• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

A 3 hour nap sounds nice :)

How great that Allison had a day off and spent the day at home.

Have a great day :hug:

Victoria ~ Growing up Disney ~ 2014​

wd021wdw2014238113463754_7043236342_18.jpeg

wd025wdw2014238113383170_7043127516_18.jpeg

wd038wdw2014237113162511_7046318135_18.jpeg

wd024wdw2014236112749555_7045326920_18.jpeg

10634375_10204461539004239_265967441_n.jpg

10642615_10204461921613804_1718713518_o.jpg

10563664_10204441375540165_934836511_o.jpg

wd029wdw2014234112063106_7043446634_18.jpeg

wd023wdw2014234111896064_7043386900_18.jpeg

wd024wdw2014234111896066_7043390487_18.jpeg

wd031wdw2014233111593200_7043272046_18.jpeg

10626467_10204825876835513_1040354265857665781_n.jpg

wd015wdw2014232111435043_7042757570_18.jpeg

wd020wdw2014233111593224_7043220315_18a.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7046865881.jpg

20140827_164953.jpg

20140827_151320.jpg

20140827_104725.jpg

20140827_085816_1.jpg

20140826_081947.jpg

20140826_074835.jpg

wd010wdw2014235112430670.jpeg

wd003wdw2014234112063099.jpeg

20140822_075327.jpg

20140821_130507_1.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

20140820_214524.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

Link to Final Thoughts...

D~

Last edited:
Hi D! I am just popping in for a quick "hello"! I suspect you know why I have been missing from the DIS this week. Poor Quinn is requiring a lot of attention, but you were right on FB that she is doing the same thing that V did and dragging that cast around with her. She has been walking on it the last few days. I am loving the "growing up Disney" pics and love re-living some of the custom outfits from these trips. It makes me want to go back to the old Disboutiquers thread and look at the creations! I hope you have a great week this week. Lots of love!

We are having the windows installed. I wish I had a handy guy like Josh, but at our age it's nice to just get it done. When we were younger my husband did oil changes and minor car repairs. I think he was really happy when we had enough money that he didn't have to do it anymore. When we finished our downstairs many years ago, we had my handy father to help. He could help with advice now, but that would be it.

I love looking at your old pictures. I was doing that today to find old pictures of my grandson to put on facebook for his birthday. Our first Disney trip was to Disneyland and it sure started an obsession. I love looking at all the old pictures with my grandkids. I told my husband I'd really like to make an album for each kid and then put it on a cd. My pictures on my laptop go back about 5 years and then the older pictures are saved on thumb drives. I said it would take me a long time, and he told me what else do you have to do right now. So that is my next project when I get all my pictures done from this trip. It should keep me busy until summer, lol.

Tonight we have my grandson's band concert at Bethel College. They always sound good, but Bethel has a great auditorium and they always sound so much better there. We're looking forward to it and going out for dinner before. We both actually lost a little weight in Florida with all the walking, so I'm hoping to continue that. My husband says no more buffets should help, lol.

Marissa doesn't say too much about the new family. I am thinking it is because she doesn't want to get attached. She moves to her 3rd family in April (so she is only with this family for 2 months). She mostly talks about the cat that attacks her whenever the family leaves the house. She talked to a former host student that lived there and she experienced the same thing with the cat. Marissa has been working on a 5 year plan and she sent it to me this weekend. Parts of it had me laughing but it was pretty detailed. She broke it down into career/finances/relationships/family/spiritual/fitness.

I get to make ADRs this week and I am a bit nervous about making them. I sometimes dislike planning this far ahead when there are so many uncertain things still out there. Like if MNSSHP will happen on the date I have estimated. Or if Force Friday is going to be a big deal. Then there is waking up at 3 am (PST) to try to make them online or the app.

Glad you had a good weekend. I like non-hectic weekends. I did not menu plan though. I should have, but I didn't.

Happy Monday D! Love the growing up pics of V! Please keep finding ways to update us! More pics are welcome.

We had a good weekend with Tyler and Ariece. They came in so late Friday and had a bridal shower to go to late Saturday and came in late; so we stayed up past midnight both days, and had to get up early too. I actually took a nap yesterday.

Glad Allison got to have a rest day. I am sure that helps. Speaking of budgeting when you are young; you are doing so good with helping her. I moved out of my parent's house at 18 and went straight to full time work. I was always broke just trying to pay my bills and rent. I wish someone back then had shown me how to actually budget. I have been working full time for over 35 years. Crazy.

Well, since you know DH went on strike a long time ago with Disney, he wanted to do more cruises and road trips. We have seen a lot of California, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, etc. I have wanted to head up north to see Gettysburg and some National Parks around there but DH doesn't seem too interested. Bryce Canyon and Capitol Reef in Utah are amazing, we thought Zion was okay. Grand Canyon is beautiful but very crowded. The Hoover Dam is incredible, but when we were there in June 2013 it was 114. I was melting and I am a native Texan. We have seen quite a lot on our road trips and cruises.

Hope work goes well this week Dorine. Have a wonderful week.

Hugs and prayers always.

Thanks so much for your positive and encouraging words about budgeting. I am thinking about "my why?" Why do I want to save money? Why do I want to have a budget? My short term goal is to be able to take my son on a senior trip, debt free. Long term, let me get back to you on that one... Have a great day! Thanks for your positive feedback

You've got many great pictures and memories here.

Yes - thank you - I love sharing them! :lovestruc

Hi D! I am just popping in for a quick "hello"! I suspect you know why I have been missing from the DIS this week. Poor Quinn is requiring a lot of attention, but you were right on FB that she is doing the same thing that V did and dragging that cast around with her. She has been walking on it the last few days. I am loving the "growing up Disney" pics and love re-living some of the custom outfits from these trips. It makes me want to go back to the old Disboutiquers thread and look at the creations! I hope you have a great week this week. Lots of love!

Hi Brandi! :lovestruc I hope you and Quinn are doing well! Hopefully she is improving, and it won't be long and she won't even notice she has the cast on at all. LOL

I am glad you are enjoying my summary of trips - it's such a bittersweet time for me... I love sharing them, and for those that haven't gone back to read my previous TRs - it's a fun thing to do. I sure do miss those old Disboutiquer threads - they were a lot of fun... We are all friends on FB though - so we still stay in touch. :lovestruc

I hope your week goes well too!!! Sending lots of hugs and lots of stamina to you - I know it's exhausting! :hug:

We are having the windows installed. I wish I had a handy guy like Josh, but at our age it's nice to just get it done. When we were younger my husband did oil changes and minor car repairs. I think he was really happy when we had enough money that he didn't have to do it anymore. When we finished our downstairs many years ago, we had my handy father to help. He could help with advice now, but that would be it.

I love looking at your old pictures. I was doing that today to find old pictures of my grandson to put on facebook for his birthday. Our first Disney trip was to Disneyland and it sure started an obsession. I love looking at all the old pictures with my grandkids. I told my husband I'd really like to make an album for each kid and then put it on a cd. My pictures on my laptop go back about 5 years and then the older pictures are saved on thumb drives. I said it would take me a long time, and he told me what else do you have to do right now. So that is my next project when I get all my pictures done from this trip. It should keep me busy until summer, lol.

Tonight we have my grandson's band concert at Bethel College. They always sound good, but Bethel has a great auditorium and they always sound so much better there. We're looking forward to it and going out for dinner before. We both actually lost a little weight in Florida with all the walking, so I'm hoping to continue that. My husband says no more buffets should help, lol.

I think it's great you are having them installed... Josh is very handy - and I love it - let's just say ~ahem~ 8 years later, I still have windows that aren't finished inside, we still need trim on our master bedroom and master bathroom and also our office windows... Thankfully, all of the main living areas were trimmed last year with the remodel - the rest I can live with. So, it's probably best that you are hiring it out. ::yes:: So, good luck - I hope it goes quickly for you and the mess is minimal. ::yes::

That's a great idea!! I started an album of our first trip - many years ago... I am really not the best album maker in the world - I get really cranky with my perfectionism... BFF has even told me that she will NEVER scrap book with me again - and she is very tolerant of my weirdness. LOL So, I ditched that project and I just enjoy them on the computer. :) I hope it goes well for you!

Ahhh - I am sure the concert was lovely! I can only imagine how much better it sounds there - though I have never been to that particular college... My grandparents lived in East Bethel for a time (I think they are close to each other?) - but it's been decades since I've been to that area of the state.

We woke up to a dusting of snow this morning - I was kind of surprised to see it, as I haven't watched the news or checked the weather in days. LOL Did you get any of it?

Marissa doesn't say too much about the new family. I am thinking it is because she doesn't want to get attached. She moves to her 3rd family in April (so she is only with this family for 2 months). She mostly talks about the cat that attacks her whenever the family leaves the house. She talked to a former host student that lived there and she experienced the same thing with the cat. Marissa has been working on a 5 year plan and she sent it to me this weekend. Parts of it had me laughing but it was pretty detailed. She broke it down into career/finances/relationships/family/spiritual/fitness.

I get to make ADRs this week and I am a bit nervous about making them. I sometimes dislike planning this far ahead when there are so many uncertain things still out there. Like if MNSSHP will happen on the date I have estimated. Or if Force Friday is going to be a big deal. Then there is waking up at 3 am (PST) to try to make them online or the app.

Glad you had a good weekend. I like non-hectic weekends. I did not menu plan though. I should have, but I didn't.

Oh wow!!! I cannot believe how much she is moving around! Is that normal? That really has to be tough for her to transition from family to family. :hug: I love that she has a 5 year plan!!! Good for her!!! Everyone needs a plan - she will be successful with that!

Yay for ADRs!!! I know it's hard planning so far in advance - yet it's nice and a relief to have it done... I always think of the poor people who don't realize they should do it... Though it doesn't seem like there are too many of them these days. :scratchin Good luck though - I hope you get everything you want!

Thanks!!! I hope you are having a nice week as well! :lovestruc

Happy Monday D! Love the growing up pics of V! Please keep finding ways to update us! More pics are welcome.

We had a good weekend with Tyler and Ariece. They came in so late Friday and had a bridal shower to go to late Saturday and came in late; so we stayed up past midnight both days, and had to get up early too. I actually took a nap yesterday.

Glad Allison got to have a rest day. I am sure that helps. Speaking of budgeting when you are young; you are doing so good with helping her. I moved out of my parent's house at 18 and went straight to full time work. I was always broke just trying to pay my bills and rent. I wish someone back then had shown me how to actually budget. I have been working full time for over 35 years. Crazy.

Well, since you know DH went on strike a long time ago with Disney, he wanted to do more cruises and road trips. We have seen a lot of California, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, etc. I have wanted to head up north to see Gettysburg and some National Parks around there but DH doesn't seem too interested. Bryce Canyon and Capitol Reef in Utah are amazing, we thought Zion was okay. Grand Canyon is beautiful but very crowded. The Hoover Dam is incredible, but when we were there in June 2013 it was 114. I was melting and I am a native Texan. We have seen quite a lot on our road trips and cruises.

Hope work goes well this week Dorine. Have a wonderful week.

Hugs and prayers always.

Thanks! I will try - I have a few ideas in mind for trip dates, though they are quite far out and it's so hard to plan when it's that far away. :lovestruc

Sounds like a crazy weekend - but I bet you enjoyed every moment of it! :woohoo: I am sure it's just nice to have them there and with you! :lovestruc

Well - she seems to be doing very well with it, and just enjoying it, to be honest... Which is something that neither of us expected. I told her last night that I will manage her budget for a few more months, then I"ll turn it over to her... She told me that she was perfectly happy to let me manage it. Hahahha... One day - I am sure her DH would enjoy that immensely. :lmao: Nah kid - you're getting this budget. LOL

It is my dream to see the country in your area Carol - when we get down there, I"ll be sure to let you know! Since my DH is on Disney strike, as well - I am sure we will be seeing lots of the country together... However, I'll try to plan to be down there in the "winter" time. LOL Hopefully it's a little more tolerable then? :scratchin It is our dream to do a lot of traveling once we are debt free... My list is growing longer by the day... It looks a little like this: Disney, somewhere else, Disney, somewhere else, Disney, somewhere else... LOL I know there will be bi-yearly trips to Europe to see the Littles grow up... and I know there is a trip to Aruba in there somewhere too... And Alaska to see Matt play hockey... Oh the places we'll go... :lovestruc It's so fun to see the numbers go down - as it's one step closer to our dreams. :)

Take care Carol - I hope you are having a great week! :lovestruc

Thanks so much for your positive and encouraging words about budgeting. I am thinking about "my why?" Why do I want to save money? Why do I want to have a budget? My short term goal is to be able to take my son on a senior trip, debt free. Long term, let me get back to you on that one... Have a great day! Thanks for your positive feedback

Excellent!!! :woohoo: That is PERFECT!!! You will definitely make it happen - I just know it!!! I can't wait to hear what your long term goal is (hint - I have a million of them - LOL)... Many of them involve travel... And many of them involve being secure in our retirement years - very achievable dreams if we stick to our plan. ::yes:: You've so GOT this - I know it!!! :woohoo:

I hope you're having a great week! :)

******************************************************************************************************

I don't have much exciting to update...

I worked at Target on Monday - so it was a long day for me, though we were quite busy... We were laughing that Back To School should be arriving on the trucks soon - and we all know that is just the pre-cursor to Halloween/Christmas. LOL And so it begins again. ::yes::

Yesterday - I worked from home all day... It was a good day! I was able to get a lot done.

Still concentrating on eating well and exercise... It's endless, I know that... I just keep moving. I am looking forward to better weather, so I can start my walking and (hopefully) running again - I miss it.

Today is an exciting day... We are paying off the Jeep tonight. :woohoo: Finally, all of our payments cleared the bank and we have enough to pay off the Jeep, plus some extra to go towards the pay off of our next debt - a personal loan... Our projected pay off of the personal loan is the end of March... So, we are just moving along! ::yes:: It's a great feeling!

I will be working out this morning, as usual.

Then I will be working upstairs all day.

Allison is off of work at Caribou today... She was officially promoted the other day, and has taken over all of her management duties - she is loving the position and the job immensely right now. We are very happy that she is content with life at the moment. ::yes::

V has been doing a lot of driving, and enjoying her new freedom... This has been very good for her, as well. :lovestruc

That's about it... I have a few puppy pictures to post - I can't remember if I've posted these already?

3F7DB80F-A8B7-4634-9D8B-7968181DFE5A.jpg

8C088AA8-0F72-401A-90A2-D1605F2FA10F.jpg

I hope all of you are having a great week! Sending Prayers and Pixie Dust out to all! :hug:

D~

Nothing too exiting is going on here, either. We went to the Auto show Sunday and did the Jeep Experience. We looked at all the Jeeps and Camaros and then headed home. We wanted to get out of there before 2 of the Cav's showed up for autographs.
Our store manager has been on vacation this week, so it's been quiet. i just found out that I'm working the opening swift Friday. Someone has to been there to tell everyone that the Switch sold out at midnight. It should be a fun day-not.
Congrats ti Allison for becoming shift manager. It's good to heard that she's so focused on budgeting and saving. It's a good thing to start young.
Today I'm going to Aldi and Target. I don't have a lot of groceries to buy this week and the weather's to iffy to drive to the supercenter.
Have a good day.
Liz

How great that you are paying off the Jeep now and a personal loan soon. It must be nice getting rid off debt.

I'm glad to hear Allison is loving her job.

How great that V is doing a lot of driving. The more she drives the more practice she gets :)

Looks like the dogs are loving their life :lovestruc

WOO HOO!!! Happy car loan pay off day :) And even happier countdown to the end of the month paying off another debt. You are pretty inspiring these days with all your saving and debt repaying!! Go, you!!

I thought I'd just check in and let you know that I started Level 3 on the 30DS today......O...M....G. It was definitely a toughie!! My take away from this morning's workout is....I need lighter handweights!!! :rotfl:BUT, I did it, and tomorrow I will definitely do it better because I'll have a clue what's coming next instead of scrambling all around on the floor. :lmao:

Made my ADRs. Had to abandon Biergarten again, in order to make the Be Our Guest dinner reservation to work (and moved some park plans around). Trying to decide between a late Chef Mickey's lunch or early Crystal Palace dinner. We haven't been to either, but we needed another table service near Magic Kingdom. Already doing a late breakfast at Ohana that day. I am wondering if food overload. Never satisfied with my reservations. They will change multiple times.

Yay for Jeep payoff day!

We woke up to a dusting of snow this morning - I was kind of surprised to see it, as I haven't watched the news or checked the weather in days. LOL Did you get any of it?

I woke up to a layer of sawdust on my car this morning. I park in a commuter lot in order to take the train to downtown Chicago. This lot is next to a high school gym and maintenance building. Last night it was snowing a little when I got to the parking lot and I had to run the wipers a little to get the snow of. This morning I noticed that the snow melted but the sawdust remained. :scared1: When I got to the parking lot this morning I noticed sawdust on the ground near the maintenance building. Needless to say, I didn't park near the building today.

The refrigerator is finally out of our living room and the carpets are being shampooed today. As soon as we put back the furniture then we are officially done with our kitchen/bathroom remodeling. :cheer2:That refrigerator had been in the living room since October 21st.

I'm glad that Allison got a management position. It is always nice to have some control over your job. ::yes::

I love your look back pictures. I remember when Olivia joined your family at WDW. It looked like a lot of fun. And it was nice that she could use the dining credits. :)

Finally caught up!

Congrats on the jeep pay-off and another pay-off on the horizon!
Alison sounds like she's on her way to paying of her debt also. Working all those hours should help. My younger DS works hours like those during the summer when he's lifeguarding and takes extra shifts. It's doable over the short term--they're young and can handle it!

V--congrats on her drivers license. It's great when they can drive themselves but a bit stressful too!

Nothing too exiting is going on here, either. We went to the Auto show Sunday and did the Jeep Experience. We looked at all the Jeeps and Camaros and then headed home. We wanted to get out of there before 2 of the Cav's showed up for autographs.
Our store manager has been on vacation this week, so it's been quiet. i just found out that I'm working the opening swift Friday. Someone has to been there to tell everyone that the Switch sold out at midnight. It should be a fun day-not.
Congrats ti Allison for becoming shift manager. It's good to heard that she's so focused on budgeting and saving. It's a good thing to start young.
Today I'm going to Aldi and Target. I don't have a lot of groceries to buy this week and the weather's to iffy to drive to the supercenter.
Have a good day.
Liz

It sounds like you had a great time! I love looking at new vehicles too!

Hopefully your shift today goes well. :)

She is really enjoying it! ::yes::

Drive safe and have a great weekend Liz! :)

How great that you are paying off the Jeep now and a personal loan soon. It must be nice getting rid off debt.

I'm glad to hear Allison is loving her job.

How great that V is doing a lot of driving. The more she drives the more practice she gets :)

Looks like the dogs are loving their life

Yes - it's super exciting!

She is - she has been getting a lot of hours! :woohoo:

Exactly - and I still love the fact that we don't have to pick her up after her shift anymore. It's so nice!

Hahaha - yes, I think the dogs love their life a lot. :lovestruc

WOO HOO!!! Happy car loan pay off day :) And even happier countdown to the end of the month paying off another debt. You are pretty inspiring these days with all your saving and debt repaying!! Go, you!!

I thought I'd just check in and let you know that I started Level 3 on the 30DS today......O...M....G. It was definitely a toughie!! My take away from this morning's workout is....I need lighter handweights!!! BUT, I did it, and tomorrow I will definitely do it better because I'll have a clue what's coming next instead of scrambling all around on the floor.

I know - it was so awesome!!! :woohoo: Hahaha - I just live life and talk about it, sometimes too much. :lmao:

Wahoo!!! That is incredible! Personally - I find level 3 the easiest level of them all, and it's my favorite one - if there is such a thing? :scratchin I know - that's one thing I hate about starting a new program - it seems like there's really no benefit until a week into it, when you can do it without stumbling around. I feel ya! You are doing great! Are you feeling any difference yet?

Made my ADRs. Had to abandon Biergarten again, in order to make the Be Our Guest dinner reservation to work (and moved some park plans around). Trying to decide between a late Chef Mickey's lunch or early Crystal Palace dinner. We haven't been to either, but we needed another table service near Magic Kingdom. Already doing a late breakfast at Ohana that day. I am wondering if food overload. Never satisfied with my reservations. They will change multiple times.

Yay for Jeep payoff day!

I know the feeling - I feel like I am constantly adjusting my ADRs... I have no advice on CM or CP - I have yet to ever go to CM (I know, terrible!) and CP we have only ever done for breakfast.... So, I can't give an opinion... Regardless - you will be full and you'll have a great time! :lovestruc

It was awesome! :woohoo:

I woke up to a layer of sawdust on my car this morning. I park in a commuter lot in order to take the train to downtown Chicago. This lot is next to a high school gym and maintenance building. Last night it was snowing a little when I got to the parking lot and I had to run the wipers a little to get the snow of. This morning I noticed that the snow melted but the sawdust remained. When I got to the parking lot this morning I noticed sawdust on the ground near the maintenance building. Needless to say, I didn't park near the building today.

The refrigerator is finally out of our living room and the carpets are being shampooed today. As soon as we put back the furniture then we are officially done with our kitchen/bathroom remodeling. That refrigerator had been in the living room since October 21st.

I'm glad that Allison got a management position. It is always nice to have some control over your job.

I love your look back pictures. I remember when Olivia joined your family at WDW. It looked like a lot of fun. And it was nice that she could use the dining credits.

Yikes - that sounds like it could be a mess to clean up? Hopefully you were able to get your car washed and no issues... I thought I remember reading somewhere that sawdust is used to make glue? I could be wrong? :scratchin

Yay for having the fridge out of the living room! That must feel wonderful? ::yes:: Remodeling takes so long!

Yes - she is loving it and having a great time... I remember being her age and working hard - it was a good feeling! She is on her way!

That was a great trip - we had so much fun together! Hopefully one day we'll be able to do a trip like that again. ::yes::

Finally caught up!

Congrats on the jeep pay-off and another pay-off on the horizon!
Alison sounds like she's on her way to paying of her debt also. Working all those hours should help. My younger DS works hours like those during the summer when he's lifeguarding and takes extra shifts. It's doable over the short term--they're young and can handle it!

V--congrats on her drivers license. It's great when they can drive themselves but a bit stressful too!

Woohoo!!! Thanks for taking the time to catch up. :)

Yes - it's a wonderful feeling! We are making progress on a few really huge items! :woohoo:

She is doing great! I am so proud of her! That is true - I know that she truly enjoys her days off! A good friend of her's just left to be an Au-pair in Germany - so she is a little sad about that, she will adjust though. ::yes::

It is definitely a bit stressful - but she does pretty good... It's just so nice to not have to pick her up after work anymore. ::yes::

**********************************************************************************************************

As usual - nothing too exciting to chat about...

The Jeep is 100% paid for! :woohoo: So, that was exciting! We've also started paying on our next debt - we should have that paid off in a few weeks. ::yes::

I continue to work out - as usual. It's hard to believe that it's been 5 years I've been living like this! That is a long time to stay dedicated to something - especially for me. LOL 5 years ago - was a big moment in my journey - I gave up soda for Lent and I never really went back to it. As some of you know - this last year has been a true struggle for me... This year for Lent - I gave up grains.... So far, so good. Hahaha - as my cousin said to me the other day, "it's only day 1"... :lmao: "Yah - and I am still going strong!" Can't get to day 2 (and on) without a successful day 1, right? :scratchin Ya gotta start somewhere!

I've had some exciting stuff going on at work - which is always fun! :woohoo: I really love to GIVE - and sadly - in the last few years, I haven't been able to do much of that... I am trying hard to focus more on giving this year, and it's been very rewarding for me on many levels... I'd forgotten how much JOY it snowballed in my life. :lovestruc

Oh - yes - something else new, I'd almost forgotten... BFF has been working on her family tree for years, well, she finally sucked me in. Hahaha... She has been helping me a lot, and helping me figure out my own history. It's been a lot of fun, as - especially on my Dad's side - I never knew very much... I always assumed, since my maiden name was a VERY common name, it would be very difficult to trace my roots... I am a little shocked at how easy it has been. I also thought - once I hit a few generations back, and my family wasn't here yet, I would be stuck and have very limited information... As I just assumed that my family came over via the mass immigration of the 1800s/1900s. The biggest shock to me - tracing my family tree back - is that my family has been in America forever! Currently - I am back to my 10th great-grand parents (on my Grandfather's side), and we are still here in the US! :eek: I had no clue! So, that's pretty cool. ::yes:: This has been occupying my evenings lately - I am definitely getting to the point though, where there is almost no information - so I think I am almost done... I am just happy that I've been able to find out as much as I have. :)

Yup - so that's my excitement... Working out, not eating grains, working and giving, paying off stuff, and digging up my family history. :woohoo: It's a true nail-biter here folks. :lmao:

Looking forward... I am working out this morning... Working upstairs all day... Reading a bit... Maybe trying my luck at finding a few more distant relatives...

Again - no plans for the weekend, except for not spending $$. ::yes::

I'll definitely be doing my final update here... I've come up with a name for a new PTR - though I am not sure when I will start it, as I have no clue on any firm dates... And that's it!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

I find level 3 the easiest level of them all, and it's my favorite one - if there is such a thing? :scratchin

Are you feeling any difference yet?
Day 2 of Level 3 was much easier to follow along with since I had a clue what was coming up next. I get what you mean about it being your favorite--I feel like it's over in a flash! and I feel like it has a quicker pace even though the minutes are clearly the same. I feel like I'm challenged a little more, but I can totally take on the challenge, which is a way better feeling than bursting into tears over each exercise like I felt in the beginning!!

We're doing the Polar Plunge this weekend into Lake Michigan (which the water will be cold, but it's supposed to be 55 air temp, so that will make a huge difference!!!) Our little team of 20 or so raised over $11,000 for Special Olympics!! In any case, after the plunge I'm already registered for a few more 5Ks leading up to January 2018 when I will get to do my first runDisney events--all signed up for the 5 and 10K but it's REALLY official now since I booked our resort reservation yesterday. WOO HOO!!! :stitch::sulley::mickeyjum

Currently - I am back to my 10th great-grand parents (on my Grandfather's side), and we are still here in the US! :eek: I had no clue! So, that's pretty cool. ::yes::
That's really awesome!!! Are you using ancestry.com to do it or some other method??

It's hard to get into scrapbooking. I started with a Disney album that had shapes for pictures. For example, one was the sorcerer's hat and the space for the picture was the brim. It was actually pretty difficult to get the pictures to fit and look nice. Then my daughter got a cricut and our scrapbooking was started. I only have Disney scrapbooks though. Still trying to decide if I want to make scrapbooks or just photo albums for the kids. They have done some scrapbooks too, so I think just albums if I ever hope to get them done, lol. I really want to do pictures of their whole lives and not just Disney. I mainly have Disney papers and stickers so it would be cheaper to just do the photo albums.

It's kind of funny but I started trying to lose weight 5 years ago too and lost 30 pounds. I have gained about 5 pounds back after I quit working. I just started again and could lose 25 more. I've mainly given up snacking at all except for an apple in the afternoon if I'm hungry. It's going pretty well and I've been walking on my treadmill until it's warmer outside. I really hope I can stick with it again. My original goal was 50 pounds so I hope I can make it this time.

I love the pictures of the dogs on the couch with Josh. Max looks kind of sad that he doesn't get to lay on Josh. The last dog we had liked to lie by the couch so he could nudge our hands if we quit petting him. I still miss having a dog sometimes, but it sure is easier to go to Florida and not worry about a pet. It's especially true now that we go for a month.

Congrats on paying off the jeep. It sounds like you're really applying yourselves to getting your debts paid off. I was afraid when I retired that I would spend too much shopping since I would have the time. I've found I don't really go out that much. I used to find so many "deals" that I really didn't need. Now I just occasionally take the grandkids shopping. They're older now and are a little more picky. My granddaughter had picked out some shoes for her morp(9th grade prom), but they were expensive so I told her I would buy them. We face timed on the computer while we were in Florida so we could see her all dressed up. She looked so pretty and was so happy I got her the shoes.

Enjoy the nice warm weather that's coming. I hope to get out and do a little walking.

Yay Dorine! Way to budget and get your Jeep paid off. You are doing awesome with this debt thing. Congrats!
I talked to Tyler today about a vehicle for Ariece. I think a small loan is going his way. The only things they can find in their budget are clunkers. It was a good discussion. They are going to look some more this weekend.

Just a sidenote on your healthy eating. You have motivated me in more ways than you know. I knew I had to go a different route with my arthritis, but you really set my path. I go wandering off that path many times but eventually get back. Its called healthy living for life right? 5 years Dorine - what an accomplishment!

Dorine, you are not boring at all. It is so good to find you here each day my friend and see what all is up. That is so interesting about your family tree. I looked up some stuff when I sent in my DNA. I was curious about my father's parents and it was eye opening. Everyone had told me they were from the Ukraine which turned out to not be true. They were both born in different villages in Poland, which eventually became part of the Ukraine during all of the wars. So, born Polish, died Ukrainan. I am glad your BFF got you started!

I am so excited for a Dorine PTR - who cares if the date is undetermined! You will get there!

Have a wonderful weekend. Not much on my plate except the usual laundry, house cleaning and errands. Life is fun.

Hugs and prayers always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter