• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Offical free dining watch 2008

HI

I keep forgetting which Free Dining thread I have posted to..but anyway..

we got Free Dining Applied to our Ressie for Sept 20-27, a savings of over $1000 for us!! :cool1:

However, we did have to move from POFQ to PORS. I was kinda bummmed about that.

Oh, I starting calling at 6:58 this morning, got through instantly, phone didn't even ring! However, DH was on hold for about 35 minutes to change my parents ressie.

:dance3:

We'll be at the POR at the same time. We will be there 09/12-09/28!

I called today at 5PM (CST) and was off the phone by 5:15. I was shocked. I imagined being on hold for at least an hour. I got free dining :cool1: for my family and my parents staying at POR Sept. 13-20 I just modified my original reservation but I did have to give the AYG code.
I can hardly wait!!! I haven't called yet to make my ADRs. We're trying to make our final decisions, but anyway yeah!!! Thanks to all of you for your advice.

We will too! I am SO excited!

And free eats too!

:woohoo: Woo Hoo! Our AAA TA was able to modify our room only ressies and add the tickets and dining on Wed (and a King room for my parents), then this morning she called back to update it to include the Free Dining! So we lose all AAA discounts on room and package, but keep the handful of AAA perks.

The only 2 minor snags were that the Disney CM accidentally added No Expiration to our tickets at first (but I caught it seeing the price much higher than I expected and they fixed it), and they can't apply the deposit we made previously for some reason, so it will go back on the credit card and we pay a new $200 deposit.

:cool1: Port Orleans Riverside here we come!
Sept 16 - 24th
with tickets with park hoppers
and Free Dining (glad we already made our ADRs 180 days out)
2 adults, a 4-yr old, and a not quite 2-yr old
* Total package = $2167 (a savings of ~ $413, losing $268 AAA room discount and getting $691 dining for free)

My parents are going too. They decided to upgrade to a King room, and have a net savings of ~$311)

My AAA agent hadn't heard of the announcement yet until I told her about it, and the Disney CM seemed surprised that she and I knew about it (Wed). And the TA said she didn't have anyone else waiting for FD either. On the boards it seems like tons of people scrambling for rooms, but it's probably a much smaller % of all the Disney-goers out there that know about it, at least for now.

:sad2: Unfortunately the rest of our day wasn't as good - dealing with rain-induced sump pump problems, a dripping leaking roof, and a child getting sick with a possible peanut allergy...
but tomorrow's another day (actually it's almost tomorrow already 11:59pm here!)

Better tomorrows to all - and good luck for all trying to book Free Dining!

Please just a reminder you are allowed to post codes that are for the general public. Codes for certain groups are not allowed. Thank you.

Finally got it. no preferred room at the Pop but we'll live and hope for an upgrade! At least we'll be there with FREE FOOD! :dance3: And did get ressies for cindy's royal table (life is good).

I booked on Monday with the Disney VISA for 7 nights at POP, Aug. 27 - Sept. 3. Last night DH said we could add 3 more nights! :yay: (Our AP's expire on the 5th). Anyway, last year we tried to add 1 night and had to switch resorts, so I wasn't hopeful, but called this morning and the CM was able to add the extra nights with no problem! I'm so excited!

Man, if I had the extra time off, I'd double our five day stay to ten! We saved an easy $500 by booking free dining. We had planned on going for 3 days in a week, but we moved it back for this free dining!

So I Called Aaa And They Went To Rebook My Reservations. Aug 21 - Aug 31. 2 Ressies With Dining Free From The 24 On... Well Turns Out That If I Go With The Free Dining It Costs Me An Extra Couple Hundred Dollars But If I Stay With The Aaa Discount And Pay For The Dining I Save Money. If I Had Left The Ressie As It Was Originally Booked For The 10 Of Us From Aug 24 On Instead If Adding The Extra 3 Days Then I Would Have Saved.

Oh Well...

Doesn't Sound Right But I Verified It All When I Called Disney As If I Was A New Customer And They Verified It.

This Sucks. Lol

So I Called Aaa And They Went To Rebook My Reservations. Aug 21 - Aug 31. 2 Ressies With Dining Free From The 24 On... Well Turns Out That If I Go With The Free Dining It Costs Me An Extra Couple Hundred Dollars But If I Stay With The Aaa Discount And Pay For The Dining I Save Money. If I Had Left The Ressie As It Was Originally Booked For The 10 Of Us From Aug 24 On Instead If Adding The Extra 3 Days Then I Would Have Saved.

Oh Well...

Doesn't Sound Right But I Verified It All When I Called Disney As If I Was A New Customer And They Verified It.

This Sucks. Lol

That doesn't sound right. I would try and call back Disney and have another CM quote you.

Just want to thank all the disboarders who provided the information found in this thread. We were going to Disney anyways during this time period- but to get free dining is fantastic!

I was on the phone from 7:01 AM to 8:15AM Thursday AM and ended up making a reservation online ( per advice posted in this forum) and confirming the reservation when I finally got hold of a CM.

Pop century standard.

I don't care if it's hot, or it rains, or there is a small hurricane- I will be looking forward to the dining every day- booked 5 restaurants we have not been to. :cool1:

My youngest will just be turning 10- can't imagine paying adult dining price for her smaller appetite. Thank you Disney.

P.S. Missed my 8:30AM meeting at work- a small price to pay. :rolleyes1

Oh Well...

This Sucks. Lol

We had the same situation - I made my AAA res last month because we wanted to be sure we got the WL for Sept 14-20th. We were able to book a woods view room. When I called back when free dining was announced they said the only rooms available (we need 3 of them) for that week at the WL with the free dining were the courtyard view - after you take away the AAA discount, it was $430 more per room.

For that it's worth it for us to keep the woods view and use our Disney gift cards from Quickrewards.net and our Disney Visa rewards to pay for the dining.

That doesn't sound right. I would try and call back Disney and have another CM quote you.

I called them back and it turns out I was right. The AAA discount for the entire trip is better then the pay for 3 days of dining and then free for the last 7 cause I'd have to buy a 1 day park hopper for each person on the trip. That is an extra $750 + the cost of the extra 2 nights for each room and then reduce the other ressies from 10 days to 7 days and the prices jump.

We booked September 6 - 20 for All Star Sports with Free Dining, during bounceback last year. I called yesterday to try to add September 5 to our reservation, and was told that they had nothing left for Free Dining that night at Sports. We ended up just booking room only for the night, since we won't be in until after midnight anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter