• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

Glad the truck is less than you thought.

I'm impressed that V was able to get the AP discount on the sweatshirt. One of my girls had an issue using her AP discount becaus she didn't have id. She was probably 9. I just realized how long it has been since we have been to a WDW park, December 2015 and that was only a few days.

Friends tried to get us to join them at beaches Ocho Rios. We priced it out, and I said to DH for that money we can do a Disney and universal. So hopefully we will start planning a trip.

I'm taking Dani to a specially curly hair salon today for a haircut. I'm figuring on also buying her some products for her hair there. I'm so sick of her being upset every morning that her hair is awful and too big. Or being happy when she leaves in the morning then getting upset as it poofs up/out.

Us too - believe me, LOL

I know, right? While we were down there - they were really cracking down on people using the AP discount - there were several times where the CM insisted that I pay for V's items - even though I was standing right next to hear. So, I was shocked that they let her use my discount. ::yes::

Oooh- that would be awesome! I hope you can start planning soon. :woohoo:

Awesome! I hope it went well and she loves the results!

Sounds like having the car at the mechanic costs the same in Norway and USA.
I'm glad to hear the diagnosis on the car was what you expected. At least it won't be more expensive than you thought. It is a lot of money. I don't mean it isn't. I'm just glad it wasn't something costing you much more to fix.

Bacon wrapped meatloaf sounds delicious. Meatloaf is one of my favorite foods.

One of my sister live in the UK and there they don't pay for medical stuff at all. There are many ways of solving these kind of services.

Today I hadn't anything planned for the day. I experience that if I'm inside all day doing nothing (well sitting in front of the computer for the most part), I get a head ache. So I try to go outside every day. I decided to go out to find a geocache. Well that is easier said than done because there is a lot of snow outside and they have to put the snow that they clear away from the roads somewhere. So the snow gets piled up beside the roads, on parking spaces and places like that which also are good places to hide a geocache except during winter. Ulf and I went out with the car and had two geocaches on our list we wanted to try to find. Both caches said they were available in winter. The first cache we came to was not available because of a 16 feet of snow that they have moved there to clear the rest of the parking space. We tried another caches not far from the road. But they hadn't moved the snow from the road that leads down to the boathouse where the cache is located. So we didn't bother to try and fin that one. We ended up driving back home to me. At least I got out of the house for an hour

True... I am just glad that the car repair didn't hit us harder than what it did. Car repairs are always so tough! For us anyways. ::yes::

It is!!! It's one of my favorites too! I love meatloaf with baked potatoes and sour cream. YUM!!!

Medical insurance and Dr. bills are almost just as bad (or worse) than car repair bills... Argh... I guess any bills suck. LOL

Bummer that you couldn't get to the caches... I wonder if they are like that all winter? Or if it was just an accident that the snow hadn't been cleared yet? Getting out of the house in the winter time is definitely a bonus - and necessary. ::yes::

I hope you're having a good week!

Loved the updates - especially the then and now's! Good news on the truck! Since you were bracing for $2,000, it almost makes $1,200 seem not so bad. I hate car repairs - they usually pop up without warning. Thanks for sharing your budget spreadsheet. I'm not that sophisticated with mine but follow the same principle of having several accounts earmarked for different things - taxes/insurance, travel, Christmas, emergency fund etc. and only keep spendable money for groceries, gas, eating out in the checking account. I think each family comes up with a method that works for them. I find it comforting to know how much I can actually spend that pay period and adjust accordingly I just booked POFQ for early December - exciting! Hoping one day to see you've started a PTR for January

Thanks!!! I love doing them! It's so fun to see how the girls change over the years - and me too! ::yes::

Yes - at least we were semi-prepared, and bracing for the worst - that always seems to make things a bit easier to swallow.

No problem - I am glad I could figure out how to share it without sharing private info - ya know? Yes - I think that most families do that, I would hope anyways. LOL

Congrats!!! :woohoo: That is awesome!!!

I hope so too - LOL! I've been watching almost daily for discounts, so far nothing though. ::yes::

I think that's good news on the truck. At least you have the money saved and don't have to charge or borrow from something else. I told you we don't really have a budget. We also have our house paid for so the only time I really have to have money saved is when the real estate taxes come due. And since we have cabin taxes due at the same time I do have to plan for that.

We are staying off site. We've done that for years. We usually went with my daughter's family and it made it so much cheaper when we started renting a house. For a few years we stayed at Lake Buena Vista Resort in a 3 bedroom suite. We did like it and they had a pirate ship pool. But it was a walk to the pool depending on what building you were in. Then one year a friend recommended Windsor Hills and from then on we were hooked on renting a house. Now that we are retired and stay for 3 weeks we need a house. We spend a lot of time there and I just love having my own pool and hot tub. It's also nice to have a kitchen.

We've really been enjoying the warm weather. We went out Sunday for my husband's birthday and it was so nice I wore a light jacket and didn't even zip it. Usually though we are so anxious to get out of the cold, LOL. The weather in Florida is warming up for our trip. Last week Accuweather showed 60's for the first 10 days. Now it's only 3 days and then it's 70's the rest of the time. To me that's perfect! And it looks like the snow should be over by Thursday so driving should be good. I did see a picture on the fb group I'm in of a family standing in water that was over their ankles. They were in Epcot going to world showcase. I guess they really had some rain this weekend.

Thanks for the bacon meatloaf idea. I'm going to try putting bacon on my meatloaf the next time. It sounds delicious and I'm sure my meat loving husband will love it. He always tells me I should make it more often. Meat and a salad is our usual dinner. While I was raised on casseroles in our family of 7, he usually had meat and potatoes.

I hope you do a pre-trip report for next year so I can follow along, even though we're not going next year.

Exactly! It could have been so much worse!

I think it's so awesome that your house is paid off... I hope to have ours paid off in a few years - that would make life so much easier! ::yes:: At that point - I think I would invest in DVC or something... Considering that Josh would never use it - makes it hard to justify... But if we had no debt... A girl can dream.... :lovestruc

I've heard many people highly recommend Windsor Hills! You will have a fabulous time! :woohoo:

I know - this weather over the last week or so has been very nice! This is my kind of winter weather... Light jackets and flip flops. LOL

Bacon wrapped meatloaf is simply the best!!! I love it! You'll have to let me know how you like it when you try it. ::yes::

Have a safe trip and check in when you get back - I'll be anxiously waiting to hear all about it! ::yes::

Popping in at lunch time D - so glad the truck repairs were not as bad as feared. Hopefully, this will fix it for a while. I think DIL is going to see her parents this weekend; her Dad can do amazing car repairs. I hope he can take a peek at her car. Tyler did a few minor things to it a couple of weeks ago but he knows there are more. They do not need a hefty car bill.

I have no calendar like you for my meal planning D. I have to have something sturdy I can carry around. I use a steno sized pad for jotting down notes during the day; and it includes my meal planning and what errands I need to do during the week. I swear brain fog is so real. I really have to write everything down the minute I think of something, and this is the best thing I could come up with, and it fits in my huge purse. We usually do one grocery store run on the weekend; and the pet food store every other week; then I will run to Trader Joe's, Target, Whole Foods, etc. during the week after work. I have specialty items at each store I like to get.

I refuse to weigh myself; always have. I like to think if I eat healthy most of the time, try to fit in some exercise, and my clothes fit okay, that is the best version for me. If I get on the scale I get too obsessive. If my clothes get too tight, I know I have to start cutting some foods out.

Enjoy your Starbucks Dorine! Savor!

Can't wait for another TR! Love to see ya'll's smiling faces.

Hugs and prayers always.

I sure hope so!!! And I hope that Ariece (did I spell it right?) is able to get her car looked at too! That will be a huge relief for you if she has it taken care of.

Whatever works - seriously!!! For me - it's lots of trial and error to find what works... And then sometimes I have to try again after a while because the original thing that worked for me no longer does. LOL

I agree - I detest weighing myself... I think the scale is the biggest liar ever. LOL However - I just HAVE to do something right now to keep myself accountable... And at the moment - weighing weekly is helping - even if I hate it. LOL I do know that one day - I will go back to using my clothing as a guide. ::yes::

Thanks!!! I didn't end up having it that day - I was a good girl. But I did have it yesterday at work - I've been trying HARD to limit myself to twice per week - and I am doing really good with that. ::yes::

Thanks Carol!!! It's always good to see you here and to catch up with you! :)

Hahaha nope. I'M the one who is missing something. I mentioned it in my TR, not on FB. I lost my job back in November and have just been working on some side jobs so that's why I have lots of free time. Sorry.

Ahhhh... I am so terrible about other's TRs - I try hard, I really do... So, yes - I should have known. I sure hope you are able to find another job quickly! :hug:

Holy smokes! It took me 2 million years to remember my password on here so I could comment!

I love that you are a budget nerd! So am I!

Yay for the good news about the truck repair. Could have been a lot more!

As you know from FB, I've been struggling on the weight loss front but still moving along and not giving up. Disney in one month for the 5K! Looking forward to it but it will also be bittersweet with it being the 3rd anniversary celebration since my husband's passing. :(

Have a lovely day!

Hahaha!!! I know - I just stay logged in, then once every few months, I get logged out and I have to remember... I really need to write it down. LOL

Awesome!! Love budgets!!!

I know - we are just thankful that it wasn't worse!

It will be a great trip Star... I know that it has been a struggle for you lately - it has been for all of us... You are doing great and you will be successful, I know your determination is something that I admire greatly!!! Chin up my friend!

And I love that you are all doing the 5k... What a great way to honor your DH... I know that will also be difficult - though I hope you are able to find some joy and some peace within that. :grouphug:

Thanks - same to you! :lovestruc

I am so glad you finally have some news on your truck! I hoped for you that it would be less expensive, but at least it was within what you had saved and now you know and can get it fixed! It is good though that y'all have seen how much you can really save if you put your mind to it. It's amazing what we can do and live without when we have to! I really have to go get my hair done, too. I am so over it, and I need color badly! I am thinking of trying the phase 2 of 30DayShred to see if it isn't so hard on my knees. We are on day 24 and going strong on W30. It has gotten easier, and I am trying to look at all the positives. Like you said, I have learned a lot about my eating habits and my cravings and triggers. I know that I will definitely continue to eat more cleanly than I did before, but I will likely follow closer to a paleo/primal diet. I hope you enjoy your Starbucks today!

Thanks! It's been a huge relief! I was hoping for less expensive too - but at least we can have it fixed, pay cash for it and get on with life. :woohoo: It could have been so much worse!

I cannot believe how much I am enjoying the challenge of living without. It's not a New Year's resolution or anything - it was just time... I really want to continue like this though and see how much progress we can make this year! I sure hope we can be diligent - because as the year goes on - our budget looks better and better. :scratchin

The one thing I cannot live without is having my hair done... I went so many year without anything every - while we were broke and the girls were little... It's the one thing that I won't sacrifice. However - I will try to make it as cheap as possible. ::yes::

Level 2 is definitely easier on the knees... Less squats and MORE planks! That last ab workout on L2 is death though - just a fair warning. LOL You can do it! Eating Primally is a very easy lifestyle change - IMO... You still get to have some fun stuff - and enjoy life... It's where I try to be. ::yes::

Our youngest daughter called yesterday to ask if we would join them for a trip to Disney in either January or February. She is going to look at dates and costs. It would be great if our trips overlapped.

That's really nice that you can finally see and feel the improvements.

Could this have been the new castle show?

What a fun picture. The two of you have been taking great pictures on this trip. V is looking all grown up now. The way back pictures show how much she has grown.

This would be great in a bathroom. I can see that it would match a claw foot bathtub.

That sweatshirt is adorable.That was sweet of her to buy that for you. Didn't she also give you a bracelet?

I use the Betty Crocker cookbook for this recipe, too. It has a lot of recipes that we love. I've also been trying to find a few other new recipes to try. Now that I have a new kitchen I have to use it.

Oooh - that would be awesome if our trips overlapped!!! Let's stay updated on that! I would love to meet up with you!

Yes - I am getting there - again. LOL

I think you may be right - I think it was the new Castle show. ::yes:: Whatever it was - it was LOUD if I could hear it plain as day at SoG. LOL

I know - she is sure growing up! It went by in the blink of an eye, that's for sure!

Hahaha - right? LOL I don't know if there is any way I can talk Josh into the claw foot tub?? I may have to give in on that one - as I think he could possibly be right - the space we have might just be too small... And even if one did fit - then I would HAVE TO clean the floor around/behind/under the tub - and if there does happen to be room for the tub - there is definitely NOT room (or desire - LOL) for me to get in there and clean all of those spaces. LOL Again - A girl can dream though. ::yes::

Yes - V purchased the sweatshirt, the 2016 AnA bracelet and I think one other thing??? Oh yah - she paid for MNSSHP too. :lovestruc

Yes - I use my Betty Crocker recipe book for almost everything... I've made almost every recipe in there - at one time or another - and I can guarantee any recipe in there is good, I've never made anything bad from it. It's my go-to for everything! And I agree, you definitely need to get some use out of your new kitchen! ::yes::

Just wanted to check in and say hi. Not sure how far behind I am but I enjoyed the trip updates! I love the picture of the dogs looking under the couch for the toy too. Ours do that and it is always "helpful". haha
So glad your truck is going to be fixed and home soon. Sorry it is going to be so expensive but glad its within your budgeted amount.
Wanted to let you know that DH and I enjoyed The Wave. We were there last Wednesday for breakfast. We both just ordered off the menu and got The American. It was very good. Such a nice peaceful place to go too. I REALLY liked the butter they serve. Pecan honey maybe? I don't know but it was delicious! It was a good place to eat and a good place to get some time for just the two of us.
Take care and hope you have a great day!

Hi!!! Thanks for stopping in and catching up!

Hahaha... I loved that picture - it cracked me up!

Me too - I cannot wait to have it back! It will be nice not to have to put so much thought into logistics. :scratchin

Soooo glad you enjoyed The Wave - it's a hidden gem for sure! And yes - the pecan butter is to die for! :lovestruc

Thanks!!! Same to you and I hope you had a great trip! :)

I'm glad you shared how you use it because I have been meaning to ask you!! So, I did Level 1 Monday after school and thought it was VERY challenging....like I was doing crying push ups and hysterical crunches by the end. I had to work at Hallmark last night and again today, so instead of waiting til tonight (when I know I'll be too exhausted to actually do it!!!) I got up both mornings a little earlier than usual and did the work out first! I HATE getting up early and getting up early to exercise is even worse, BUT I love knowing I've already done the workout for the day and have the rest of the day to just think about drinking more water and trying to eat more sensibly!! I figure I'll wait to try Level 2 or 3 until I can manage the entire level 1 without keeling over or having to stop in the middle. Meal plans are up next!! I have no clue where to start with that...

It's hard to get excited about spending $1200 on the truck, but I agree, it is SUCH a relief when you know you won't have to charge it to pay!!!

Have a great day, ~D!!

Hahaha!!! I feel your pain! I've have cried MANY times while doing the 30DS! :lmao: I shouldn't laugh - but it's the God's honest truth! I actually prefer to work out right away in the morning for this very reason - otherwise I don't get it done. Meal plans were hard for me to start too... I found a lot of ideas on Pinterest. the biggest hurdle for me is snacking... I've been really strict about my snacking again - and only allowing fruits or veggies to snack on (99% fruits LOL) - and that's really been helping me reign in the uncontrollable snacking. ::yes::

I know! I really HATE spending $1200 on the truck... but you are exactly right - it's awesome to know that we are cash flowing it, didn't have to borrow $$ or put it on credit... Car repairs suck and they always seem to be a gut punch... So glad to have this repair done... Now to wait for the next one to happen... :/ Because you know it will.

So glad the truck will be less than it could have been and that you'll have it back soon. Yea!!! That's wonderful news and such a tender mercy.

Bacon wrapped meatloaf sounds amazing... I fixed one of our new favorites last night -- the shepherd's pie recipe out of the Whole 30 book. SO good. My husband had outpatient surgery yesterday to remove squamous cell carcinoma from his lip and so he needed something soft to eat, but still filling so that recipe was perfect. They were able to get all the cancer and plastic surgery will not be needed -- such a blessing! It will take months for that part of his lip to fill back out so he might look a bit unbalanced in the mouth for a while, but we're just grateful they were able to get it all and that it wasn't melanoma.

I hope your weigh-in went well. Remember -- overall, it's not about the number on the scale -- it's about health and wellness and fitness and how you feel. (Easy to say, I know -- as someone who struggled with eating disorder behaviors in the past and didn't even own a scale for 20 years out of fear of slipping back into those habits...) You continue to be an inspiration to me.

Exactly!!! We are just glad to have it done... We are still hoping he will be finished with it tomorrow. We are hoping to be back to normal by the weekend. ::yes::

It is amazing!!! One of my all-time favorites! ::yes:: I love shepherd's pie too! I really need to make that soon! I am doing home-made chicken pot pie tonight... V will be upset - because it's one of her favorites - but I've been putting it off for weeks now and I need to get the pie crust used up.

I am glad your DH is doing better! I cannot imagine how hard this must be - I admire how strong you both are! :lovestruc One of our weather guys on a local TV station has had to have this same/similar surgery done - I've been following his journey... He is a great guy and has a pretty popular blog about it - if you're interested... https://ianmn.wordpress.com/ I dunno - maybe it will help? Sending prayers and hugs to both of you - praying for quick and painless healing. :lovestruc

My W/I went OK... I wasn't thrilled - as I didn't think it was accurate to how I was feeling... but it was a loss - so I'll take it. ::yes:: I think we all have our demons with eating... and we all have things we are afraid of... It's such a delicate balance to eat well - and take care of ourselves without going overboard. :hug: It's a battle, and sadly - I fear it always will be... We just have to overcome it every day, and eventually it will get easier - that is my hope anyways.

Have a great day!!! It was good to see you! :lovestruc

**********************************************************************************************

Alrighty...

The truck still isn't home... But, as far as we know, it's getting there.

I weighed in on Tuesday - I was not thrilled with the results, as I felt it should be more. It was a loss - none the less - and I will take it. I hate weighing in though - as much as it keeps me motivated, it always makes me obsessive with my weight... So I really need to be careful with that. ::yes:: I need that accountability right now though - and I've tried EVERYTHING else over the last year, this is my last resort and I hope to not have to use it long - or at least - slack off to bi-weekly... then monthly weigh ins... Once I retrain myself to eat properly again. ::yes::

I also did something extra to my back on Tuesday... I am not sure what I did - but I think it was the dead lifts? :scratchin My back has been bothering me a lot lately - nagging almost constant pain... Pretty sure it's age and nothing else. But those dead lifts really pushed me over the edge and the pain became shooting... Sooooo... That made doing much of anything strenuous Tuesday and yesterday pretty much out of the question. I am a bit better this morning - so hopefully it will loosen up more during the day.

I worked all day on Tuesday - I was able to get a lot done and I am happy with that.

Yesterday was a Target day for me... They were VERY accommodating about my back... Allowing me to work "light-duty" with out a Dr.s note... This made me very happy - as they didn't have to do that. I was surprised, at the end of my shift, that my back actually felt better than it had in the morning... So, that was really good.

We had a nice evening last night... I didn't sleep well at all though - I was up for the day at 2:30am... Grrr... With my back being dumb and not much sleep... I am seriously half-tempted to skip my heavy lifting today and go back to bed. This is something I NEVER do... but I feel like I am ready to fall asleep at this keyboard, and it's only 6am! :eek I have no idea how I"ll make it through my day? :scratchin

I've been working on my grocery list for tomorrow all morning... I've printed off a few coupons (trying NOT to do the coupon thing again - just printing what we actually NEED and use)... I also finalized the budget...

Yah - I really think I am going back to bed. LOL Sad to say. ::yes::

I hope you all have an amazing day and an amazing weekend - if I don't get back here tomorrow. I'll try to get at least one TR update done over the weekend for ya! :lovestruc Prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

Oooh- that would be awesome! I hope you can start planning soon. :woohoo:

Awesome! I hope it went well and she loves the results!
Dh booked a week in a 1 bedroom value at Animal kingdom Lodge last night. So it looks like I have a plan. I might try and run some disney math and decide that an AP is totally the way to go.

I think Dani loves her new haircut. She overslept this morning, and her hair still looked good without a shower. This is amazing for her. Hopefully it stays like that. We went on a Tuesday when they had a coupon for 20% off so even with buying a tamer and a gel, it cost less than I was expecting. Not to make my appointment. I have been not had a haircut in 4 years
I also did something extra to my back on Tuesday... I am not sure what I did - but I think it was the dead lifts? :scratchin My back has been bothering me a lot lately - nagging almost constant pain... Pretty sure it's age and nothing else. But those dead lifts really pushed me over the edge and the pain became shooting... Sooooo... That made doing much of anything strenuous Tuesday and yesterday pretty much out of the question. I am a bit better this morning - so hopefully it will loosen up more during the day.
Hope your back feels better today.
\
Enjoly you nap if you decide to take one. I'm off to bring my DD her english hw and lunch. Then cstco returns.

Just checking in. Things just have been super busy and by the end of the day I am just done. It was so nice to see that V bought you that sweatshirt. Gotta love Chip and Dale. They always make the meet and greet interesting. Hopefully soon you will get the truck back. Hurray on the price! I have to agree with you on the savings part. To me its a game of how much can I save and put away for a rainy day.
I still owe you a picture of my bedroom remodel, but I still can't figure it out. I might have to get my 4 yr old niece to do it for me.

I'm sorry to hear your back is hurting. Crossing my fingers it will be better soon :hug:

How great that Target let you work light duty with out a Dr.s note.

Sounds like you should take a nap today since you didn't sleep well last night.

The geocaches that are under or behind the snow depot places are going to be behind or under snow all winter. The one cache that they hadn't removed the snow from the road can be a temporary thing. Because it's the hospital that owns the place and I think they use it also during winter time.

Ulf and I have started to plane our huge road trip for the summer. We are planning to visit 19 countries in 6 weeks. We are going to ask my parents if we can borrow their caravan for the trip. I'm already looking forward to when we come home from the trip because I know that it will be exhausting even if it's going to be fun too.

Last edited:
Dh booked a week in a 1 bedroom value at Animal kingdom Lodge last night. So it looks like I have a plan. I might try and run some disney math and decide that an AP is totally the way to go.

I think Dani loves her new haircut. She overslept this morning, and her hair still looked good without a shower. This is amazing for her. Hopefully it stays like that. We went on a Tuesday when they had a coupon for 20% off so even with buying a tamer and a gel, it cost less than I was expecting. Not to make my appointment. I have been not had a haircut in 4 years

Hope your back feels better today.
\
Enjoly you nap if you decide to take one. I'm off to bring my DD her english hw and lunch. Then cstco returns.

Sooo exciting!!! I loved AKL so much!!! And the AP is such a great value with all of the discounts this year! I really do hope that they continue those incentives! :woohoo: Congrats!

Awesome!!! I hope she continues to love it - it's such a hard age! And I hope you enjoy your hair cut too!

Thanks - I am still having issues, though not as bad as it was.... I think I may have a pinched nerve or something - still trying to work it free with lots of stretches. ::yes::

Thanks - I did try to take a nap, for as tired as I was, I couldn't fall asleep... Sigh.

I love this report...and all your updates! Thank you!

Awwwh!!!! Welcome!!! :lovestruc It's wonderful to have you here and reading along! :)

Just checking in. Things just have been super busy and by the end of the day I am just done. It was so nice to see that V bought you that sweatshirt. Gotta love Chip and Dale. They always make the meet and greet interesting. Hopefully soon you will get the truck back. Hurray on the price! I have to agree with you on the savings part. To me its a game of how much can I save and put away for a rainy day.
I still owe you a picture of my bedroom remodel, but I still can't figure it out. I might have to get my 4 yr old niece to do it for me.

Hi Lynee!! It's wonderful to see you - thanks for taking the time to check in! :lovestruc

I cannot wait to see your bedroom remodel. Are you loving it??? I know I would!

Yes - I love the budgeting challenge... Thought I wish is was less of a challenge. LOL One day... :scratchin

I'm sorry to hear your back is hurting. Crossing my fingers it will be better soon :hug:

How great that Target let you work light duty with out a Dr.s note.

Sounds like you should take a nap today since you didn't sleep well last night.

The geocaches that are under or behind the snow depot places are going to be behind or under snow all winter. The one cache that they hadn't removed the snow from the road can be a temporary thing. Because it's the hospital that owns the place and I think they use it also during winter time.

Ulf and I have started to plane our huge road trip for the summer. We are planning to visit 19 countries in 6 weeks. We are going to ask my parents if we can borrow their caravan for the trip. I'm already looking forward to when we come home from the trip because I know that it will be exhausting even if it's going to be fun too.

My back is still acting up - though is doesn't seem to be getting any worse, so for that I am thankful. :)

Hahaha - I tried - believe me... My darn body didn't want to nap though. Sometimes I don't understand it. LOL I did get a lot of work done though - so that is always good. ::yes::

Ahhh - got it!

Ooooh - that is so exciting!!! Please tell me where you are all planning to go - I'd love to hear!!!! And remember - V will be in Europe this summer and we are planning to come over next summer... Keep that in mind! :lovestruc

I hope your back feels better. :)

Thanks Sue! It's not getting any worse - so I consider that a blessing. I think I may have a pinched nerve or something, so I am trying to work it out with a lot of stretching. :)

I hope you had a nice week. :lovestruc

***********************************************************************************************************

Ok - big news!!!! Guess what is back in our drive way? :scratchin We are back up to being a 3.5 vehicle family! :woohoo: The truck is back, with no error codes and running properly... to the tune of $1250, which hurt a bit - but we are incredibly happy and proud that we were able to cash flow the entire thing. :woohoo: >>>Patting ourselves on the back<<< This is really great news - as I have appointments on Monday and Tuesday and I really, really, really needed a vehicle those days. ::yes::

Yesterday was grocery shopping day... I went a bit over my budget... Typically - if you look at my budget, within that - I sort of designate a certain amount to certain things in my head... So - I leave $75 in my account for Target (then I can get my extra 5% on my purchases there) - and I like to keep Aldi (which is almost all fresh produce) at about $80... Which then leaves me about $60 left to get us through the 2 weeks for misc items that need to be replenished... Like milk, bread, bananas... You know... :scratchin So, I spent $79 at Target after all of my discounts - so $4 over... Then I spent $89 at Aldi... Not to mention - I had to purchase 1 item for my business and 1 extra item for our home out of that cash - both items totaled $11... Rough math leaves me with $40 for the 2 weeks instead of $60... And with the cost of the truck - well, I feel the pinch. Oh well... I enjoy the challenge - truly I do... Not complaining at all - but being real. :)

Let's see - then Allison and I went to get the truck - which I already told you about. ::yes::

Josh and I went out for dinner last night with one of his co-workers and her DH - that was fun... Something we rarely do - but would love to do more often.

And that's it.

No big plans this weekend - sticking close to home... I'll likely spend some time drinking coffee and reading... I have some house cleaning to do this morning... Otherwise pretty low key.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend - sending pixie dust out to everyone! :lovestruc

D~ <----- Who is going to work on a quick TR update. :)

How great that you have the truck back in business and that you were able to pay it in cash :woohoo:

Sounds like you had a good time last night with Josh's co workers.

I know what countries we are visiting this summer and some of the cities we are visiting, but I don't have all our plans yet. Ulf is still working on the route. I know we are visiting Poland and Auschwitz, Amsterdam in the Netherlands, Berlin in Germany. The other countries we are visiting are: Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium and Czech Republic. To get down to Europe we will have to drive through Sweden, Finland and Denmark which we have visited before.

Glad you finally got your truck back. It's hard being down by one car and yours was gone for a long time.
Sorry you went slightly over your budget on food this week. It's hard sometimes to stay on budget. I do most of my shopping at the super Walmart south of here. I can use my discount that way.
Nothing much is going on here. I leave for work in a couple of minutes.
The baby shower was fun. My niece loved all her gifts and it was a nice day.
Have a good weekend
Liz

Day 9 Part 3​

After the resulting slight whip-lash from V's driving on Tomorrowland Speedway...

We headed over to the Lunching Pad to grab our much anticipated - recently saved from defunct Disney Death status - Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel and Frozen Coke.... Ahhh - total bliss!!! V and I each ordered one - we grabbed a table and began to relish every bite...

20161023_114516.jpg

About 5 bites into them, both of us were feeling sick... Food was just sickening at this point. We would have been better off buying one and then sharing it - as we both threw away over half. Oh well...

Needing a break, tummies a bit unsettled, it was time for an old favorite and a must-do... Carousel of Progress. The only thing I really hate about this show/ride, is I tend to fall asleep - LOL... Dark theaters do that to me in WDW.

20161023_115950.jpg

20161023_120123.jpg

All together now, sing with me... It's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day...

20161023_120238.jpg

20161023_120909.jpg

Rousing myself long enough to snap a photo each time the theater turned...

20161023_121234.jpg

20161023_121631.jpg

Sadly, nap time was over - or was it? :scratchin Just as we were going to rotate back to the beginning - the 80's started over...

20161023_121631.jpg

Maybe the 3rd time was the charm?

All together now... It's a great big beautiful tomorrow... ::yes::

20161023_121631.jpg

Nope...

20161023_122726.jpg

Phew - finally - after the 4th time of living in the 80's... We were released from CoP jail and out into the sun.

OK - seriously - it was lunch time already... I planned the latest lunch I could snag at BoG - as I knew months in advance - we would have to do these meals on the same day. I'd had issues since the 30 day mark, making our "order ahead" reservation that is available at BoG... I didn't want to go to this ADR with out ordering ahead - as when I was there with Allison in January, ordering ahead saved us almost an hour in line... So I continued to try. After several inquiring posts here on The Dis - I was finally rewarded with an answer which worked... As it turns out - somehow when I made the reservation - V was listed as a "guest" rather than herself... Once I actually inserted her name into the ADR - I was finally able to order ahead - I do believe this was finally fixed while we were on break the day before.

Anyways - neither of us were hungry at all... but we did want to sit down. So, we headed over to BoG - we were able to skip that enormous line and head straight to the register to confirm our order, pay and sit down...

20161023_124242.jpg

20161023_124330.jpg

20161023_124821.jpg

We did wait a little bit for our food to arrive... I cannot remember what V ordered, but I ordered my usual roast beef sandwich - which surprisingly was very good... I wrote in my journal "not Disney tasting" - which at this point in the trip was a blessing. As usual - I only ate the bottom half of the sandwich.

20161023_130424.jpg

It was at this point in time, V and I came up with a brilliant idea - one we wish we would have thought of on the first day of our trip - rather than, not only the last day, but literally as we were walking out of the park on our last day. :eek: We decided to take the Duffy/Shellie May books we had purchased for Thomas and Lara and have them signed by the characters...

Full bellies... We left BoG and headed for the Big Tent in Fantasyland...

20161023_132405.jpg

Into the lines we went... Again - just like on Allison's trip... As we were standing in this very line, Monica texted me to meet up... So, she joined us in line and we all met the characters together.

9EEE8DA6-2D9C-4CC0-A93E-F22FC4175A65.jpg

47703FC5-5F91-43B9-80AC-5229FC432B32.jpg

F235D515-D7BD-464C-9DDD-B36ADF5011F9.jpg

8BE21711-DB5B-4800-A9D0-9DB5C9ED22C1.jpg

3511121F-123C-4988-B45C-978ADDD44F9B.jpg

0C7BA05D-F5ED-4BD2-89C9-9AC643469473.jpg

We really enjoyed meeting up with Monica and visiting with her - she has become such a great friend over the years, and I love to spend time with her when we can.

After meeting the characters, we all parted ways, promising to meet up tomorrow for good-byes before our flight - as V and I had FPs for 7DMT...

V and I chose the very back row - for as "unthrilling" as this ride is, the back provides the most thrill - IMO...

0CC51F23-11A1-4CD5-B92F-47CBD96EF2DB.jpg

Once we were done with this ride, we decided to exit the park... We were hot and tired and just done.

Making our way out via Main Street - we bumped into Norman from this morning... He walked with us to the Train Station, while V and I gave our honest review on the photopass photographers from this morning - telling him that we liked all of them, for different reasons... Some of them were excellent photographers... Some of them weren't the best photographers - but their ability to interact with us was fantastic. It was fun to see Norman again and give our opinion. :)

Walking under the train station for the final time on this trip... "See Ya Real Soon" etched out in the pumpkins displayed on the arches... It's always so sad!

V and I took the Monorail to the TTC, and the bus to SoG for a break. We still had one more park to visit tonight. ::yes::

Link to Day 9 Part 4

D~

Last edited:
So glad your truck is home safe and sound! Yay! It's awesome that you were able to pay with cash. We have to use credit cards when necessary but it always makes us cringe ,except at Kohl's-always seem to be able to use that card way too much lol.
We did have a good trip minus the last 12 hours of it. I caught a stomach bug Friday night and our flight was Saturday morning so that was a little miserable. I tired to not move and touch as little as possible as we traveled to minimize germs for others. I am usually very careful about hand washing and using wipes for tables at WDW but I think by the end of the week I got careless and I paid for it. Unfortunately my 14 year old came down with it Monday. Poor thing had done all of the vacation laundry for me Sunday so I'm thinking that's how she caught it. The rest of the family is good so I think it's done. I guess this will just remind me to be careful through the WHOLE vacation next time! :thumbsup2
Enjoyed the update! We ate at BoG and liked it. I had the turkey sandwich and it was good. We also got the cupcakes and our daughters really liked the grey stuff.
Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend!

Awww, I HATE the final time walking out of Magic Kingdom....I literally cry every single time I have to leave because I'm never sure when I'll be back :worried:

What a great idea to have the books signed by the characters for the kids!! Jimmy really loves getting his autograph books signed, but we've got two full ones, so I want to think of something else for the future trips!

How great that you have the truck back in business and that you were able to pay it in cash

Sounds like you had a good time last night with Josh's co workers.

I know what countries we are visiting this summer and some of the cities we are visiting, but I don't have all our plans yet. Ulf is still working on the route. I know we are visiting Poland and Auschwitz, Amsterdam in the Netherlands, Berlin in Germany. The other countries we are visiting are: Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium and Czech Republic. To get down to Europe we will have to drive through Sweden, Finland and Denmark which we have visited before.

Yes! It was such a relief to have it home. Now we are back to normal... Eeeek - but I am going to do my best to STAY HOME and quit going to Target/Starbucks so much - even though I have appointments both today and tomorrow. No plans to go to Target though. LOL

It was fun - I hope we can plan to do it again sometime.

Ooooh - OK, let me know your dates for The Netherlands when the time comes - V may want to meet up? I'll have to talk to her... I am not sure how she would feel about meeting one of my friends that she has never met? She knows who you are though - so she might? :) And since you are going to Belgium too - you may be very close to where she is staying? :scratchin

Glad you finally got your truck back. It's hard being down by one car and yours was gone for a long time.
Sorry you went slightly over your budget on food this week. It's hard sometimes to stay on budget. I do most of my shopping at the super Walmart south of here. I can use my discount that way.
Nothing much is going on here. I leave for work in a couple of minutes.
The baby shower was fun. My niece loved all her gifts and it was a nice day.
Have a good weekend
Liz

Yes - it's such a relief to have it back! It's good to be back to normal. :)

I'll just have to tighten my belt in other areas - it will be OK. :) I am the same way about shopping at Target - I do most of my shopping there, combining my discount with Cartwheel - I can really maximize our savings. ::yes::

Glad to hear that the baby shower was a success and your niece liked her gifts. :lovestruc

I hope you had a nice weekend too! :)

So glad your truck is home safe and sound! Yay! It's awesome that you were able to pay with cash. We have to use credit cards when necessary but it always makes us cringe ,except at Kohl's-always seem to be able to use that card way too much lol.
We did have a good trip minus the last 12 hours of it. I caught a stomach bug Friday night and our flight was Saturday morning so that was a little miserable. I tired to not move and touch as little as possible as we traveled to minimize germs for others. I am usually very careful about hand washing and using wipes for tables at WDW but I think by the end of the week I got careless and I paid for it. Unfortunately my 14 year old came down with it Monday. Poor thing had done all of the vacation laundry for me Sunday so I'm thinking that's how she caught it. The rest of the family is good so I think it's done. I guess this will just remind me to be careful through the WHOLE vacation next time! :thumbsup2
Enjoyed the update! We ate at BoG and liked it. I had the turkey sandwich and it was good. We also got the cupcakes and our daughters really liked the grey stuff.
Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend!

It's my goal this year to pay off all of our debt! And when we are done - I plan to close all of our accounts... It's time. Looking at how much we pay on debt every month is just stupid, and I am so over it. ::yes:: So, don't be surprised to be getting debt updates on top of all of my other updates too. :scratchin

Yikes!!! That is terrible! So glad to hear that it's over and hopefully no one else gets it! :hug: I never used to think about things like that - I am (by no means) a germ-a-phobe... However - I do find, if I am somewhere public - I do think twice about touching railings and such, and I am very careful to wash my hands before touching my face or anything... I think - because I work from home most of the time, I stay quite healthy because I am not exposed to a bunch of stuff out there - which is good and bad. LOL

I do enjoy eating at BoG... It's not really a must-do, but I really like that roast beef sandwich and after having it a few times now - it's hit the spot every time, especially after several days of park food. ::yes::

I did - thank you - Same to you! :lovestruc

Awww, I HATE the final time walking out of Magic Kingdom....I literally cry every single time I have to leave because I'm never sure when I'll be back

What a great idea to have the books signed by the characters for the kids!! Jimmy really loves getting his autograph books signed, but we've got two full ones, so I want to think of something else for the future trips!

I know - me too... The only reason I keep from crying is because I do know that I'll be back some day... It may be longer than I would like it to be, but I will go back. ::yes::

Our first trip we did the customary autograph books... Since then - we've gotten more creative, as a person can only have so many autograph books... We've done messenger bags... We've done pillow cases... We've done tee shirts... The possibilities are endless. :) I really think that the pillow cases are my favorite - just because you can put them on your bed when you get home and see them every day... And they have so much "character"... LOL

Leaving MK for the last time is always so hard! It seems like y'all had a magical last day there, though!

I know - it is hard isn't it? ::yes:: The only reason I keep myself from crying is I know I'll go back some day. I think it's going to be longer between trips this time, than it has for several years - but I will go back. ::yes::

******************************************************************************************************

I don't have much to update from the weekend...

On Saturday - we sat around the house most of the day...

Josh and I went out for dinner - using one of our GCs from Christmas from Allison for Outback Steakhouse... That was really nice, because the GC allowed us to stay within our eating out budget and we even had enough left over after to go see a movie - so we went to see Hidden Figures... It was very good. ::yes:: Definitely recommend.

Yesterday - we did nothing. Literally, nothing. I was in my PJs all day...

Both girls worked though - so we had dinner by ourselves... We ate the pizza we were supposed to have on Friday and salads. Then I made a nice dessert of home-made pound cake/berries and home-made whipped cream. It was yummy!

My eating wasn't stellar this weekend... I had one meal each day which was above and beyond... I tried to counter balance during my other meals - so I am pretty sure I was OK. ::yes:: Back at it today.

So, that's about all. I hope you all have a wonderful week! I'll check in again when I can. :lovestruc Prayers and Pixie Dust to all!

D~

Hi from Florida. We had a great time in Epcot even with rain and cool temps. It was great after the rain stopped in the morning. Soarin' was amazing and we even got the new one and were in the middle section. I think I liked the 50° temps better than the 90's we had last March. We even park hopped over to Magic Kingdom which we've never done before. We're taking a day off already to give my son, who joined us yesterday, a day to adjust as he works nights. Delta had a system shutdown yesterday, but luckily he was in the air. It did take almost an hour to get off the plane as they couldn't find an empty gate.

How exciting to get out of debt. It will be interesting to see your updates on how you do it. My daughter's family got so far in debt with her dh getting new credit cards with no interest and transferring all his balances. The bad part was he's very smart but not very logical. Every time he did it he felt he didn't have to pay much so it kept getting worse. My husband tried to tell him he could pay more off since he wasn't paying interest. He said why would I want to do that? So now they're in a program to pay it off. It helps now that my daughter found a full time teaching job instead of subbing.

It's starting to warm up now and after today it will be in the 70's. Our pool is wonderfully warm and we plan on using it and probably sit mostly in the hot tub as the high is supposed to be 63°. Tomorrow we will go to HS and our first time at SciFi.

I'm sure it's great to have the truck back. Has to make your running around easier.

Did v get her drivers license yet?

Dh is in full Disney food planning mode. Between him and my girls our list of where they want to eat is out of control. Good thing we have a while to plan it out.

As of today, I've been doing my 30DS for a full week :) I've been trying to make better choices for my meals and haven't snacked at all (which has been THE hardest part of all!!!!) Yesterday, I gave myself a rest day from the workout, but we went out for breakfast and had a big birthday dinner and drinks for my Dad, so my eating (and drinking!!!) was not so great. Back at it this morning with an early morning wake-up, work out and off to school for the day! Not that you have to care, but it makes me feel accountable if I tell somebody what I'm up to :cheer2:

Rob and I decided yesterday that we are for sure signing up for the WDW 5K in January 2018, so I set a new countdown on my phone :mickeyjum Now, just have to figure out some actual trip dates and get started planning again.

I'm so glad the truck is back! I laughed about "3.5 vehicles" -- what's the ".5"? I am working on a secret for my husband...I've been working towards being able to pay of his car loan a bit early and it looks like I'll be able to pay it off this month as a surprise for him. Yea! And then I'll apply that payment amount to Alyssa's car payment and we'll be able to get her car paid off ahead of schedule. :-)

I really need to work on lowering our grocery bills. It's ridiculous how much we spend on groceries. But I have started shopping at Aldi for produce, and I generally do the rest at Target (love the red card discount)...but I still think it's ridiculous how much we spend on groceries for three people.

Great trip report! I wonder why the food was causing stomach upset during the trip...? Any thoughts on that? So fun to be able to meet up with friends while you're at Disney.

I just got scheduled to go to Florida for a day for work next month. Last time that happened I added a day to my trip and did a one day at Disney with a friend from work who was also on the work trip. Not sure I'll do that this time. We expect my father-in-law to pass away any time now, sadly...the doctors are saying possibly up to six weeks but honestly, we think it will be sooner. Hospice was called in last week but after a few days they told my mother-in-law that his needs exceed their abilities right now and so he's going into a care center today. We think that, once he realizes he's in a care center, he's going to just give up the little bit of will to live he had left. But my mother-in-law physically can't care for him at home...she's had to call for help to move him because he's unable to help move himself. It's so very sad. So it looks like we'll be making a trip out to Utah in the next several weeks for his funeral...it's so sad and we're having a hard time coming to terms with it.

Sorry to go off on a sad tangent... Anyway, as much as I'd love to add a Disney day to my trip, I just don't think it's in the cards for next month. Too many unknowns right now...

I really, really want to see Hidden Figures!

Fun TR update!!!

It's nice to have some days that you don't have to do anything.

I don't know the dates we are going to be in the Netherlands yet. We have a rough plan at the moment of where we are on which dates. But I know that will change because we are not sure how fast we are able to drive each day.
Ulf and I went to my parents house yesterday to ask if we can borrow their caravan for 5 weeks next summer. We haven't decided if we want to use the caravan or a tent on our trip. There are pros and cons to both options. At the moment we are leaning most towards the caravan.

D- I am so happy for you that you got the truck back! Sounds like you had a nice low-key weekend. I love the update- I just hate that it's coming to the end. The last time at Magic Kingdom on a trip always gives me the "feels" too. I usually like to just stop at the end of Main Street and just turn around for one last look at the castle.
I completely understand about wanting to pay off your debts. One of the reasons my DH wanted to come here is because we get extra cost of living allowance (cola) & a lot of people leave debt free if they just put that extra toward bills instead of spending it- which is what we have been trying to do. It's hard when you want to do something or buy something, but in the long run, it will benefit the whole family.
I've had an uneventful weekend as well. Quinn has been yucky for the last week with a cold, so I've had to constantly chase her around wiping her nose . Today is my last day on Whole30! I made it!! I just wanted to say sincerely, thank you for all your encouragement and tips and for inspiring me to do this. I have to say that I am nervous about reintroduction but also resigned that there is no actual "end" when it comes to being healthy. I just feel over-all better about myself and ready to begin the next part of the journey. Anyway- thank you, Dorine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter