~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

Monday, October 24, 2016

Day 10 Part 1​

I was up at 6:30am on my own... I woke with a slight headache - which wasn't good for my upcoming flight and my tendency to dehydrate myself, so I don't need a bio break on the flight...

I had my coffee on the balcony - for one last morning of bliss... It was so enjoyable - I even had a 2nd cup of coffee out there. I noted that MK was super loud this morning - as they were still practicing for the new Castle Show.

20161024_075120_HDR.jpg

20161024_075111.jpg

I had done a favor for a Dis friend looking for some items at Target - she lives in Orlando - and needed a few things that her Target was sold out of, so I brought those with me to give to her... I was getting a bit nervous because we were having issues finding a time and place that was convenient to meet - and I did NOT have room for these items to go home with me... So, if we weren't able to meet - I'd have to leave them behind. In the end - we agreed to meet at SoG at 7:30am - with the stipulation that no pictures would take place... It was too early in the morning for Dis meet pictures. ::yes:: We visited and chatted for quite a while out in front of the resort - it was nice to meet her, as I've known her here and on FB for years! :lovestruc

I went back to our room and got ready for our departure day.

I woke V at 9am and I finished up all of my last minute packing while V was getting ready.

20161024_095814.jpg

We closed the door on room #207 at exactly 10am...

20161024_101106.jpg

We checked our luggage at Bell Services - it was quick and easy, and as always - I tip generously here... These guys have always been super friendly to us over all of our trips - and they also are the ones who drive the Shady Shuttle.

Sadly - our dependable Shady Shuttle was out of service this morning... At the clear look of disappointment on our faces - the guys at Bell Services offered to drive the SoG van up for us, and give us a lift. This was super nice of them!

At the last minute - another family joined us in the van - they were trying to figure out how to get to the monorail at the Poly and the driver was explaining to them where to go... In the end - V and I showed them how to get to the Monorail station - as while they were walking - they started to head to the golf course... And they would have been there all day, had we not shown them were to go. LOL

V checked us in to our last breakfast - Kona!

20161024_103239.jpg

I had eaten breakfast here with Allison back in January - and to say I was unimpressed with Kona was an understatement... I had almost pulled the trigger on canceling this breakfast countless times, as I was not looking forward to it. The only reason I kept it - was because it was the perfect location for a departure day meal, and it was so easy to get back to the resort on time.

We ordered our food...

I had the Poco Loco (on the LE menu - it was FANTASTIC!!!!) I hope they put this on their permanent menu! It hit the spot and it was the perfect size for a pre-flight breakfast. V ordered the Big Kahuna!

20161024_104529.jpg

20161024_105035.jpg

We had the perfect view of the Monorail Station from where we were sitting at Kona... It really was the perfect end to a perfect trip - there is no better resort to end a trip at than The Poly!

20161024_104054_HDR.jpg

While we were waiting... V stole my phone again and took a bunch of pictures of me... There are about 20 more - but these are the highlights. LOL

20161024_104024.jpg

20161024_104023.jpg

Food devoured... V was IN LOVE with the Strawberry Compote sauce... LOL...

20161024_110931.jpg

So much so, that when her meal was done - she wouldn't let them take her little cup, and she started cleaning it out with her knife... :lmao:

20161024_111128.jpg

Our waiter noticed her struggle, and brought her an entire cup for herself...

20161024_111505.jpg

Not wasting a drop - she cleaned out the little cup into her big cup... LOL

20161024_111220.jpg

Our waiter also brought her the recipe - I am not sure what we will do without measurements - I am sure we can find those online somewhere... :scratchin

20161024_111156.jpg

We settled our bill and headed out into the Poly... I still had a few more Dismeets to do this morning...

While we waited, V went into the 2nd floor gift shop to get one last selfie with her Beloved Stitch... She wanted this guy sooooo badly, but neither of us could justify his $70 price tag, even with my AP discount...

20161024_113042.jpg

20161024_113047.jpg

It wasn't long and my friend Stephanie hopped off the Monorail with her DH (can't remember her Disname)... My gosh - these people were great. I so wish I could have met them earlier in my trip - as we stood there for probably 30 minutes, talking and laughing. It was super fun to meet them and get to know them! Thanks for taking the time out of your trip to meet up with us! :lovestruc *Side note - I am wearing the Pinocchio tee shirt that I purchased in Epcot on our first day.

20161024_120816.jpg

Stephanie and her DH went on their way... As they were walking away - Cindy was walking up to us.... Awwwh - this is where it gets hard - I hate saying goodbye to my friends! Over the years - Cindy has etched a place in my heart - she is a fabulous friend... Not only that, but my girls love her so much - it's not often that my girls become attached to the same people - typically, if one girl has a connection with someone, the other girl doesn't. Not with Cindy... Both of my girls love her so much - as do I... So saying goodbye is difficult - at best.

I didn't get any last pictures with Cindy... :(

While we were visiting - Monica joined us... We swapped bags and V took our picture...

20161024_123613.jpg

Before we knew it - it was time for V and I to head back to SoG for our towncar ride back to the airport... We said goodbyes to our cherished friends, and began the sad walk back to SoG...

20161024_124724_HDR.jpg

Waiting for the last Shady Shuttle ride...

20161024_125514_HDR.jpg

20161024_125846.jpg

Bell Services weighed our luggage for us - all bags came in between 35 and 37lbs! Impressive - because they were STUFFED! V's backpack was only coffee mugs. LOL

20161024_130833.jpg

Our town car arrived at exactly 1:10 - a bit early... :(

Good-bye Disney... Good-bye Shades of Green... It's been a wonderful year of trips!​

Link to Day 10 Part 2

D~

Last edited:
We're taking a day off today to relax since I caught a nasty cold. I powered through it yesterday, but we finally left Epcot at 4. I just couldn't walk any further. It seemed so busy and the lines for any of the food booths were crazy long. We did enjoy looking at all the art and they had a few special spots set up for photopass.

We were able to meet up with my sister's family at MK on Thursday. Two of her three grandsons got their faces made up as pirates and she had bought costumes for them. The older one got called up for the pirate show and did so well. The youngest who is only 1 1/2 loved my phone with the Minnie case I got just for Disney. He tried to trade me his Mickey hat and was really sad when I took it back to leave. Her son-in-law had to fly back to Minnesota. If you saw a young girl was shot and killed in St. Paul Wed., that was his niece. They stayed until their regular flight on Sat.

Having a great time swimming now that the weather has warmed up and our pool is warmer. It had a hard time keeping up those nights where the temps dropped to 40. We had mainly used the hot tub, but it's so nice to swim now. Looking forward to just basking in the sun today and trying to kick this cold with a little rest.

Day 10 Part 2​

Our towncar arriving early is always a bit disappointing - at this point of the trip - as relieved as you are to be going home, you want these last moments to last forever...

On our way...

20161024_131300.jpg

We arrived early at the airport... I always have a bit of anxiety leaving, and I'd rather be at the airport way too early than way too late - considering my previous mishap with the fake-o-rail (you can read about that in my Nov 15 TR)...

V and I checked our bags curbside, easy peasy, as usual!

There was absolutely NO line at security and we were through very quickly - we were on the correct fake-o-rail by 2:15.

As we were getting off of the fake-o-rail, we spotted Chipotle... Most of you KNOW my love of Chipotle... Both V and I said, at the same time "REAL FOOD!!!!"

We dropped all of our bags into a booth - and I watched them while V went to order her Chipotle... Then she watched all of our bags while I ordered mine...

20161024_140606.jpg

And then we sat there and relished every moment. This may NOT have been the best point in time to have a full Chipotle meal - ahhhh, but both of us needed real food!

20161024_141749.jpg

We boarded our flight to MDW at 4:10pm... I didn't note our seats, but if I remember correctly we boarded in the mid-Bs... So, we were together, but towards the back of the plane...

20161024_162023.jpg

It was an easy flight to Chicago - no bumps or anything.

Are you out there Mo????

20161024_191051.jpg

We had a 1.5 hour layover in Chicago, and our gate was down this immensely LONG and eerily desolate corridor... Like Twilight Zone type... The more we walked, the more uncomfortable we became... Finally - at the end of the corridor, it opened up to a crowd of people - but it was still quite creepy and didn't feel right. It was ODD!

V was tired, so she took a little nap while waiting - both of us took advantage of real power outlets to charge our phones...

20161024_152921.jpg

We finally boarded late at 7:15pm and took off 30 min later than scheduled at 8:15pm - due to someone needing "additional security"... It was again an easy flight.

20161024_191526.jpg

V was DONE with photos at this point. LOL

20161024_213554.jpg

We arrived home at 9:45... Allison was waiting for us at baggage claim to help us with our luggage. :lovestruc

20161024_213625.jpg

20161024_214157.jpg

She didn't clean out her car - sigh - so we had to stuff all of our luggage into the back seat... :scratchin

20161024_215832.jpg

The boys were up and waiting for us - I sure missed them!

20161024_225000.jpg

We were so tired, though happy to be home and sleeping in our beds. It was a LONG day of travel, and V had to be up and out the door at 6:45 for school the next morning!​

Link to Victoria ~~Growing up Disney - 2003~~

D~

Last edited:
How great that you got the time for a few DIS meets on your last day at WDW.
Sounds like the travel back home went well.

I'm glad you had time for those last few meets at the Poli.
I hate last days at Disney especially when you don't know when you're going back.
It sounds like you had a good trip home even if it was long.
I'm glad Allison found a job she likes but sorry she had to learn that changing about what you wan to do is not always a good thing when it involves paying back all those grants.
Some kids just have to take a year off to figure out what they want to be when they grow up. My daughter changed majors some many times. She finally ended up with a degree as a paralegal and works for an insurance company.
Your lazy day sounds good. I worked all day and ended up staying a half hour past my shift because a customer thought she didn't enough screws for her tv. The manager and opened another on it had the exact same number of screws so we're still not sure if that was right. All the customer problems seem to come at the end of my shifts.
I hope you have a good Sunday
Liz

Thanks for taking us along on your trip. I really enjoyed it! Leaving is always so hard. In fact, while I was reading about your last day and the sadness that comes along with it, I started getting that ache I get when I leave Disney. It's just so sad. I always need to have another trip on my radar to lessen the blow.

Speaking of another trip, I had asked a few pages back about attending MNSSHP and I think we are going to go for it. We are looking forward to it and a two night stay at BLT. That will be a new resort for us.

I've been following Dave Ramsey for years! I'm not gazelle intense as most; DH and I do what works for us but his plan does work.

What a fun trip! How nice that y'all were able to fit in one last Disney meal before heading back to the real world. I feel for V--going to school the day after Disney is the WORST!

Awwww D - I cannot believe "last day" was on your TR; bittersweet right? So many memories made; what an awesome gift you have given to each of your girls their Senior year. What awesome Dis meets you had that last day. Your breakfast at the Poly sounded amazing.

Yes to a "maybe" PTR! Go for it!

So, I lost a chunk of tuition with Shane; due to his misstep at college. When he went off to college out of town a few years ago he knew it wasn't right for him, which is the short story. Being that it was early October when he came home, the payment had been due late August, which came out of our "Texas Tomorrow" plan which each son had/has which pays the tuition hours for that semester and is non-refundable. It is good for tuition only at a set rate of hours. So, I did not get a refund on the fees I paid and he lost 15 hours of the plan total. It was a hard thing to swallow but each child has to find their way somehow and this wasn't right for him and cosmetology school wasn't right for Allison. Like I say, some children have a meandering path to follow until they find the way. I know it's there, they just have to find it, and we have to encourage and pray. I keep saying Shane is on the 20 year plan for college:)

Yay for a lunch with Myrthe. Enjoy! Please share pics!!

Have a wonderful week D! Sending a huge hug and prayers.

Seeing all your bracelets reminded me of the one that was damaged. Did you ever get a replacement? So sad your trip is over. I really enjoyed seeing and hearing about it. I'm already sad that we're not taking one next year and this one isn't even over yet. I keep trying to think of how we could swing it, but I know I have to be responsible.

So funny about your luggage stuffed in Allison's car. It was lucky you had room for Victoria. At least now that we drive I don't have to worry about room for souvenirs. One year the kids had won a bunch of stuffed animals somewhere. So we had them in a big shopping bag. My husband didn't have a carry on so he took it for my daughter. It got hung up in the machine at the airport. Security kind of freaked out when my daughter went back to help and they didn't like that it my husband was carrying it for someone else.

I'm usually the first one up and I like to sit outside with my coffee too. Just to soak as much Florida sun that we can before we go home. It's too bad that you were feeling sick from the food. We usually just eat one meal in the parks and I think that helps. Especially since we're here so long.

Going back to HS this afternoon to ride Rock 'n Roller as that was down and we didn't want to wait. We also want to see the fireworks so my son decided that's how he wanted to use the 5th day on his ticket. We were kind of amazed when we went to Toy Story to use our fast passes and the standby wait was only 25 minutes, and this was at 10:30. Feeling a little better so looking forward to it.

I always take Saturday and Sunday off
I remembered reading that somewhere in one of your TRs, so I followed suit and gave myself this weekend off!! :)

Just watch out for that last ab set on level 2 - I've cried many times on that one! Good luck! ::yes::
You aren't kidding!!!! I did Level 2 this morning and felt like a crazy person trying to keep up. I'm still doing walking push ups and they're already almost done with the next thing....it will take some time to get the hang of this one for sure!! And those ab workouts are insane!

It is not easy, as a parent, to stand back and watch your children make mistakes - but we will also NOT be the parents who try to choose our children's paths in life.
I feel like this quote should be stitched on a sampler and hanging in people's homes!!! Words to live by, and SO true!!

I can't believe your TR is over :sad: Let's hope for a new PTR on the horizon!! After all, I booked our last trip 500 days out--you can plan for the way way future!! pixiedust:

I feel sad for the end of the trip too. I will have to remember about the food overboard when planning our meals. Last time, we were on the QS meal plan and it was great, but we were still overloaded with desserts. Our first trip, we ended up cancelling the majority of our TS reservations near the end of the trip because we just couldn't handle another big meal. I will try to do special dining near the beginning.

It is so hard to watch your kids make choices that you don't agree with. It will be a hard lesson, but it might open doors that you can't even imagine at this point.

Glad you will get to see Myrthe. Even a short visit is better than none. Have a great time.

We're taking a day off today to relax since I caught a nasty cold. I powered through it yesterday, but we finally left Epcot at 4. I just couldn't walk any further. It seemed so busy and the lines for any of the food booths were crazy long. We did enjoy looking at all the art and they had a few special spots set up for photopass.

We were able to meet up with my sister's family at MK on Thursday. Two of her three grandsons got their faces made up as pirates and she had bought costumes for them. The older one got called up for the pirate show and did so well. The youngest who is only 1 1/2 loved my phone with the Minnie case I got just for Disney. He tried to trade me his Mickey hat and was really sad when I took it back to leave. Her son-in-law had to fly back to Minnesota. If you saw a young girl was shot and killed in St. Paul Wed., that was his niece. They stayed until their regular flight on Sat.

Having a great time swimming now that the weather has warmed up and our pool is warmer. It had a hard time keeping up those nights where the temps dropped to 40. We had mainly used the hot tub, but it's so nice to swim now. Looking forward to just basking in the sun today and trying to kick this cold with a little rest.

I am glad you were able to take a day to relax - I sure hope you are feeling better now - colds in Disney are no fun!

It's also nice that you were able to get some extended time with your family - it sounds like you had a great time together and how cool about the pirate show... Cute story.

That is so sad about the girl in St. Paul - to be honest - I have not been watching the news, so I didn't know anything about it. Sending prayers up for the family during this time - I just cannot imagine what they are going through!

It sounds like you had a great day off!

How great that you got the time for a few DIS meets on your last day at WDW.
Sounds like the travel back home went well.

Yes - I squished all of them into our last hours. LOL

It went well - it was a very long day though. ::yes::

I'm glad you had time for those last few meets at the Poli.
I hate last days at Disney especially when you don't know when you're going back.
It sounds like you had a good trip home even if it was long.
I'm glad Allison found a job she likes but sorry she had to learn that changing about what you wan to do is not always a good thing when it involves paying back all those grants.
Some kids just have to take a year off to figure out what they want to be when they grow up. My daughter changed majors some many times. She finally ended up with a degree as a paralegal and works for an insurance company.
Your lazy day sounds good. I worked all day and ended up staying a half hour past my shift because a customer thought she didn't enough screws for her tv. The manager and opened another on it had the exact same number of screws so we're still not sure if that was right. All the customer problems seem to come at the end of my shifts.
I hope you have a good Sunday
Liz

Yes - it was a lot of fun to do all of the meets and say good bye to everyone! I am glad we had the chance!

Well - after 3 LONG trips in a year - I was honestly OK with leaving... And this seems like a good time to take a little break from it all... There are so many changes going on there - I can't hardly keep up!

Yes... This is going to be a tough life lesson for her... She seems to almost be excelling because of it though - I honestly think that maybe she did need this break just to breathe for a bit. She will go back to school - I know that without a doubt, as she is a kid who has always enjoyed learning.

Figures - it seems that way for us too - especially when I worked in electronics. :)

I did - same to you!

Thanks for taking us along on your trip. I really enjoyed it! Leaving is always so hard. In fact, while I was reading about your last day and the sadness that comes along with it, I started getting that ache I get when I leave Disney. It's just so sad. I always need to have another trip on my radar to lessen the blow.

Speaking of another trip, I had asked a few pages back about attending MNSSHP and I think we are going to go for it. We are looking forward to it and a two night stay at BLT. That will be a new resort for us.

I've been following Dave Ramsey for years! I'm not gazelle intense as most; DH and I do what works for us but his plan does work.

Sure - I will probably always write TRs for our trips - it makes them last longer for me, and it's fun to go back and remember it all. :lovestruc

I was sad to leave - but not nearly as bad as other times... After 3 long trips over the course of a year, I was kind of done with it - as sad as that is. :scratchin

Yay!!! I honestly think that fall is the best time to go - the weather is perfectly warm and enjoyable, most of the time. ::yes::

We've gone gazelle-intense many times... and then we slack off... And then we build up again... This time I am determined - it won't take long honestly. ::yes:: And it means that we can travel and enjoy life more often if we sacrifice a little bit now. ::yes::

What a fun trip! How nice that y'all were able to fit in one last Disney meal before heading back to the real world. I feel for V--going to school the day after Disney is the WORST!

Yes - it was a great trip... I do still regret not going into Epcot that last night, but with both of us not feeling the greatest - it was the right choice.

I honestly cannot even remember if I actually sent her or not? I think I felt bad and let her stay home, but I can't remember. LOL

Awwww D - I cannot believe "last day" was on your TR; bittersweet right? So many memories made; what an awesome gift you have given to each of your girls their Senior year. What awesome Dis meets you had that last day. Your breakfast at the Poly sounded amazing.

Yes to a "maybe" PTR! Go for it!

So, I lost a chunk of tuition with Shane; due to his misstep at college. When he went off to college out of town a few years ago he knew it wasn't right for him, which is the short story. Being that it was early October when he came home, the payment had been due late August, which came out of our "Texas Tomorrow" plan which each son had/has which pays the tuition hours for that semester and is non-refundable. It is good for tuition only at a set rate of hours. So, I did not get a refund on the fees I paid and he lost 15 hours of the plan total. It was a hard thing to swallow but each child has to find their way somehow and this wasn't right for him and cosmetology school wasn't right for Allison. Like I say, some children have a meandering path to follow until they find the way. I know it's there, they just have to find it, and we have to encourage and pray. I keep saying Shane is on the 20 year plan for college:)

Yay for a lunch with Myrthe. Enjoy! Please share pics!!

Have a wonderful week D! Sending a huge hug and prayers.

Yes - the last day is always so sad, but I was honestly OK with it this time - after 3 long trips over the course of a year, I was ready to be home and relax... I'd put in a LOT of OT to make these trips happen and honestly I was exhausted! ::yes::

We created wonderful memories though and it's something we will always look back on and enjoy! :lovestruc

I'll try to do a PTR - it's hard to do it without dates though... I really need to be concentrating on getting some debt paid off before I go on another trip. ::yes:: Even though I don't put our trips on credit, it's still $$ that could be used to pay off debt. :)

I know how you feel Carol - it's so hard, but in the end - no one wants to pay for college if they aren't going to enjoy the field of study - so I get that. I just wish, now that she would change her mind and go back to finish - as at least she would get something for it, rather than nothing. Ahhh... but it will be OK. She is working hard and I think it's turning into a good life lesson for her. ::yes::

I will! We are all so looking forward to seeing her! :lovestruc

Thanks Carol - same to you! :hug:

Seeing all your bracelets reminded me of the one that was damaged. Did you ever get a replacement? So sad your trip is over. I really enjoyed seeing and hearing about it. I'm already sad that we're not taking one next year and this one isn't even over yet. I keep trying to think of how we could swing it, but I know I have to be responsible.

So funny about your luggage stuffed in Allison's car. It was lucky you had room for Victoria. At least now that we drive I don't have to worry about room for souvenirs. One year the kids had won a bunch of stuffed animals somewhere. So we had them in a big shopping bag. My husband didn't have a carry on so he took it for my daughter. It got hung up in the machine at the airport. Security kind of freaked out when my daughter went back to help and they didn't like that it my husband was carrying it for someone else.

I'm usually the first one up and I like to sit outside with my coffee too. Just to soak as much Florida sun that we can before we go home. It's too bad that you were feeling sick from the food. We usually just eat one meal in the parks and I think that helps. Especially since we're here so long.

Going back to HS this afternoon to ride Rock 'n Roller as that was down and we didn't want to wait. We also want to see the fireworks so my son decided that's how he wanted to use the 5th day on his ticket. We were kind of amazed when we went to Toy Story to use our fast passes and the standby wait was only 25 minutes, and this was at 10:30. Feeling a little better so looking forward to it.

Oh yes - I forgot to update... My bracelet finally came last week! Now I am afraid to wear it because I am afraid the beads will chip again. LOL I'll probably only ever wear it for special occasions.

I agree - it's hard not to have a trip planned, but I keep telling myself... If I take a break now... I'll be able to go whenever I want to later. I think it's a good trade off. ::yes::

Hahaha... I was a bit concerned about getting V into the car... It was a bit dicey there for a bit. LOL

I wish we could drive - but it's just so easy to fly.

I love being the first one up and just enjoying the quiet with my coffee - it's honestly my favorite part! ::yes::

I probably would do better with the food issues if we only ate one meal a day in the parks... but 3 meals a day in parks/resorts really gets old after a bit! :scratchin

Enjoy DHS! I've heard, now that they have the extra line at TSM - the lines aren't nearly as terrible - which is a good thing. I Just think they need a whole new park - they need to disburse some of these crowds some how. :scratchin

Enjoy your trip!

I remembered reading that somewhere in one of your TRs, so I followed suit and gave myself this weekend off!! :)

You aren't kidding!!!! I did Level 2 this morning and felt like a crazy person trying to keep up. I'm still doing walking push ups and they're already almost done with the next thing....it will take some time to get the hang of this one for sure!! And those ab workouts are insane!

I feel like this quote should be stitched on a sampler and hanging in people's homes!!! Words to live by, and SO true!!

I can't believe your TR is over Let's hope for a new PTR on the horizon!! After all, I booked our last trip 500 days out--you can plan for the way way future!!

I am glad you took the weekend off - I really enjoy my weekends off a lot. :lovestruc I also allow myself 2 cups of coffee on the weekends, rather than one. :)

Yah - level 2 is a bit crazy... Lots of tears for me when I do it. LOL I usually just do as many as I can do in the time that they do their bazillion more. LOL and then I move on to the next thing - otherwise I'd never finish. :scratchin

Hahaha! Life isn't easy - that's for sure!

Ahhh - it's not quite over yet... I still have a few updates to do. :lovestruc I think I can drag this one out for another month. LOL I"ll likely start another PTR - though I don't have any idea of dates yet. ::yes::

I feel sad for the end of the trip too. I will have to remember about the food overboard when planning our meals. Last time, we were on the QS meal plan and it was great, but we were still overloaded with desserts. Our first trip, we ended up cancelling the majority of our TS reservations near the end of the trip because we just couldn't handle another big meal. I will try to do special dining near the beginning.

It is so hard to watch your kids make choices that you don't agree with. It will be a hard lesson, but it might open doors that you can't even imagine at this point.

Glad you will get to see Myrthe. Even a short visit is better than none. Have a great time.

Yes - keep that in mind... Even though I KNOW this every time I plan a trip - I still do it to myself. LOL There are too many "must do" places to eat! ::yes::

I know - it's so hard... She is a good kid with a good head on her shoulders - she has earned the right to forge her own path - and I always have to remember that her path is not my path. :lovestruc

We are very excited to see her! It will be a lot of fun!

******************************************************************************************************

Sorry that my life updates have been pretty sporadic... I just feel bad coming here to say "I worked and I did nothing" which is pretty much what I am going to do today. LOL

I am still working out every day... My eating hasn't been terrible - it hasn't been great either... Right up the middle, I guess. I do need to be better with it or I will never lose what I gained last year. Grrrr...

I have been putting in crazy hours in my sewing room and getting TONS accomplished - which is fantastic!

Organizing life has been going well... If any of you haven't noticed - I've pretty much overhauled my entire life over the last years... Starting with my health... And then my house... And then my budget... I am still committed to all of them and trying hard to have a good balance. :) It isn't always easy, and I am doing my best. :)

That's about all... I am trying to find some time to head up to Dad's in the coming week... It gets really hard at this time of year... Not only am I swamped with work and having a hard time taking time off - but I also have to factor in weather and every one else's work schedules... I am hoping - since I don't think we have any plans this weekend, that maybe Josh and I can run up then? :scratchin

I hope all of you are doing well - as always, sending prayers and pixie dust out to you all! :lovestruc

D~

Good morning D, I've so enjoyed following your trip reports and especially love your house renovations. i look forward to getting up in the morning ,having my coffee and checking for updates. Is that sad? Ha! You really have a talent with your creations and your decorating style and it certainly has passed down to your girls.i'd like to say it has inspired me to get up and going with some of my own projects ... we'll see. Thanks for the great trip report. Joanne

That is nice to hear that Allison got a new job. It is hard to know what you want to do with your life when you have a very limited experience with what the options are. Our son has had a bit of a rough road. Our youngest daughter got a degree in one field, graphic design, worked in that field for years, and then went to nursing school and is now an RN and works in a hospital. So you never know what your kids are finally going to end up doing.

I've enjoyed your trip report. Your final evening and next morning looked very relaxing. Your resort room had a lovely view and it was nice that you could take advantage of it. ::yes::

After 3 long trips over the course of a year, I was kind of done with it - as sad as that is.
You sure got your money's worth out of that annual pass, though. ::yes::
I was a bit concerned about getting V into the car... It was a bit dicey there for a bit.
I bet she hoped all the stuff didn't crash down on her. :scared:

I love being the first one up and just enjoying the quiet with my coffee - it's honestly my favorite part!
It is nice that your resort room had a balcony. What did you do when you stayed at POFQ?

I probably would do better with the food issues if we only ate one meal a day in the parks... but 3 meals a day in parks/resorts really gets old after a bit!
We were always ready to go home after about six nights when we went traveled with our kids. We got tired of eating Disney food, too. We enjoyed the trips when we stayed in a villa and had a full kitchen. Being able to make a real breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon and orange juice was really nice.

How great that you are getting a lot done in your sewing room.

I hope you can find some time to visit your dad the coming week.

I Google Dave Ramsey and found his 7 Baby Steps. I see his advice is to have $1000 for emergency found. In Norway they recommend that you have at least 2 months worth of your salary as an emergency found. So I have at least that. They only thing on his 7 Baby Step list I haven't done is set aside money for retirement. Which I should have started a long time ago.

I practiced getting my electrical wheelchair out of the car again on Monday. It went better than the last time because I did it a little different than last time. This time I was able to practice twice before I felt that it was enough at the time. I found out that I need to get tape on the floor of the car to mark where the wheelchair has to be to be in the middle of the car so I can get out of the back door the best and easiest way. Today I went to the store to buy tape. Tomorrow the plan is to get the tape on the floor of the car so everything is ready to practice again on Thursday.

i FINALLY get on the dis since i have some time to myself and find this DONE? Trip over? ugh if i could cry for you i would.
WHAT?
there is so much to comment on but i can't remember everything. your PP pictures are so cute as always, I DO like the main street ones different perspective and i love them.
You and your dis meets are a huge part of your life glad the girls don't get upset about having to stop for them! LOL.. Love your girls.
Speaking of.. Someone had red shoes with Mickey on them.. They were so flipping cute!
The last of you bags you switched are adorable!!

Chip! You had some fantastic character interactions!! makes it all worth it!!
HA! you shared your sweatshirt.. Was it that chilly out for a sweatshirt? I would like to try disney with a little cooler temps!
Like suzi just had.

The Poly.. Do i even need to comment on this?
I don't think i need to.

OH! your home.. I really want you to come and redo my house. including the organizing and cleaning..
Just sayin!

I have really been thinking of an adult trip. But HOW to get away from my kids? I doubt this very much. Still good to dream.

Yes our epic Dis meets sure fell to the wayside. Again that pesky money just gets in the way! I would LOVE to come out to you... I have been looking at dog shows in your area.. bring the crazy family and let em loose at MOA.
I need a new sweatshirt
Speaking of.. I am wearing my bubba gump shirt now!

Oh this:

My house is RIGHT THERE. i can't believe you can't see that..
straight in the middle all the way up by the lake.
Here let me zoom in on it:

See? You captured it perfectly! Looks like i need some roof repairs..

I understand your food overload - I feel the same way. And yes, I do want to eat at all my favorite restaurants, but we've found we just can't eat that much every trip. I've put back almost half of the weight I lost last year and I'm working hard to get it off. Found out I need to have surgery on my knee for a torn meniscus - that is scheduled for Thursday. My brother is going to take me since Charlie is working out of town. He is able to come home on the weekends, but spends all week away.

Unfortunately, we have to let our kids learn some hard lessons sometimes. I'm sorry Alison did not decide to finish her course, but as you said, its her decision.

It's always sad when a trip ends, but it looks like it was a great trip overall, and that's wonderful. I know what you mean about being busy... We got home from my father-in-law's funeral at 12:30 am this morning. It was a fast trip, and so busy and draining and emotional, but I'm so glad we were able to go. I came home with a cold, which is not fun.
For what it's worth (which is nothing, LOL!), I think you're doing the right thing by letting Allison learn this difficult life lesson. She'll be a better person for it. I'm glad she found a job that she enjoys. Parenting adult/almost adult children is hard...we had a bit of a bump in that road yesterday after the funeral as we were preparing to head to the airport....and I wondered for a moment if my children were 22 and 17 or 7 and 2...LOL..... Such is life!

AAACK! The last day!!! So many feels! What great memories, though! I have loved all 3 of these trip reports. Funnily enough, I have never stayed at the Poly even though we have DVC points there. My DH bought them for an anniversary gift before we found out that we would be moving to Japan. So, I know someday we will be staying there. Your pictures make me anxious to make that happen! I enjoy your life updates! Your life overhauls are inspiring, and helps to know that everyone struggles with life but commitment pays off.
So, last weekend (you probably saw the pics on FB) we went to this place- it's hard to know what to call it- it had an indoor play place for kids, pool tables, stuff like that and then it had all of these small rooms where you can eat & do karaoke. It was a command function (Marines of all ranks from the office), so it was a mixed group. It was kind of strange but a lot of fun. Anyway, someone posted a horrible picture of me on FB. I didn't want to offend her by untagging myself, but ugh! I just had to let it go, but it made me really want to commit harder to working out, etc.

Unrelated, but very Disney Related- my husband starting talking about meeting my parents in Hawaii for Christmas next year. THen he talked to my brother about it & after a lot of back & forth; we have a house rented for Christmas! And we are trying to figure out a way to do 3-4 days at Aulani before or after the whole family arrives. We have the points now, but I am afraid anything we can afford will be gone at our 7 month mark. I am determined to make it happen, though. I am hoping to get some advice here on the Dis about trading points or something as I know nothing about it. So that also has me committed to getting into better shape. I am really excited about it! A bucket list trip and also, I get to see my family!!

I have to agree with another poster above about the phase 2 30Day Shred. Holy Planks, Batman! You did warn me, though, LOL!

Looking forward to the wrap up posts here & the new PTR. Let me know when to pack up for the move: I should be a pro at moving at this point, LOL. Have a great week.

I have to agree with another poster above about the phase 2 30Day Shred. Holy Planks, Batman! You did warn me, though, LOL!
That was me!! :) I did level 2 for the 3rd time today and still feel like I'm flailing around like a fish out of water!! :fish:My hands even hurt from always being on the floor.....hopefully it gets better. Thankfully I have people here who understand because no one else wants to listen to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter