• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

She won't wear capri's. Makes it really hard. Shee has a 22 inch waist with a 27 inch inseam. I think I have a 26 inch inseam.

One slept till about 9:30. The other girl slept till about 11.

Last night wound up being another late night for them since they wanted to stay up to watch the giant's game.

Ahhh - that does make it hard... Bummer.

Well, at least they slept in a little bit. :)

Hopefully they can catch up on sleep a little bit this weekend?

That is absolutely the best!! I'm so glad this happened and you guys will always remember it!!

Love your pj's that you made...again...I continue to be in awe of your ability to create and make things...and things that people will actually use!!

It was so fun and almost unbelievable - it was just a great experience!

Thanks!! It was so fun to make them... It was definitely something I didn't want to do - as I am busy enough - LOL... Though I am glad I did it now and pretty proud of how they turned out. :)

Love V's experience with Stitch!! That was awesome!

By the way, you make me nervous talking about driving in the snow. I live in the south. When we get a dusting, all the milk and bread are gone from the stores, and schools shut down!

It was really neat - I just can't believe it happened to us. ::yes::

Hahaha - it's definitely an acquired skill... I was talking to the girls the other day when they were driving in it - how talented they were, LOL, as not everyone has the ability to drive in the snow. :lmao: Not here - if we did that - we'd be stuck in our houses for 6 months of the year... The only time we really stock up is if it's going to be a huge/long lasting storm , there have been a few times we've been snowed in for 2 or 3 days, that's only because our highway is pretty notorious for closing - otherwise it's business as usual here.

Oh, that mealie pap recipe sounds SO good! Yum!!! Definitely not W30 approved...but it sounds delicious. After having an incredibly bad week with my stomach issues last week (and this morning...apparently I need to add pot roast to the list of foods that cause issues for me...so sad!), I think I have to just give up and admit that I need to make permanent dietary changes. I want to look more into Paleo and how it compare to W30...I think it may be easier for my family if we go Paleo for the majority of everything instead of W30....we shall see.

The pajamas all turned out so cute! And I absolutely love your Christmas tree. It's gorgeous!

We awoke to a very, very light dusting of snow on our cars yesterday morning but nothing on the ground. It was all gone before long. They're saying we may get a combination of rain/snow on Wednesday, and snow on Saturday. As long as the weather doesn't interfere with Alyssa and Andrew flying in on Friday I don't care! I just want them here safely.

Can you believe I didn't get a Dole Whip on my one-day trip to Disney last month? We were so full from cookies, cocoa, and cider that I just couldn't do it.

That Stitch interaction is priceless! I love it!!!! What a wonderful memory!

Have a great day!

It is very good - I love it when we go there!

Definitely look into Paleo... In the end you may have to modify whatever plan template you choose to use and tailor it to your needs. ::yes:: But Paleo is one step up from W30 and most often the next step for many - it's a good middle ground.... The next one up from that is Primal - which is where I tend to gravitate - growing up on a dairy farm - I am not sure I could ever eliminate dairy completely - though I try hard to only have it on special occasions. Chocolate and MnMs are a different story - I finally threw out the bag of MnMs yesterday - I couldn't stand the madness anymore. :eek:

Thank you - I am having a lot of fun with the holiday season this year! :lovestruc

Praying for safe travels for them - we are supposed to get hit on Friday - which really is a bummer, I hope it comes and goes quickly as we need to travel on Sunday.

Oh no - I totally understand that dillema... Many trips, we only have one full day in MK... Must do CP PPO breakfast... Then LTT lunch (as late as possible, as we are still full from breakfast)... Then Dole Whips... Then sweet cream cheeze pretzels and frozen cokes... The list goes on - typically I have to be rolled our of MK - it's bad. ::yes::

It was fantastic - something we will never forget!

Thanks - same to you! :lovestruc

I love your Stitch experience. It truly is wonderful.

You are so talented with the pjs. They will be thrilled to have them.

Yesterday, I finally got my tree up. It isn't really pretty, but it is up. I stood in line at the post office on Friday for an hour, but I officially have Marissa's Christmas presents mailed to her. International shipping is so expensive. I will be glad when she is back. 8 more months and she will be home. I had to send her clothes. She has lost 22 pounds (she walks if her destination is 5k or less, to save on transportation costs). The pants there are too short for her. I hate buying pants when she isn't there to try them on. So, I went to Macy's and bought the same brand I bought her before she left, but 2 sizes smaller. Hopefully, they work.

Chelsea got her braces off last week. She is super happy about that. She is also happy that this is the last week of school before winter break. They cancelled school one day last week, due to ice. She was bummed that we didn't get any snow but the rest of Oregon seemed to.

Have a great week.

Thanks - it was so much fun - and definitely something we weren't expecting!

I hope so - I fear Lara's will be too big... Better than too small - I guess. ::yes::

I am glad that you were able to get Marissa's package mailed - I am sure she will be so thankful... I hope her new pants fit her better... If memory serves - she was pretty small to begin with??? Hopefully she gets them soon.

I saw Chelsea's pictures on FB - she looks great and she looks so happy to have them off! Congrats to her - a big milestone for sure!

Thanks - same to you! :lovestruc

How great that both the girls got some driving experience in the snow.

The PJ's looks great. You are so lucky that you can make these kind of things.

Crossing my fingers that you will find the receipt for you AnA bracelet and that they will replace it for you with out a problem.

Looks like Allison had fun sledding so V could get some pictures.

How great that you got your freezer cleaned out by Josh making a soup for dinner. I'm so glad it tasted good as well.

Your Christmas tree looks great.

Today I had a really late appointment at the physical therapist which meant that I had to drive in the rush traffic and I'm not used to driving when there are a lot of other cars on the roads. It was challenging because the roads are really narrow, so it's just about room for my car and another normal size car on the narrowest part of the road. But I managed it without wrecking any cars. So that was good.

Thanks Lillian! :)

I did find my receipt - Disney is all emailed... Just waiting for a response. :)

Congrats on conquering rush hour - I know it can be very intimidating! I knew you could do it!!! :lovestruc

Your tree looks so beautiful lit up! Mine is in our living room and we spend most of our time in the family room. I sometimes go in at night just to look at it for a while. I do have my Disney tree in the family room so that is usually turned on so we can enjoy it.

Just loved Victoria's Stitch experience. I bet you were laughing so hard. We don't do that many characters now that the grandkids are older. Plus the character meals are so expensive when you have so many. We did do Crystal Palace and the character spot in Epcot last year and Goofy was so fun. The handler was kind of rushing him along after he spent a lot of time with the 3 women in front of us. But he still spent some time goofing around with us.

Universal has messed up my Disney plans by having a special Harry Potter experience with all kinds of things going on the first weekend we are down there. I'm afraid it might be too busy, but I told my husband if it's too bad we can just leave. We are also thinking about extending our vacation a few days. The house we've rented has 4 days open and then we could enjoy a few days by ourselves before our son arrives. I told him maybe if we wait and it doesn't rent she would give us a better deal. I just paid it off, so I'm okay with waiting.

Sorry about your bracelet. I hope you get it replaced.

Thanks!!! I wish I had the space in our house for 2 trees - I just don't think it will ever happen... I bet both of yours are very fun to look at and enjoy. :lovestruc

It was so magical - something we will never forget! I know - right??? They get so expensive!!! It's crazy! I'd never pay that much anywhere, but Disney. ::yes:: And even then, it's difficult - the free Dining Plan wrecked us - as we now love these meals and no trip is the same without them.

OOOh - that would be wonderful!!! I sure hope that you are able to stay longer!!! And the HP experience sounds interesting - yes, I'd fear that it would be incredibly busy too - hopefully it isn't too bad.

Well, I found my receipt - so I am hopeful that they will just replace it without an issue... Ya pay that much for something - it should last longer than 2 months, IMO. :scratchin

You are so talented!!!! I love those Star wars jammies What a fantastic idea to make the littles to match the grown up ones.

I loved seeing those pics of the greatest Stitch experience EVER on FB, but seeing them again with your captions just made me so smiley and almost teary!! I agree. It is moments like these that keep us going back and feeling the magic in every little moment no matter how old we are!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks!!! I am glad I made them - hopefully they fit. :) When the girls were little, I always wanted to do matching jammies, but they were sooooo expensive and back then, I didn't know how to sew - so that wasn't an option for us... Hopefully they enjoy them as much as I would have. ::yes::

It was so amazing! We really were shocked that it happened to us and evolved into what it did. It was a cool experience and something I don't think will ever happen to us again. We'll keep trying though. LOL Disney has us - hook, line, sinker.

The Pj pants are adorable! It will make for such a cute picture! And your tree looks so pretty with the lights on@ I would want to stare at it too

Thanks!!! I hope so - I just hope they all fit!

Thanks!! I love sitting in the living room at night and just enjoying it - it's wonderful. :lovestruc

Haha! Tell me about it! I need to get back into my TR before I forget all the details.

I don't think we ever did either. We will never take a flight that early ever again.

That's why I keep a journal... I've gotten really good at "Disney shorthand" over the last years. LOL I used to have to spend hours writing down trip details - it almost sucked the fun out of our trips... Now I try really hard to devote as little time as possible to it - so I can enjoy the trip more. I write just enough to jog my memory months later. ::yes::

We always do the early flights - but I try hard to make that first day an easy one... This one was just a really hard flight and travel day to recover from - I am not sure why? :scratchin

************************************************************************************************************

So - yesterday was kind of a jumble of a mess... I deviated from my normal schedule and I never really got back on it. Shame on me.

I did work out in the morning - so at least I got that out of the way. If I do nothing else ever, at least I do that. ::yes::

Then I had to run to get dog food - story of my life - they always run out on the weekends. ::yes::

I decided to come home and devote a little bit of time to cleaning up the house after the weekend - I don't understand why it get so messy??? It's not as if I have little kids... So, I dusted and vacuumed... You know - that sort of thing, as it was still early and I still had time before I had to be upstairs for work.

Ahhh - but then I decided to wrap a few gifts, set up my little Walmart trees and set up a place for all of our Christmas cards... that's when time got away from me... By the time I was done - it was after 10am...

20161212_160923.jpg

I also took pictures of my Starbucks "you are here" mugs for you all.... I have other Starbucks mugs - but these are just the ones from this collection. ::yes::

20161212_070928.jpg

So I rushed upstairs and worked as much as I could for a bit over an hour - then I got ready and headed to town... I had a couple of things to get and I picked V up while I was there.

I came home and I worked for a while longer...

Today - I will heavy lift this morning...

Then I will go straight upstairs - I hope to be up there and working hard by 8am... I need to catch up from yesterday...

I have a hair appointment this afternoon - so again I will have to quit work early and go to that... Ahhh, but it needs to be done! IF I get home early enough - I will go back upstairs to work. ::yes::

Ack!!! It's just a little crazy here! LOL

I hope you all have a wonderful day!! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you!

D~

What a great place to have the Christmas cards you get on display. I can even see the card I sent to you :)

What a great Starbuck mug collection you have.

I'm not finished building my Christmas Lego sets I'm having on display for Christmas. It has taken a longer time to get them built than I thought it would. I can't build for a where long time each day because my shoulders starts to hurt and if I don't stop in time the pain from the shoulders go straight up to my head and I get a terrible headache that will result in me getting nausea which is not fun. So I have to be strict with myself and not allow my self to build for a very long time each day.

Thanks for sharing the Starbucks mugs. What a fun collection. Where are they available at DW? Also, sorry to see the paint is wearing of your A&A wrap, that's a bummer.

What an amazing adventure with Stitch! I can hear you laughing so hard int eh background!

So glad your had such an amazing time with V.. You guys deserved it! Post more but i really have a ton of work to get done.

Loved reading about your Stitch experience! Sometimes the unexpected, spontaneous fun is the best! How great it happened with one of her favorite characters. All the work you put into making that bag was well worth it!

Your Stitch experience was incredible. I loved reading about it. That truly is the best character interaction I have ever read about!

Ooh I love all the Starbucks mugs! They look so great together.I hope you have a nice day and are able to accomplish everything on your To-Do list!

LOVE the PJs!!!

Good for the girls getting snow experience. We had a bit of snow that turned to rain yesterday morning. I was bit worried about Lizzy driving alone in that "transitional" crap. I think I would have rather had her driving in snow than the risk of black ice but I know she's careful and she was indeed fine.

Love your card display. We did the same thing this year. You have a lot of cards already!!

Luckily I kept a journal this trip as well. I would update it while we were eating or waiting for something. It definitely helps.

Normally we take a flight around 8 or 9 am, which works out well for us. We are not morning people lol

ACK! I was so behind. Finally all caught up and enjoying every minute. I love your AK day. EE has to be one of the best rides ever. And, you made me hungry with your breakfast food. I wish I had some Yak and Yeti right now. Yum. The AK mug is too cute!! I was laughing at the charging rhinos. What a way to start the morning. And your MK day was awesome! SM is my most favorite ride, ever. They better not ever mess with this ride. It is unique and has the original Disney touches. The mug you missed buying with the ears, too cute. And Stitch? That is the cutest story ever. Whoever was in the Stitch has an amazing sense of humor. I am so glad V got to experience this with him.

I did nothing this weekend but shop on the Internet. We are going to have a ton of boxes come our way in the next couple of weeks:) I did convince DH to go to Sears with me and pick out tools for Tyler for Christmas. Bam. Done. You . . . should . . . see . . . my . . .tree; seriously. It looks like it was caught up in a tornado and then thrown down. My dear kitten has destroyed it. I lock him up each morning and try to salvage it a little but it is pretty hopeless. He is one of those kittens who believes the tree is there just for him. It isn't just the ornaments. He climbs the darn thing all the way to the top. And, to top it off he has managed to unhook every single light so they are dangling. I tell him it's good he is so darn cute.

I love, love, love the SW PJ's for Lara and Thomas. You did such a great job. The Chewie ones are the best. Having boys around I have seen all SW movies many, many times.

I popped into my Super Target last night; thank goodness for self checkout lines. Those even had a line and a wait. It was madhouse in there with just 3 checkers.

Love your reports D. Hmmmmmm, I saw a mention of October in there:) That would be so awesome if it could be done when V returns.

Hope you have a good week D - I will be here trying to keep caught up. Work has been crazy.

Always hugs, always prayers.

What a great place to have the Christmas cards you get on display. I can even see the card I sent to you

What a great Starbuck mug collection you have.

I'm not finished building my Christmas Lego sets I'm having on display for Christmas. It has taken a longer time to get them built than I thought it would. I can't build for a where long time each day because my shoulders starts to hurt and if I don't stop in time the pain from the shoulders go straight up to my head and I get a terrible headache that will result in me getting nausea which is not fun. So I have to be strict with myself and not allow my self to build for a very long time each day.

THanks!!! Yes - even Josh was telling me how fantastic your card it - he said "wow, that's even frame worthy!" - I really love it!

Thanks - most of them have been gifts... Although - many I have purchased myself too - LOL.

Yikes - yes definitely take it easy and work at a pace that is comfortable to you!

Thanks for sharing the Starbucks mugs. What a fun collection. Where are they available at DW? Also, sorry to see the paint is wearing of your A&A wrap, that's a bummer.

Thanks! Yes - the ones available at WDW are the park specific mugs - so the MK, Epcot, DHS and AK mugs are all available in each park they represent (so if you want an AK mug - you must get that one at the Starbucks in AK)... However the Orlando and the Florida mugs had to be purchased outside of the WDW... I purchased those at Universal Studios (I am guessing they would have these at the Starbucks in the airport too though - as they usually do). It is my DREAM that they start selling Universal Starbucks mugs with Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade on them. ::yes::

I know - I hope I hear back from Disney - I know they are busy this time of year. ::yes::

What an amazing adventure with Stitch! I can hear you laughing so hard int eh background!

So glad your had such an amazing time with V.. You guys deserved it! Post more but i really have a ton of work to get done.

Hahaha - I was hoping no one would notice that... I was nearly in tears as I was laughing so hard. :lmao:

It was a lot of fun - I am missing our time together already. ::yes::

No worries - we are all busy! :hug: Miss you like crazy!

Loved reading about your Stitch experience! Sometimes the unexpected, spontaneous fun is the best! How great it happened with one of her favorite characters. All the work you put into making that bag was well worth it!

It was just the best! Definitely unexpected. LOL A memory that she and I will cherish forever!

Your Stitch experience was incredible. I loved reading about it. That truly is the best character interaction I have ever read about!

Thanks! It was so amazing! Something I never expected - and just over the top! He is definitely one of our all time favorites forever!

Ooh I love all the Starbucks mugs! They look so great together.I hope you have a nice day and are able to accomplish everything on your To-Do list!

Thanks! I still plan to do something with them to display them all - I am just not sure what yet or where... I am still searching for a better small cabinet for my coffee station set-up... I now have something very specific in mind, though I am not having much luck finding it... Hopefully this spring when people start cleaning out their houses again. ::yes::

Thank you - I've had some great productive days lately! Same to you! :lovestruc

LOVE the PJs!!!

Good for the girls getting snow experience. We had a bit of snow that turned to rain yesterday morning. I was bit worried about Lizzy driving alone in that "transitional" crap. I think I would have rather had her driving in snow than the risk of black ice but I know she's careful and she was indeed fine.

Thanks! It was fun to make something that I don't normally make. I am just relieved that they turned out. ::yes::

I try hard to give them as much experience as possible - Allison is pretty good, though V didn't get much practice at all last year, so I am trying hard to make her drive in all these different conditions... Like yesterday - it was not snowing at all, but it was blowing... So you think - because of no snow and sunny skies the roads will be OK... The blowing made many slippery spots, as V discovered when pulling out on to the highway - we darn near did a 360°! It really scared her and shocked me. Thankfully she recovered well - as had any oncoming traffic been coming (It wasn't) - we likely would have been in a head-on collision. :eek: The most important advice I can give is to NEVER be in a hurry when driving in the winter. ::yes::

Glad to hear that Lizzy did well... I am always so nervous too! I completely understand!

Love your card display. We did the same thing this year. You have a lot of cards already!!

Luckily I kept a journal this trip as well. I would update it while we were eating or waiting for something. It definitely helps.

Normally we take a flight around 8 or 9 am, which works out well for us. We are not morning people lol

Thanks! We always get so many cards every year, and I never know what to do with them all... So far, I like this display the best of all the ways I've tried to display them. ::yes::

Yes - it's super helpful - I'd never be able to write my TRs without one. LOL

Ahhh... Yah - I can see where that would be better. ::yes::

ACK! I was so behind. Finally all caught up and enjoying every minute. I love your AK day. EE has to be one of the best rides ever. And, you made me hungry with your breakfast food. I wish I had some Yak and Yeti right now. Yum. The AK mug is too cute!! I was laughing at the charging rhinos. What a way to start the morning. And your MK day was awesome! SM is my most favorite ride, ever. They better not ever mess with this ride. It is unique and has the original Disney touches. The mug you missed buying with the ears, too cute. And Stitch? That is the cutest story ever. Whoever was in the Stitch has an amazing sense of humor. I am so glad V got to experience this with him.

I did nothing this weekend but shop on the Internet. We are going to have a ton of boxes come our way in the next couple of weeks:) I did convince DH to go to Sears with me and pick out tools for Tyler for Christmas. Bam. Done. You . . . should . . . see . . . my . . .tree; seriously. It looks like it was caught up in a tornado and then thrown down. My dear kitten has destroyed it. I lock him up each morning and try to salvage it a little but it is pretty hopeless. He is one of those kittens who believes the tree is there just for him. It isn't just the ornaments. He climbs the darn thing all the way to the top. And, to top it off he has managed to unhook every single light so they are dangling. I tell him it's good he is so darn cute.

I love, love, love the SW PJ's for Lara and Thomas. You did such a great job. The Chewie ones are the best. Having boys around I have seen all SW movies many, many times.

I popped into my Super Target last night; thank goodness for self checkout lines. Those even had a line and a wait. It was madhouse in there with just 3 checkers.

Love your reports D. Hmmmmmm, I saw a mention of October in there That would be so awesome if it could be done when V returns.

Hope you have a good week D - I will be here trying to keep caught up. Work has been crazy.

Always hugs, always prayers.

Yes - all of our days were quite good - we were definitely having a lot of fun! The Stitch Experience - I don't think - will ever be topped... It was fantastic!

Thanks!!! It was fun to make them - even if it was a bit intimidating at first... I don't necessarily enjoy working with my serger all that much - it's a new machine (as opposed to vintage) and I am always afraid I am going to wreck something on it. ::yes::

Yikes!!! I know - our Target has been crazy too - but I love it! LOL Glad you were able to get out of there!

Yes - we are trying to nail down another time where we can sneak in a trip... This coming year is so difficult. I finally logged on to SW again last night - as I got to thinking that I was never refunded for the cost difference with my October flights. Even though I selected to be refunded via how I paid for the tickets - they gave me a travel voucher instead.. Soooo - if I don't want to lose that credit - both V and I have to travel by July of 2017... Which makes things difficult. I may end up fore-fitting those funds - which is a bummer... Since we cannot take a trip before she graduates - and she will be in Europe right after... LOL

Thanks Carol - same to you as always! :hug:

I love all of your mugs!

I hope yesterday and today have been productive for you!

Thanks! It's been so fun to collect them!

They have been - working hard to finish up before I go on Christmas break... Which isn't really a break this year - it's more of a slow working period. LOL As I do have one order, but I have a few weeks to do it - so if I can sneak up there for a few good days - I'll have some time off too. ::yes:: Which I am looking forward to spending some time with the girls- even though Allison doesn't have a Christmas break this year. ::yes

I hope you are doing well too... Are you able to have any extra time off for Christmas this year? I know that work has been busy for you...

********************************************************************************************************

Yesterday was a Target day for me... We were quite busy there - which is good and always makes my day go fast.

I dropped V off at Church after, and then I came home and made goulash for dinner... We haven't had goulash in so long and I was really craving it. Although - at about 8pm, both Josh and I were starving and we both realized that it definitely didn't stick with us for long... Must have been the noodles (which I typically don't eat)? Who knows??? I just know that I was starving when normally I am not.

Then we sat around all night, waiting on the girls to get home... We are in some pretty crazy windchill warnings right now - which is no fun... It's really early in the year for this for us - usually it doesn't get too bitter cold until Jan/Feb time frame... I should have known, when we had such a mild and nice fall. ::yes::

Today - I am working all day... I am going to try to finish up this week's order early - if I can... as I have a few things going on tomorrow with not much time to work and a busy weekend ahead. Sooo... I will be working all day today and likely after dinner too. ::yes:: Which is OK - it's too cold out to go anywhere or do anything. ::yes:: We also have a winter storm warning starting tomorrow afternoon too - so I want to get out early and get done what I need to get done, so we can just hole up for the weekend. ::yes:: Sadly - I think Allison works all weekend... :scratchin

Oh - I did find my receipt for the AnA bracelet - so I sent a photo of it and a photo of my bracelet to Disney - hopefully I hear back soon. I know this particular bracelet has been discontinued - so I am a bit nervous that it won't be available. ::yes::

Anyways - I hope you all have a great day! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you.

D~

Yes - we are trying to nail down another time where we can sneak in a trip... This coming year is so difficult. I finally logged on to SW again last night - as I got to thinking that I was never refunded for the cost difference with my October flights. Even though I selected to be refunded via how I paid for the tickets - they gave me a travel voucher instead.. Soooo - if I don't want to lose that credit - both V and I have to travel by July of 2017... Which makes things difficult. I may end up fore-fitting those funds - which is a bummer... Since we cannot take a trip before she graduates - and she will be
Time for you to plan a solo trip. I miss when southwest used to let anyone use the credit, not who originally booked it the flight.

Oh - I did find my receipt for the AnA bracelet - so I sent a photo of it and a photo of my bracelet to Disney - hopefully I hear back soon. I know this particular bracelet has been discontinued - so I am a bit nervous that it won't be available. ::yes::
I'm sure Disney will make it right.

I wonder how good pandora charms are at making things right? I got a gift of a Minnie headband charm. I keep on forgetting to go in to the store.
We gave my girls their presents early. Sydney needed basketball sneakers. She had a specific pair in mind, so it was her present.
We got Dani a soccer rebound training goal. Gave it to her since it is getting too cold to use it. We tried to put it together yesterday. Two of the pieces were defective. The metal pushin in thing was on the opposite side as the hole it fits in. I tried every which way but it didn't work. So now I have to go return it, actually I want to exchange it since I had a coupon.

Fingers crossed for your bracelet to be replaced!!!

I understand how wildly busy Target must be, as Hallmark has been insane lately, too. But, it sure does make my work days fly by--thank goodness, too, because they're having me work 5 of the 6 days I left until my trip!!! I have no clue how I'm going to get everything done before we leave.

I can't believe this cold already either!! I was hoping to stay home and get things done today, so sure they were going to close our school since with windchill they say it's about -25 outside, BUT no such luck. Here we are freezing away in my classroom where the radiator doesn't work. Sigh.

Hopefully you can get your bracelet replaced. I think my daughter had the same problem with one of hers. I don't think she did anything about it.
It's really cold here, too. Schools are closed because it's so cold. This is unusual for us, too. Unfortunately, this means that the kids that live in the housing development behind Walmart will be in the store like they were during the last snow day.
Today's our store Christmas party. We have it during work so everyone can come. I think we're having pasta and stuff for a local Italian place. They make the best bread.
Hopefully you can figure out a way to use those travel vouchers before they expire.
Haave a good day \Liz

I hope they're able to replace your bracelet! It's so frustrating that the paint wore off already. Alyssa had a panic moment yesterday with her engagement ring -- one of the tiny diamonds in the halo setting fell out and she called me in tears. But I knew the ring was under warranty and it's a local jeweler who does repairs onsite so they're replacing the diamond and checking all of the prongs for her for free on a rush order and she'll have her ring back before she flies home tomorrow. Yea!

Alyssa's college break is three weeks this year -- usually it's only two weeks, and so I'll be off work most of the next three weeks. I'll telework two half days next week, and probably two half days the week after Christmas, but other than that I'm off work and focusing on family, Christmas, and wedding planning! Mark and Brie only have a week and a half off from school (darn) but that leaves Alyssa and me plenty of time to focus on wedding plans.

It's bitterly cold and windy here today, too -- temperatures in the single digits with wind chill. It's awful. It's early in the winter season for it to be this cold here. Mother Nature must be in a bad mood...

Have a great day!

The bitter cold is hitting NY as well. I'm trying to stay inside as much as I can! I hope Disney can do something about your bracelet quickly. Stay warm and have a great day!:goodvibes

Sounds like a good idea to stay inside now that you are in for windchill warnings.

I hope you get a lot done today so you can stay inside this weekend.

Crossing my fingers that you get a positive e-mail from Disney about your AnA bracelet.

I have a lot to comment on as while you were updating I was in WDW lol!! But first the last bit - the Stitch experience - WOW!! What an amazing character interaction, and I loved hearing how the whole restaurant was getting in on it too. Glad you were able to get the photopass pics too (surprised he didn't have a card to scan for ppl who don't have MBs or whatnot?).

But back to the previous day, AK morning is always good and TH looked great! So nice to get in a nap but still a long day with PPO BF then staying out so late!! We did that this trip with two littles (and I walked back to Shades from the Poly, phew!) I def couldn't do that every day. I was up by 5:30 each day too, can't sleep in either! nice time at MK that evening too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter