHP. I bought a high-low dress-doesn't touch ground, an Elsa wig, and made "ice" flip flops. I read on a blog that adults can not dress up to resemble characters. Is this true?!?! I plan on dressing in the restroom there after our dinner at LTT. We will arrive at MK by 3:30 as my boys have PL ressies. I just don't want to drag this costume for them to tell me no :-(

That's on an everyday basis, but I believe that rule doesn't count for the Halloween party.

You shouldn't have any problems. You'll see plenty of adults at MNSSHP dressed as Disney characters, including some whose costumes are as good or better than the "official" ones! The only rule is that you cannot pose for pictures with other guests or sign autographs or you can be asked to leave-- and of course, costumes are not allowed for adults except for the party days, generally starting at 4:00 pm.

Updated info: Still going 9/23. Still 2A/1C Dinner - BOG 5:15 PM (Still can't believe I scored this)
Costumes - DH: Pongo Me: Perdita DS: The "and one Dalmatian"

It looks like DD(9) and I are dragging my best friend this year. :yay:

date attending - October 21
total number of people in your party - 3
# of Adults and # of children - 2a 1c
costumes for each party member: me - Ursala bf: Prince Eric dd: Ariel (I let DD pick the theme and costumes :faint:)
ADR place and time: N/A

We switched our date to Tuesday, September 23.
DD (7) & Me (DMom)
4:20 pm reservation at CP
Costume: Anastasia & Drizella (bow looks weird, still working on the details... and of course, we'll wear some gaudy make up!)

Yeah! Let the countdown begin. :cool1:

10559814_10204328044506403_1776610828850359532_n.jpg

15190_10204328044666407_2978988733428941247_n.jpg

1907718_10204328044866412_5486140919145239221_n.jpg

Yay! More costumes! :goodvibes

I apologize for not updating the list as of late. I have been out of town for the birth of my newest niece, but I will have everyone added/updated by tomorrow night. Enjoy your evening, everyone! :goodvibes

yay! More costumes! :goodvibes

i apologize for not updating the list as of late. I have been out of town for the birth of my newest niece, but i will have everyone added/updated by tomorrow night. Enjoy your evening, everyone! :goodvibes

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fist time MNSSHP!!

Date - October 19th
Attending - 3 (1 adult, 2 teens)
Costumes - DDs (twins) going as Mickey and Minnie
ADR - N/A

Date(s) attending: 10/3
Total in party: 2
# of Adults and # of children: 2 adults
Costumes: Wendy (myself), and undecided (friend)
ADR: none

So I just thought id share my great find this past weekend... I was very iffy about if I was going to dress up for the Halloween party because the idea of that itchy polyester material most costumes are made of with the Florida heat didn't sound so good to me... But I made a trip to Walmart and came across Batman, Superman, and Ninja Turtles t-shirts with attached capes! I bought Batman and plan on pairing it with some black shorts and the batman eye mask! Simple, but is still a costume AND I won't be sweating!

So I just thought id share my great find this past weekend... I was very iffy about if I was going to dress up for the Halloween party because the idea of that itchy polyester material most costumes are made of with the Florida heat didn't sound so good to me... But I made a trip to Walmart and came across Batman, Superman, and Ninja Turtles t-shirts with attached capes! I bought Batman and plan on pairing it with some black shorts and the batman eye mask! Simple, but is still a costume AND I won't be sweating!
Great find! Thanks for sharing!!! I am modifying my family's Incredibles costumes to short sleeves for the same reason, with red tights instead of pants! Hoping that will keep us cool enough!

My costume this year for MNSSHP is Sally from Nightmare. I have the costume which includes a wig, but my hair is pretty close to Sally's albeit a wee bit short. Thinking the wig will be hot and sweaty in Sept in Orlando. Any suggestions on where to get my hair dyed cherry red, or even the best way to do it myself. The most I've dyed my hair was to use SunIn when I was a teenager. Naturally I want this to be temp and either wash out or fade fairly quickly. (I can deal with red hair for a week or two). Don't think the spray stuff will get all my hair red and I'm also not wanting something that will come off as I sweat (oooo a young lady is never suppose to talk about sweating!). Don't want to end up looking like a red Sally.

Thanks!

Caroline

My costume this year for MNSSHP is Sally from Nightmare. I have the costume which includes a wig, but my hair is pretty close to Sally's albeit a wee bit short. Thinking the wig will be hot and sweaty in Sept in Orlando. Any suggestions on where to get my hair dyed cherry red, or even the best way to do it myself. The most I've dyed my hair was to use SunIn when I was a teenager. Naturally I want this to be temp and either wash out or fade fairly quickly. (I can deal with red hair for a week or two). Don't think the spray stuff will get all my hair red and I'm also not wanting something that will come off as I sweat (oooo a young lady is never suppose to talk about sweating!). Don't want to end up looking like a red Sally.

Thanks!

Caroline

If you have a Sally's beauty supply near you, they have spray in temporary hair color. Your hair would be a bit stiff from the paint, but it's always washed out of the hair I've seen it used in.

:artist:

Only time an adult can dress as a character is for MNSSHP. I'd say 3/4 of the people dress up and it's sooo much fun to see all the costumes.

Caroline

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter