~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

Hi D,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm still here and reading along. I am so sad that you guys are on your last day. I so enjoy reading your trip reports. I still have about 220 days until our next trip, so I've been living vicariously through you. Thank you so much for sharing your trips and your day to day life with all of us. It's been fun!

Hi D,

I booked my trip to WDW today! Late August / Early September, we are going to be staying at Port Orleans - Riverside (Alligator Bayou section). We could change to 2 rooms somewhere, if money starts growing on trees.

Glad you got your truck back. Always nice to have vehicles running. I have my van sitting in driveway, waiting to be fixed. However, since my kids are doing absolutely nothing to learn to drive (well, one is in Japan, so I will give her a break), no reason to fix it for them.

We got stuck on CoP in 2 different scenes. One was in between decades. The other time was the last scene. That was our first visit to WDW and my kids first experience with it. Sadly, it was their last. They have refused to ride it ever since.

Marissa is all moved to her new host family. It is a 3-story, single-family house. She fell down the stairs on her first day and is pretty much bruised all over. She is really close to the Skytree. It is like the Space Needle in Seattle, but the Skytree has the honor of being the tallest structure (man-made) on earth. Not sure if she will do the observation tower or not. She actually has a bed in this room (although she needs to fold it up each morning). The toilet seat is NOT heated at this house. She said she would miss that. Other than that, she said the family seems nice and they love Star Wars. The new place is 4 train rides from school. Her last place was only 2 train rides. She just finished her last class, so she is on her 2 month break. She isn't sure exactly how she will occupy her time until the next semester begins. She will go to Disney again (special college days these next 2 months). Some of the friends she made over there are heading back home. So there has been many changes the last few days. She did go to a rabbit café as a farewell dinner with a friend. I don't think she has been to a cat café yet. There are restaurants that have live animals you can hold. I saw pictures with her with them holding bunnies. Very cute.

Hope you have a good week.

Yeah for having the truck back! I know the bill hurt but it's worth it.

The only thing I really hate about this show/ride, is I tend to fall asleep - LOL

Hahaha! I'm glad I'm not the only one! CoP and Hall of Presidents did me in.

Just stopping by to say hi D and getting caught up on your TR updates. Last day at MK - so sad. But, I feel another trip for you is around the corner. Love the idea you had to get books signed for the littles. Too cute. The BOG theme is really amazing.

I was thinking the same thing; was the rich Disney food every day starting to make you feel sick? I know if I get too far off my grid in eating I start getting stomach issues. There is just too much good food there.

I was wondering the same thing; did V get her license?

Yay for getting the truck back and paying cash. I wish I could get my food budget down; but eating healthy is more costly. And about 90% of the time DH takes him lunch; I take mine always. And we all eat something from home for breakfast. That adds up. And you can't seem to find coupons or sales for the more healthy options at the store.

Take care D; hugs and prayers.

Hi from Florida. We had a great time in Epcot even with rain and cool temps. It was great after the rain stopped in the morning. Soarin' was amazing and we even got the new one and were in the middle section. I think I liked the 50° temps better than the 90's we had last March. We even park hopped over to Magic Kingdom which we've never done before. We're taking a day off already to give my son, who joined us yesterday, a day to adjust as he works nights. Delta had a system shutdown yesterday, but luckily he was in the air. It did take almost an hour to get off the plane as they couldn't find an empty gate.

How exciting to get out of debt. It will be interesting to see your updates on how you do it. My daughter's family got so far in debt with her dh getting new credit cards with no interest and transferring all his balances. The bad part was he's very smart but not very logical. Every time he did it he felt he didn't have to pay much so it kept getting worse. My husband tried to tell him he could pay more off since he wasn't paying interest. He said why would I want to do that? So now they're in a program to pay it off. It helps now that my daughter found a full time teaching job instead of subbing.

It's starting to warm up now and after today it will be in the 70's. Our pool is wonderfully warm and we plan on using it and probably sit mostly in the hot tub as the high is supposed to be 63°. Tomorrow we will go to HS and our first time at SciFi.

Yay!!! Keep your eyes open for Suzi - she is down there right now. :lovestruc It sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Enjoy!!!! Glad to hear that your son made it safely despite the shut down.

We are making progress towards debt - so that's good. ::yes:: Credit cards are evil - interest free or not. ::yes:: I hope your dd and sil are able to find their way to financial freedom... Check out daveramsey.com - an excellent program. :)

Enjoy your vacation and enjoy SciFi - it's a great place.

I'm sure it's great to have the truck back. Has to make your running around easier.

Did v get her drivers license yet?

Dh is in full Disney food planning mode. Between him and my girls our list of where they want to eat is out of control. Good thing we have a while to plan it out.

It's wonderful to have all of our vehicles back and being able to go when I need to go - even though it's my goal at the moment to stay home as much as possible. ::yes::

No, V does not have her drivers license yet... Not for any other reason - aside from the fact that she hasn't mentioned the desire to go get it done. I figure when she is ready, she will ask - and until then, I will enjoy not having to pay for the inflated insurance prices. :scratchin

Yay for Disney planning !!! So fun!!! I hope you all are able to compromise, yet enjoy the meals that are most important. Happy planning!!! :woohoo:

As of today, I've been doing my 30DS for a full week :) I've been trying to make better choices for my meals and haven't snacked at all (which has been THE hardest part of all!!!!) Yesterday, I gave myself a rest day from the workout, but we went out for breakfast and had a big birthday dinner and drinks for my Dad, so my eating (and drinking!!!) was not so great. Back at it this morning with an early morning wake-up, work out and off to school for the day! Not that you have to care, but it makes me feel accountable if I tell somebody what I'm up to :cheer2:

Rob and I decided yesterday that we are for sure signing up for the WDW 5K in January 2018, so I set a new countdown on my phone :mickeyjum Now, just have to figure out some actual trip dates and get started planning again.

Yay!!! What kind of changes are you seeing? Anything yet? I've also been trying to avoid snacking - it was going really well until this week... I made homemade pound cake on Sunday (big mistake) - and I am the only one eating it. It's going in the trash today - I need the temptation gone! ::yes:: Rest days are (perhaps) MORE important than work-out days, and I do think you need more than 1 rest day per week - it's my experience that 2 is a MINIMUM... Your body NEEDS those rest days to build muscle - as it builds muscle at rest... Google it. :lovestruc Aside from the fact that the burn out rate is high if you don't take a break. :)

I am happy to keep you accountable - and anxious to hear how the rest of your week has been going! :woohoo:

Yay for you - I am very excited!!! That is awesome! I am still unsure about January... I am pretty gung-ho on this "paying off debt" thing, and it's entirely possible that we could be debt free (not including the mortgage) by the end of the year - IF I don't do a Disney trip... Or put it off for a few extra months beyond January... So, we'll see. ::yes::

I hope you're having a great week! :lovestruc

I'm so glad the truck is back! I laughed about "3.5 vehicles" -- what's the ".5"? I am working on a secret for my husband...I've been working towards being able to pay of his car loan a bit early and it looks like I'll be able to pay it off this month as a surprise for him. Yea! And then I'll apply that payment amount to Alyssa's car payment and we'll be able to get her car paid off ahead of schedule.

I really need to work on lowering our grocery bills. It's ridiculous how much we spend on groceries. But I have started shopping at Aldi for produce, and I generally do the rest at Target (love the red card discount)...but I still think it's ridiculous how much we spend on groceries for three people.

Great trip report! I wonder why the food was causing stomach upset during the trip...? Any thoughts on that? So fun to be able to meet up with friends while you're at Disney.

I just got scheduled to go to Florida for a day for work next month. Last time that happened I added a day to my trip and did a one day at Disney with a friend from work who was also on the work trip. Not sure I'll do that this time. We expect my father-in-law to pass away any time now, sadly...the doctors are saying possibly up to six weeks but honestly, we think it will be sooner. Hospice was called in last week but after a few days they told my mother-in-law that his needs exceed their abilities right now and so he's going into a care center today. We think that, once he realizes he's in a care center, he's going to just give up the little bit of will to live he had left. But my mother-in-law physically can't care for him at home...she's had to call for help to move him because he's unable to help move himself. It's so very sad. So it looks like we'll be making a trip out to Utah in the next several weeks for his funeral...it's so sad and we're having a hard time coming to terms with it.

Sorry to go off on a sad tangent... Anyway, as much as I'd love to add a Disney day to my trip, I just don't think it's in the cards for next month. Too many unknowns right now...

I really, really want to see Hidden Figures!

Fun TR update!!!

Hahaha... The .5 vehicle is Josh's Jeep Wrangler - it has a soft top on it - so he typically only drives it during the non-snow months. ::yes:: It's also a manual transmission - and even though I was once a seasoned manual driver - it's been nearly 2 decades since I've owned one, so I prefer not to drive the Jeep. Once in a while - if it's nice - he'll take it to work in the winter, but not often... So, it only gets the designation of .5. :lmao:

That would be an AMAZING surprise for your DH!!! Keep me updated - I'd love to hear if you are able to accomplish this! :woohoo:

I have made it our mission to stay within our grocery budget - which is hard... At $450/month for 4 of us, I find that I need to be diligent to stay under this. Prior to the "truck incident" - we've always had a "grocery budget" - but I would find myself at the store almost daily grabbing things that I missed, because I never decided what was for meals until the day of - or sometimes the day before. The truck almost forced us (did force us) to re-evaluate our spending in a big way... Since Christmas, I have started menu planning - and this has helped immensely... I sit down the Sunday before I shop and I plan out my 2 week's worth of meals - and I am ONLY buying for what is on my meal list... And I double check the pantry beforehand - so I don't buy something I already have. It's a struggle - it truly is... We would totally nose dive if it wasn't for Aldi's produce - there is no way we could eat semi-nutritionally with out Aldis. And - the red debit card extra 5% off - doesn't sound like much, but it helps greatly... Cartwheel too. However - now that I am planning meals and making double sure that I have every ingredient on hand - this takes maybe an hour out of my Sunday mornings... But it's keeping me OUT of the stores during the week - which has been a God-send!!! I have yet to have to go back to grab something I'd "forgot" on my list. I highly recommend this - it's been an eye opener and a "duh" moment all at the same time for me. LOL I know we are all busy - but I feel like, even though this does take some time for me on Sunday mornings - it's a total time saver during the week and I get that hour back 10 fold with a plan in place. ::yes::

I am not sure what the Disney food was doing to me... If I go back and read some of my previous TRs - I find the same thing over and over again. I think it's just the Disney food in general - it's too heavy and too much - and something my body just isn't used to. ::yes::

What a terrible and difficult situation for all of you. Praying for peace for all of you during this time. :hug: It's such a sad time and very difficult to watch, knowing that nothing can be done - yet trying to help where you can. Sending big hugs!!!

I totally understand about not being able to add a Disney day to your trip - hopefully, maybe next time you'll be able to. ::yes::

I highly recommend Hidden Figures - it was very good! ::yes::

Thanks!!! I hope you're having a good week!

It's nice to have some days that you don't have to do anything.

I don't know the dates we are going to be in the Netherlands yet. We have a rough plan at the moment of where we are on which dates. But I know that will change because we are not sure how fast we are able to drive each day.
Ulf and I went to my parents house yesterday to ask if we can borrow their caravan for 5 weeks next summer. We haven't decided if we want to use the caravan or a tent on our trip. There are pros and cons to both options. At the moment we are leaning most towards the caravan.

Yes - I seem to be having lots of them - not complaining though. :)

Well - let me know when your dates are more firm, and I'll pass along the info to V. :lovestruc

Hopefully you are able to figure out soon which vehicle you want to take, then you can set some more firm plans into place. :)

I hope you are having a great week! :)

D- I am so happy for you that you got the truck back! Sounds like you had a nice low-key weekend. I love the update- I just hate that it's coming to the end. The last time at Magic Kingdom on a trip always gives me the "feels" too. I usually like to just stop at the end of Main Street and just turn around for one last look at the castle.
I completely understand about wanting to pay off your debts. One of the reasons my DH wanted to come here is because we get extra cost of living allowance (cola) & a lot of people leave debt free if they just put that extra toward bills instead of spending it- which is what we have been trying to do. It's hard when you want to do something or buy something, but in the long run, it will benefit the whole family.
I've had an uneventful weekend as well. Quinn has been yucky for the last week with a cold, so I've had to constantly chase her around wiping her nose . Today is my last day on Whole30! I made it!! I just wanted to say sincerely, thank you for all your encouragement and tips and for inspiring me to do this. I have to say that I am nervous about reintroduction but also resigned that there is no actual "end" when it comes to being healthy. I just feel over-all better about myself and ready to begin the next part of the journey. Anyway- thank you, Dorine.

It was a nice low-key weekend! I feel like we have too many of them under our belt recently and more to come... meh - but it is, what it is and it's OK. ::yes::

I can't turn around when I am leaving MK for one last look - then I certainly would cry... I am better off looking straight ahead and saying to myself "see ya real soon!" ::yes::

That is awesome!!! I hope that you and DH are able to reach your financial goals while you are in Japan! ::yes:: That would be awesome for your homecoming! :woohoo:

CONGRATULATIONS on completing your first W30!!!! :woohoo: I am sooooo incredibly proud of you!!! It's such a hard thing to do - yet the mind game is the hardest part - once you get past that, I think it gets easier. ::yes:: You had a lot of obstacles to get around and you did it!!! Amazing!!!! I cannot wait to hear how your reintro is going and how you are handling it - yes - the REAL food eating is the biggest eye opener and it sticks with you - doesn't it... It's certainly appalling at how much our food supply really isn't food at all, isn't it?

Proud of you, my friend!!! So. very. proud. :woohoo:

Hi D,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm still here and reading along. I am so sad that you guys are on your last day. I so enjoy reading your trip reports. I still have about 220 days until our next trip, so I've been living vicariously through you. Thank you so much for sharing your trips and your day to day life with all of us. It's been fun!

Hey!!! Thanks for stopping by! I know - I cannot believe I am already writing about our last full day - it's so sad!!! I am glad you are enjoying reading along though - thanks!

I love sharing it all with you guys - all of you keep me accountable - both for TR finishing and just LIFE in general. :hug: Thanks for following along and joining in! :lovestruc

Hi D,

I booked my trip to WDW today! Late August / Early September, we are going to be staying at Port Orleans - Riverside (Alligator Bayou section). We could change to 2 rooms somewhere, if money starts growing on trees.

Glad you got your truck back. Always nice to have vehicles running. I have my van sitting in driveway, waiting to be fixed. However, since my kids are doing absolutely nothing to learn to drive (well, one is in Japan, so I will give her a break), no reason to fix it for them.

We got stuck on CoP in 2 different scenes. One was in between decades. The other time was the last scene. That was our first visit to WDW and my kids first experience with it. Sadly, it was their last. They have refused to ride it ever since.

Marissa is all moved to her new host family. It is a 3-story, single-family house. She fell down the stairs on her first day and is pretty much bruised all over. She is really close to the Skytree. It is like the Space Needle in Seattle, but the Skytree has the honor of being the tallest structure (man-made) on earth. Not sure if she will do the observation tower or not. She actually has a bed in this room (although she needs to fold it up each morning). The toilet seat is NOT heated at this house. She said she would miss that. Other than that, she said the family seems nice and they love Star Wars. The new place is 4 train rides from school. Her last place was only 2 train rides. She just finished her last class, so she is on her 2 month break. She isn't sure exactly how she will occupy her time until the next semester begins. She will go to Disney again (special college days these next 2 months). Some of the friends she made over there are heading back home. So there has been many changes the last few days. She did go to a rabbit café as a farewell dinner with a friend. I don't think she has been to a cat café yet. There are restaurants that have live animals you can hold. I saw pictures with her with them holding bunnies. Very cute.

Hope you have a good week.

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!!! :woohoo: Love POR - I've never stayed there, but I have spent a bit of time there - it's a great resort! I am so excited for you!

It's nice to have all of our vehicles running again! I totally understand about your van - I'd make the exact same decision too. ::yes::

Hahhaa - it's a great ride, but being trapped on it is no fun either. LOL So I understand their reluctance to get back on it... However - I'd much rather be suck on CoP vs. Space Mountain - I think I'd freak out on that one if I was on it and all the lights came on - I've heard stories. LOL

I am happy and relieved to hear that Marissa's move went well... It's such a bummer that she had to move at all - but it sounds like she is very resilient and making it work out for her. I am so happy to hear that she is getting to experience so much while she is there - she will have such fond memories when she comes back. How are you holding up???? I know it's so hard to have them gone and so far away! :hug:

Yeah for having the truck back! I know the bill hurt but it's worth it.

Hahaha! I'm glad I'm not the only one! CoP and Hall of Presidents did me in.

Yes - it definitely hurt - but it was an eye opener that we needed to have. Even though I am a stickler about paying cash for our trips - there is still a lot of other financial stuff that we need to get our act together on, and THIS is the year for us - I am determined! ::yes::

Yup... And the American pavilion in Epcot... Finding Nemo in AK... Lots of great opportunities for naps. LOL

Just stopping by to say hi D and getting caught up on your TR updates. Last day at MK - so sad. But, I feel another trip for you is around the corner. Love the idea you had to get books signed for the littles. Too cute. The BOG theme is really amazing.

I was thinking the same thing; was the rich Disney food every day starting to make you feel sick? I know if I get too far off my grid in eating I start getting stomach issues. There is just too much good food there.

I was wondering the same thing; did V get her license?

Yay for getting the truck back and paying cash. I wish I could get my food budget down; but eating healthy is more costly. And about 90% of the time DH takes him lunch; I take mine always. And we all eat something from home for breakfast. That adds up. And you can't seem to find coupons or sales for the more healthy options at the store.

Take care D; hugs and prayers.

Yes - I sure hope another trip is around the corner - it may be a while though... Gotta get a few more priorities done first. :scratchin

The books turned out really cute - I would have liked to have had more signatures on them, but oh well... Next time we will try to think of things like this a little more in advance. LOL

Yes - I am sure... All of my TRs mention food issues through the years - there's just so much there and so much about it that is an unknown... I am sure my body just freaks out at eating all of the stuff that I don't normally eat. And as much as I love it and dream about it while I am not there - I can only realistically handle so much. LOL

V does not have her license yet... Not for anything other than her not mentioning that she wants to go do it... And I am certainly not going to force her or do it for her... I am flat-out enjoying the fact that I don't have to pay for under 18 insurance premiums at the moment. LOL

Yes - having all of those meals at home does add up! I eat mostly at home and I find that eggs are a great budget saver - I have them almost every morning for breakfast and they are my go-to for lunches too, if I don't have leftovers to choose from. ::yes:: I typically buy about 6 dozen every two weeks! ::yes:: I am also finding the menu planning is helping a lot - go read my incredibly LONG paragraph response to Stephanie above - there are some great ideas in there - if you are interested. :scratchin Aldis has been a lifesaver for produce - do you have one of those near you?

Take care Carol and I hope you are having a good week! :lovestruc

******************************************************************************************************

Wow!!! I am a bit shocked at myself, that I haven't been here to do responses since Monday... Shame on me! ::yes::

I haven't been doing much of anything... Working... Working out... Working at Target... a bit of reading and Facebooking... Pretty boring stuff and certainly not stuff that's interesting to write about. LOL

I am super into Dave Ramsey right now and our budget... Almost obsessively so... For those of you who don't know him - I suggest reading up on his principles... As, you'll likely be hearing a lot about him in this TR or my PTR in the coming months. :scratchin And his podcasts are super motivating as well... Guess what I am listening to now while I am sewing? LOL I guess there are worse things to be obsessed with... ::yes::

We had some great news the other day... We are having a surprise visitor next week and we are all very excited!!! I am not sure if I should tell you all who it is or not???? I can't decide... Maybe I'll let you guess and I"ll reveal it later? LOL Gotta keep some excitement going here... ::yes::

That's about all... Nothing else is new or fun... Oh - I've been stalking Suzi in WDW and Ariana in DL... Two great friends on opposite sides of the country enjoying Disney. :lovestruc

I hope you all are having a great week. Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Nice...talking about Dave Ramsey and throw in "or my PTR in coming months". Can't wait to hear all about it. I too have gotten back on the Dave Ramsey band wagon. I did not do my meal planning on Sunday and I have been to the store every single day this week. But I haven't gotten it down yet that it only takes me an hour. I guess because I am having to convert potential recipes into Weight Watcher points before I can decide whether or not it is a good one.

I am doing ok with the Marissa not being around. Some days it is harder, but I am hoping that by the time this is over with, she can say it was worth it. Now, I get to figure out how scholarships and taxes go together (or don't). This is the first year she got scholarships that applied to living expenses and not just college tuition and fees. Plus she got the majority in 2016, but to be used for 8 months of expenses in 2017, so I am just out of my tax preparation comfort zone on this one.

I too am stalking the same two. I am really curious as to how Ariana will like DL and staying off-site. I have never stayed at the hotel she chose, so I am hoping it is ok.

After reading your latest update, I started thinking. We had the same problem with Disney food. By the end of our trip, we just couldn't eat much of anything. My son in law kept saying that he thought they put something in their food to make us feel full. Chef Mickey's and Hollywood and Vine were a waste because we just didn't eat that much.
I'd been wondering about that .5 car too but that makes sense.
We had two snow days this week. I couldn't figure out why because I've had shorter hours this week and have been going in an hour later than usual. By then the roads were clear. I asked my daughter about it and she said the roads were bad both days and she was late to work.
I haven't been doing much lately besides working and working on an afghan and the quilt, which would go faster if I didn't have 'help' from the cats.
Have a good day
Liz

Did you say Pre trip report?! I hope so. I do enjoy living vicariously through others. :) It helps with the withdrawals.lol I do think I have my husband talked into going next year sometime for our 25th anniversary. Only for a few days though as he wants to take a 4 or 5 night cruise. We can't go to Florida without visiting WDW at least a little.:rolleyes1 But that is all at least a year away so I will just have to keep reading trip reports.
Excited for you and your surprise visitor. Just a guess but maybe Brian?
Have a great day!

Good morning D! Just chiming in. No, sadly we do not have an Aldi's. We do not have anything similar either. Tyler has one in Houston that opened up not long ago but he went a few times and stopped. He said their produce was past their expiration date a lot and moldy. Ewwww. Not good management there. Even with a meal plan and big shopping at our major grocery chain on Sunday, I have to stop at the specialty stores each week on the way home for some things. Our Super Target has a lot of healthy options I like. And I love Whole Foods. It adds to the food budget but I am particular about my brands and foods. Our major grocery chain does not have the freshest produce either, and it is really expensive.

I have 2 sons D; and insurance does not go down in rate until the age of 25 in Texas. So, we have 4 years left of high rates with Shane. Thank goodness he didn't get his license until 18. He wasn't in a hurry either. V will know when she is ready.

Tyler and Ariece are on the Dave Ramsey plan. With just Ariece's income there is a lot of budgeting to be done!
I am guessing Brian or Myrthe?

Have a terrific Thursday!

I paid off DH's car! I'm so excited. I'm going to apply that payment amount to the principal on Alyssa's car loan so we can pay that off sooner. Of course, maybe not - I had two crowns done today and need to get even more work done...so maybe I need to start setting that amount aside toward my dental bills. I don't know. At any rate, he'll be very surprised and happy when I tell him.

How do you deal with produce when you do your grocery shopping for two weeks at a time? My problem is that the produce often goes bad before I can use it, so instead I buy less produce and make more frequent trips to the store for produce...which means more spending... I need to stop that....

My husband ended up flying to Utah to be with his family yesterday and was able to be at the care facility with his Dad last night...his Dad passed away about an hour and a half ago, peacefully and surrounded by his wife and all five of his children. He became unresponsive Monday evening at peacefully slipped away. He was one of the most kind, gentle, humble men I've ever known and I am so grateful to have been his daughter-in-law. It looks like I'll be flying out to join my husband for the funeral so I need get arrangements made for that.

Have a great day...I may not be able to check in for the next few days. Lots of arrangements to be made.

I haven't heard of Dave Ramsey. Gordon Ramsey yes, but not Dave Ramsey. I have to google him later.

Surprise visits are fun. I hope you have a great time next week.

Today I tried to drive my electric wheelchair out of the car. I hate doing that because I don't master it. I thought I would be able to get the wheelchair out and into the car several times as practice today. But after getting it out once I was done. Getting the wheelchair into the car is much easier since I can drive it into the car the right way but I have to drive backwards when getting the wheelchair out of the car.

This week I have started to look for a new apartment. It's not easy to find the apartment I need because I need an apartment that is wheelchair accessible and that has a garage that my car fits in. The apartment I need cost a lot more than the money I will get when selling my old apartment. So I will have to get a loan. Which is not easy with the small income I have.

What kind of changes are you seeing? Anything yet?

Your body NEEDS those rest days to build muscle - as it builds muscle at rest... Google it. :lovestruc

So far, I am down 5 lbs, so that's been the most exciting change. I need to take a halfway to 30 days picture so I can compare to my VERY unflattering day 1 picture, but I feel like the waist of my dress pants I wear to school every day isn't pinching so tightly and my husband claims I look thinner, but I think he's just trying to be supportive :)

I LOVE that information about rest days--I have never stuck with anything for this long, and I'd to burn myself out. Extra days of rest added to the schedule immediately!! Also, level 1 is still killing me some mornings and easier others. I think I might start level 2 over the weekend and see how that goes.

I started thinking if I'm going to sign up to do the WDW 5K, maybe I should put in the training to do the 10K and/or Half while I'm at it. I've been wanting to do a runDisney event FOREVER and if I'm going, I want to really make it worth my while. Hmmm....got to think about this and decide pretty quickly since sign up is coming up FAST!

Have a great weekend, D!! :)

Nice...talking about Dave Ramsey and throw in "or my PTR in coming months". Can't wait to hear all about it. I too have gotten back on the Dave Ramsey band wagon. I did not do my meal planning on Sunday and I have been to the store every single day this week. But I haven't gotten it down yet that it only takes me an hour. I guess because I am having to convert potential recipes into Weight Watcher points before I can decide whether or not it is a good one.

I am doing ok with the Marissa not being around. Some days it is harder, but I am hoping that by the time this is over with, she can say it was worth it. Now, I get to figure out how scholarships and taxes go together (or don't). This is the first year she got scholarships that applied to living expenses and not just college tuition and fees. Plus she got the majority in 2016, but to be used for 8 months of expenses in 2017, so I am just out of my tax preparation comfort zone on this one.

I too am stalking the same two. I am really curious as to how Ariana will like DL and staying off-site. I have never stayed at the hotel she chose, so I am hoping it is ok.

Hahaha... Well - doing Dave Ramsey, while simultaneously planning a Disney trip is a bit of an oxymoron, LOL... But we will see? :scratchin I just know - if we pay off our debt, we will have a LOT more $$ in our travel budget and going to Disney a bit more often is definitely in the cards. ::yes::

I will be working on my meal planning tomorrow morning, as I go shopping on Friday...

I can see where your meal planning does take longer... Having to convert everything into points is one of the main reasons I gave up on WW... I feel like I should be able to do this much easier - and the easier it is for me to do it, the longer I will stick with it. ::yes:: I am pretty loyal to MFP for this exact reason - it's very non-complicated, which is just how I like it. :)

I am glad to hear that you are doing OK with Marissa being gone - I just cannot imagine! I am sure it will be worth it in the end. I know that, even though it was hard for Allison, she looks back on her time in Europe very fondly... It's almost as if she has forgotten how hard it actually was - which is good.

Good luck with figuring out taxes... I am so thankful that Josh does ours - as I am quite clueless... I do my business stuff - but that is about it.

It looks like they are having so much fun! :woohoo:

After reading your latest update, I started thinking. We had the same problem with Disney food. By the end of our trip, we just couldn't eat much of anything. My son in law kept saying that he thought they put something in their food to make us feel full. Chef Mickey's and Hollywood and Vine were a waste because we just didn't eat that much.
I'd been wondering about that .5 car too but that makes sense.
We had two snow days this week. I couldn't figure out why because I've had shorter hours this week and have been going in an hour later than usual. By then the roads were clear. I asked my daughter about it and she said the roads were bad both days and she was late to work.
I haven't been doing much lately besides working and working on an afghan and the quilt, which would go faster if I didn't have 'help' from the cats.
Have a good day
Liz

Yes - I am not sure if they put fillers in it or not? I don't think so, but there is definitely something about it, where at the end - a person just cannot eat like that anymore. I need to remember that while I am planning - but I never do. LOL

That makes sense... I hate winter time when travel isn't good.

Hahaha - I love it when the animals help. LOL

Have a great weekend Liz! :)

Did you say Pre trip report?! I hope so. I do enjoy living vicariously through others. It helps with the withdrawals.lol I do think I have my husband talked into going next year sometime for our 25th anniversary. Only for a few days though as he wants to take a 4 or 5 night cruise. We can't go to Florida without visiting WDW at least a little. But that is all at least a year away so I will just have to keep reading trip reports.
Excited for you and your surprise visitor. Just a guess but maybe Brian?
Have a great day!

I did say PTR... But I know nothing yet... I have no dates... I have nothing... So, I may start one - but I have no idea when. LOL :scratchin

I sure hope you get to go - a 25th anniversary is a great reason! And a cruise too!!! Swoon!!! :lovestruc

Great guess - but nope, it isn't Brian... :scratchin You are VERY close though!

Good morning D! Just chiming in. No, sadly we do not have an Aldi's. We do not have anything similar either. Tyler has one in Houston that opened up not long ago but he went a few times and stopped. He said their produce was past their expiration date a lot and moldy. Ewwww. Not good management there. Even with a meal plan and big shopping at our major grocery chain on Sunday, I have to stop at the specialty stores each week on the way home for some things. Our Super Target has a lot of healthy options I like. And I love Whole Foods. It adds to the food budget but I am particular about my brands and foods. Our major grocery chain does not have the freshest produce either, and it is really expensive.

I have 2 sons D; and insurance does not go down in rate until the age of 25 in Texas. So, we have 4 years left of high rates with Shane. Thank goodness he didn't get his license until 18. He wasn't in a hurry either. V will know when she is ready.

Tyler and Ariece are on the Dave Ramsey plan. With just Ariece's income there is a lot of budgeting to be done!
I am guessing Brian or Myrthe?

Have a terrific Thursday!

That is terrible about Aldis... Sometimes, I do have to watch my produce from there... I am very cautious about what I buy. Though I have never seen anything quite that bad. :scratchin

Yikes! I will say - before Allison had her license, we paid $118 per month for full coverage + glass and towing on 3 vehicles..... When she first got her license - our insurance went up to $220/per month... When she turned 18, it went down to $180/month... So, it isn't a great savings, but every little bit helps. I am very much enjoying the fact that we aren't paying the super high premiums on both girls right now - so I will drag it out as long as V will let me. LoL

Tyler and Ariece - even though I don't know them at all, except through you - I admire them greatly! They have nowhere to go but UP! I have a great admiration for anyone who has completed the school that Tyler has, and who has a great financial plan - as it seems they do... I look forward to hearing more about their successes over the coming years! Great job Momma - for raising such smart and responsible sons! :lovestruc

OOoh - good guess... You are half right and it's not Brian! :woohoo:

Thank you - I hope you have a nice weekend Carol! Sending hugs!!! :hug:

I paid off DH's car! I'm so excited. I'm going to apply that payment amount to the principal on Alyssa's car loan so we can pay that off sooner. Of course, maybe not - I had two crowns done today and need to get even more work done...so maybe I need to start setting that amount aside toward my dental bills. I don't know. At any rate, he'll be very surprised and happy when I tell him.

How do you deal with produce when you do your grocery shopping for two weeks at a time? My problem is that the produce often goes bad before I can use it, so instead I buy less produce and make more frequent trips to the store for produce...which means more spending... I need to stop that....

My husband ended up flying to Utah to be with his family yesterday and was able to be at the care facility with his Dad last night...his Dad passed away about an hour and a half ago, peacefully and surrounded by his wife and all five of his children. He became unresponsive Monday evening at peacefully slipped away. He was one of the most kind, gentle, humble men I've ever known and I am so grateful to have been his daughter-in-law. It looks like I'll be flying out to join my husband for the funeral so I need get arrangements made for that.

Have a great day...I may not be able to check in for the next few days. Lots of arrangements to be made.

Congratulations!!! :woohoo: That is awesome!!! So when are you going to tell DH? Yah - I think I would get your crowns paid off first than then work on the other car. :scratchin

Well - I watch the expiration dates/try to buy produce that is in different stages of "ripeness"... I use the most ripe items first (if they look like they aren't going to make it - I usually chop them up and freeze them - things like broccoli, peppers and brussels sprouts are very good after they've been frozen) and typically that last week, we are eating mostly potatoes and carrots. LOL As those keep longer. I try to plan my menus keeping that sort of thing in mind - and if I notice that something isn't going to make it - I'll swap out one menu day for another. I am trying very hard to eliminate waste. Typically - for fruit - I try to buy several berry/melon varieties - I'll make a fruit salad with those and we'll eat on that the first week... Then the second week is when we dig into the oranges and apples - as those keep longer. I guarantee, by the time I go grocery shopping on Friday - my fridge is BARE! LOL

I saw this on Facebook the other day - and I was so very sad for all of you. It warms my heart a bit that he went peacefully surrounded by those he loved... Though I am still sending lots of hugs and prayers as I know this will be a very difficult time for all of you. He sounds like he was a wonderful man who enjoyed life immensely and those he loved, loved him well in return. :lovestruc Sending you peace and hugs during this time. :hug: And wishing all of you safe travels. I'll be thinking of you. :hug:

I haven't heard of Dave Ramsey. Gordon Ramsey yes, but not Dave Ramsey. I have to google him later.

Surprise visits are fun. I hope you have a great time next week.

Today I tried to drive my electric wheelchair out of the car. I hate doing that because I don't master it. I thought I would be able to get the wheelchair out and into the car several times as practice today. But after getting it out once I was done. Getting the wheelchair into the car is much easier since I can drive it into the car the right way but I have to drive backwards when getting the wheelchair out of the car.

This week I have started to look for a new apartment. It's not easy to find the apartment I need because I need an apartment that is wheelchair accessible and that has a garage that my car fits in. The apartment I need cost a lot more than the money I will get when selling my old apartment. So I will have to get a loan. Which is not easy with the small income I have.

I hope you do remember to google him - he has some amazing financial ways!

Yes - they definitely are! We are very excited and cannot wait! :woohoo:

I can only imagine how frustrating and stressful that must be! I sure hope you are able to get more practice, so you confidence is boosted! Sending Pixie Dust your way, my friend!

You are moving? This is news to me... Is there a reason? Wishing you luck that you are able to find somewhere to accommodate your necessities within your budget!

So far, I am down 5 lbs, so that's been the most exciting change. I need to take a halfway to 30 days picture so I can compare to my VERY unflattering day 1 picture, but I feel like the waist of my dress pants I wear to school every day isn't pinching so tightly and my husband claims I look thinner, but I think he's just trying to be supportive

I LOVE that information about rest days--I have never stuck with anything for this long, and I'd to burn myself out. Extra days of rest added to the schedule immediately!! Also, level 1 is still killing me some mornings and easier others. I think I might start level 2 over the weekend and see how that goes.

I started thinking if I'm going to sign up to do the WDW 5K, maybe I should put in the training to do the 10K and/or Half while I'm at it. I've been wanting to do a runDisney event FOREVER and if I'm going, I want to really make it worth my while. Hmmm....got to think about this and decide pretty quickly since sign up is coming up FAST!

Have a great weekend, D!! :)

That is super awesome! And yes - you need to take pictures, if for nothing else - to compare for yourself. I am sure the changes will come rapidly now!

Glad to hear - I always take Saturday and Sunday off... And more recently - Wednesdays too - just because I get SOOOO many steps in when I work at Target, and I just don't have the time to work out in the morning before I need to be at the store.

I'd definitely give Level 2 a try... Level 1 kills me every time - even now. LOL It's tough! Just watch out for that last ab set on level 2 - I've cried many times on that one! Good luck! ::yes::

Yay!!! I sure hope you do!!! That would be awesome! I still dream of it one day - but it's looking like it will be years away for me.

Thanks - same to you! :lovestruc

*********************************************************************************************************

Good morning everyone! Happy weekend! :woohoo:

I had a great end to my week - I was able to make a HUGE dent in my work schedule and set my coming week up for success. :woohoo: That is always a wonderful feeling, and makes me feel much less guilty for being a sloth on the weekends. ::yes::

A few of you guessed who our coming visitor is - and your guesses were super close (one was correct)... Myrthe will be here next week! She has training for work - so most of her time here will be work related, and her schedule is tight... She was able to squeeze out some time to meet us for lunch one day... So we cleared our schedules and we will all get the chance to see her for a few hours. :woohoo: This was such an unexpected and fun surprise! :lovestruc

I do have a small update on Allison's future plans... Please bear with me - as I am not sure how much I want to share here... First off - she found a job, she was hired as a shift leader for Caribou - she missed her Barista days a lot and really wanted to have that in her life again. This is a good job for her, with the opportunity for a lot of hours and good pay - considering. For the time being - Allison will only be working - no college... We are not happy about this, but we do understand the necessity for her at this point in time. Trying to make a VERY long story short.... When Allison quit cosmetology school - she lost all of her grants - so the owes them a LOT of $$... We went into the school this week, and worked out a repayment plan - this next year will be very tough for her financially, as she pays back this debt - but I feel like there is a HUGE life lesson to be learned here, and she will learn it. She has other options available to her - as this debt could be completely forgiven if she were to return to cosmetology school... However - she is adamant that she would rather pay the school, than complete the course and get her cosmetology license... Though we don't feel like this is the smartest decision she could make - we have chosen to support her decision and let her pay it back. It is our hope - she will figure out, after a few months of paying this debt, and she will reconsider her options. That is all I will say about this.... Again - we have chosen this to be a teaching experience for her - an expensive one at that. It is not easy, as a parent, to stand back and watch your children make mistakes - but we will also NOT be the parents who try to choose our children's paths in life.

This weekend... Well - again - we have no plans. I will be digging into my 2nd cup of coffee shortly while I write a TR update. :lovestruc I will also spend some time cleaning the house this morning (though it really doesn't need it - I'll probably do some deep cleaning though)... Maybe take a nap later? :scratchin Read a book... Waste time on my tablet... You know - perfecting my sloth skills. :lmao:

Tomorrow is menu planning and grocery list making day... So, I will work on that in the morning and likely continue my laziness through out the day. :lovestruc I may even do another TR update tomorrow? ::yes::

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Sending lots of prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Day 9 Part 4​

Ahhh - finally - break time! We were tired, and we were full...

We took the Monorail to the TTC and the SoG bus back to SoG.

We did a little bit of packing - not realizing the amount of purchases we had made on this trip - it was going to be tricky! Just the sheer amount of coffee cups took up V's entire carry on. :eek:

Victoria decided to take a nap... I dozed a little bit and updated my journal.

I woke V and we decided to go back to Epcot... We had only been there once on this trip, and since it's her favorite park - we decided to go back for a few hours.

We got ready... Neither of us was feeling great... We were tired and the food was really getting to us. At the last minute - we decided to skip Epcot (and waste the opportunity to go to a park on the last day of our passes) and go to the Poly instead.

To be honest - we were just out of energy. Pretty sad and disappointing... I know.

20161023_181643.jpg

We spent some time wandering around the resort - just enjoying the sights and smells... There is nothing else like it any where in the world. :lovestruc

While we were there, I thought that maybe a Dole-whip would be OK for my weak stomach. V opted out.

20161023_182949.jpg

We found a table and as I was eating mine and actually enjoying it... V decided that it looked pretty good... So she went up to get her own. The CM looked at her a little funny for coming back, so V explained that she wasn't feeling well - but my Dole-whip looked pretty good... The CM pixie dusted her with a free one and sent her off with wishes to feel better. :lovestruc

After we enjoyed our Dole-whips... Again we enjoyed the atmosphere of the Poly... We walked around a little bit...

20161023_182611.jpg

Still feeling a little sad that we were wasting the last of our last park day... Both of us agreed that we had made the right decision and walked back to SoG... No Shady Shuttle for us this time - we took our time and enjoyed the walk.

V's stomach was still a bit unsettled, but we both did a bit more packing.

I sat on the balcony - enjoying our last night in Disney, updating my journal...

20161024_062026.jpg

I was in bed long before Wishes started.​

Link to Day 10 Part 1

D~

Last edited:
I hope you have a good time with Myrthe even if it's just for a few hours.

How great that Allison has found a job. I think it's a good idea to make her pay the dept to the school her self so she will learn a lesson even if it's an expensive one.
It's not easy to know what you want to be when you grow up. Hopefully she will find out what she want to study so she can get a career, a house and everything else she want as a grown up.

How nice of the CM to give V a Dole-whip for free and sent her off with wishes to feel better.

I've just started to think seriously on moving to a better adapted apartment. The apartment I have today doesn't have the garage to the car in the basement and the apartment it self isn't big enough so I can move around in a wheelchair in it. Now I have to go outside and down a little hill to the neighbor house where the garage and my car is. I have thought about the need of moving for a few years already because ever since I moved into this apartment I knew I wouldn't be able to live here forever since it's really challenging for me to walk to the garage during winter.

After getting my new car I've realized that the time has come that I need a wheelchair accessible apartment with a handicap parking space in the garage. I know it will take a long time before I can actually move because I have to get help from the government in order to finance the apartment I need. An apartment in Tromsø is NOT cheap and I'm not moving from Tromsø.

The next step for me now is to get a Occupational Therapist to write a letter to the government that I need a wheelchair accessible apartment and I think it is wise to get my physical therapist to write a letter as well. When this is done I have to contact the right department and get them to understand that the time has come for me to get a wheelchair accessible apartment. If I'm lucky I will be moving in summer 2018.

I'm so glad to hear that you had a good end to your week. It always makes the coming week better when you go into it on a positive note. Yay for having a visit with Myrthe-even if it is only for a few hours! Hugs and prayers regarding Allison's situation. Hopefully, it all works out for the good of everyone-hang in there! The last day TR update makes me saddddd- but at least it included a little bit of Pixie Dust. I hope you will start a "maybe" PTR for next year. If you decide not to go and get all your debts paid off, it will just be a very pre-pre-trip report for the ones you will be able to afford in the coming years!

So, I have been trying to do a slow reintroduction this week coming off the whole30. The first 2 days, the only thing I added back was a teaspoon of sugar and a tablespoon of my usual French Vanilla creamer. My first cup of coffee tasted like someone had poured paint in it! I was kind of disappointed, but also my eyes were opened to what I have been putting in my body. For my 2nd cup, I used unsweetened vanilla Almond milk (whole30 compliant) and it was great! I have been drinking it that way ever since. My stomach was upset after having that first creamer, so the 1st day was pretty rough. I lost only a total of 6 lbs during the 30 days, but I know it's more about learning than weightloss. My husband, of course, lost 11lbs. He's also a foot & a half taller than me, so I guess it evens out, LOL. I'm still taking it slow and trying things here & there while trying to stick to the template. I just don't want to lose the progress that I have made so far.

Hoping you have a great, relaxing weekend!

Day 2 Part 3

Victoria and I took a break until 4:30, I napped, she was restless and chose to go to the Poly - a decision that later in the trip, she would regret...

We were on a SoG bus to the TTC at 4:50 - and we hopped the monorail to Epcot.

The lines for bag check were a bit long, so we hopped into the shortest one... It was almost my turn, when someone came out of the crowd, recognizing me from my TRs here... She introduced herself as Jill, and she told me her DIS name, but I do not remember it. So, Jill - if you are here and reading along - It was so nice of you to say hello and to briefly meet you... I wish we could have chatted longer. :) I hope you'll chime in here, so I can officially meet you better. :lovestruc

Hello!! I am Jill! It was so neat to see you and meet at Epcot that day!! I wish we had a chance to chat longer, but those lines WERE crazy that day, and I did not want to hold you up! I had previously read your TR's, and love your UPB's. So talented you are. I was inspired by your trip with Allison, that my oldest DD and I are planning a Spring 2018 trip prior to her HS graduation! When we met, my sister and I were on a trip together for F&W. My first time in the fall, and it was so much fun! Seriously though, I felt like I had met a celebrity!! I was telling my sister all about your bags, and showing her pictures of your work when we got back to our room that night. It was my first DIS meet, and it was such fun! I had not been on the DIS in a while (ya know, post-Disney depression), but woke up early today, and decided to look for a trip report to read, and here I am...

I clearly have DIS issues this morning, and ended up with my reply within the quote...so here it is pasted...

Hello!! I am Jill! It was so neat to see you and meet at Epcot that day!! I wish we had a chance to chat longer, but those lines WERE crazy that day, and I did not want to hold you up! I had previously read your TR's, and love your UPB's. So talented you are. I was inspired by your trip with Allison, that my oldest DD and I are planning a Spring 2018 trip prior to her HS graduation! When we met, my sister and I were on a trip together for F&W. My first time in the fall, and it was so much fun! Seriously though, I felt like I had met a celebrity!! I was telling my sister all about your bags, and showing her pictures of your work when we got back to our room that night. It was my first DIS meet, and it was such fun! I had not been on the DIS in a while (ya know, post-Disney depression), but woke up early today, and decided to look for a trip report to read, and here I am...

I hope you have a good time with Myrthe even if it's just for a few hours.

How great that Allison has found a job. I think it's a good idea to make her pay the dept to the school her self so she will learn a lesson even if it's an expensive one.
It's not easy to know what you want to be when you grow up. Hopefully she will find out what she want to study so she can get a career, a house and everything else she want as a grown up.

How nice of the CM to give V a Dole-whip for free and sent her off with wishes to feel better.

I've just started to think seriously on moving to a better adapted apartment. The apartment I have today doesn't have the garage to the car in the basement and the apartment it self isn't big enough so I can move around in a wheelchair in it. Now I have to go outside and down a little hill to the neighbor house where the garage and my car is. I have thought about the need of moving for a few years already because ever since I moved into this apartment I knew I wouldn't be able to live here forever since it's really challenging for me to walk to the garage during winter.

After getting my new car I've realized that the time has come that I need a wheelchair accessible apartment with a handicap parking space in the garage. I know it will take a long time before I can actually move because I have to get help from the government in order to finance the apartment I need. An apartment in Tromsø is NOT cheap and I'm not moving from Tromsø.

The next step for me now is to get a Occupational Therapist to write a letter to the government that I need a wheelchair accessible apartment and I think it is wise to get my physical therapist to write a letter as well. When this is done I have to contact the right department and get them to understand that the time has come for me to get a wheelchair accessible apartment. If I'm lucky I will be moving in summer 2018.

We will have a great time - it will be good to see her! We are very excited! :woohoo:

Yes - it is a very expensive lesson... I am a little (lot) proud of her though - she is really tightening her belt and working hard/spending less to pay off this debt... Because the owner of the school was so generous to her about allowing payments, we told him that her first payment wouldn't be until March 1 (after all, when we met with him, it was the day before Feb 1)... So, I am very much encouraging her to make a double payment on March 1, so that she is able to make a good dent in the debt right away. So far - she is doing incredible with that challenge and I feel like it is actually doable for her. ::yes:: I hope she is able to decide on something she would like to go to school for during this time... Some kids just need some time. ::yes::

Ahhh - thank you for the explanation - I sure hope you are able to find an apartment which is suitable to your needs, sooner rather than later. Good luck and keep me updated! :)

The last day is always so hard...it was sweet of that CM to sprinkle some pixie dust on V's day!

Yes - it is... Believe it or not, we have a pretty busy travel day ahead too... So, this TR isn't quite over yet. :scratchin

I'm so glad to hear that you had a good end to your week. It always makes the coming week better when you go into it on a positive note. Yay for having a visit with Myrthe-even if it is only for a few hours! Hugs and prayers regarding Allison's situation. Hopefully, it all works out for the good of everyone-hang in there! The last day TR update makes me saddddd- but at least it included a little bit of Pixie Dust. I hope you will start a "maybe" PTR for next year. If you decide not to go and get all your debts paid off, it will just be a very pre-pre-trip report for the ones you will be able to afford in the coming years!

So, I have been trying to do a slow reintroduction this week coming off the whole30. The first 2 days, the only thing I added back was a teaspoon of sugar and a tablespoon of my usual French Vanilla creamer. My first cup of coffee tasted like someone had poured paint in it! I was kind of disappointed, but also my eyes were opened to what I have been putting in my body. For my 2nd cup, I used unsweetened vanilla Almond milk (whole30 compliant) and it was great! I have been drinking it that way ever since. My stomach was upset after having that first creamer, so the 1st day was pretty rough. I lost only a total of 6 lbs during the 30 days, but I know it's more about learning than weightloss. My husband, of course, lost 11lbs. He's also a foot & a half taller than me, so I guess it evens out, LOL. I'm still taking it slow and trying things here & there while trying to stick to the template. I just don't want to lose the progress that I have made so far.

Hoping you have a great, relaxing weekend!

It will be nice to see Myrthe - like I said, a very nice surprise! :woohoo:

I think this time of just "working" will actually be good for Allison - she struggles greatly with "what to be when she grows up", and I think this will just give her time to sort it out - all the while - learning the lesson of working hard to pay off debt. :scratchin

I will likely start a maybe PTR for next year - knowing full well that the dates may need to be pushed out some. It's OK though - we have a really good plan and getting this junk out of our lives now will make life so much more fun later. ::yes::

I feel ya - totally! I did the same exact thing - that first allowed reintro day was very eye opening! I tried cream and sugar and I nearly threw up - it was nasty! I settled on, and still drink my coffee this way now, agave as sweetener and real half n' half... Always being careful to check the labels so the only ingredients are milk and cream - you would think that's all half n' half should be - but only 2 brands locally are that way. Sad. I hope you are able to find something you like - I just remember being so disappointed as I hated the coffee on W30, and I was sooo looking forward to having "my coffee" time be my time again - and it was terrible... I actually enjoy the compromise. ::yes::

*****************************************************************************************************

Nothing at all exciting for yesterday... I really did nothing. I technically didn't even leave the house. ::yes::

I worked on finding a few new recipes for my upcoming meal plan... And I made a grocery list for those items I needed for those new meals. So, I already have a dent in my grocery list for this morning.

I cleaned the house a little bit...

I took a nap...

I read...

I made dinner - homemade mashed potatoes, gravy, chicken and steamed broccoli... It was actually good. ::yes::

I went to bed early - despite the nap, I was still tired.

Today... I think I will do my next TR update...

I plan to finish my grocery list.

And that's all I have to do... My day will likely look a lot like yesterday. ::yes::

I hope you all have a great remainder of your weekend - prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

I clearly have DIS issues this morning, and ended up with my reply within the quote...so here it is pasted...

Hahaha - Yah the Dis is acting up a bit for me this morning too... Which is semi-normal. LOL

No worries at all... To be honest - my girls are used to it - in Disney anyways... When it happens at home, they are a bit taken off guard though. LOL In all honesty - I love to meet any readers from the Dis - it's so much fun!

Fall is such a great time to go - isn't it? I honestly think it's my favorite... Late Oct to late Nov - weather wise - is just perfect!

I am super excited to have you here and reading along - I hope you enjoy it, I love sharing our trips here and it truly helps with the post Disney Depression (a real thing!)... I am hoping to start a PTR (for an undetermined time frame) after I finish this TR... And I am very exited to hear about you taking a trip with your DD - both of our trips were amazing and something all of us will treasure forever! I encourage everyone to take one!!! :lovestruc

And thanks again for stopping by to introduce yourself! After we got through bag check that day - I looked to see if you were still in the area, but I didn't see you. :) Have a great remainder to your weekend! :lovestruc

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter