Official 2013/2014 Disney Military Promotion

Actually the AFS WP&M tickets are currently $198. Plus I will not be going until after it is renewed and except that those tickets will see a price increase as well. Therefore they will cost more than the 2 day base tickets and that should allow me to upgrade them. Does that make sense now?

I think it's really disappointing that Disney does not extend the discounts to veterans other than retired or disabled veterans. My dh spent 12 years as a reservist, including a 16 month long deployment to Iraq, and other than the 2 months we can stay at SOG there is nothing else extended to him. It's a shame IMO...

Ok, so I just read this whole thread and I want to be sure I've got my head screwed on right.

My husband is a retired veteran and we are hoping to use the military discount for the room and get tickets through a local base. That will save use about $700 on our room and a fair amount on our tickets.

My question is this (keeping in mind that to my husband vacation = eating!):

If free dining comes out I think I can save more by going that route. Here's my numbers:

POR Royal Room (full price) $2009 Military discount: $1306
DDP (free) $1873 Dining oop: ~$1500
Tickets (2 day) ~$800 Military Salute: ~$800
Upgrade to Military Salute ~$60
Total: $2869 Total: $3606

Does that make sense? Or did I just lose my last marble? :confused3

I had a friend do better with free dining. They stayed in a moderate, 4 day base ticket and free dining. They went in November. It wasn't a huge savings but it was cheaper. They wanted dining plan so it worked out much cheaper for them.

I had a friend do better with free dining. They stayed in a moderate, 4 day base ticket and free dining. They went in November. It wasn't a huge savings but it was cheaper. They wanted dining plan so it worked out much cheaper for them.

Yeah, we aren't sure what we are going to do yet. I'm just trying to figure out all my options. :) If I can pay rack rate for the room and get free dining and ultimately discounted tickets, that would be perfect! Time will tell. ;)

Please forgive me for not reading through all of these pages...:blush:

We have not used any of the 6 tickets allowed for this year. I am looking at going for Food and Wine Sept. 20-27 which would get us to the last available day. It will be myself and DH. I am trying to price out our best options and wonder if we can do this:

I want to do the tickets plus WP&M on one set (2 of our 6) which gives us 4 regular park days. Can I then use just the 4 day park hoppers (2 more of the 6) for the final four days of our trip? Basically 4 day w/ WP&M Sept 20-23 and $-day PH Sept. 24-27?

If I can't I know I can purchase a 6 day Stars and Stripes for $4 more than the above proposed option. Do these tickets have to be purchased from Shades of Green or can they be purchased before...I'm concerned about FPP plans if waiting to purchase last minute.

Please forgive me for not reading through all of these pages...:blush:

We have not used any of the 6 tickets allowed for this year. I am looking at going for Food and Wine Sept. 20-27 which would get us to the last available day. It will be myself and DH. I am trying to price out our best options and wonder if we can do this:

I want to do the tickets plus WP&M on one set (2 of our 6) which gives us 4 regular park days. Can I then use just the 4 day park hoppers (2 more of the 6) for the final four days of our trip? Basically 4 day w/ WP&M Sept 20-23 and $-day PH Sept. 24-27?

If I can't I know I can purchase a 6 day Stars and Stripes for $4 more than the above proposed option. Do these tickets have to be purchased from Shades of Green or can they be purchased before...I'm concerned about FPP plans if waiting to purchase last minute.

You can use the Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets back to back (water park option or not) up to the 6 limit.

Your local base should carry them or be able to order them so you can get your FP+ going.

Question, you've mentioned 4 park days, when were you going to use the 4 WPF&M entrances?

You can use the Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets back to back (water park option or not) up to the 6 limit. Your local base should carry them or be able to order them so you can get your FP+ going. Question, you've mentioned 4 park days, when were you going to use the 4 WPF&M entrances?

I guess that really would depend on how I could use the 4 WPF&M entrances. In actuality we would probably only use 2...Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon each. Since our children won't be with us I can't see us going more. If I had to use them before activating the other set then I'd plan it Sunday and Tuesday for watermarks and then start the 2nd set.

I have gotten the tickets from the base before so good to know the FPP can get going early! Thanks!!

I have a question about adding our Salute tix onto our MagicBands. We are eating dinner at Chef Mickey's our arrival night. I was thinking of taking the monorail over to the TTC afterwards to add our tix to our MagicBands after dinner. We won't be using our tix until the following morning. Does anyone know how late the TTC ticket windows stay open? Our dinner is for 7:40pm on June 3rd. Would it be possible to show up at the TTC at say 9:00pm and get our MagicBands squared away?

I don't think I've seen this question before, but please forgive if it has.

We are a family of 4. Could we get 4 Salute tickets for WDW and 4 Salute tickets DL in the same year or does the total of 6 tickets preclude this?

I am so glad that you asked that question and so early in the thread. Our family is going to DW in May during hubby's R&R and want to go to DL in December (assuming they renew the program) when we are all back in Texas together. I was hoping to get the discounted tickets for each trip. Duh, just realized they are in different years of the program anyway so it wouldn't have mattered for us, lol.
Thanks!

The two ticketing systems do not (easily) talk to each other. Technically these are two separate programs, so the answer is yes you can do both.

Great to hear!

OK I have a question. My son (USMC) is getting the annual pass but needed to purchase the AFS for his in laws, will they let him do that? He will be there at the same time just not using the military ticket. Could he use his info but let his FIL use the ticket and finger print? Has anyone run onto this?

OK I have a question. My son (USMC) is getting the annual pass but needed to purchase the AFS for his in laws, will they let him do that? He will be there at the same time just not using the military ticket. Could he use his info but let his FIL use the ticket and finger print? Has anyone run onto this?

Hi there,

When the military member is a passholder, Disney waives the requirement for the member to use their own Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket.

So yes, your son will be able to use his annual pass and also get the discounted tickets for the in-laws.:yay:

Are there special tickets for kids under 10? My son purchased tockets for his brother's family and they can't link them to MDE. The site said they needed tickets for a child - not 10 & over tickets. Can my son return the vouchers for child tickets? Thanks for your help!

Has anyone heard anything about the military discounts being extended for 2014/2015? When would this be likely to happen? We arrive on 10/30/14 and have our fingers crossed this will be available for us to take advantage of. We went ahead and made our reservation so we were guaranteed to get the room we wanted and could start paying on it, and then will apply the discount if/when it comes out. Our travel agent thinks it will be extended, but couldn't guarantee it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Are there special tickets for kids under 10? My son purchased tockets for his brother's family and they can't link them to MDE. The site said they needed tickets for a child - not 10 & over tickets. Can my son return the vouchers for child tickets? Thanks for your help!

The Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets are non refundable and there isn't a child's version because they are so cheap. Even if he could return them the regular MYW would be about twice the price.

Tell him to go ahead and make the FP+ for the rest of the family. Once at Disney, get Guest Services to link the ticket and then copy the FP+ to the child's ticket.

Has anyone heard anything about the military discounts being extended for 2014/2015? When would this be likely to happen? We arrive on 10/30/14 and have our fingers crossed this will be available for us to take advantage of. We went ahead and made our reservation so we were guaranteed to get the room we wanted and could start paying on it, and then will apply the discount if/when it comes out. Our travel agent thinks it will be extended, but couldn't guarantee it. Thanks!

Hi, the 2013 announcement was in July, the 2012 in August…

I've already made several engagements w/ Disney on a renewal for this year. I'll update on my site and here. If you'd like you can check my blog for my thoughts.

Steve

Steve, I know you were at the World recently. Did you have any trouble scheduling your fastpasses+ after you arrived?

We are planning to upgrade our 2 day tickets (from the Free Dining Promo) to the 4 day Salute tickets (with WP&M) when we get there. So, right now, we are only able to schedule 2 days of Fast passes + and I'm nervous about what will be left when we get there. I'm hoping we can make this work. Upgrading to the salute tickets is far cheaper than upgrading to a regular 4 day ticket.

I just asked on the resort discount board if anyone got free dining with military tickets for fall 2013. I knew I had seen something about it but couldn't find it. I think this post is what I remember reading!

Did this work?

Hi there,

When the military member is a passholder, Disney waives the requirement for the member to use their own Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket.

So yes, your son will be able to use his annual pass and also get the discounted tickets for the in-laws.:yay:

Thank you so much :cheer2: for the quick response. This is his pre deployment leave and I wanted him to enjoy the parks as much as he could with the annual pass.

Thank you Steve! You have definitely eased my mind a bit. I'll definitely keep an eye on here and check out your blog.

Girls only trip in May for the new vera Bradley disney bags! Booked a mil discount room at GF (thanks DH!) and DH has ordered mil salute tickets which should be here in a couple of weeks. I have almost decided NOT to link my ticket to my magic band as I don't want to be tied to only one park per day under the FP+ system. (If I understand the new FP you can only do three FP per day and only at one park ) Anybody also not linked their tickets and/or do I have to link the ticket ?

Girls only trip in May for the new vera Bradley disney bags! Booked a mil discount room at GF (thanks DH!) and DH has ordered mil salute tickets which should be here in a couple of weeks. I have almost decided NOT to link my ticket to my magic band as I don't want to be tied to only one park per day under the FP+ system. (If I understand the new FP you can only do three FP per day and only at one park ) Anybody also not linked their tickets and/or do I have to link the ticket ?

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning for not linking your tickets. If you don't want to make FP+ selections in advance, then I guess there is no reason to link them until you get there. Whether they are linked or not, you still only get 3 FP and all have to be in the same park. You can still park hop; you just need to decide in which park to use the FP system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter