Official 2013/2014 Disney Military Promotion

The afs tic I got in October were RFID (we used then on the mickey heads at the turnstiles). They did have active mag strips on the back, though, and were able to pull legacy fp. Whether that is still the case.now,.I don't know

The afs tic I got in October were RFID (we used then on the mickey heads at the turnstiles). They did have active mag strips on the back, though, and were able to pull legacy fp. Whether that is still the case.now,.I don't know

When I thought of this this morning, I found a tiny glimmer of hope here. Were you able to add your inactive AFS tickets to your MDE to be able to book FP+? I can't seem to find that information anywhere and I don't trust a customer service CM in a call center to give me correct info. I've seen people say they can add their Military tickets to their MDE account, but no one specifies if they are regular military discounted MYW tickets or AFS tickets.

We stayed at shades, so fp+ wasn't an option for us. We never tried linking them because there was no point.

We stayed at shades, so fp+ wasn't an option for us. We never tried linking them because there was no point.

We have a military discount package with dining booked at the Wilderness Lodge. I just e-mailed guest services and asked if I could link inactive AFS tickets to MDE in order to make FP+ reservations. We'll see what they say. I'll post the response here.

I just received this response. You can add inactive AFS tickets to your MDE in order to participate in FP+.

Dear CXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

No worries, I'm happy to assist you with your inquiry today about
linking your inactive Armed Forces Salute tickets to My Disney
Experience, in order to participate in Fastpass +.

If your tickets have ticket numbers, it can be done through the
following url: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/link/tickets-passes/
all you need to do is copy the url into a browser and you'll be able to
set everything up from there.

It's been a pleasure assisting you today.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Sincerely,

Ashunda McKinley
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

He sure is.

Disney World Armed Forces Salute Prices

Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $169.00*
Four-Day Water Park and More Tickets for $169.00*
Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets plus the Water Park and More Option for $198.00

Disney's site does not list the option of four day base (no park hopper) and water park and more for $169. It only lists the other two ticket options. Is that definitely still option?

Also, can I order magic bands now and link salute tickets later (when I buy them from military base)? Will they link ok?

I heard that the problem of linking (and keeping) fastpass+ reservations to military salute tickets had resolved itself. Is this correct?

Thank you for all your assistance!!

I have AFS tickets that have already been activated. My brother is military. We did not use all days and would like to go back and use them.

Will I be able to upgrade my ticket to WPF&M without my brother present?

Also I have two days left on my ticket, when I upgrade how many wpf&m credits will I receive?

My friend is recently divorced. Her ex-husband was in the Marines and has a Military ID. Their two teenage sons and herself are planning a trip to Disney. Is there any way for them to use the Armed Forces Salute Tickets?? Even if she cant, what about the kids??? They have joint custody. Thanks for any input

My friend is recently divorced. Her ex-husband was in the Marines and has a Military ID. Their two teenage sons and herself are planning a trip to Disney. Is there any way for them to use the Armed Forces Salute Tickets?? Even if she cant, what about the kids??? They have joint custody. Thanks for any input

He would have to go with them. The military member or the current spouse has to activate the tickets. It also makes a difference as to his status. The offer is only available to active duty, active reserve and retired military members, not members who have separated before retirement.

I will be staying at the YC this summer. I want to buy the 6 salute tickets to use for me and my 2 kids back to back. Now, if I buy them early, can I link all 6 to our bands or do I have to link the first three we use, then after used, add the other three? That means I couldn't get advanced FP+ for at least the second set.

Thanks for any info. This is so new to me. Last time we went to WDW, we only used one salute ticket and activated them at GS before we first used. We went to DL last year, and back to back was so much easier.

I will be staying at the YC this summer. I want to buy the 6 salute tickets to use for me and my 2 kids back to back. Now, if I buy them early, can I link all 6 to our bands or do I have to link the first three we use, then after used, add the other three? That means I couldn't get advanced FP+ for at least the second set.

Thanks for any info. This is so new to me. Last time we went to WDW, we only used one salute ticket and activated them at GS before we first used. We went to DL last year, and back to back was so much easier.

You can only have one set active at a time, so you are correct, you will not be able to use advanced FP+ reservations for your first set.

Also remember that even though your first set will linked, they still have to be activated at a ticket window after you arrive.

We are going to Disney in Aug. We will be there 8 days and are planning on using the military salute tickets however we really want to add on an extra day at the parks.... Any opinions as far as is it worth the price ad what would be my cheapest bet?!

We are going to Disney in Aug. We will be there 8 days and are planning on using the military salute tickets however we really want to add on an extra day at the parks.... Any opinions as far as is it worth the price ad what would be my cheapest bet?!

How many people is "we"? You have a limit of 6 tickets per year, and the tickets are only 4 day tickets. If you want to stay for 8 days you have to be a family of three and purchase two sets of Salute tickets, activate the first set, wait until your 5th day, then activate the 2nd set.

He would have to go with them. The military member or the current spouse has to activate the tickets. It also makes a difference as to his status. The offer is only available to active duty, active reserve and retired military members, not members who have separated before retirement. It is also available to DoD employees.

I have a question. You say this is available to DOD employees. I haven't seen this, where can I confirm. We are both veterans and current DOD employees, but not retired military. Thanks!!

He would have to go with them. The military member or the current spouse has to activate the tickets. It also makes a difference as to his status. The offer is only available to active duty, active reserve and retired military members, not members who have separated before retirement. It is also available to DoD employees.

I haven't seen where it is available to DOD employees. Can you give me a reference?? Thank you!

I haven't seen where it is available to DOD employees. Can you give me a reference?? Thank you!

Please accept my apologies, I misspoke. DoD employees cannot use Armed Forces Salute Tickets. You are eligible to stay at Shades of Green, however, and can buy the regular discounted tickets from the counter there I believe, but not the super discounted Armed Forces Salute tickets.

Once again, I apologize if I got your hopes up.

No worries. That's what I thought but sometimes they change the limitations. Oh well, back to the regular plan!!

I'm pretty sure I understand everything correctly, but wanted to see if someone would verify.

My family went to WDW in October, we used 4 AFS tickets (DH-AD, myself, and my 2 boys, DD was 2). I can take DD (she'll be 3 by then) again this fall (early Sept) and buy two more AFS tickets and I can still activate the tickets myself, being the spouse, correct?

Also, I couldn't buy 3 AFS tickets in case my sister went with us, because then that would be a total of 7 tickets used within the "year" is that correct? The sponsor's ID can only activate 6 total AFS tickets for the promotional time period, right?

Thanks for the help!! :flower3:

I'm pretty sure I understand everything correctly, but wanted to see if someone would verify. My family went to WDW in October, we used 4 AFS tickets (DH-AD, myself, and my 2 boys, DD was 2). I can take DD (she'll be 3 by then) again this fall (early Sept) and buy two more AFS tickets and I can still activate the tickets myself, being the spouse, correct? Also, I couldn't buy 3 AFS tickets in case my sister went with us, because then that would be a total of 7 tickets used within the "year" is that correct? The sponsor's ID can only activate 6 total AFS tickets for the promotional time period, right? Thanks for the help!! :flower3:

You are correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter