Offical free dining watch 2008

and they can't apply the deposit we made previously for some reason, so it will go back on the credit card and we pay a new $200 deposit.
Because the original reservation can't be amended; instead, your TA had to make a new reservation - involving a new deposit - for Free Dining, then cancel your existing reservation.

lol what the heck is that sig about? lol If they have toll free numbers, use them. If they shut them down, don't use them.

I would advise everyone check their selected dates today. I think Disney World opened up some more Value resorts for free dining.

I checked dates at the end of August last night, and they were all booked at Pop. Now, there are dates available for both Pop and Movies.

Just FYI :thumbsup2

I would advise everyone check their selected dates today. I think Disney World opened up some more Value resorts for free dining.

I checked dates at the end of August last night, and they were all booked at Pop. Now, there are dates available for both Pop and Movies.

Thank you for letting me know:thumbsup2 I just called and we now have a preferred room at Pop 8/24-8/30 with FD:banana:

lol what the heck is that sig about? lol If they have toll free numbers, use them. If they shut them down, don't use them.

I agree..I don't understand some people siggies..telling other disboarders what to do/not do. :confused3

Just like I didn't think people having existing ressies in anticipation of free dining would effect the possibility of free dining..IT DIDN'T.

The 800#s are there to be used..if one gets shut off they will open a new one. Yes they are curtailing the free calls during the high call volume of free dining, but in general I don't think they "mind" their customers using an 800 number.

I don't understand the policing and speculating on things like this?? JMHO.

I am NOT trying to be mean. Just alittle baffled.

Finally got it. no preferred room at the Pop but we'll live and hope for an upgrade! At least we'll be there with FREE FOOD! :dance3: And did get ressies for cindy's royal table (life is good).

You should check again...I think there are preferred rooms for your dates now...does not hurt to check every few days!:goodvibes

Just like I didn't think people having existing ressies in anticipation of free dining would effect the possibility of free dining..IT DIDN'T.

The 800#s are there to be used..if
But speculative booking DID affect the package availability - look how many DISers were able to book OTHER resorts, but not the ones where they were 'holding' reservations.

And the 800 numbers WERE "there" to be used by Travel Agents. Repeated sharing of these numbers online, and the resultant use, is what's getting 'em shut down SO rapidly.

So, apparently, Disney does mind us using telephones lines they never intended for general use. Again, if Disney wanted to pay for us to call them, they'd PUBLISH the toll-free numbers.

But speculative booking DID affect the package availability - look how many DISers were able to book OTHER resorts, but not the ones where they were 'holding' reservations.

And the 800 numbers WERE "there" to be used by Travel Agents. Repeated sharing of these numbers online, and the resultant use, is what's getting 'em shut down SO rapidly.

So, apparently, Disney does mind us using telephones lines they never intended for general use. Again, if Disney wanted to pay for us to call them, they'd PUBLISH the toll-free numbers.
Let me guess you're a travel agent or maybe a lobbyist for a travel agent?

If I remember correctly your siggie said something about it effecting the possibility of it being offered AT ALL and it was offered despite all the negativity I read on the subject (from different posters)... despite all the ressies. Not to mention all those ressies that were reserved in anticipation are now canceled (if resort of choice was not available at the moment) and are now a part of the overall availability again.

About the 800 number, I don't remember how I got the 800#, but I have had it in my phone address book for a long time, and have always used it. As many times as I've seen that number posted on here, I've never seen anyone say its wrong to use it.

I don't think its as big a deal as some make it out to be..just like the "speculative booking".

Like I said, in my opinion it seems like a lot of speculation and policing to me. I am a positive person and some here seem bent on looking for the negative?? :guilty:
I guess thats all I'll say on the subject because I am not trying to start anything, but I had to say that because it has been bothering me. You can have the last word if you want.

Let me guess you're a travel agent or maybe a lobbyist for a travel agent?
Interesting guess, but no. I'm a realist.

I don't think its as big a deal as some make it out to be..just like the "speculative booking".
If there had just been one or two threads about/requesting toll-free numbers, I'd agree. But since there are more like ten or so - seemingly at least one on every board I read - and since my signature apparently does not violate DIS guidelines, it seems reasonable.

We are booked for FD at ASSports from August 24th to Sept. 1st. We are getting a room only ressie for August 23rd. Anyone else going to be there during the same time?

Also, OT for the toll free number- I don't understand why Disney does not advertise a toll free number. I know of no other theme park, vacation destination or hotel chain that does not offer one prominently displayed in all of their advertising. I believe Disney tries to get every last dime from their customers otherwise they would consider a toll free number a normal business expense. It must be something like the extra fees charged for buffets during holidays - due to customer demand :rolleyes1

We are booked for FD at ASSports from August 24th to Sept. 1st. We are getting a room only ressie for August 23rd. Anyone else going to be there during the same time?

Also, OT for the toll free number- I don't understand why Disney does not advertise a toll free number. I know of no other theme park, vacation destination or hotel chain that does not offer one prominently displayed in all of their advertising. I believe Disney tries to get every last dime from their customers otherwise they would consider a toll free number a normal business expense. It must be something like the extra fees charged for buffets during holidays - due to customer demand :rolleyes1

The toll free number is no more is that why you mentioned this? Don't mind me I fell a lil behind in this thread! :confused3 I called yesterday to add days and tried the 877 number it said it was no longer in service and gave you a 407 number to call for your reservation needs!:guilty:

I was playing around with prices for 9/13-20 and they had Music and Movies for those dates just two hours ago!

The toll free number is no more is that why you mentioned this? Don't mind me I fell a lil behind in this thread! :confused3 I called yesterday to add days and tried the 877 number it said it was no longer in service and gave you a 407 number to call for your reservation needs!:guilty:

Yes, an earlier post said the 877 number has been disconnected. If you read back a few posts, you will see someone was upset that people here were posting and using the 877 number to make reservations - apparently only select individuals are authorized to use the toll free number and Disney changes the number on a regular basis.

We just moved our Sept 4 through Sept 8 Free dining from Pop to Port Orleans Riverside.

Because the original reservation can't be amended; instead, your TA had to make a new reservation - involving a new deposit - for Free Dining, then cancel your existing reservation.

Not always true. We booked several months ago knowing that we were going regardless of the free dining or not.

When the offer came out our TA revised our reservations with the promotion. We didn't have to play around with our deposit (which is good because we've made additional payments on it since the deposit) AND we have the same confirmation number. Oh, and we have the same resort had originally and our special requests were honored too...my parents have the handicapped room.

So, basically, she just changed our dining plan to FREE. Nothing else changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter