Official 2013/2014 Disney Military Promotion

First, let me say thanks CF, you have been a valuable source of info here for a long time. I have a question I hope you or Steve TLT can answer.

I am going to WDW towards the end of March and am trying to decide the best ticket option for this trip. I have used the Military salute tickets many times and have always had good success with them. This time, I am considering a 6 or 7 day park hopper and want to be able to use the new magic band setup with fastpass +. I know I can do this with 4 day Military Salute tickets. The question is, if I purchase the 7 day hopper from the base ticket office will I still be able to participate in FP+? If I decide to go the 7 day route I know I can save several dollars by buying on base but I would like to participate in the new system. What's my best option for savings and FP+?

Sorry but I cannot give any answers about My Magic Plus, which includes FP+. The system is still in testing phase and who knows what will happen, especially more than a week out.

First, let me say thanks CF, you have been a valuable source of info here for a long time. I have a question I hope you or Steve TLT can answer.

I am going to WDW towards the end of March and am trying to decide the best ticket option for this trip. I have used the Military salute tickets many times and have always had good success with them. This time, I am considering a 6 or 7 day park hopper and want to be able to use the new magic band setup with fastpass +. I know I can do this with 4 day Military Salute tickets. The question is, if I purchase the 7 day hopper from the base ticket office will I still be able to participate in FP+? If I decide to go the 7 day route I know I can save several dollars by buying on base but I would like to participate in the new system. What's my best option for savings and FP+?

Hi Oomiak,

First and most important, you'll have to be staying at a Disney resort to use the FP+.

The Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets from your base can be linked in MDE and along with your resort reservation will allow you to make your FP+ reservations.

As CF said they are still testing and tweeking, but this is how it is working right now.

Thank you both for the answers. I understand this is all still in the testing phase and there's now way to know what it will look like several months from now.

Steve, I will be staying on property. Since I can link the regular discounted tickets to MDE, I think I will be able to use FP+ or whatever system is in place at that time. Thanks for info!

Now if I could just get them to open the new mine train ride....:)

I have read about this before but cannot find the info. Do all 6 passes need to be purchased at once? I want to purchase one for WDW and use in January but save the other 5 in case we go to WDW over the summer. If I buy just one now, do I forfeit the other 5?

Thank you for all your information.
Linda

I have read about this before but cannot find the info. Do all 6 passes need to be purchased at once? I want to purchase one for WDW and use in January but save the other 5 in case we go to WDW over the summer. If I buy just one now, do I forfeit the other 5?

Thank you for all your information.
Linda

Hi there,

They do not all need to be purchased at once. What you'd like to do is just fine.

The single purchase was a short lived rule in Oct 2012. When that year's offer came out that silly rule was part of it but I got Disney to drop it within weeks. Unfortunately the contract between Disney and MWR was never altered and many Base Ticket Offices adhered to that rule all year.

I have decided to purchase 6 day tickets for our trip in August. My question is this...what is the savings if I purchase them through a local military base as opposed to directly from Disney?
Also, I am set on doing my fp+ reservations at 60 days! If I buy the tickets from my home base, will they be tickets in hand or a voucher? And either way, can they definitely be linked to MDE?
Thank you so much for all your help and information. Oh, and we are staying at CR so we will be on property( thanks to a wonderful military discount)

My father is retired military. I'm just trying to make sure I understand this. If we wanted to use the military tickets...he would need to go with us to each park correct? If my parents did NOT want to go to 4 parks during one trip, would we still be able to get into the park on a day they did NOT go with us? Does this make sense? They're older, and I don't know if they could do 4 parks in one trip.

Hi there,

They do not all need to be purchased at once. What you'd like to do is just fine.

The single purchase was a short lived rule in Oct 2012. When that year's offer came out that silly rule was part of it but I got Disney to drop it within weeks. Unfortunately the contract between Disney and MWR was never altered and many Base Ticket Offices adhered to that rule all year.

Thanks Steve! I knew I read something about it and I am very glad you were able to clear that up :)
Linda

I have the same question as photobee. My father is retired military but would not be coming to the parks. So am I allowed I use the tickets since I am an adult and do not have an ID? I'm a veteran but unfortunately that doesn't count.

I have decided to purchase 6 day tickets for our trip in August. My question is this...what is the savings if I purchase them through a local military base as opposed to directly from Disney?
Also, I am set on doing my fp+ reservations at 60 days! If I buy the tickets from my home base, will they be tickets in hand or a voucher? And either way, can they definitely be linked to MDE?
Thank you so much for all your help and information. Oh, and we are staying at CR so we will be on property( thanks to a wonderful military discount)

Hi,

The Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets purchased on base should be regular tickets and ready to go. Check with them to make sure they won't be vouchers. There won't be any issue linking in MDE if they are ready for use and little chance of an issue for vouchers. I've only heard from 1 or 2 people who couldn't link their AFS ticket vouchers.

The regular ticket savings off the gate price is only 4-8% based on length and options though.

My father is retired military. I'm just trying to make sure I understand this. If we wanted to use the military tickets...he would need to go with us to each park correct? If my parents did NOT want to go to 4 parks during one trip, would we still be able to get into the park on a day they did NOT go with us? Does this make sense? They're older, and I don't know if they could do 4 parks in one trip.

I have the same question as photobee. My father is retired military but would not be coming to the parks. So am I allowed I use the tickets since I am an adult and do not have an ID? I'm a veteran but unfortunately that doesn't count.

Hi there,

The military member (retiree in this case) needs to activate one of the tickets for themselves the other 5 can be for whoever they want. Once the tickets are activated the party need not stay together. They can go to different parks or even on different days through 27 Sept 2014. So mom and dad won't have to try to keep up, they can lounge by the pool.

Your father must be physically present at a WDW Park ticket or Guest Relations window to activate the Armed Forces Salute tickets. If he purchases fewer than six, he does not need to have one himself. If the does purchase six one of them must be for his use.

... If he purchases fewer than six, he does not need to have one himself. If the does purchase six one of them must be for his use.

Hi CF, I've never heard that before, is it new? I thought the member always had to have a ticket (unless they had an AP or SP)

Thanks, Steve

Hi there,

The military member (retiree in this case) needs to activate one of the tickets for themselves the other 5 can be for whoever they want. Once the tickets are activated the party need not stay together. They can go to different parks or even on different days through 27 Sept 2014. So mom and dad won't have to try to keep up, they can lounge by the pool.

Your father must be physically present at a WDW Park ticket or Guest Relations window to activate the Armed Forces Salute tickets. If he purchases fewer than six, he does not need to have one himself. If the does purchase six one of them must be for his use.

Thank you both so much for that info! I'm glad we wouldn't have to worry about them getting too worn out trying to keep up with our crazy group! :) I'm sure relaxing sounds much better to them too!

My brother is currently in the Navy Reserves. Is he eligible for the Armed Forces Salute ticket? What is the cost of the ticket? Thanks

My brother is currently in the Navy Reserves. Is he eligible for the Armed Forces Salute ticket? What is the cost of the ticket? Thanks

He sure is.

Disney World Armed Forces Salute Prices

Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $169.00*
Four-Day Water Park and More Tickets for $169.00*
Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets plus the Water Park and More Option for $198.00

I know CF is going to say he can't answer this question, but maybe someone else can. If I buy my Armed Forces Salute tickets, right now, can I link these tickets to MDE for FP+? And as an aside, because these are hard copy tickets without an RFID chip, can I double dip at DHS and the AK, *IF* the regular FP- machines are still in play at that time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter